PDA

View Full Version : Matt.16 -- Spoke 16 (Zechariah) link

Rose
12-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Matt. 16 and Zechariah on Spoke 16 form a unique connection with rock/stone and Jesus/Joshua and keys that open.

The only time in Scripture that Jesus (Hebrew name Joshua) calls Peter the rock upon whom He will build His Church is in Matt. 16 correlating to Zechariah on the 16th Spoke where the stone is laid before Joshua (Jesus) to be engraved upon, or using its alternate interpretation which is the key that will open (mafteach patucha). This perfectly correlates with what Jesus is telling Peter in Matt.16....giving him (the Rock) the keys to the kingdom.
Matt.16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

Zech.(Spoke 16) 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof (mafteach patucha = the key that will open), saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Rose

Rose
12-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Matthew 16 has another interesting link to Spoke 16, and one of the books which resides on that Spoke: the Epistle of 1Peter.

The Disciple that this 16th chapter of Matthew focuses on is Simon Peter. In this chapter he is called by his full name Simon BarJonah, which is related to Jesus speaking of the sign of Jonah, and is called by his given name of Peter meaning rock upon whom the Church is built, and he is the one whom Jesus gives the keys to the kingdom. He is also the one who answers Jesus question of who He is: 'Christ the Son of the living God', and Peter is the one whom Jesus tells Satan to get behind.

As you can see Simon Peter is the Disciple who takes the center stage in this 16th chapter, making a strong connection to Spoke 16 and the Epistle bearing his name.

Rose

Victor
12-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Matt. 16 and Zechariah on Spoke 16 form a unique connection with rock/stone and Jesus/Joshua and keys that open.

The only time in Scripture that Jesus (Hebrew name Joshua) calls Peter the rock upon whom He will build His Church is in Matt. 16 correlating to Zechariah on the 16th Spoke where the stone is laid before Joshua (Jesus) to be engraved upon, or using its alternate interpretation which is the key that will open (mafteach patucha). This perfectly correlates with what Jesus is telling Peter in Matt.16....giving him (the Rock) the keys to the kingdom.
Matt.16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

Zech.(Spoke 16) 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof (mafteach patucha = the key that will open), saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

Rose

What a great finding! This is a new association. The theme of the "Stone" (http://www.biblewheel.com/wheel/spokes/Ayin_Stone.asp) had already been associated to Spoke 16, but now you notice another connection based on this theme, this time between the 16th Book of the Prophets and the 16th Chapter of Matthew.

The texts display three common elements:
Joshua/Jesus
The Stone/Peter
Engraving/KeyThe word for "I will engrave" in Zechariah 3:9 is written the same way as the word Key (Maphte'ach) in Isaiah 22:22 that Christ alludes to in Matthew 16. There is a Hebrew wordplay between distinct Bible passages based on the fundamental Hebrew root patach (to open, to loose, to engrave).

Just as God would engrave the Temple Stone in Zechariah, He entrusted Peter with the Keys of the Kingdom in Matthew 16.

Rose, as for your discovery of this linguistic link (mapte'ach patucha), have you ever seen anyone notice or document it before?

Cheers!
Victor

Rose
12-26-2009, 10:13 AM
What a great finding! This is a new association. The theme of the "Stone" (http://www.biblewheel.com/wheel/spokes/Ayin_Stone.asp) had already been associated to Spoke 16, but now you notice another connection based on this theme, this time between the 16th Book of the Prophets and the 16th Chapter of Matthew.

The texts display three common elements:
Joshua/Jesus
The Stone/Peter
Engraving/KeyThe word for "I will engrave" in Zechariah 3:9 is written the same way as the word Key (Maphte'ach) in Isaiah 22:22 that Christ alludes to in Matthew 16. There is a Hebrew wordplay between distinct Bible passages based on the fundamental Hebrew root patach (to open, to loose, to engrave).

Just as God would engrave the Temple Stone in Zechariah, He entrusted Peter with the Keys of the Kingdom in Matthew 16.

Rose, as for your discovery of this linguistic link (mapte'ach patucha), have you ever seen anyone notice or document it before?

Cheers!
Victor

Hi Victor,

As to your question about "mapte'ach patucha" being noticed before with the meaning of "the key will open": Richard is the only one as far as I know that has noticed this alternate meaning. These particular verses in Zechariah 3:9 and Isaiah 22:22 were very important in Richards initial discoveries that ultimately led to the Bible Wheel. In knowing that, my discovery of the connection between Matt.16 and Zechariah left me quiet stunned, because it was the "Key":D to my understanding what Peter's "Keys to the Kingdom", and the "Stone with Seven Eyes" really means.

If the stone that is laid before Joshua with the seven eyes which symbolizes the Holy Spirit, and Joshua's Key is what opens that stone which is symbolic of the Holy Spirit,......then the "Keys to the Kingdom" that Jesus gives to Peter "the stone" whose full name is Simon BarJonah "son of a Dove" are none other than the giving of the Holy Spirit. It was given to Peter to declared on Pentecost that this was the fulfillment of the prophecy by Joel, which stated that in these last days the Spirit of God would be poured out upon all flesh!

When the gift of the Holy Spirit is endued upon the receiver then powers to loosen and bind things on earth and in heaven is received, and the "gates of Hell" or the power of death no longer has a hold. Now I fully understand those words that Jesus spoke to Peter.

Rose

Rose
12-26-2009, 11:09 AM

How cool is that:specool:

Zechariah not only resides on the 16th Spoke, but he is the 16th prophet!

The more I dig into Matthew 16 the more amazed I become, it's like a condensed story of the giving of the Holy Spirit. Starting with the sign of Jonah "Dove" (symbolic of the Holy Spirit) which precedes the name Simon BarJonah (son of a Dove) occurring in the same context , then the declaration of Peter that Jesus is: "Christ the Son of the Living God" and that was not revealed to him by flesh and blood, but by the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) after which Jesus declares to Peter that he will be given the keys to the kingdom (Holy Spirit at Pentecost).....the chapter ends with the statement that some standing there with Jesus will not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom (fullness of the body of Christ as temples of the Holy Spirit = the New Jerusalem). All I can say is Wow! How powerful is that.

Rose

Victor
12-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Victor,

As to your question about "mapte'ach patucha" being noticed before with the meaning of "the key will open": Richard is the only one as far as I know that has noticed this alternate meaning. These particular verses in Zechariah 3:9 and Isaiah 22:22 were very important in Richards initial discoveries that ultimately led to the Bible Wheel. In knowing that, my discovery of the connection between Matt.16 and Zechariah left me quiet stunned, because it was the "Key":D to my understanding what Peter's "Keys to the Kingdom", and the "Stone with Seven Eyes" really means.

Thank you! These particular verses play an important part in the understanding of the Bible Wheel. BTW, I don't recall Richard ever connecting them by means of the common "maptea'ch" word. There's so much to say that it is hard to manage all that and comment everything.

If the stone that is laid before Joshua with the seven eyes which symbolizes the Holy Spirit, and Joshua's Key is what opens that stone which is symbolic of the Holy Spirit,......then the "Keys to the Kingdom" that Jesus gives to Peter "the stone" whose full name is Simon BarJonah "son of a Dove" are none other than the giving of the Holy Spirit. It was given to Peter to declared on Pentecost that this was the fulfillment of the prophecy by Joel, which stated that in these last days the Spirit of God would be poured out upon all flesh!

When the gift of the Holy Spirit is endued upon the receiver then powers to loosen and bind things on earth and in heaven is received, and the "gates of Hell" or the power of death no longer has a hold. Now I fully understand those words that Jesus spoke to Peter.

Rose

This is interesting, but I should reflect on it first. It seems that the premise for your reasoning is that the seven-eyed Stone is a symbol of the Holy Spirit, and that doesn't seem to be a primary meaning of the Stone image. I believe the Stone refers to the Temple in a primary sense, and then it naturally corresponds to Christ (the New Temple, cf. John 2:21) and His Church/Body, as well as the written Word of God. (1 Peter 2:8)

If the Spirit is associated with the Stone, I understand that it is likely represented in the "seven eyes" upon the Stone. (Rev 5:6)

The Keys given to Peter of course opened the way for the Holy Spirit to be poured in Pentecost and later on, as recorded in Acts.

Rose
12-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Thank you! These particular verses play an important part in the understanding of the Bible Wheel. BTW, I don't recall Richard ever connecting them by means of the common "maptea'ch" word. There's so much to say that it is hard to manage all that and comment everything.

This is interesting, but I should reflect on it first. It seems that the premise for your reasoning is that the seven-eyed Stone is a symbol of the Holy Spirit, and that doesn't seem to be a primary meaning of the Stone image. I believe the Stone refers to the Temple in a primary sense, and then it naturally corresponds to Christ (the New Temple, cf. John 2:21) and His Church/Body, as well as the written Word of God. (1 Peter 2:8)

If the Spirit is associated with the Stone, I understand that it is likely represented in the "seven eyes" upon the Stone. (Rev 5:6)

The Keys given to Peter of course opened the way for the Holy Spirit to be poured in Pentecost and later on, as recorded in Acts.

Hi Victor

Remember the verses in Zechariah 4?
Zech.4:10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet (haeben habadeel = the stone of distinction) in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
The "Plummet" in the hand of Zerubbabel in the Hebrew actually means "the Stone of Distinction", that is the stone with seven eyes laid before Joshua, and the seven eyes of God running to and fro throughout the whole earth, which is symbolic of the Holy Spirit!

You are exactly right in connecting Rev. 5:6 to the Holy Spirit. Rev.4:5 also makes a good connection.
Rev.4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightning’s and thundering and voices: and [there were] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev. 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throneand of the four creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rose

Rose
12-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Hi Victor,

I don't think Richard ever commented on that particular connection. It's something him and I have talked about because of some very interesting insights we've had in studying Zech. 3 and 4, and the significance of "Key" in his experience of discovering the Bible Wheel.

Rose

Victor
12-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi Victor,

I don't think Richard ever commented on that particular connection. It's something him and I have talked about because of some very interesting insights we've had in studying Zech. 3 and 4, and the significance of "Key" in his experience of discovering the Bible Wheel.

Rose

Zechariah 3-4 and Isaiah 22 were key passages that opened the way for the discovery of the Bible Wheel!

Rose
12-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Zechariah 3-4 and Isaiah 22 were key passages that opened the way for the discovery of the Bible Wheel!

Hi Victor

It's a very interesting story concerning a dream Richard had in 1990, with the problem 12x44 as a component of that dream, which in a round about way lead to 528 = key. Of course the dream is much more involved than that, so Richard will need to be the one to share it with you.

Rose

Rose
12-26-2009, 02:09 PM
It is no mere coincidence to me that the day God revealed to me the full meaning of the "keys to the kingdom" is the same day we celebrate God giving to man in the form of a baby in a manger 2000 years ago, the one who would give us "the Key" to eternal life. That day being Christmas when we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Praises be to God :pray:

Rose

Rose
12-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Victor

Remember the verses in Zechariah 4?
Zech.4:10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet (haeben habadeel = the stone of distinction) in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
The "Plummet" in the hand of Zerubbabel in the Hebrew actually means "the Stone of Distinction", that is the stone with seven eyes laid before Joshua, and the seven eyes of God running to and fro throughout the whole earth, which is symbolic of the Holy Spirit!

You are exactly right in connecting Rev. 5:6 to the Holy Spirit. Rev.4:5 also makes a good connection.
Rev.4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightning’s and thundering and voices: and [there were] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
Rev. 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throneand of the four creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rose

Matt.16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven..
To continue on with the Matt.16 Key/Holy Spirit connection I will now turn to Isaiah and Rev.3.
Isaiah 22:22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Rev.3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.….12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Gal. 2:9 And when James, Cephas (Peter), and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
This Key that is laid upon the shoulders of Jesus that allows that which He opens no man can shut is indeed the Holy Spirit that is given to believers. As this letter that is written to the church of Philadelphia tells us, the name that is written on the pillars in the temple of God (Believers[Peter was one of the first ones to be called a pillar]) is the name of God, and the name of New Jerusalem which we know to be the Seal of God which is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is then the name which every believer is sealed with allowing those who are sealed to walk in the power of God, and that power being the 'Keys of the Kingdom' that Peter (Simon BarJonah) was given at Pentecost, and thus given to all who receive that baptism.

Just think all of this began with my doing a simple study of Matt.16....:winking0071:

Rose

gilgal
01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
The name combination of Joshua the High priest and the two anointed ones, The stone with 7 eyes and the rock which refers to the confession of faith of Peter...

gilgal
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
How cool is that:specool:

Zechariah not only resides on the 16th Spoke, but he is the 16th prophet!

The more I dig into Matthew 16 the more amazed I become, it's like a condensed story of the giving of the Holy Spirit. Starting with the sign of Jonah "Dove" (symbolic of the Holy Spirit) which precedes the name Simon BarJonah (son of a Dove) occurring in the same context , then the declaration of Peter that Jesus is: "Christ the Son of the Living God" and that was not revealed to him by flesh and blood, but by the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) after which Jesus declares to Peter that he will be given the keys to the kingdom (Holy Spirit at Pentecost).....the chapter ends with the statement that some standing there with Jesus will not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom (fullness of the body of Christ as temples of the Holy Spirit = the New Jerusalem). All I can say is Wow! How powerful is that.

Rose

I wonder if Peter, James, and John represented the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. James died early in Acts 12. Peter was mentioned what type of suffering he would go through. But John, though he did die is not mentioned about his death in scripture (I mention this since the 3 were on the mount of transfiguration).