PDA

View Full Version : The Problem with Cloning

CWH
10-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Just to get some views about cloning and the soul/spirit from the readers here:

1) When a person dies, the soul or the spirit went to heaven. If that person was cloned, will the same spirit or soul returned back to him? If so, how does the spirit knows the original body to return to?

2) If there were multiple clonings from the same person who died, can the same spirit or soul be shared?

3) How can more than one cloned person have the same identical spirit? How can God judged the cloned persons with the same identical spirit if they dies especially if one is evil and another is good?

These are perplexing questions and I think the only logical answer is that the cloned person do not have the same original spirit from the one who died.

What say you all?

Many Blessings.

Rose
10-15-2010, 08:56 AM

1) When a person dies, the soul or the spirit went to heaven. If that person was cloned, will the same spirit or soul returned back to him? If so, how does the spirit knows the original body to return to?

2) If there were multiple clonings from the same person who died, can the same spirit or soul be shared?

3) How can more than one cloned person have the same identical spirit? How can God judged the cloned persons with the same identical spirit if they dies especially if one is evil and another is good?

These are perplexing questions and I think the only logical answer is that the cloned person do not have the same original spirit from the one who died.

What say you all?

Many Blessings.

If humans were to ever be cloned, I think that new life even though identical to the parent would be the same as life that came from the sperm/egg union. So, in that sense each created life would be imbued with a unique soul/spirit.

Blessings,
Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
10-15-2010, 10:28 AM

Fun questions!

This brings up the question: Does God create a "soul or spirit" at the moment of conception? Some folks think so, and then conclude that cloned humans would be soulless and that leads them to think that they'd be great soldiers in the Army of Antichrist! Speculation is fun ...

Of course, we also have the problem of twinning that happens after conception. Does the soul then split?

CWH
10-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I believe somehow the spirit is able to find the original body that it once belongs to as in the case of raising of the dead such as Lazarus by Jesus. I certainly believe Lazarus wasn't "possessed" by a different spirit when he was raised from the dead. There are real life incidences whereby people who woke up from a coma doesn't behave like the original person that the family used to know. The person who woke up from coma sometimes even identify himself/herself as so and so.

BTW, I do agree with Rose, a cloned person is no different from conception when the spirit enters into the foetus; in this case as regards to a cloned person, the unique spirit enters the cloned person during the process of cloning. A spirit is unique and thus I do not believe a spirit can be shared or split even in a twin. Even in a twin, there is always some slight differences in their behaviours which proved that their spirits are not 100% identical; perhaps 99%. So on the same note, I would say that a cloned person has a unique spirit probably 99% identical from the original person.

This comes to mind with another perplexing question, what if during conception if the sperm that unites with the egg is another sperm, in other words, what if sperm A that was supposed to unite with the egg was replaced by sperm B, will the spirit also be replaced by another spirit? What about in the case of a twin whereby two sperms fertilized an egg which is what Richard is asserting? The logical answer is probably that the spirit do not enters during "union" but a few months later during the process of foetal development when the foetus starts to develop organs such as eyes, brain etc...and each spirit that enters is unique. How the spirit enters is a mystery beyond human understanding. I do suspect that the spirit do not enters the body but was developed together (a few months later) during foetal development when the foetus starts developing organs.

Many Blessings