PDA

View Full Version : Light and Darkness

Rose
02-01-2010, 11:17 AM
John 1 is Genesis 1’s reflection:

The description of the beginning of light in Genesis 1:4-5 mirrors the description of it in John 1:4-5. Both speak of God giving light and that light being divided from the darkness.

Gen.1:1-4 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: (God gave Light [Holy Spirit] to the world)

Gen.1:4-5 and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day (Jesus is called the Day Star), and the darkness he called Night (absence of light). And the evening and the morning were the first day.

John 1:4-5 In him was life (zoe);and the life (zoe)was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:6-9 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all menthrough him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (God gave Light [Holy Spirit] to the world)

John 5:26 For as the Father has life in himself; so has he given to the Son to have life in himself;
God > Life > Jesus.... Life = Holy Spirit

God’s Life = Holy Spirit.... Light of Jesus = Holy Spirit.... Light of men = Holy Spirit

John 3:19-21 And this is the judgment, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Rose

Brother Les
04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Genesis is one (Covenant) Creation.

John is another (Covenant) Creation.

Gil
05-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Howdy Rose,
Your right on Light being Life.
It is the light of the world.
Life entered the water first and from there to the Land/earth,
and through the dust of the earth into man.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Life.

Les,
I don't follow you at all on this one.
How do you associate covenant creation with John or Genesis?

Gil

Brother Les
05-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Les,
I don't follow you at all on this one.
How do you associate covenant creation with John or Genesis?

Gil YLT
Genesis 1
1In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --

2the earth (Man/Adam) hath existed waste and void, and darkness on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,

3and God saith, `Let light be;' and light is.

4And God seeth the light that [it is] good, and God separateth between the light and the darkness,

5and God calleth to the light `Day,' and to the darkness He hath called `Night;' and there is an evening, and there is a morning -- day one.

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

2this one was in the beginning with God;

3all things through him did happen, and without him happened not even one thing that hath happened.

4In him was life, and the life was the light of men,

5and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it.

God/YHWH/Jesus is forming a covenant relationship with [I]'man'. Genesis 1 is the first Adam and John 1, in the Second Adam

Gil
05-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Howdy Les,

Thanks for the answers.

We see things from at least a similar point of view.
It was in my trying to understand the patterns (images) that
Paul was trying to convey in his theology that I tried to find a
new base from which to work from.
I began over, and went back to Genesis 1:1.

I see the Bible as written for Man.
I see only two major players within scripture . GOD the creator
and his Spirit and Man.
All other players are in reference to GOD and his Spirit God or to Man spirit
and his false God's.

The relationships were all within the context of a man and woman in
the covenant of marriage.

I see only two covenants. That of Law or that of Grace.
Law is based on man who is of the dust of the Earth and Grace
is based on GOD through his Spirit which is the giver of life.

I Think creation should be looked at from a new point of view.
Creation as from the Logo's was an A-prior concept which begins from
nothing but thought as the Word implies. Torah means the same thing.

The usage of Bara suggests the making or forming out of existing material or
matter or substance/essence.
Bara'ing ended at the end of the sixth day when God rested.

The original creation of matter was in Gen.1:1 when GOD created the Heaven and Earth. The heaven being the cosmos (universe).
Then attention shifts from the cosmos to this Earth which was a part of the cosmos.

A new creation would begin with Man (ADAM)
When Paul speaks of the old creation he is refering to that of Man.
The new creation was also pointed at Man ,but it would be the New Man

You are correct in refering to man as the Earth. Also his own mind is a heaven.

I must disagree however that the word in John was making direct reference to Jesus who would become the Christ.

The Word is the Logo's of GOD. Word or Logo's denotes an expession of thought . As in making manifest something into reality.

When GOD spoke the Word, his own Spirit ( of life ) which was within that which he had created ,acted upon that Word to bring about the fulfillment of
the manifestation.

The Spirit of the Father, the Spirit of Life was within Jesus. The Word of God was whom Jesus had relationship. Jesus spoke that word and acted upon it in all his deeds and actions.

I think the Holy Spirit, the giver of Life is the WORD
The rheema and the word of Man are different.

When it says ,let "US" make man in "OUR Image and Likeness,
Jesus who would become the Christ was one of the Images.
An Image is spiritual as is thought itself. Jesus was in the beginning but not
de-facto only as the Word (Logo's Image) of the new man to be.

Clear as Mud,Huh?
It is not an easy thing to do, presenting thoughts into understandable words.
Not for me anyway.

YHWH was Jehovah. God ,the Spirit of Life is EL from the beginning not Jehovah.

Thats about it Les,

Gil

terraricca
05-12-2010, 07:06 PM
YLT
Genesis 1
1In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth --

2the earth (Man/Adam) hath existed waste and void, and darkness on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,

3and God saith, `Let light be;' and light is.

4And God seeth the light that [it is] good, and God separateth between the light and the darkness,

5and God calleth to the light `Day,' and to the darkness He hath called `Night;' and there is an evening, and there is a morning -- day one.

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;

2this one was in the beginning with God;

3all things through him did happen, and without him happened not even one thing that hath happened.

4In him was life, and the life was the light of men,

5and the light in the darkness did shine, and the darkness did not perceive it.

God/YHWH/Jesus is forming a covenant relationship with [I]'man'. Genesis 1 is the first Adam and John 1, in the Second Adam

hi les

on your last sentence this is latin to me could you make it english,i can not make the connection to what you try to say

regards

Pierre