PDA

View Full Version : Climate scientist considered suicide

CWH
02-08-2010, 06:45 AM
See what the leaked climate emails can do to a person, where is your ethical conscience?

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/02/08/climate.change/

Many Blessings.

Richard Amiel McGough
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
See what the leaked climate emails can do to a person, where is your ethical conscience?

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/02/08/climate.change/

Many Blessings.
The leaked emails only revealed the truth.

My ethical conscience has no problem with the revelation of truth.

If that scientist had not participated in unethical practices, he would have suffered no ill effects from the revelation of what he wrote. They were not personal emails about private matters. They were emails written from his publicly funded work office to his colleagues. They revealed the unethical methods that the climate scientists used to manipulate data, suppress dissent and force the party line. They revealed a kind of scholastic fascism that has skewed the climate debate for decades.

Do you cry for the dictator when his regime is exposed?

CWH
02-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi RAM,

What I mean is that the leaked emails need not be publicized so openly unless this is an ulterior motives to purposely discredit him or to influence the votes in the World Climate conference. They could have warned him through private emais to apologise for his mistakes or faced a public condemnation. Anyway, it doesn't matter now, the world will get warmer even if everybody starts doing something now to counteract the global warming. The effects will be obvious a few decades down the road.

Many Blessings.

Richard Amiel McGough
02-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi RAM,

What I mean is that the leaked emails need not be publicized so openly unless this is an ulterior motives to purposely discredit him or to influence the votes in the World Climate conference. They could have warned him through private emais to apologise for his mistakes or faced a public condemnation. Anyway, it doesn't matter now, the world will get warmer even if everybody starts doing something now to counteract the global warming. The effects will be obvious a few decades down the road.

Many Blessings.
Hey there Cheow! :yo:

The scientists involved in the email scandal have had a huge influence on making people like you believe in Global Warming. They have shut down the debate and inhibited your ability to think for yourself by declaring that the "science is settled" and that anyone who disagrees has "ulterior motives." Why do you believe them? The emails give evidence that they manipulated data, suppressed contrary views of other scientists, and presented only one side of the story. Why are you not outraged that such vital information was deliberately withheld from you and the rest of the public? Don't you think all people should be fully informed about all the evidence for or against Global Warming?

All the best,

Richard

Mad Mick
02-23-2010, 05:04 AM
There's nothing worse than bad science giving good work a bad name. See I'm not going to dispute the climate issue, here in Australia we know that certain pollutants have caused a major reduction in ozone levels world wide which unfortunatly for us, the depletion concentrates over the antarctic and generally over the southern parts of Australia.

While our forests are dying on mass, and skin cancer is increasing per capita, just to go out in the sun on some days without protection for 1/2 an hour can burn you! It was just recent we saw a 35km (22 mile) wide iceberg float past New Zealand!

This is unprecedented in modern times and whether it's a natural fluctuation or man made has nothing to do with the outright destruction and pollution man is causing on this planet.

Whether there is a conspiracy or not has no bearing on this issue! It is in all our interests to stop pollution period ! ! !

Although Richard,
Why for the life of me anyone especially in the North Western States should show any vested interest in confusing the public about a policy that could avert any more OIL spills like the Exon Valdez' destruction of Prince William Sound, is beyond me.

Sometimes I feel you get on the attack purely out of Forum addiction/poisoning and maybe should avoid certain truths which could leave such a negative impact in your own backyard.

(Regardless I enjoy your balancing views be them for or against, it sparks a good debate. I can imagine you could argue for either side and be equally as convincing.

No doubt you would have succeeded well if you pursued Law!)

So POLLUTION is the REAL issue here and WHO'S going to pay for it, NOT the CLIMATE. (I spy a Red Herring, swimming in Black Soup!)
Mick

Richard Amiel McGough
02-23-2010, 10:36 AM
There's nothing worse than bad science giving good work a bad name. See I'm not going to dispute the climate issue, here in Australia we know that certain pollutants have caused a major reduction in ozone levels world wide which unfortunatly for us, the depletion concentrates over the antarctic and generally over the southern parts of Australia.

While our forests are dying on mass, and skin cancer is increasing per capita, just to go out in the sun on some days without protection for 1/2 an hour can burn you! It was just recent we saw a 35km (22 mile) wide iceberg float past New Zealand!

This is unprecedented in modern times and whether it's a natural fluctuation or man made has nothing to do with the outright destruction and pollution man is causing on this planet.

Whether there is a conspiracy or not has no bearing on this issue! It is in all our interests to stop pollution period ! ! !

Hey there Mick! :yo:

I'm with you 100% that the object of our attention should be on "tending this garden" that God has given us. Death to pollution! That's why it is so wrong to have the climate debate politicized. Folks on the Left have co-opted the Green movement as a vehicle to cram their political objectives down the throat of the planet. Yes, it's that big, as we know from the 192 countries they tried to force into lock-step in Copenhagen. And in as much as there is a real problem threatening humanity, the Leftist have shown their true colors - the planet be damned! They want their political and economic power. That's their agenda.

Remember, truth is the first casualty of war.

Although Richard,
Why for the life of me anyone especially in the North Western States should show any vested interest in confusing the public about a policy that could avert any more OIL spills like the Exon Valdez' destruction of Port William Sound, is beyond me.

What are you talking about? I have no "vested interest in confusing the public" about anything. And I am totally pro-environment.

Sometimes I feel you get on the attack purely out of Forum addiction/poisoning and maybe should avoid certain truths which could leave such a negative impact in your own backyard.

Broad comments empty of content are no help. The climate debate is just one of my interests. Why do folks like you feel you can diagnose others? Perhaps you are really diagnosing your own Forum addiction? :winking0071:

(Regardless I enjoy your balancing views be them for or against, it sparks a good debate. I can imagine you could argue for either side and be equally as convincing.

No doubt you would have succeeded well if you pursued Law!)

That's funny. Many years ago while in college my brother-in-law realized he could argue both sides of an argument and convince himself with equal weight for either side. He found this very confusing because he didn't know what to believe! I told him that he had "maxed out" logic, and must, therefore, look for answers elsewhere.

I'm glad you understand that I am seeking a balanced understanding, not political partisanship. I am not Right or Left - both sides have great evils, but it's also true that both sides are necessary for a balance in our politics. Unfortunately, the dialog has been replaced with shouts and brute force.

Many blessings to you my friend,

Richard