PDA

View Full Version : Lamentations

gilgal
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm looking and underlining the Alphabetic words in Lamentations to learn them in case I find them in other books or chapters.

A good way to learn the BibleWheel pattern is to start looking in the Alphabetic books and chapters such as Lamentations.

Here are my thoughts on this book as I look into it.

אֵיכָה Aicah - How is the title and the first word in Lamentations. Aicah is both associated with the #1 because it is an Aleph word and #3:

Genesis 3:9 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=3&v=9&t=KJV#conc/9)
And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where אַיֶּֽכָּה [art] thou?
Where and How vary in the vowel marks.

Looking at the verses in Lamentations, don't forget to look at other patterns than the alphabetic words. Check this out:

Lamentations 1:11 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Lam&c=1&t=KJV&q=lamentations#conc/11)
All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.

כָּל־עַמָּהּ - All her people: All is the alphabetic word. But People is related to the #11 because it is a multiple of 11. The sum of עם `am is 110.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm looking and underlining the Alphabetic words in Lamentations to learn them in case I find them in other books or chapters.

A good way to learn the BibleWheel pattern is to start looking in the Alphabetic books and chapters such as Lamentations.

Here are my thoughts on this book as I look into it.

אֵיכָה Aicah - How is the title and the first word in Lamentations. Aicah is both associated with the #1 because it is an Aleph word and #3:

Where and How vary in the vowel marks.

Excellent observation. I have noticed some pretty intriguing links between the Hebrew names of the first few books with the chapter sequence of Genesis.

The Hebrew name of Exodus, is Shemot (Names). This word first occurs in Genesis 2:
Genesis 2:20 And Adam gave names (shemot) to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Likewise, the Hebrew name of Leviticus is Vayiqra (And he called), taken from the first line:
Leviticus 1:1 And the LORD called (vayiqra) unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
And when is the first time this word is used to describe God's call to a human? Genesis 3!
Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called (vayiqra) unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
The word vayiqra also appears in Genesis 1 when God gave names to things like "And God called the light day" - but the first time that God used it in reference to his call to a human being is in Genesis 3. This means that Gen 3:9 contains that first occurrence of the names of the first two books on Spoke 3.

The pattern is not so obvious in Genesis 4, but there is a strong correlation with Numbers (Book 4). Genesis 4 contains the first occurrence of the word
nuah which means "wanderer" (translated as "fugitive" in the KJV):
Genesis 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive (nuah) and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
The events of Genesis 4 prophetically anticipate the content of Book 4, Numbers, which is explained as follows:
Numbers 32:13 And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander (nuah) in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.
I could go on, but I don't have time right now. Obviously, this is an extremely rich field for research! I hope others will contribute their observations.

Richard

gilgal
08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
The pattern is not so obvious in Genesis 4, but there is a strong correlation with Numbers (Book 4). Genesis 4 contains the first occurrence of the word
Genesis 4:14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive (nuah) and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
The events of Genesis 4 prophetically anticipate the content of Book 4, Numbers, which is explained as follows:
Numbers 32:13 And the LORD'S anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander (nuah) in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the LORD, was consumed.
I could go on, but I don't have time right now. Obviously, this is an extremely rich field for research! I hope others will contribute their observations.

Richard

Could it be that the verse 14 in Genesis 4 has something to do with the word Nuah?

gilgal
08-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Lamentations 1:16 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Lam&c=1&v=1&t=KJV#conc/16)
For these [things] - עַל־אֵלֶּה I weep; mine eye - עֵינִי, mine eye - עֵינִי runneth down with water, because the comforter that should relieve my soul is far from me: my children are desolate, because the enemy prevailed.

Notice the eye an Ayin word is mentioned but the verse starts with For these [things] - עַל־אֵלֶּה. So I pick up the hint that there may be more than one alphabetic word in the alphabetic verses.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Notice the eye an Ayin word is mentioned but the verse starts with For these [things] - עַל־אֵלֶּה. So I pick up the hint that there may be more than one alphabetic word in the alphabetic verses.
That is exactly correct. Many alphabetic verses have more than one KeyWord. For example:
Lamentations 2:8 The LORD hath purposed (chashab) to destroy the wall (chamah) of the daughter of Zion: he hath stretched out a line, he hath not withdrawn his hand from destroying: therefore he made the rampart (cheyl) and the wall (chamah) to lament; they languished together.
Here we see three KeyWords. The primary KeyWord (the first word in the verse) is chashab. The second one, which occurs twice, is chamah - a major Chet KeyWord that forms an Alphabetic KeyLink with Amos (Spoke 8, Cycle 2) as discussed in the article called The Lord Standing upon a Wall (http://biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Chet_Wall.asp). This is truly amazing - here is an old wood carving depicting the unique content of Amos which is linked to the fundamental Chet KeyWord chamoth (wall):

Amos 7:7 Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the Lord stood upon a wall (chomah) made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand. 8 And the LORD said unto me, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A plumbline. Then said the Lord, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel: I will not again pass by them any more: 9 And the high places of Isaac shall be desolate, and the sanctuaries of Israel shall be laid waste; and I will rise against the house of Jeroboam with the sword.
http://biblewheel.com/Art/zurich_bible_the_call_of_amos.gif

Richard

Victor
08-12-2010, 05:58 PM

Yes, the alphabetic passages are a goldmine of Alphabetic KeyWords. There is much to profit from this study.

Looking at the verses in Lamentations, don't forget to look at other patterns than the alphabetic words. Check this out:

כָּל־עַמָּהּ - All her people: All is the alphabetic word. But People is related to the #11 because it is a multiple of 11. The sum of עם `am is 110.

Very good gilgal! Yes, not only the first Hebrew word in the acrostic begins with the corresponding Hebrew letter but the entire verse can provide several connected insights that relate to the letter.

Victor
08-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Excellent observation. I have noticed some pretty intriguing links between the Hebrew names of the first few books with the chapter sequence of Genesis.

The Hebrew name of Exodus, is Shemot (Names). This word first occurs in Genesis 2:
Genesis 2:20 And Adam gave names (shemot) to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Likewise, the Hebrew name of Leviticus is Vayiqra (And he called), taken from the first line:
Leviticus 1:1 And the LORD called (vayiqra) unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
And when is the first time this word is used to describe God's call to a human? Genesis 3!
Genesis 3:9 And the LORD God called (vayiqra) unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
The word vayiqra also appears in Genesis 1 when God gave names to things like "And God called the light day" - but the first time that God used it in reference to his call to a human being is in Genesis 3. This means that Gen 3:9 contains that first occurrence of the names of the first two books on Spoke 3.

Richard

Hey, these examples are found in the main site! So you have others?? Like Genesis 5 and 6?

Victor
08-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Could it be that the verse 14 in Genesis 4 has something to do with the word Nuah?

You spotted a great link!

Victor
08-12-2010, 06:14 PM

Right on the money! As Richard also illustrates, there can be more than one alphabetic keyword within an alphabetic verse. I have shown similar examples, just like when an acrostic verse anticipates a keyword that begins with the following letter.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey, these examples are found in the main site! So you have others?? Like Genesis 5 and 6?
I don't have any new insights not already listed in the Genesis pages (http://biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Intro.asp) of the Inner Wheels section. Sorry. But I'm sure that a fresh look would yield some more good fruit.

Victor
08-13-2010, 04:18 AM
I don't have any new insights not already listed in the Genesis pages (http://biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Intro.asp) of the Inner Wheels section. Sorry. But I'm sure that a fresh look would yield some more good fruit.

Oh, ok. I thought you were referring to other connections of the kind that relate the name of the book to the corresponding chapter in Genesis (or other Inner Cycle).

Richard Amiel McGough
08-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh, ok. I thought you were referring to other connections of the kind that relate the name of the book to the corresponding chapter in Genesis (or other Inner Cycle).
There are other links, but I thought you already knew about them from reading those articles. For example, the two words "Hebrew" and "Melchizadek" make a joint debut in Genesis 14 which corresponds to Spoke 14 where we find the explanation of Melchizadek in the Book of Hebrews.

And there are other more subtle connections where the first occurrence of a KeyWord linked to a central theme appears. For example, the first occurrence of the Resh Keyword "rapha" (to heal) is in Genesis 20 (http://biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis20.asp) which corresponds to Spoke 20 where we find the Gospel of Healing written by Luke the Physician.

So there is a lot going on here. I have not reviewed it recently. I imagine a fresh look would bring new insights.

Richard

gilgal
08-13-2010, 04:16 PM
And there are other more subtle connections where the first occurrence of a KeyWord linked to a central theme appears. For example, the first occurrence of the Resh Keyword "rapha" (to heal) is in Genesis 20 (http://biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis20.asp) which corresponds to Spoke 20 where we find the Gospel of Healing written by Luke the Physician.

So there is a lot going on here. I have not reviewed it recently. I imagine a fresh look would bring new insights.

Richard
That should be the first occurrence of the word healing.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-13-2010, 04:50 PM
That should be the first occurrence of the word healing.
It is the first occurrence of Strong's #07495 rapha which means "to heal."

What do you mean by "the first occurrence of the word healing"? In all the English versions I checked, that word is translated as "healed."

gilgal
08-13-2010, 09:09 PM
It is the first occurrence of Strong's #07495 rapha which means "to heal."

What do you mean by "the first occurrence of the word healing"? In all the English versions I checked, that word is translated as "healed."
Well yeah...that's what I meant. I don't recall anywhere before Genesis 20 where is says healing/healed.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Well yeah...that's what I meant. I don't recall anywhere before Genesis 20 where is says healing/healed.
Yeah ... that's what I thought.

Getting back to the correlation between Chapters of Genesis and the Bible Wheel, have you thought about Genesis 16 and its correspondence to Ayin = Eye? It is there that Hagar speaks of God as the "God who sees me." Powerful correlation, especially in light of the dominance of ayin in Zechariah.

gilgal
08-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah ... that's what I thought.

Getting back to the correlation between Chapters of Genesis and the Bible Wheel, have you thought about Genesis 16 and its correspondence to Ayin = Eye? It is there that Hagar speaks of God as the "God who sees me." Powerful correlation, especially in light of the dominance of ayin in Zechariah.
And then the fountain.

gilgal
08-14-2010, 02:45 PM
What do you think of these:

Lamentations 3:53
צָֽמְתוּ בַבֹּור חַיָּי וַיַּדּוּ־אֶבֶן בִּֽי׃
dungeon: בור bowr
Cut off:צמת tsamath
Life: חי chay

They have cut off my life in the dungeon, and cast a stone upon me.

And this:

Isaiah 53:8
מֵעֹצֶר וּמִמִּשְׁפָּט לֻקָּח וְאֶת־דֹּורֹו מִי יְשֹׂוחֵחַ כִּי נִגְזַר מֵאֶרֶץ חַיִּים מִפֶּשַׁע עַמִּי נֶגַע לָֽמֹו׃
Prison: עצר `otser
Cut off: גזר gazar

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-14-2010, 04:57 PM
And then the fountain.
Yep - the first occurrence of Ayin in the sense of "fountain" is in Gen 16.

Genesis 16:7 And the angel of the LORD found her by a fountain (ayin) of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.
The correlation between Gen 16 and Ayin is very strong.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey there Gilgal,

Concerning the 66 verses of Lamentations 3 - I have never investigated their possible correlation with the 66 chapters of Isaiah. It think it would be worth researching.

But there is a much more intriguing possibility that I have been wondering about. The 66 verses of Lamenations 3 might correspond with the books on each Spoke of the wheel. There are three verses for each letter, so there is a natural correspondence like this:

First triplet of verses = the books on Spoke 1
Second triplet of verses = the books on Spoke 2
etc.

Following this pattern, we find that the Book of Job corresponds to the first Tzaddi verse:

Lamentations 3:52 Mine enemies chased me sore, like a bird, without cause.
That seems pretty significant since "Job" means "enemy" so we have the actual name of the book appearing in it's corresponding verse. Furthermore, the Tzaddi Keyword in this verse is tzud (to hunt) which describes how Job felt:

Job 10:15 If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction; 16 For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me.
Unfortunately, I have not found other examples that are as strong as this. But then again, I have not studied it in depth yet. It is interesting that the next Tzaddi verse corresponds to Matthew which is the only Gospel that mentions the stone set upon Christ's grave:

Lamentations 3:53 They have cut off my life in the dungeon, and cast a stone upon me.
But I have not seen an obvious connection of the third Tzaddi verse with 1 John.

Richard

gilgal
08-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey there Gilgal,

Concerning the 66 verses of Lamentations 3 - I have never investigated their possible correlation with the 66 chapters of Isaiah. It think it would be worth researching.

But there is a much more intriguing possibility that I have been wondering about. The 66 verses of Lamenations 3 might correspond with the books on each Spoke of the wheel. There are three verses for each letter, so there is a natural correspondence like this:

First triplet of verses = the books on Spoke 1
Second triplet of verses = the books on Spoke 2
etc.

Following this pattern, we find that the Book of Job corresponds to the first Tzaddi verse:

Lamentations 3:52 Mine enemies chased me sore, like a bird, without cause.
That seems pretty significant since "Job" means "enemy" so we have the actual name of the book appearing in it's corresponding verse. Furthermore, the Tzaddi Keyword in this verse is tzud (to hunt) which describes how Job felt:

Job 10:15 If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction; 16 For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me.
Unfortunately, I have not found other examples that are as strong as this. But then again, I have not studied it in depth yet. It is interesting that the next Tzaddi verse corresponds to Matthew which is the only Gospel that mentions the stone set upon Christ's grave:

Lamentations 3:53 They have cut off my life in the dungeon, and cast a stone upon me.
But I have not seen an obvious connection of the third Tzaddi verse with 1 John.

Richard

I thought Job meant struggle.

gilgal
08-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Numbers 14:33 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Num&c=14&t=KJV#conc/33)
And your children shall wander [רעה ra`ah ] in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.

Jeremiah 14:10 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Num&c=14&t=KJV#conc/33)
Thus saith the LORD unto this people, Thus have they loved to wander [נוע nuwa` ], they have not refrained their feet, therefore the LORD doth not accept them; he will now remember their iniquity, and visit their sins.

Lamentations 4:14 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Lam&c=4&v=1&t=KJV#conc/14)
They have wandered [נוע nuwa`] [as] blind [men] in the streets, they have polluted themselves with blood, so that men could not touch their garments.

Genesis 4:14 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=4&v=14&t=KJV#conc/14)
Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive [נוע nuwa`] and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, [that] every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Well ... that's only four verses marked by the number 14 out of a total of 36 verses that contain the word nuah, so it doesn't seem significant.

gilgal
08-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Well ... that's only four verses marked by the number 14 out of a total of 36 verses that contain the word nuah, so it doesn't seem significant.

yeah but look at the last 2.

gilgal
08-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Lamentations 4:7 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Lam&c=4&v=1&t=KJV#conc/7)
Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing [was] of sapphire:
With the exception of:

Amos 2:11
And I raised up of your sons for prophets, and of your young men for Nazarites. [Is it] not even thus, O ye children of Israel? saith the LORD.
[Select for Copy; Double click to (de-)select all]
Amos 2:12
But ye gave the Nazarites wine to drink; and commanded the prophets, saying, Prophesy not.

The rest of the results of Nazirite is found in Numbers (book 4) and Judges (book 7), both numbers is included in Lamentations 4:7 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=Nazarite&t=KJV&sf=5)

Surprisingly, Nazirite isn't mentioned in Luke 1 for John the Baptist:

Luke 1:15 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Luk&c=1&v=1&t=KJV#conc/15)
For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-14-2010, 06:59 PM
yeah but look at the last 2.
Right - that catches the eye:

Genesis 4:14, Lamentations 4:14 and Bible Book 4 Chapter 14

gilgal
08-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Lamentations 4 shows the petterns of Spoke 4

Words Searched For: respect + not

Genesis 4
5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Numbers 16
15 And Moses was very wroth, and said unto the LORD, Respect not thou their offering: I have not taken one ass from them, neither have I hurt one of them.

Lamentations 4
16 The anger of the LORD hath divided them; he will no more regard them: they respected not the persons of the priests, they favoured not the elders.

The last 2 are close. book 4 chapter 16 and chapter 4 verse 16. Verse 16 is Peh and not Ayin. The letters are switched.

Words Searched For: in the wilderness

Numbers 1
1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying,

Lamentations 4
3 Even the sea monsters draw out the breast, they give suck to their young ones: the daughter of my people is become cruel, like the ostriches in the wilderness.

Words Searched For: pollute + blood

Numbers 35
33 So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.

Lamentations 4
14 They have wandered as blind men in the streets, they have polluted themselves with blood, so that men could not touch their garments.

Ezekiel 44
7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.

Victor
08-15-2010, 08:21 AM
There are other links, but I thought you already knew about them from reading those articles. For example, the two words "Hebrew" and "Melchizadek" make a joint debut in Genesis 14 which corresponds to Spoke 14 where we find the explanation of Melchizadek in the Book of Hebrews.

Richard

Now I see what you mean. When you covered the first chapters and then stopped at Gen 4 and said that there was more, I thought you meant Gen 5, 6...

But, yes, even though those chapters don't seem to have a link to the corresponding book name, there are those like the ones you mention.

I remember Matthew 1, when it says: "The book of the generation of Jesus Christ...". Generation in Greek is Genesis, so Matthew 1 corresponds to "the book of Genesis".

1 Samuel 3 twice says "and the Lord called." It thus links to Hebrew name of the book of Leviticus.

Victor
08-15-2010, 08:28 AM
What do you think of these:

צָֽמְתוּ בַבֹּור חַיָּי וַיַּדּוּ־אֶבֶן בִּֽי׃
dungeon: בור bowr
Cut off:צמת tsamath

They have cut off my life in the dungeon, and cast a stone upon me.

And this:

מֵעֹצֶר וּמִמִּשְׁפָּט לֻקָּח וְאֶת־דֹּורֹו מִי יְשֹׂוחֵחַ כִּי נִגְזַר מֵאֶרֶץ חַיִּים מִפֶּשַׁע עַמִּי נֶגַע לָֽמֹו׃
Prison: עצר `otser
Cut off: גזר gazar

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Now, this is impressive! I've found links such as this here and there. You see, this is an acrostic chapter, and so verse 53 begins with Tsaddi, but maybe the 53 can link to another 53 such as Isa 53! It really does seem that we are talking about a valid association!

gilgal
08-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Now, this is impressive! I've found links such as this here and there. You see, this is an acrostic chapter, and so verse 53 begins with Tsaddi, but maybe the 53 can link to another 53 such as Isa 53! It really does seem that we are talking about a valid association!

But the words, except for life are different.

Lamentations 2, first of all in the BeTH verse mentions Swallow. But Swallow occurs elsewhere in the chapter as well.

Words Searched For: swallow

Lamentations 2 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Lam&c=2&v=1&t=KJV)
2 The LORD hath swallowed [בלע bala`] up all the habitations of Jacob, and hath not pitied: he hath thrown down in his wrath the strong holds of the daughter of Judah; he hath brought them down to the ground: he hath polluted the kingdom and the princes thereof.
5 The LORD was as an enemy: he hath swallowed up Israel, he hath swallowed up all her palaces: he hath destroyed his strong holds, and hath increased in the daughter of Judah mourning and lamentation.
16 All thine enemies have opened their mouth against thee: they hiss and gnash the teeth: they say, We have swallowed her up: certainly this is the day that we looked for; we have found, we have seen it.

1 Corinthians 15 (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=1Cr&c=15&v=1&t=KJV#top)
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Words Searched For: slew + slay

Numbers 25
5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor.

Genesis 4
8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Ezekiel 9
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.
8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

Lamentations 2
4 He hath bent his bow like an enemy: he stood with his right hand as an adversary, and slew all that were pleasant to the eye in the tabernacle of the daughter of Zion: he poured out his fury like fire.

Numbers 25:5 and Lamentations 2:4 connect both ways.

Speaking of:

Numbers 25
5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor.
Joined actually is the word צמד - tsamad