PDA

View Full Version : Spoke 22: God's trilogy of Love

Rose
08-25-2007, 02:18 PM
The Spirit and the Bride say come

Showing how Song of Songs, Acts and Revelation
intertwine to form a marvelous analogy of our relationship to Christ as his Bride.
From His choosing us and subsequent courtship in the Song of Songs,
with the words of Christ ( our beloved )to his bride ( the church) saying:
Arise and come away with me S.S. 2:10, to His sealing us with the Holy Spirit in
Acts, forming the betrothal covenant with the church His Bride; and finally the
consummation of marriage in Rev.21:9 where the church becomes
The Bride the Lambs wife.

Part 1
Song of Solomon

The Song of Courtship
the bride is chosen and waits for Christ’s coming

When I picture Songs of Songs in my mind I see an unfolding love story
of the courtship between Christ and the Church, beginning with the words
'let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth for thy love is better than wine'
S.S. 1:1. This is the beginning of our intimate relationship with Christ our
beloved. Throughout the Song of Songs the maiden always refers to her love
as 'my beloved ' and ' he whom my soul loveth '.
The maiden continues to call to her beloved saying ' Draw me, we will
run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers we will be glad and rejoice in thee,' .
S.S.1:4 . Her beloved Christ the King answers and speaks to
his maiden 'I have compared thee O my love to a company of horses in
Pharaoh’s chariots.' S.S. 1:9 and again 'behold, thou art fair, my love;
behold thou art fair thou hast dove’s eyes' S.S.1:15, and finally he calls his
Bride to 'rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away '.
We begin to plainly see the intimate interaction in this courtship between
Christ and His Bride 'the church'. As we journey through the Song of Songs,
our bridegroom the Messiah continually speaks to his Bride as my love, my
spouse and my undefiled one. We see over and over again the intimate feelings
of love shared between the maiden and the King. Those same feelings of intimate
oneness that Christ feels for His Bride, originate with God; love is what he is,
it is why he created us and why he has shared with us those very expressions
of love contained within the greatest love song ever written: The Song of Solomon.
The lovesong our God sings to us to draw us to Himself .In Song of Songs we
hear the song of courtship that Christ sings to his chosen Bride. The Bride
responds with asking her beloved to 'set me as a seal upon thine heart'
S.S. 8:6, and finally saying ' make haste, my beloved ' S.S. 8:14 asking her
beloved to not tarry but return to her quickly.

As beautifully as this song of courtship begins, it continues seemingly unbroken as it flows into the act of betrothal.

I will continue the next part in the following post.

Rose

Rose
08-25-2007, 02:31 PM
The Act of Betrothal
the Bride is sealed the church waits for Christ’s return

In Acts we have the 'Betrothal covenant' being sealed. The heart of the Bride
is sealed with the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-4 and the church is
born when Christ seals us with the Holy Spirit.
So just as Song of Songs is the lovesong of courtship Christ sings to his
chosen to draw her to himself, Acts becomes 'the act of betrothal' of sealing
his covenant with' His Bride,' fulfilling the request of the maiden in S.S. 8:6 to
'set me as a seal upon thy heart'.

The book of Acts opens up with Jesus telling his disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the promise of baptism of the Holy Spirit, Acts 1:4-5. So the Bride is told to wait for the engagement covenant to be made and then after the covenant is
made to wait and prepare for His return Acts 3:21 'whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things,'. The bridegroom is now in heaven until the time of restoration of all things.

Christ the bridegroom has made haste and come to seal' His Bride' He is now in heaven to prepare for the marriage of the Lamb
Rev 19:7 'Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready'.

We now turn to Revelation, where the Lamb’s wife is revealed: the third part of our trilogy of God’s love story for His people.

Continued in the following post......
Rose

Rose
08-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Part 3
Revelation

The Lamb’s wife revealed
The Bride is married, the church is with Christ
The Spirit and the bride say come ( Rev 22:17 )

The final unfolding happens in Revelation where the Bride who has
been waiting for a place to be prepared in heaven is married. In Rev.19:7
'the marriage of the Lamb is come and his wife has made herself ready'
and in Rev 21: 1-10 we see the New Jerusalem coming down from
God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. The
marriage of the Lamb is come and the bride is revealed (introduced) as
' The Bride The Lambs wife '. In this last book of the threefold lovestory
we have the fullness of all the ages completed. That which God established
from the beginning is now finished. The Spirit and the Bride say come.
We will dwell forever with our husband, Christ the Lord.

Praises be to His name forever and ever!

Rose

Rose
08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
The books united
A trilogy of love

In blending together the three notes of this spoke into one chord a magnificent love story unfolds,
we see how in Song of Songs a bride is chosen and the song of
Courtship is sung. The maiden and the king continue their romance through
the book of Songs ending with the chosen bride asking to be sealed on her
beloved heart and then with her words saying ' make haste (come quickly)'.

In Acts He says wait till I come and seal you with the Holy Spirit 'our
betrothal covenant '.Then in Acts 2:4 we see the Holy Spirit being poured
out upon the new church ( The Bride ) sealing our hearts with the Holy Spirit
and then again we are told to wait till 'the times of restoration of all things'
Acts 3:21. Jesus Christ the Bridegroom is in heaven preparing a place for
His bride the church.
In Revelation we see that Christ has returned for his
Church which is now dwelling with God in heaven as the wife of the Lamb
Rev 19:7-9, completing the plan of the ages. What begins in Genesis with God
creating man, male and female, joined together as one flesh, man and wife;
ends with Christ the Son of God, joined together with the Church to become her husband.

This is one of the many wonders that spoke 22 displays, tying together Gods plan of the ages,
and presenting it as a beautiful lovestory.

Oh the greatness of Gods love for us!

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
08-25-2007, 07:45 PM
The Spirit and the Bride say come

Showing how Song of Songs, Acts and Revelation
intertwine to form a marvelous analogy of our relationship to Christ as his Bride.
From His choosing us and subsequent courtship in the Song of Songs,
with the words of Christ ( our beloved )to his bride ( the church) saying:
Arise and come away with me S.S. 2:10, to His sealing us with the Holy Spirit in
Acts, forming the betrothal covenant with the church His Bride; and finally the
consummation of marriage in Rev.21:9 where the church becomes
The Bride the Lambs wife.

That is a magnificent vision, Rose!

Your review of Spoke 22 shows the true significance of the Bible Wheel, how God designed it to teach and to amplify the meaning of each book by aligning them so they have a context that mutually enlightens each book on the Spoke.

The thing that is so amazing is that we find this great theme of consummation on Spoke 22, the Final Spoke of the Wheel. Just as a man and wife become one when their marriage is consummated, so the circle (wedding ring) of the Bible is completed with the great marriage metaphor on Spoke 22, and we come "full circle."

Well done!

Richard

White
08-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey Richard and Rose,

I love it when the HOLY SPIRIT puts all of us on the SAME PAGE - I just found
this thread which connects so well with what I wrote on the Biblewheel Book Thread - today!

Here in short : I went to Diana and Nathan's Wedding because Monique's White Diamonds and I donated the Wedding Rings for this couple who could not afford any wedding rings. They loved the 1/3 ct diamond and setting and his Titanium Band, but the key is as follows:

The reading in the morning at OLL Mound was Revelation 21:9bff which I printed on angel paper as follows:
]"Come here, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb". He showed me the Holy City Jerusalem coming down out of Heaven from God... 12 Gates... 12 Angels... 12 Tribes of the Israelites... 12 courses of Stones... 12 names of the 12 Apostles of the Lamb, closing with : Only those will enter whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life - Diana & Nathan's Wedding 8/24/2007.[/COLOR]

I just discovered your Thread/Answer and thought : Yes, GOD works in mysterious ways, ways that are higher than our ways as the Heavens are above the Earth, but He never said that we could not walk in HIS ways, so let us learn to walk in HIS ways...

Shalom to all of you
SHalom/Peace to Jerusalem and the Holy Land
White

(Besides: my website www.watchandpray.com is based on Revelation 21:9ff - On 9/21/1996 the LORD gave me my very first poem which I called : GOD IS LOVE ... This year, 9/21/2007 is the eve of Yom Kippur, the HOLIEST DAY ON THE JEWISH CALENDAR and also a FRIDAY NIGHT... and the Book of Jonah is read in all the Synagogues on 9/22/2007 around the world - thus my signature verse:
Without the shedding of blood (the blood of Y'shua Ha-Mashiach) there is no forgiveness of sins - Hebrews 9:22... May the LORDS open our eyes, our ears, our hearts to HIMSELF and to each other.

Rose
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
The 22nd spoke
A trilogy of love

In blending together the three notes of this spoke into one chord, a magnificent love story unfolds.

In Song of Songs a bride is chosen and the song of Courtship is sung. The maiden and the king continue their romance through the book of Songs ending with the chosen bride asking to be sealed on her beloveds’ heart and then ending with her words saying 'make haste (come quickly)'.

In Acts, the Bridegroom Christ, says wait till I come and seal you with the Holy Spirit our 'betrothal' Covenant. In Acts 2:4 we see the Holy Spirit being poured out upon the new church (The Bride) sealing their hearts with the Holy Spirit, and then again we are told to wait till 'the times of restoration of all things' Acts 3:21. Jesus Christ the Bridegroom is then in heaven preparing a place for His bride the church.

In Revelation we see that Christ has returned for his bride and she becomes the wife of the Lamb Rev 19:7-9, completing the plan of the ages. What begins in Genesis with God creating man, male and female, joined together as one flesh, man and wife; ends with Christ the Son of God, joined together with His bride 'the Church', to become her husband. Then we see the closing words of Rev. answering the closing words of S.S. 'surely I come quickly'

This is one of the many wonders that spoke 22 displays, tying together Gods plan of the ages, and presenting it as a beautiful love story.

RoseWhen I originally wrote the above post I had not yet embarked on my in depth study of Revelation, the insights I received were drawn solely from my study of the 22nd spoke of the Bible Wheel, containing Song of Solomon, Acts, and Revelation. Now my understanding of Revelation has filled out greatly and I see the sequence of events as having been accomplished in the 1st century, culminating in 70 A.D.

The bride of Christ (Church) that was sealed at Pentecost, fully became His wife when the last stone of the Temple was thrown down and the Kingdom fully delivered up to God….at that moment the marriage was consummated….the last vestige of the Old Law gone (the elements dissolved by fire) and the inheritance that had been prepared for us from the foundation of the world fully ours (no strings attached…or should I say stones :)).

Matt. 35:31-34 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

God Bless,
Rose