PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson: Haiti made "pact with the devil"

Richard Amiel McGough
01-14-2010, 09:44 AM
The abominable perversity of Pat Robertson's "understanding" of the Haitian earthquake is all over the net. Here is a report from the LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-fg-haiti-robertson14-2010jan14,0,5771917.story):

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," Robertson said on his Christian Broadcasting Network show. "They were under the heel of the French . . . and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.'"True story. And the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal,' "Robertson said. "Ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after another."
I'm currently speechless. I'll comment after I process the implications of his twisted view of the relation between God, the Christian Faith, and human suffering.

Richard

EndtimesDeut32/70AD
01-18-2010, 04:20 AM
http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=440250

basilfo
01-18-2010, 07:05 PM
It would be hard to concoct a more effective way to turn people away from Christ than what this nut said. And in the absence of any TV evangelists who have a strong understanding of Scripture, Robertson and Benny Hinn and Joel Osteen, and Jack Van Impe and all the others are seen as spokesmen for Christianity. It's terrible.

And why is it that ALL of them have weird hair and bizarre female sidekicks? Is that a prerequisite to get into this cult?

HaShaliach
01-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Going past the crazy statement.

Is it a fact of history? Was there actully a "pact." It seems to me that truth had ought to be the starting point.
Just because beloved Pat said there was a pact, does not make me a believer.
I never liked history much....barely got by in college. Where did he get the "pact" thing.

Codger
02-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, what he is saying may be true for all I know. When you look at the misery and poverty of this country it is definately in Satan's hands.

God sometimes tells us things for our own understanding or as an understanding of what to pray for. These things he tells us are confidential and are sometimes not even for general release to the Church and in this case never to the unsaved general public. To me it is probably a bad judgment call as it is extremely offensive when it comes through our hateful media which exacerbates the problem even more.

Larry

Mad Mick
02-23-2010, 03:40 AM
First for the Jew then for the Gentile.

If they want to play voodoo and dance with Satan and chop off chicken heads or as they do in Africa blame the children, say they're possessed then kill them! What should anyone expect. No God is slow to anger yet warns people sternly that the curse of rebellion will pass on to your children up to the 3rd and 4th generation.

No one wants to take this responsibility on their heads, people generally just pass the buck. So what's the reward for this rebelliousness? Well first off, your boys will grow up to be lovers of men and the entire nation will spiral into annihilation. We see it time and again, yet people still think they'll get off scott free.

The problem is as many of us as there are who cast Demons down to Hell there's about 2 to 3 more unsuspecting kids playing with ouija boards and playfully casting spells conjuring that scum of creation straight back up again. It's like Jacob's ladder only in reverse!

Don't get me wrong I gave to the Haitian Relief Fund and yes via those apostates you have the Gall to put down like James and Betty Robson.
But strange that there's no Basilfo relief out there for me to give to, no I wont degrade myself by answering a fool to his folly yet only remind you when Peter asked Jesus about John, he told him straight out mind your own business and don't be concerned about him.

Pay extra attention to what YOU have done. Go on TV by all means and try and do what they do and tell me those Demons don't come attacking you cause your doing something that really does make a difference.

If your bitter with life, please don't bring it out here in the form of G'man poison (Blah Blah, thread) and bag everyone, give us a revelation Baz! I'm sure everyone would prefer to hear that, or tell us something positive about the mission trip your church took all the way to your backyard to feed those unwelcome homeless I hear about. What was it? a 1,000,000 homes repossessed in the States last year. I don't know about the rest of you guys but if this is a picture of the golden millennium many of you believe we're in, I'd sure hate to see Hell!
Triple Blessings to all!
Mick

PS: Now I'm not totally speaking in defense of all televangelists but realize that God does use people with BAD hair, comb overs, ridiculous suits, weird wives and shocking singing for one reason (apart from the fact that he loves them) and that is to turn the PROUD people away!

SERIOUSLY Guys, think about it. Is there some element of truth in this last statement?

Screaming Eagle
02-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I have no doubt that God had His hand directly on the earthquake. Nothing happens by mistake and He is absolutely Sovereign by His own rules and by His Spirit. There are no 'natural' occurrences that happen by 'mistake'. None.

And there is some documentation that what Robertson said about the agreement with evil historically. It's been reported in more than one place although that doesn't necessarily mean they're totally accurate.

It IS interesting that (from what I gather) every ruler in Haiti has been involved with voodoo since their 'liberation' from French domination (which was not a pretty thing in and of itself). It's interesting too, that only the Haiti side of that island has suffered repeatedly. The Dominican Republic prospers while on the same rock (at least in relation to Haiti). Does somebody have an explanation for that?

CWH
02-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I have no doubt that God had His hand directly on the earthquake. Nothing happens by mistake and He is absolutely Sovereign by His own rules and by His Spirit. There are no 'natural' occurrences that happen by 'mistake'. None.

Well, it may seems like God had His hand directly on the earthquake but it may not necessary be so. Were the Haitians that died worst sinners than others? May not be so, those who did not repent of their sins are the worst sinners, see Luke 13:

1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Many Blessings

Richard Amiel McGough
02-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Well, it may seems like God had His hand directly on the earthquake but it may not necessary be so. Were the Haitians that died worst sinners than others? May not be so, those who did not repent of their sins are the worst sinners, see Luke 13:

1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Many Blessings
Excellent point Cheow! :thumb:

It's one thing to understand that God is "in control" of all things, but it is quite another to say that he has chosen to "control all things." Does God "control" the rapist when he does his dastardly deed? No. But folks feel that the Doctrine of God's Sovereignty demands that they assert that God specifically "allowed" the rapist to abuse that specific little girl for his own "mysterious purpose." I don't see God's Sovereignty this way. It is a logic trap based on axioms that do not correspond to Reality.

Richard

Richard Amiel McGough
02-23-2010, 11:11 AM

No doubt? What justifies that idea? Have you considered other possibilities? For example, God established this universe upon laws that do not require any divine intervention. Like gears of a great clock the universe "rolls on" the course that God designed into it. This does not mean that God could not intervene if he so chose. That's a given. But it does mean that it would be an error to put every natural event on his plate as a "direct act of God" with a corresponding divine intent of judgment or blessing.

And there is some documentation that what Robertson said about the agreement with evil historically. It's been reported in more than one place although that doesn't necessarily mean they're totally accurate.

Did you know that something like 95% of the Hatian's profess Christ? Should we really believe that all those devout Christians and little children were being judged via an opaque natural disaster because a few individuals had done something evil two hundred years in the past? Is that how God works? Imagine if I acted that way! Imagine that I deliberately and willfully trapped my grandchild under a pile of rubble and watched him slowly die in agony because of his father's sin? Not only is that a perverse concept, it also directly contradicts Scripture:

Ezekiel 18:20 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
The theory that the Hatian earthquake was punishment for the sins of some generation long dead directly contradicts the Holy Bible.

It IS interesting that (from what I gather) every ruler in Haiti has been involved with voodoo since their 'liberation' from French domination (which was not a pretty thing in and of itself). It's interesting too, that only the Haiti side of that island has suffered repeatedly. The Dominican Republic prospers while on the same rock (at least in relation to Haiti). Does somebody have an explanation for that?
I don't have an explanation because I have not researched it, but if I were to hazard a guess, I would say that they have different political systems. That is the source of almost all human suffering in the modern world.

Great chatting!

Richard

Screaming Eagle
02-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Richard,
I'm not sure where you got that number 95%. I did not know that.

From what I understand, most of them are 'Catholic' but it's a form of RCC that's mixed with lots of occult beliefs and activities. I could well be wrong about that and I'm sure there were devout Christians that (seem to have) perished in the quakes.
Ultimately, wouldn't the responsibility be on the church? How much time have we honestly spent praying for Haiti? or homosexuals? or the lost period?

Richard Amiel McGough
02-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Richard,
I'm not sure where you got that number 95%. I did not know that.

From what I understand, most of them are 'Catholic' but it's a form of RCC that's mixed with lots of occult beliefs and activities. I could well be wrong about that and I'm sure there were devout Christians that (seem to have) perished in the quakes.
Ultimately, wouldn't the responsibility be on the church? How much time have we honestly spent praying for Haiti? or homosexuals? or the lost period?
I picked up that number from some article I read when the earthquake was in the news. I just checked wikipedia and they say this:

Haiti is a largely Christian country, with Roman Catholicism professed by 80% of Haitians. Protestants make up about 16% of the population. Haitian Vodou, a New World Afro-diasporic faith unique to the country, is practiced by up to two-thirds of the population. Religious practice often spans Haiti and its diaspora as those who have migrated interact through religion with family in Haiti.
So if you add up the numbers, you get 96% professing Christians, and 66% are involved in vodoo to some extent. What that means would have to be explored more. What aspects of "vodoo" are cultural, and which are occult? But in any case, I don't see how this could be a cause for judgment from God since he allows a billion Muslims to run around without wiping them out with earthquakes or other natural disasters. And he lets Hindus and Mormons do their thing. And if we use the "God blesses those of whom He approves" then we are confronted with all the cults who say their success is proof that God approves of them. And the suffering of genuine Christians? Obviously not a judgment from God. So I think it best that we leave the mystery of calamitous events in this world unanswered.

As for prayers - I think that is very important, but it would be very strange if God destroyed all those lives to "make a point" about us not praying enough.

basilfo
02-27-2010, 06:18 AM
First for the Jew then for the Gentile.

If they want to play voodoo and dance with Satan and chop off chicken heads or as they do in Africa blame the children, say they're possessed then kill them!

Ahh, Christian love.

What should anyone expect. No God is slow to anger yet warns people sternly that the curse of rebellion will pass on to your children up to the 3rd and 4th generation.

Richard beat me to Ezekiel 18:20. I didn't see that verse in your post MM.

Well first off, your boys will grow up to be lovers of men and the entire nation will spiral into annihilation.

Is this a prophesy?? Watching too much Left Behind TV there MM. Ever notice that the TV evangelist fans rank homosexuality way, way up there on the sin list. That sin will always be commented on as worthy of extreme, immediate wrath from God.

And they show their ignorance of history by exagerating America's moral decay "since the good old days when I was young". Must be that automatic, unstoppable "last days" when the helpless Church is overrun by the bad guys. Good thing we're getting outta here "soon"! "Nothing we can do about it, right, Roxella." The homosexuality and it's acceptance in ancient societies - until Christianity and His Kingdom began growing "into a mountain that fills the whole earth" makes America today look like a Girl Scout picnic.

I never hear them eager for God's wrath to come upon the butchers in Africa taking machetees to women and children because they beleive in the other religion.

But strange that there's no Basilfo relief out there for me to give to, no I wont degrade myself by answering a fool to his folly yet only remind you when Peter asked Jesus about John, he told him straight out mind your own business and don't be concerned about him.

That's impressive! You managed to infer that I am not charitable (are you intercepting my tax returns??), be hypocritical (there's no Mad Mick relief for me to give to either), contradict yourself (you DID "degrade yourself by answering me - "the fool"), stoop to namecalling, AND misinterpret Scripture (Jesus' answer to Peter's question has nothing to do with this thread) - ALL in one sentence.

Pay extra attention to what YOU have done. Go on TV by all means and try and do what they do and tell me those Demons don't come attacking you cause your doing something that really does make a difference.

Yes sir. But wait, if "those Demons come attacking" the Left Behinders on TV, how do you know that's not judgment from God judging false teachers?? It would be great if you could further explain what you mean by "Demons attacking". I can't wait for that.

If your bitter with life, please don't bring it out here in the form of G'man poison (Blah Blah, thread) and bag everyone, give us a revelation Baz!

Huh?

.... or tell us something positive about the mission trip your church took all the way to your backyard to feed those unwelcome homeless I hear about. What was it? a 1,000,000 homes repossessed in the States last year.

Oh, Mad guy. there you go again. A double swipe. Implying I don't love my neighbor, AND ripping on America - the country foreigners love to hate.

I don't know about the rest of you guys but if this is a picture of the golden millennium many of you believe we're in, I'd sure hate to see Hell!

Yeah, that "golden millenium" we believe in....isn't it great?! You might want to read some posts here to learn what "many of us believe in". Gotta run, Jack Van Impe Show is about to start and tonight is a special show. He is going to show us something in the news that is clear evidence of the end of the world.

Mad Mick
03-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Ok Baz,
if you look at the following in that "clause" Ezekiel 18:20 (since you now want to be legalistic and cherry pick, not to interpret this statement as symbolic speech) you'll find later that Ezekiel quotes 18:24 if a righteous man sins, will he live? What when that sin is passed to the next generation, Yes Generational Curse. I know it well. But in foolish haste you jumped on the bandwagon with Richard's obvious mistake without going back to the Law quoted to Moses.
Just "can it" alright, ie. Bury this attitude! It stinks.
Now your and Richard's reaction to offbeat Evangelists was uncalled for, simply for the fact that as Satan couldn't harm Job without God's approval, neither could a hair on anyones head be harmed in Haiti or my family for that matter without his approval.

Claiming that an act of nature is outside God's doing "I believe is contradictory to scripture."
An absolutely stupid statement in it's own right!
Does God control or doesn't he?!!
This pick and pack any scripture you want doesn't wash with me, then to be judging GOD on whether he would let this or that happen is NOT SHORT OF CONTEMPT!
It is unbefitting a fine body of work as the Bible Wheel and these statements should be retracted from both of you.
Did not children die at Sodom and Gomorah. Were not children slain in WW2, were not children sacrificed to the DEMON GODS of the Aztecs, Caananites, Incas and the rest?

Get this, when the children die because of the sins of the fathers, the children are not responsible therefore,
they are spared from the pits of Hell.
God made it clear to Moses and the Israelites as a deterrent and out of love to remind them that their sin and curse of such sin shall pass on to the children. When God put that Law into action, His Holy Spirit carries it out like clockwork. No mistake, the Law is in motion,

The Scales MUST be Balanced.
This is the LAW!
This is what attracts us to this site.
We are intelligent people who deserve to be treated with more respect,
our beliefs must come second to the Truth, as usual they should be kept at not only a distance but generally kept to ourselves.

Now I apologize for my taking the bait, which went from a callous (yet true) remark by an Evangelistic Fool, Then countered by Richard another foolish remark, Reiterated by you, truly Foolish, then countered by ME in self-righteousness, an EVEN GREATER FOOL! Why do I consider myself as most foolish(?) because I should know better!

Yes as an idiot I replied and I wish to lead out of this Hatfield/McCoy ludicrous debate for it's unworthy to be associated with Jesus in any way.

So once again Basilfo sorry mate! I'm still learning. Yet I hope you and Richard both recognize your own mistakes as well.

When I see someone getting Bagged I hate it too, whether they've earnt it or not. I'm not one to flog a dead horse or kick a man when he's down, yet we all have to come to that numb understanding that a balance to individual or corporate sin has to take place some time in the future (Paul quotes, First for the Jew then for the Gentile. If WW2 is part of this great new age you believe Jesus is Now in charge of, I should expect him to treat us Gentiles with a nice toasty holiday in a Polish Oven, Oh man I cant Wait!). God's choice of the timing opens the door for Atheists like Richard Dawkins to conclude that everything happens by chance.

When we lower ourselves to believe such a hypothetical lie we end up batting for Satan. That's my main point.

I know there is a consequence for every sin I've committed and it would be totally illogical for me to think that Gods Great Spirit isn't going to balance this equation and bring it all back to me.

Being washed by the blood does nothing to annul us of the counter effect of sin in progress, I can be forgiven and enter heaven and the rewards of this life be them Good are multiplied in heaven, be them Bad are subtracted. It's my hope that the buck stops with me and that I deal with Generational sin and not pass it on to my children. God is clear about this in Genesis and the rest of the writings of Moses. You die by the Law YOU Live. Just cause Haitians, Yanks, Aussies or Homo's claim to be Christian doesn't mean they're sin free or the effect of past sins automatically disappear when your washed by the blood of Christ.

No my friend. We will all get whats coming to us.

God only lets us think otherwise to allow FAITH to develop within those who finally choose righteousness, (not self-righteousness, which You, Richard and I were guilty of) so that there too is reward for those "Who believed without seeing."

I hope you now get my point. I didn't like it when you put all Tele-Evangelists in the same group and bagged the lot. Cause I've met a few and I know of others who are more legit than you or I. Now I CAN include you in this until you do disclose who you are and forward what you have done for the kingdom. You could secretly be Jesus for all I know, but as a faceless web user you have no credibility. I would have to be a fool to take any advise therefore from such a person, unless you spoke a logic I can understand and agree with.

So once again don't take it personal, But I would just appreciate it if everyone from the top to the bottom can stop talking about other beliefs, religions and preachers unless they're quoting something useful to this line of study. I'm here to learn and want to contribute something good to this forum so I'm both spewin that I took Satan's bait, but hope some positive change in character may affect the three of us from this discussion.

Seriously Richard, you need to open a sole category at the Bottom of this Forum entitled, "BITCH SESSION" for all the negative comments we wish to make, therefore anytime you, I, or anyone swears, puts down another or speaks condescendingly in any way, as a punishment for such a remark the post should be automatically denigrated to this SCUM section and highlighted as what is no longer acceptable!
Mick

NumberX
04-07-2010, 11:17 AM
I read somewhere that the US has and used an earth-quake machine. Yes really, it shocks. But now the US can without limit transport militair (help) equipment to over there. Why? To come closer to Venezuela ('s oil). And our Dutch colony islands are in between. And the Dutch media just spread the rumour (on April 1) that Chavez wants to pick them in.. Who knows what happens next..

seasunned
10-15-2010, 02:17 AM
That "thump. Thump. Thump isn't from all the Bible thumpers. No, contrary to Christian postings above, it's just the crotchity believers in Pat Robertson. Now, how can you believe the words of a man (human) who says all the Hatians should essentially suffer because of some pact made with the Devil? Was he present? Did he hear this? Believe it or not, the majority of the kids in Haiti wear a blue and white uniform and attend Catholic schools. And, yes, Catholics ARE Christians,
The 8.0 quake had NO forewarning. This is extremely unusual.
Pull yo heads otta da KJV Bible. Read about HAARP.
Den read 'bout King James.....I mean Queen James.
Then recall that Jesus said, "Love one another

CWH
10-15-2010, 05:52 AM
That "thump. Thump. Thump isn't from all the Bible thumpers. No, contrary to Christian postings above, it's just the crotchity believers in Pat Robertson. Now, how can you believe the words of a man (human) who says all the Hatians should essentially suffer because of some pact made with the Devil? Was he present? Did he hear this? Believe it or not, the majority of the kids in Haiti wear a blue and white uniform and attend Catholic schools. And, yes, Catholics ARE Christians,

Hi seasunned,

I fully agree with you....Christians should show more compassion rather than say that the Haitians suffered because of their sins and some pact with the Devil. Shall we say the same thing with New Orleans during Kartrina in 2005 or New York in 2001 during the WTC attacks..... Do they also have pact with the Devil? I have yet to see or hear much compassionate words from the preterists here. Were the Haitians that died in the earthquake worst sinners than others? May not be so, those who did not repent of their sins are the worst sinners, see Luke 13:

BTW, Welcome to Bible Wheel forum, :welcome::yo:hope you will continue to have fellowship with us here. There is a wealth of information here which you can share and you can talk practically anything under the sun.:sunny:

Many Blessings.

Panman
10-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Pat Roberston is Not a Christian.

Pat Robertson is the founder CBN, the Christian Broadcasting Network. He is described on the CBN website as a broadcaster, statesman, author, humanitarian, businessman and Christian. At first glance, Robertson may seem to be a sensible, moderate Christian leader in a sea of con men, phonies, and outrageous apostasy. But scratch the surface a little and you’ll find one of the greatest deceivers in the church world today. CBN began in 1961 as a low power UHF station in Portsmouth Virginia. By 1963 Robertson had established the 700 Club. This was to be a “club” of 700 viewers each giving $10 per month thus enabling CBN to meet its $7,000 budget. This partnership concept worked so well at raising money that Robertson made the 700 Club the cornerstone of his TV ministry. We’ll get back to CBN in just a moment but first let’s look at some of the heretical associations Robertson has endorsed over the years. Robertson is a big proponent of ecumenism, meaning cooperation between all religions. The ultimate goal of ecumenism is the establishment of a one world religion. To this end Robertson was one of the signers of the notorious Evangelicals and Catholics Together document. This heretical document laid the groundwork for Christians and Catholics to unite to bring about social reform in the world In defense of his association with this apostate group, Robertson stated that minor points of doctrinal difference shouldn't obscure the document's goals. If Pat Robertson considers the differences between Catholic doctrine and true biblical Christianity to be “minor” then he is clearly either deceived or a deceiver himself. Pat Robertson has endorsed the heretic Benny Hinn. Hinn was a guest on the 700 Club after CNNs expose of him. Robertson gave Hinn a forum for his fake apology. Robertson has endorsed the so called laughing revival brought to the U.S. by Rodney Howard Browne. On October 27, 1994 Robertson said this about holy laughter: “...what this says to me is revival is taking place in the world in a mass wave...and we look to the coming of the Lord.
http://www.forgottenword.org/patrobertson.html

People like Roberstons and 100s like him are willing Patsies intentionally set up to smear Christianity - I am almost mathematically certain that he sits down for a pint with Richard Dawkins and other members of the News Media of an evening in one of their secret hand shake clubs.

Panman
10-27-2010, 01:24 AM

Then recall that Jesus up turned all the tables and drove the money changers out of the temple (IE FALSE PROPHETS MAKING MONEY OUT OF RELIGION AND GOD's HOUSE) with a knotted rope like a man possesed. YOU WAKE UP!

Pat Roberston is not a Christian, just because the media sets up these freaks to look like they are - wake up DONT YOU KNOW WHO RUNS THE MEDIA??? YET???

Another fob fresh of the boat from a David Icke website who thinks he's awakened, ready to put the boot into Christians and the word of God at any opportunity, Ive just blown chunks all over my computer screen. Yeah Welcome to the funny farm where anything goes. And it's true if you say it is - but especially true if it resonates with you deep down in the sphincter region.

PS Catholics aren't Christians they're peadophiles! - There's a taste of your own medicine for you. How does it taste???? Actualy dont bother waking up, go back to sleep!

Panman
10-27-2010, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=basilfo;18966]Ahh, Christian love.

Do you know that God hates sin and sinners with a prefect hatred? Do you also know that Gods wrath and just punishment to all who refuse to repent is also love?

Probably not. Ahhhhhh thought so! :lol:

God takes no pleasure in condeming the unrepentant, but he will still laughs at their calamity. :yo:

Rose
10-27-2010, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE]

Do you know that God hates sin and sinners with a prefect hatred? Do you also know that Gods wrath and just punishment to all who refuse to repent is also love?

Probably not. Ahhhhhh thought so! :lol:

God takes no pleasure in condeming the unrepentant, but he will still laughs at their calamity. :yo:You make God sound perverse! Like the suffering of mankind is His entertainment...:eek:

Rose

Rose
10-27-2010, 02:56 PM
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.' – Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion It's sad to say that Dawkins is pretty accurate in his description of how God is portrayed in the Old Testatment....that's scary :eek:

Rose

Panman
10-28-2010, 12:32 AM
It's sad to say that Dawkins is pretty accurate in his description of how God is portrayed in the Old Testatment....that's scary :eek:

Rose

...brushes the dust from his feet.... :sFi_machinegunnest:

Trust the jealous, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; misogynist, homophobe, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent Lord with all your heart. proverbs 3:5 revised :alien011:

(This modern translation of proverbs 3:5 was gleaned from the ancient, arguably, early 60 AD Vulgar Latin translation, or the lost Ganges River scrolls of India translation; recently discovered in a Mumbai McDonalds lavatory) - wiki pedia isn't quite clear on the most likely source at this stage but it's safe to assume it most probably could have come from the most unlikely of the two which is in essence one or the other - I invite you to imagine a round room full of shovels and I urge you to go to a corner and take your pick.

May Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Vishnu, Brahma, Gandhi, Sai Bah Ba , Bah Ula, Matreya, the Cookie Monstor and Justin Beeber bless you, the more help the better I say. :peep:

Rose
10-28-2010, 07:24 AM
...brushes the dust from his feet.... :sFi_machinegunnest:

Trust the jealous, petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; misogynist, homophobe, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent Lord with all your heart. proverbs 3:5 revised :alien011:

(This modern translation of proverbs 3:5 was gleaned from the ancient, arguably, early 60 AD Vulgar Latin translation, or the lost Ganges River scrolls of India translation; recently discovered in a Mumbai McDonalds lavatory) - wiki pedia isn't quite clear on the most likely source at this stage but it's safe to assume it most probably could have come from the most unlikely of the two which is in essence one or the other - I invite you to imagine a round room full of shovels and I urge you to go to a corner and take your pick.

May Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Vishnu, Brahma, Gandhi, Sai Bah Ba , Bah Ula, Matreya, the Cookie Monstor and Justin Beeber bless you, the more help the better I say. :peep:
Hey man, truth is truth! Just because I acknowledge the way God is portrayed in the Old Testament, doesn't mean I want to go running off after some other religion.....that would be just plain crazy :egad:

Rose

basilfo
10-31-2010, 07:31 AM
I'm glad you agree with me that Robertson is a fool. He's another false teacher giving true Christianity a bad name.

[QUOTE]....the differences between Catholic doctrine and true biblical Christianity....

Pretty loaded statement. Can you give us one of these 'differences', so we can check it out? A good place to start would be for you to define "true biblical Christianity" and the date that it began.