PDA

View Full Version : Student arrested for "desecrating Quran" in the USA!

Richard Amiel McGough
07-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Talk about the madness of a culture that denies God! People are free in this country to blaspheme Christ and desecrate the Bible day and night. But look what happens if you mistreat the Quran (read the full AP story here (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--vandalismquran0727jul27,0,6882662.story))

NEW YORK (AP) _ A 23-year-old man was arrested Friday on hate-crime charges after he threw a Quran in a toilet at Pace University on two separate occasions, police said.

Stanislav Shmulevich of Brooklyn was arrested on charges of criminal mischief and aggravated harassment, both hate crimes, police said. It was unclear if he was a student at the school. A message left at the Shmulevich home was not immediately returned.

I think the real problem is two fold:

Groups like the ACLU have been brainwashing Americans to think that "separation of church and state" applies only to Christianity. Witness their support of government funded foot washing stations for Muslims.
More significantly, people are TERRIFIED OF MUSLIMS because there are millions of Muslims who have been taught to murder anyone with whom they disagree. Witness what happened when the Danes drew some cartoons to "prove" they were not intimidated by their threats.RAM

yinonyavo
07-30-2007, 01:18 PM
YUP..........:mad:

Stephen
07-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Yep! You've pretty much gotta fight to maintain the ground your forefathers gave you in America. They'd be turning in their graves if they could see the state of affairs, with the Koran being respected above the Bible.

In New Zealand, our PM is an agnostic. She has caused a bit of a stir by questioning our Christian heritage. Recently there was a big stink when certain liberal factions attempted to remove the name of the Lord Jesus Christ from the prayer that opens Parliament. My country, too, is treading on dangerous ground.

Still, as Israelite nations we have it much better than others, thanks to our Lord. Look at the dirty Taliban in Afghanistan. They just murdered another Korean hostage last night. Then you've got the evil regime just up the road from me. North Korea is visible via a twenty minute drive from where I live. That regime represents everything negative in the Korean psyche. Thank God that South Koreans have been blessed by being involved with the West, particularly America.

Speaking of Korea and America, I see the U.S. House of Representatives has just passed a resolution unanimously condemning the Japanese for their sexual enslavement of thousands of women during the last World War. The Japs still haven't acknowledged their wrongdoing, or even that it ever took place. Japanese have a terribly hard time getting it together to say they're sorry. Suicide is the preferred option, because of this stupid honour thing they have, which is really only rampant egotism. It's also apparent in corporate Korea to some extent.

Stephen

White
08-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey Stephen,
So you are in South Korea - Kwang Sook is a friend of mine from my Catholic Church - she grew up in South Korea - her family was Buddist - but then she had the opportunity to attend a Catholic School in South Korea at no charge and voila - The LORD JESUS CHRIST met her and her whole family got saved. She lives now with her husband on Lake Minnetonka in Mound/MN, but she visits her family at least once a year.

What is the percentage of Christians in South Korea? I remember Pope John Paul's visit several years ago with the largest attendance ever. Was it one million South Korean who turned out for his Mass? Anyway - God works in mysterious ways - and we must never forget that JESUS has overcome the WORLD - John 16:33 : "In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I HAVE CONQUERED THE WORLD."

May we learn from the Muslims and teach our children to revere GOD'S WORD and to live by it because GOD IS LOVE - He says : "I am a GOD of LOVE not a god of hate and strive" - of course, when "Christian" mothers murder their children in the womb - from the womb to the tomb - we become hypocrites and our religion is not taken seriously. REPENT and TURN says the LORD - from your wickef ways... "God is sitting on His Throne, tears are streaming down His Face, for lack of knowlege My people shall die, how come you Believers are so shy?"...

The Muslims pray 5 times a day - Can we Christians pray "Our Father who art in Heaven" 5 times a day, or better yet 10 x a day , that would be about 2 minutes of prayer time - I know the LORD would honor it - I actually started a website called "www.watchandpray.com" with Richard's help - I was going to design a PRAYER WATCH to encourage people to pray "Our Father" with the Foundation Stones of Revelation 21 - Stephen - you might find that interesting. verse 14 : The wall of the city had twelve courses of stones as its foundation, on which were inscribed the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. go to v. 19 for the actual stones: Jasper sapphire, chalcedony, emerald, sardonyx, carnelian, chrysolite, beryl, topaz, chrysoprase, hyacinth, amethyst. The New Jerusalem that came down from Heaven is resting on the foundation Stones of the 12 Apostles. I like the image , like the OLD resting on the NEW... Sorry. Back to your topic.

Shalom
WHite

Stephen
08-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Guete Daag!

Do z'Seoul isch's aigetlig kurz ab zwai Nohmittags. Syt 1991 hany nimm schwyzerduetsch benutzt. Waegedem hani nit probiert uf dere Schprooch z'schrybe. Nu zwai Joohr hany gar i d'Schwyz verbracht, en soo goht alles nadyrlig langsam awegg. So with that I will switch back to my natural language, as I barely remember your native tongue these days.

Korea is a majority Christian nation, at least nominally. That's something to really think about in itself, situated as it is in unchristian Asia. Seoul, in particular, has as many churches as England has pubs. For example, once I was in a train and decided to count the number of church steeples I could see in any given moment. Within a few seconds I had counted thirty different church steeples. I guarantee you there is no other place in the world that could match that phenomenon. There are churches everywhere!

I've heard it said that Korea is the second largest missionary nation in the world by numbers. America is, of course, first. At present some of those missionaries are being held hostage by the Taleban, and could do with everyone's prayers. Two have already been executed. The debate now is that people are beginning to learn that it is unwise to evangelise in dodgy places. The Holy Spirit forbade Paul preaching in certain areas, and I would say it is the same today. Another thing is that Koreans are easily swayed by public opinion, usually in a negative way. Now, the Americans are being blamed by some over here for the hostage crisis. Go figure!

Strangely, per capita, I have heard that the Danes have the highest proportion of missionaries in the world, with New Zealand second. But for sheer volume, nothing compares to America.

Yes, the muslims do appear to have something to show us with their regularity of prayer. However, they are sadly lacking in understanding the things of freedom that are our birthright. And, of course, they don't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ - in fact, they actively deny his divinity - which is absolutely a step towards the pit. For all their zeal, the muslims need to humble themselves mightily if they wish to find God.

Concerning the foundation stones of the New Jerusalem, I believe they specifically refer to the 12 tribes of Israel, and are the same 12 stones in the breastplate at Exodus 28. The 12 tribes will be ruled over by the 12 apostles (Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30), which is why the apostles' names are in the foundations. Apart from that narrow range of interpretation, I don't believe the text supports any other.

Well, that's it from me. Nice chatting.

Bis spoeter!

Stephen

White
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Sali Stephen,

Du dis schwyzerduetsch isch aber nod schlecht gell? Und hasch does in 2 Jahr glehrt? Weischt Du dass d'Innerschwyz - Romanisch - isch doch vo de Jude wo us Rome usgsetzt worde sind im 45AD - die sind i de Schwyz glanded obwohl d'Schwyz ja erst in 1291 as Land gworde isch. Mir hand an huffe Delicatesse vo de Jude, z.B. Fleischchaes und Patisserie au no. I ha das realiziert als ich in de "kosher" Esslade gange bin in Mpls, wil d'Jude dorfed ja nut esse wo nod rein isch, gell. Da hane also sache gfunde wo n'ich i de Schwyz gasse han als as chind. Ok back to English - so much easier - but this was fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun...

Yes, let us pray for those South Korean Hostages - we prayed for them today in Church - it is amazing what the LORD can do in a Country when people submit - South Korea is the PERFECT example - just look what People have achieved compared to the oppressive dictatorship of the NORTH. South Korea needs to remember the sacrifice of America for their freedom, and thank JESUS CHRIST - our LORD and SAVIOR - for freedom of Religion, not freedom from Religion. The truth shall be known and the Truth shall set free John 8:32.

Concerning the Apostles being the FOUNDATION STONES of the NEW JERUSALEM that comes down from Heaven is exactly as you say, Stephen,
they are the FOUNDATION, no building or New Jerusalem without the FOUNDATION stones which are the 12 Apostles. May the Jewish People and all People see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their heart and be healed by JESUS CHRIST our LORD and SAVIOR. And may we pray continually for all the nations, to the Jew first then the Gentile, according to Isaiah 2:2-5. Amen.

Pray also for the people of Minnesota, who lost loved ones in this tragedy.
Shalom und uf widerluege,
White

Stephen
08-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Sali White!

Wy goht's dr? Ych han alles verschtande wo du gschrybe haesch, und han 's sehr interessant gfunde, vor allem d Aehnligkaite zwischet Judisches and Schwyzerisches Aesse.

I was in Switzerland for the seven hundredth anniversary on August 1, 1991. I wanted to go to Altdorf, to what I regard as the original and authentic area of Switzerland, to celebrate, but I had to work for part of that day and so remained in Basel. Funnily enough, I received a real compliment that night from an elderly Swiss woman. Some foreign youths and I were sitting on a bench-chair talking, when the owner wished to take the bench-chair and go home. So I got everybody off the bench. Then one of the girls turned the bench over and tried to fold it up, but she couldn't work it out. So I said, "Here, give it to me" (in broken French). I then moved the supports and folded up the bench in one quick motion, and asked where the lady would like me to put the bench. I then overheard her saying to her husband, "Er hett's gscafft wy en aechti Aidgnosse". I was chuffed to hear that, especially on that particular day.

Speaking of things Jewish and Swiss, here's a few things to think about. Have you ever seen a transcript of a Yiddish conversation? I saw one once, and was able to understand everything because it was so much like Schwyzerduetsch. The resemblance was very strong. Another thing. The stone for the tribe of Judah is sardonyx, a red and white layered form of chalcedony. Canton Schwyz has these colours in its flag, as does Switzerland, and the flag of the former canton Unterwalden I don't know if this connection is related, but you never know. One of the things I loved about Switzerland were the cantonal flags, and the importance of flags in general. I was fascinated to learn that you come from one of the original cantons of Uri, Schwyz and Unterwalden. I lived in Zollikerberg in Zurich for six months, and in Basel for eighteen months.

Yes, my prayers go out to the families of those who have suffered tragedy in the bridge collapse yesterday. We know God hears and answers prayer. Also to the hostages in Afghanistan, that God keeps their faith strong through their ordeal, and delivers them home to their loved ones alive. There is gonna be one big media scrum when they get home.

Nice chatting. Uf widerluege!

Stephen

White
08-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Sali Stephen,
Villiecht sotetemer uf a privati e-mail addresse ga, so dass d'Lut noed veruckt werded will'mer schwyzer deutsch reded - mini adresse isch min name Monique und dan min name und dan white und dan diamonds und dan .com
also min name M... @min name M... w... dia....com - verstande? Ich bin ja ebe an Juwellier - da in mpls/mn... und was fur an name isch im englische Jeweler , doch Jew-eler, i find das so lustig - de liebe Herrgott had doch an guete humor, gell? Und Du bisch also i de Schwyz gsi in 1991 - 700 jarige Celebration - min Vater isch ja vo Altdorf aber er hat in Siskon gwohnt bis er dan uf Zurich zoge isch. Aber min Grossvater und alli sini Kinder sind in Uri / Altdorf / Sisikon begraben - mini Muetter is vo Schwyz / Niederhasli glaub ich.
min Vater sin name isch Aschwanden und mini Mutter ihre name isch Bamert -
mini Tante had gseigt dass ihre familie mit Nicolas von der Flueh herkommt - das isch an heilige in de Kath. Chile (Kirche) - er hat nume da Eucharist gasse fur vili Jahre - Ok - bye - uf bald uf da andere adresse, gell? Tschuess!

Talking about a transcript of Schwyzer Deutsch and Yiddisch being so similar - when my Dad came to live with me from 1999-2001 ( he passed away on 2/1/2001), I would take my Bible and start translating the Psalm into Schwyzer deutsch because I did not have a German Bible. I realized then that it was real easy to make the translation. I also took my Dad to Kenesseth Israel Synagogue for Simchat Torah in 1999 - they took him right in because many could speak Yiddish and my Dad only spoke Schwyzer deutsch, it was interesting and very enlightening. Yes, definately, the roots of Switzerland are Jewish - so we have three true democracies: USA, Israel and Switzerland ... and that's about it as far as my eyes can see... or maybe South Korea would be a 4th? Any others? Anyway - let's pray for all people to worship the LORD of LORDS and the KING of KINGS... Jesus / Y'shua. AMen.

Shalom and Peace to
all the hostages from South Korea
and the still missing people from the bridge collapse in Minneapolis/MN
White

Jesus says in Mark 12:29-31:
Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. This is the first Commandment. And the second is like it, namly this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Amen & Amen !

Stephen
08-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi White,

We've managed to successfully wander from the subject of the thread. So easy to do! Personally, I'm not in favour of anyone ripping up the Koran, even if it is clearly not from God. In my younger days I would have supported a book-burning of all Korans, but age teaches one a thing or two. At the end of the day, everyone has the right to choose which religion they will follow. However, the choices they make determine whether or not they receive salvation.

OK, back off topic! I don't think people will get too annoyed by a little Schwyzerduetsch here and there. But I must admit it takes me a while to write because it's been so long. And I only lived in CH for two years, so really only used it for a year and a half, as it took three or four months to get proficient and confident with it.

I got your email address details ok, but I can actually use this forum to send private emails. Were you aware of this? I was also very interested to learn that you are a jeweller. One of my passions has been the jewels in the breastplate of Aaron. I believe that the Bible leaves us enough clues to have a good chance of correctly identifying all twelve stones. I firmly believe that the twelve foundation stones of the New Jerusalem are the same as the twelve breastplate stones. I also believe that the Bible gives us the key to correlate the two sets. That key is the last five verses of Ezekiel.

As a jeweller, you may know that the notion of relating a particular stone to a particular star sign is believed to come from the breastplate. In a round about way that intuition is correct, but I won't go into it now.

Concerning democracies, I think Switzerland is way ahead of the rest in this. My own country, New Zealand, is very much a democracy. South Korea is a democracy, but only because of its strong ties to America. It took a generation or two for democracy to get established here. Should the ties to America ever be sundered, Korea would easily slip back into dictatorship. There is so very much I could say on this subject from a biblical perspective, but this is not the time or place.

Good chatting again, and don't go ripping up Korans now will you!

Stephen

White
08-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Stephen,

Neither do I support the burning of the Koran - Freedom OF religion is the key, not Freedom From religion as the ACLU wants it. Where are they by the way - nobody supporting that student who expressed his opinion in an "unfortunate" fashion? When will they arrest those who desecrate the cruycifix by putting it into ur... etc? Ah yes, it's ok to attack Christian symbols - Christians hardly blink an eye when their religion is attacked.
Lord help us become better Ambassadors for Your word and Your truth.

Concerning Aaron's Breastplate (Exodus 28:15-21) and the New Jerusalem Foundation Stones from Revelation 21:19-20 don't look like they are the same

Aarons:
Carnelian, topaz, emerald
Garnet, Sapphire, Beryl
Jacinth, agate, amethyst
chrysolite, onyx, jasper

Rev 21:19-20
Jasper, sapphire, chalcedony
emerald, sardonyx, carnelian
chrysolite, beryl, topaz
chrysoprase, hyacinth, amthyst

Jetzt mueni aber ga !
Tschuess - Heb a schoens Wochenend

Shalom and Shabbat Shalom
White

Stephen
08-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi White,

It's been a while since I checked up on this thread, so only just now got to the part about the comparison between the stones in Aaron's breastplate and those in the New Jerusalem.

The main reason they don't appear to be the same is because you are using an English translation! The stone names were originally written in Hebrew (Aaron's breastplate) and Greek (New Jerusalem). The translators have little idea of the identity of most of the stones, so they just take their best guess. Their guesses are based upon more ancient lists of guesses. It's been a guessing game for at least two and a half thousand years. So you can pretty much discard the two lists you referred to!

Thankfully, the Lord has left a trail for the diligent to follow within the pages of Scripture, so we can know within a narrow range what each tribe's stone was. I might cover this subject here in the years to come, but I have way too much on my plate right now to start on it. However, if you would like isolated information here and there, I could probably do you something. As it is, the order of the Greek list is vital to the orientation of the NJ cube. It's another one of those wonderful subjects that shows the glorious design that God has woven into His Word. And it ties in with the Mazzaroth as well, which extends the revelation much further.

Stephen

Geoffrey
08-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Hallo White!

When will they arrest those who desecrate the cruycifix by putting it into ur... etc? Ah yes, it's ok to attack Christian symbols - Christians hardly blink an eye when their religion is attacked.
Lord help us become better Ambassadors for Your word and Your truth.

We hardly blink an eye, because our eyes are set as flint toward the day of the Lord's wrath.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
We hardly blink an eye, because our eyes are set as flint toward the day of the Lord's wrath.
Now that is a most excellent point! The world watches the waves of the restless sea crashing all around them, threatening to sink their small ship while we wait at the side of our Lord Christ, in perfect peace with our eyes locked on the magnificent face of our Master, the Lord God Almighty.

Matthew 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Yarah
08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Just a quick note to address your comment on "from womb to tomb".
The Hebrew word for truth is Emet written Aleph-Mem-Tav (from rt to left of course).
The Hebrew "root" word for mother is Em Aleph-Mem = womb
The Hebrew "root" for death is Met Mem-Tav = tomb
The sum total of man's existance, is from the womb (mother) to the tomb (his death)
Truth is God's word from the first to the last and all in between (mem).
I have given them thy word Father, thy word is TRUTH
As I'm sure you know, the letter Aleph, stands for God, when God is removed be it from a life, or a Nation, all that remains is death.
Yarah

shalag
08-23-2007, 11:30 PM
It's simple truths like these - shown forth in the letters - that are so profound. I LIKE it! :D

alec cotton
10-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Talk about the madness of a culture that denies God! People are free in this country to blaspheme Christ and desecrate the Bible day and night. But look what happens if you mistreat the Quran (read the full AP story here (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--vandalismquran0727jul27,0,6882662.story))

I think the real problem is two fold:

Groups like the ACLU have been brainwashing Americans to think that "separation of church and state" applies only to Christianity. Witness their support of government funded foot washing stations for Muslims.
More significantly, people are TERRIFIED OF MUSLIMS because there are millions of Muslims who have been taught to murder anyone with whom they disagree. Witness what happened when the Danes drew some cartoons to "prove" they were not intimidated by their threats.RAM

I am reminded of a report in the daily newspaper about Omar bakri mohammed. He is 50 and has just married a woman of 26. Nothing wrong with that or that his daughter is reputed to be a pole dancer. What makes me sick is the fact that he is supposed to be a Mulsim and to submit to the Koran and its rules ,edicts and instuctions. Sura 5.56 says "Do not take patronage from Christians or jews. If you accept patronage of them you are one of them."
Bakri happily accepted the patronage of the british people who are avaowedly Christian . He was kicked out and showed his grattitude by biting the hand which fed him and spitting in the face which smiled on him. He is quoted as saying we plan to have many children and conquer the whole world .and the U.K. Abu Hamsa was another . They preach hatred and murder.
They drag the reputation of islam into the gutter and invite contempt on the head of the prophet and yet no one ever utters a word of protest. I wonder why?.
Alec

Bob May
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Guete Daag!

Do z'Seoul isch's aigetlig kurz ab zwai Nohmittags. Syt 1991 hany nimm schwyzerduetsch benutzt. Waegedem hani nit probiert uf dere Schprooch z'schrybe. Nu zwai Joohr hany gar i d'Schwyz verbracht, en soo goht alles nadyrlig langsam awegg. So with that I will switch back to my natural language, as I barely remember your native tongue these days.

Korea is a majority Christian nation, at least nominally. That's something to really think about in itself, situated as it is in unchristian Asia. Seoul, in particular, has as many churches as England has pubs. For example, once I was in a train and decided to count the number of church steeples I could see in any given moment. Within a few seconds I had counted thirty different church steeples. I guarantee you there is no other place in the world that could match that phenomenon. There are churches everywhere!

I've heard it said that Korea is the second largest missionary nation in the world by numbers. America is, of course, first. At present some of those missionaries are being held hostage by the Taleban, and could do with everyone's prayers. Two have already been executed. The debate now is that people are beginning to learn that it is unwise to evangelise in dodgy places. The Holy Spirit forbade Paul preaching in certain areas, and I would say it is the same today. Another thing is that Koreans are easily swayed by public opinion, usually in a negative way. Now, the Americans are being blamed by some over here for the hostage crisis. Go figure!

Strangely, per capita, I have heard that the Danes have the highest proportion of missionaries in the world, with New Zealand second. But for sheer volume, nothing compares to America.

Yes, the muslims do appear to have something to show us with their regularity of prayer. However, they are sadly lacking in understanding the things of freedom that are our birthright. And, of course, they don't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ - in fact, they actively deny his divinity - which is absolutely a step towards the pit. For all their zeal, the muslims need to humble themselves mightily if they wish to find God.

Concerning the foundation stones of the New Jerusalem, I believe they specifically refer to the 12 tribes of Israel, and are the same 12 stones in the breastplate at Exodus 28. The 12 tribes will be ruled over by the 12 apostles (Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30), which is why the apostles' names are in the foundations. Apart from that narrow range of interpretation, I don't believe the text supports any other.

Well, that's it from me. Nice chatting.

Bis spoeter!

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Not to butt in to your coversation on stones of the breastplate, but I have a few ideas that may or may not help you.
In the Qabala, equal in number is equal in meaning.
In other words there is a connection to the sons of Jacob and the apostles.
They represent the "Faculties of Man". Hearing, seeing, praise, etc.
Simeon and Peter (Simon), for instance, would represent the same faculty (hearing) after a different manner. Or a different level of the same faculty.
Hints to these faculties can be found in places like;

The statement made by the mother at the birth of these particular sons of
Jacob.

The hebrew meanings of those names.

Jacob's "blessings" on those sons.

Moses' "blessings" on them.

The circumstances and words said when they each were called by Jesus.

The particular stories concerning the sons of Jacob and the apostles.

I think you could find some patterns and clues here that might help in your search in assigning the proper stones to each.
Good luck. It seems like a very interesting and important study.

Bob