PDA

View Full Version : Meditation

shalag
09-01-2007, 08:08 PM
From Ana Mendez Ferrell:

The Blood Conquered Iniquity, Rebellion and Sin
These three things are the power structure that the devil establishes within man through the seed with which he contaminated our nature after the fall.

Iniquity is the root of evil implanted in man that produces in him the desire to sin. Sin is the fruit that is produced when iniquity is active. Rebellion is the power that feeds iniquity so that it is continually inducing man to sin.

The finished work of the cross puts an end to this whole structure of demonic power.

shalag
09-03-2007, 05:52 PM
From Ana Mendez Ferrell:

The Blood Conquered Iniquity, Rebellion and Sin
These three things are the power structure that the devil establishes within man through the seed with which he contaminated our nature after the fall.

Iniquity is the root of evil implanted in man that produces in him the desire to sin. Sin is the fruit that is produced when iniquity is active. Rebellion is the power that feeds iniquity so that it is continually inducing man to sin.

The finished work of the cross puts an end to this whole structure of demonic power. The finished work of the cross also has a root, a fruit, and power. We know that there is 'power in the blood'. This power united with its root, the Spirit of God, produced the fruit, Jesus the firstfruit of the dead.
From Ana Mendez Ferrell:
The union of that glorious blood with the Spirit of God produced the power that pulled Jesus out of the grave, defeating death and hell. The invincible power of the resurreciton penetrated the redeemed body of Jesus. The life in His blood became the most powerful inheritance that He could leave us.

Paul lived this reality in his own flesh and in the fullness of his spirit. This is what he was trying to transmit to us. He knew that drinking from the blood of the covenant was not a ritual or a tiny sip of liquid that disappeared within ten minutes. He knew that his entire being was impregnated with this vital fluid. The blood of Jesus penetrates our spirit and invades our whole body, transforming our soul and flooding every cell of our body. The strength of His might is at work in us through His resurrection Paul prayed for our eyes to be opened to this reality and for us to truly understand the inheritance that Jesus had left us. The Holy Spirit is revealing an important truth to me at this time - on communion - the missing link for the 'body of Christ'. There have been two times in my life when I know that my prayers literally touched the heart of Christ. The first time, in the mid 70's, my prayer was miraculously answered. The second time was this July when I was praying for a Brother. When the Lord took him home I struggled tremendously with 'understanding'.

Now this is hard - - when I was praying for this Brother, a man of prayer, the Lord had brought me to 1Corinthinians 11 and 'unworthy communion'. He showed me Luke 4 when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness. The devil used Scripture against Jesus - -a subtle tactic such as was in the garden. But Jesus saw through that and he also answered with the Word, but 'in communion' with the Father, relating that it ALSO said, 'Man does not live by bread alone… worship Him alone … don't tempt the Lord God…'

I was baffled. I called a trusted friend in prayer, and we both prayed. She stopped after a few minutes into the prayer and said, "I'll pray but I am hearing that there is an agreement with death." Unbeknownst to her I had heard this same statement for the first time from another intecessor two weeks prior when she related the loss of another brother. I was disturbed, so that night I left and drove 300 miles to the hospital and asked this Brother's wife - what do you feel the Lord is showing you? She broke down in tears and shared a Scripture from the OT in which the Word of the Lord came to a 'false prophet' and God decreed he would die in the 'seventh month'. Both the Brother (who was a pastor with a 'prophetic' ministry) and his wife had come into agreement with this Word.

The devil comes to kill, steal and destroy - especially by 'breaking true communion. Jesus did not come to 'take life' - he came to redeem life. If we are in 'true communion' with the Holy Spirit, embracing Christ and His gospel we will not be 'beguiled'.

The picture the Lord spoke to me in short was this. This missing 'key' is that the body is not taking communion daily - true communion that brings us into His presence - literally. Just as we were commanded to be baptized in water - a literal act - we are also instructed in the 'breaking of the bread' - a literal act of receiving the elements of bread and wine - -NOT as a ritual but as a commitment that we will enter and remain in His presence.

The picture I received was in three parts: first the two trees in the garden, the tree of life with a single trunk -vav - and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil with an 'ayin' trunk, one side being good and the other evil. I was shown that rather than 'choosing life', we make our own judgments on what is 'good' and what is evil'. Then for further understanding of this he showed me a 'car battery' with its positive and negative posts - and the 'necessary cable' to bring forth the power contained within the battery. This was a picture of the positive and negative commandments - the cable being Christ. In the third part, He showed me the battery being placed in a car 'body', fully charged and the cable properly attached to the battery and the car. He likened this to baptism of water when we become 'fully charged, receiving the full measure of the Spirit. (After water baptism Jesus went into the wilderness (Luke 4) in the 'fullness of the Spirit'.) The Holy Spirit then pointed to the gas tank. As we hear and study the Word of God, our 'gas tanks' become full.

I asked, 'If this is true why are many sick and many die?"

The next part of this picture was of the church parking lot - full of 'cars with fully charged batteries and full tanks of gas' - yet parked - and people pointing to the 'beautiful cars'. And after service they walked behind their cars pushing them home - again to be parked.

Of course I wondered why they didn't 'turn the key' and drive them home.

The Lord showed me the 'key' was 'communion'. Without communion, even with the fullness of the Spirit, and a heart filled with the Word of God, we have no power without 'communion', the breaking of the bread. Those in communion with the Lord lay hands on the sick and they recover, they cast out demons, etc. - they believe the inheritance of Jesus and so walk in it. Jesus came out of the wilderness (Luke 4) in the power of the Spirit and went about in miracles and healings. 1. Water baptism 2. Transform your mind with the Word 3. Communion, the literal breaking of bread and taking of wine, and remaining until you enter His presence.

shalag
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Oswald Chambers:

Abraham's faith was to be permanent: that is, he must walk continually before the eyes of the Almighty in the consciousness of His presence. We won't walk before God because we are not confident in Him, and the proof that we are not confident in God is that occasionally we get into the sulks. If we are walking with God, it is impossible to be in the sulks, for we are walking in the permanent light of faith.

Suppose Job had said, "If I were trusting in God I should not be treated like this." He was trusting in God, and he was treated like that. Faith is not that we see God, but that we know God sees us. That is good enough for us, and we will run out and play - - a life of absolute freedom.

The spiritual sulks arise because we want something other than God: we want God to give us something, to make us feel better, to give us wonderful insight into the Bible. That is not the attitude of a saint, but of a sinner who is trying to be a saint and who is coming to God to get things from Him. Unless we give to God the things we get from Him, they will prove our perdition.

shalag
09-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Truth without enthusiasm, morality without emotion, ritual without soul, are things Christ unsparingly condemned. Destitute of fire, they are nothing more than a godless philosophy, an ethical system, and a superstition. Samuel Chadwick