PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew - Picture language

Codger
02-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Shalom... Means what? Peace - right, but in a round about way.

Hebrew was in its early day a picture language so most of the basic vocabulary was based on this picture language. It makes an interesting study.

The four consonants mean "destroy the authority that causes chaos."

Repent: From shoov - repentance comes when we "destroy the house" - that is to leave nothing to come back to.

Mother: em A mother is the "strong water" like the water that never fails she is the life giver, around her grows an oasis of life.

Richard Amiel McGough
02-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Shalom... Means what? Peace - right, but in a round about way.

Hebrew was in its early day a picture language so most of the basic vocabulary was based on this picture language. It makes an interesting study.

The four consonants mean "destroy the authority that causes chaos."

Repent: From shoov - repentance comes when we "destroy the house" - that is to leave nothing to come back to.

Mother: em A mother is the "strong water" like the water that never fails she is the life giver, around her grows an oasis of life.
Hi Larry,

Are you taking those examples from Dr. Seekin's books? He's done some excellent work in that area, though I don't agree with the limiting Shin to merely "destroying" - it certainly is that, there's a lot more to that letter. Here's a link to some of the stuff I've written on it.

http://biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Shin_Fire.asp

Richard

Codger
02-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Yes, I was thinking about putting my source in the post. Probably should.

Not too sure about his interpretation of the Tav either. It sounds good, but it meant nothing to anyone - except a few scholorly types like himself. People today generally don't know that the Tav was written in the shape of the cross. The people of old who may have known that the ancient Tav was written in the shape of the cross did not recognize the meaning of the cross until Jesus was crucified.

Thanx

Richard Amiel McGough
02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes, I was thinking about putting my source in the post. Probably should.

Not too sure about his interpretation of the Tav either. It sounds good, but it meant nothing to anyone - except a few scholorly types like himself. People today generally don't know that the Tav was written in the shape of the cross. The people of old who may have known that the ancient Tav was written in the shape of the cross did not recognize the meaning of the cross until Jesus was crucified.

Thanx
I'm quite certain they new Tav looked like a cross because of the ancient records of the orthography, but I be very surprised if they knew that it prefigured the cross of Messiah. But it is extremely significant that they understood it as a kind of symbolic seal, as we see in Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark (tav) upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
The rabbinic tradition expanded this idea and referred to Tav as the "Seal of Creation." All these ideas come together on Spoke 22 of the Bible Wheel, as explained in a series of articles beginning with Tav: Sealed with the Sign of the Cross (http://biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Tav_Seal.asp).

All the best!

Richard

HaShaliach
02-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Codg,
That is very interesting. It reminded me of a converstation I had.

Several years ago I met with a young business man from Israel. He was fairly well connected in Israel, and even offered me the chance to hold meetings on Mt. Zion. I knew he also had meetings here with some of the major TeleEvang guys. It was interesting that I later saw some of these "ministers" broadcasting from Mt. Zion. Anyway.....

The man told me that the modern Hebrew word for Politics means, "In here you will not find God." !!! LOL

I have not verified, but it is still an interesting story.

NumberX
04-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi all, yes the tav, the 400, the cross. In the Hebrew language it is the 22th. sign., the last one in the row of the hundreds. This row adds up to 1000: 100 + 200 + 300 + 400 = 1000. If we put those four together we have 1000, eleph, and that is one again: eleph and aleph is written the same.
Why the row of hundreds add up to thousand and why this is one again, I don't know, but here we see someting like in more places: We can find the 1:4 again.

Egypt
The tav 400 is like the 400 years in Egypt: We will never get out of it. It is what we experience as suffering. The tav has two sounds: liike the teth, the 9, the womb, or like the samech 60, the hard s, the snake (of which we say in the suffering we don't see another way out then some kind of lust: alcohol, television, holiday etc). The hard s we also meet in the previous sign which is the Shin with the sh, or with the hard s. So here at the end, when we move the rght way which is forward, we connect with the one again, like through the womb in some kind of birth, or do not connect with the one again and get lost in some kind of lust. This is the meaning of the T and S pronunciation. The T and S are connected in the beginning of TSadeh 90 (Ts like in German Z), Tsadeh is another transition sign: from the dozens to the hundreds (Teth from units to dozens).

Now you might ask why Israël was pushed out of Egypt and went to Canaän? Egypt, Mitzraïm, is written 40-90-200-10-40 so the total of the components is 380. Canäan is written 20-50-70-50 = 190. So here also, like from the Tav with T and S to the Aleph (which is silent by the way), the journey goes from 2 to 1.

You might know of another account of years in Egypt given: 430 years (Ex. 12:40,41) Now why this difference? This is kind of complicated explaining, it has to do with Abraham starting knowing of the time in Egypt, then the 430 years starts. The structure of the "bodily soul", the nephesh, 50-80-300, is like the 430. And the children of Israël build there one of the cities called Raämses: 200-70-40-60-60 = 430, Raämses meaning "conceived by the sun / son of the sun".

Isn't it great? Now I believe that it is like this, you too?