PDA

View Full Version : WYSIWYG!

Richard Amiel McGough
07-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey folks,

It has come to my attention that many (if not all) of you have been struggling with the message editor because the default mode is the Standard mode, which shows you those ugly tags like blah blah. That is a very tedious way to write your posts.

When you compose your posts, you should see the effect that you chose, not the code. For example, instead of seeing the bold tags blah blah you should just see blah blah in bold. If that's not what you see, you need to go to User CP (User Control Panel) and click on Edit Options on the left menu bar. Then scroll down to the bottom box which is called "Miscellaneous Options" and select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing, and click Save Changes.

Then your life will be much simpler, let me assure you!

RAM

PS: If you have any questions about how to use the forum software, please ask your questions here! If you have a question, you can be certain that others do too.

Stephen
08-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Hi Richard!

Thanks for that tip. Life seems to be simpler now without those problem bracket things popping up whenever I want to type something in this manner. :thumb:

Stephen

Richard Amiel McGough
08-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Hi Richard!

Thanks for that tip. Life seems to be simpler now without those problem bracket things popping up whenever I want to type something in this manner. :thumb:

Stephen
I just knew you would like it! I'm so glad to help.

Did you know that you can change to bold, italic, or underlined by highlighting the words and hitting ctl-b, ctl-i, and ctl-u? That speeds things up too.

RAM

Abigail
08-01-2007, 09:02 AM
seeing signature :confused2:

Richard Amiel McGough
08-01-2007, 09:16 AM
seeing signature :confused2:
Hi Abigail,

My "signature" is the text you see at the bottom of my post that has Isaiah 1:18. If you want to add some text like that to the bottom of your posts, just go to the User Control Panel (User CP). The link is on the left of the top menu bar of every page. Then click on "Edit Signature" on the top of the left menu bar, and you can add whatever text you like.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Richard

shalag
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
No more [/]!!!!! :typing: NOW you tell us - - after tedious HOURS of posting!!!!!

Richard Amiel McGough
08-01-2007, 11:07 AM
No more [/]!!!!! :typing: NOW you tell us - - after tedious HOURS of posting!!!!!

You have no idea how bad I felt when I discovered this - especially for you, Ms. Color and font Lady!

I hope you used that time to [meditiate]on the Lord[/mediate] amongst all your [square]brackets[/arrg!].

The only reason I found out about this was because my wife was tediously posting lots of little [tags]here and [/there] and I said "why don't you just" and she said "just WHAT!" and I said let me check your settings, and then I said "that's weird - wonder why your default is different than mine?"

You see, for some mysterious reason, the administrator's default was the wysiwyg, but the users was not.

Harumph :mad: ... I hope this doesn't spark the revolution!

RAM

White
08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Richard -
You are a first class comic! We LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you!
White

shalag
08-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I hope you used that time to [meditiate]on the Lord[/mediate] amongst all your [square]brackets[/arrg!]. RAM

I prayed a lot that I could find my place again after continually previewing it to see where I really was - Bleary eyed from [i] here it is [b][i] where am I[][][][][] [?] [ Then I took a few hours off to recover from eye fatigue and did a lot of blinking. During this time of 'meditation' I wondered why Richard - the :ranger: 'computer wiz' :ranger: would choose such an :smash: awkward program for this kind of forum!:mmph: But then figured God was either teaching me patience or that he was going to use me to show His glory by recovering sight to the blind! But [B]NOW (I still need the miracle for the eyes after that tribulation) butI am all :D:D:D

Richard Amiel McGough
08-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I prayed a lot that I could find my place again after continually previewing it to see where I really was - Bleary eyed from [i] here it is [b][i] where am I[][][][][] [?] [ Then I took a few hours off to recover from eye fatigue and did a lot of blinking. During this time of 'meditation' I wondered why Richard - the :ranger: 'computer wiz' :ranger: would choose such an :smash: awkward program for this kind of forum!:mmph: But then figured God was either teaching me patience or that he was going to use me to show His glory by recovering sight to the blind! But [B]NOW (I still need the miracle for the eyes after that tribulation) butI am all :D:D:D
Believe me shalag ... I can feel you pain, almost as if that hammer were hitting my head instead of you computer!

Good thing we're only two months into this forum. Imagine how you would have felt if I hadn't noticed it till next year?

:peep:
Yowsers!

PS: Nice signature!