PDA

View Full Version : Gospels +Acts and Genesis 2:18-22 linked?

gilgal
12-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Genesis 2
18And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

When I look at Acts and Genesis 2:22 I see that the church, which is the anti-type of the woman, Adam's wife, brought to Jesus Christ the anti-type of Adam the first man.

Could it be that when Jesus died God had caused him to sleep as Adam slept?

Genesis 2
21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

John 19
33But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:

34But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

Then the following verses:

Genesis 2
23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

25And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Verse 24 links with:

1Corinthians 6
16What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Verse 25 has spoke 3 words naked and ashamed.

gilgal
12-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I found a few more links with Genesis 2, the mentioning of the seventh day (Deuteronomy's 4th commandment skips that, but not Exodus):

Looking for:
heaven,,earth + them + rested,,on the seventh + blessed the,,day
Genesis 2
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
Exodus 20
1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.
19 And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die.
20 And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.
21 And the people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was.
22 And the LORD said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.
23 Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.
24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
26 Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.

gilgal
12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Looking for:
nostrils + breath
Genesis 2

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 7

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

gilgal
12-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Looking for:
onyx stone
Genesis 2

Exodus 25

7 Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.

gilgal
12-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Here's an interesting one!

Looking for:
thou shalt not eat of it,,of the tree
Genesis 2
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Victor
12-18-2009, 05:56 AM
When I look at Acts and Genesis 2:22 I see that the church, which is the anti-type of the woman, Adam's wife, brought to Jesus Christ the anti-type of Adam the first man.

Perfect! And of course it also links to Song of Songs and Revelation on Spoke 22.

Could it be that when Jesus died God had caused him to sleep as Adam slept?

Not at all. The Bible is very clear that Jesus died, unlike Adam, who just had a deep sleep. You're letting the typological connection affect the plain statement of Scripture.

So they type/antitype relationship is: Adam slept and from him God took matter to build his wife. Christ slept in death and from Him God took matter to build His Wife, the Church.

And I had never noticed this amazing connection that you point out: the deep sleep of Adam is recorded in Verse 21, linking to John on Spoke 21, which is the only Gospel that records that blood and water came out from Christ!

Then the following verses:

Verse 24 links with:

Verse 25 has spoke 3 words naked and ashamed.

I had noticed these! Aren't they beautiful?

Victor
12-18-2009, 06:15 AM
I found a few more links with Genesis 2, the mentioning of the seventh day (Deuteronomy's 4th commandment skips that, but not Exodus):

Excellent! I had noticed that as well, but never had the chance to publish it. Here it goes:

The redaction of the 4th Commandment in the Second Book (Exodus) is exclusive. It doesn't appear in the parallel passage of the 10 Commandments in the Fifth Book (Deuteronomy). Only Book 2 quotes Genesis 2 by saying that 'God rested on the seventh day.'

Similarly, the redaction of the 5th Commandment in the Fifth Book is exclusive. It doesn't appear in the parallel passage in Exodus. Only Book 5, Chapter 5, mentions the "that may go well with thee" clause.

Victor
12-18-2009, 06:18 AM
Looking for:
onyx stone
Genesis 2

Exodus 25

7 Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.

This is part of a set of numerous connections between Genesis 2 and Exodus. The Universe is designed as a Temple/House of God and the Garden as the Holy of Holies. Many things that are said of the tabernacle in Exodus corresponds to the description of Eden in Genesis 2.

Rose
12-18-2009, 08:56 AM
And I had never noticed this amazing connection that you point out: the deep sleep of Adam is recorded in Verse 21, linking to John on Spoke 21, which is the only Gospel that records that blood and water came out from Christ!

I had noticed these! Aren't they beautiful?

Another cool link between Gen.2:21 and book 21, is that John is the only Gospel that mentions Thomas reaching his hand into Jesus' side.
Gen.2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs (tsela`= side), and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

John (book 21) 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord....25) The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.....27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Rose

Victor
12-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Another cool link between Gen.2:21 and book 21, is that John is the only Gospel that mentions Thomas reaching his hand into Jesus' side.
Gen.2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs (tsela`= side), and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

John (book 21) 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord....25) The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.....27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Rose

That's exactly correct! Scripture speaks of the "side" of Adam and the "side" of Jesus!

gilgal
12-18-2009, 03:50 PM
That's exactly correct! Scripture speaks of the "side" of Adam and the "side" of Jesus!

I'm thinking that the Christian's death is sleeping. Since Adam's wife was created before the fall he was sleeping. So Jesus, when talking to Lazarus' family or Dalitha's family (Jairus) he said they're sleeping. And I think even Stephen slept as well.

Victor
12-18-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm thinking that the Christian's death is sleeping. Since Adam's wife was created before the fall he was sleeping. So Jesus, when talking to Lazarus' family or Dalitha's family (Jairus) he said they're sleeping. And I think even Stephen slept as well.

Yes, death is compared to sleep. Adam didn't die, he just slept. But in the antitype, Christ literally died. If we want to use the sleep metaphor, we can say that Jesus "slept" in death for three days.

gilgal
12-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Here's an interesting one!

Looking for:
thou shalt not eat of it,,of the tree
Genesis 2

Genesis 3
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Did you see post #5 (http://biblewheel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16634&postcount=5)?
Also verse 10 in Genesis 2 has went (YaTzA). TzA or go is a spoke 18 word but seems to have links in spoke 10 as well such as God telling Jonah to go to Nineveh, Assyria.

Genesis 2

10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

Also in Genesis 3:10 there's the word afraid (YaRaH).

Genesis 3

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Spoke 2
Genesis 3
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

links with:
Genesis 2
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden , and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden ; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

But there's the mentioning of the tree of life in Genesis 3:22 as well. Looking at 22 Revelation is spoke 22. In Revelation the tree of Life is both mentioned in Revelation 2 to the Church of Ephesus and at the end in Revelation 22.

Revelation 2
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life , which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation 22
2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life , which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life , and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Genesis 2:4 The first mentioning of YaHWeH

Genesis 2

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Victor
12-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Did you see post #5 (http://biblewheel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16634&postcount=5)?

Yes, I did, though I didn't comment! Very good find! :thumb: It is intringuing and elegant.

Also verse 10 in Genesis 2 has went (YaTzA).

Interesting. That will be food for thought. It begins with Yod but the force resides on Tzaddi. Yatza is a common word, but in Chapter 2 it appears only in verse 10.

TzA or go is a spoke 18 word but seems to have links in spoke 10 as well such as God telling Jonah to go to Nineveh, Assyria.

This is a complex network of letter-concepts. Spoke 10 reflects the missionary call to "go!" in the Book of Jonah. It is not because of Yod, but because of the coordinate themes found on Spoke 10, based on the idea of dismissal/sending that I explained in my commentary of 2Ch 7:10 (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16340&postcount=33).

The missionary theme also reflects on Spokes 18 - Tsey (to go forth) - and Spoke 21 - Shalach (to send). This in turn characterizes the Gospels of Matthew (the Great Comission) and John (Sending - "he sent me").

But it doesn't stop there. When God sends Jonah, He says: "Arise, go to Nineveh!" which in Hebrew is Qum Lekh. (Jonah 1:2; 3:2) Qum (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/../Wheel/Spokes/Quph_Qumi.asp) is a Quph KeyWord and Lekh (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/../InnerWheels/Psalms/Psalm34_Teach.asp) is a Lamed KeyWord. The latter connects to Abram's calling in Genesis 12 (Lekh Lekha (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/../InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis12.asp)). The Number 12 appears implicitly in Jonah's call because God's command is found in verse 1:2! Similarly, the connection to Spoke 10 appears implicitly in the repetition of that command in verse 3:2, which is like a summary of Book 32. (32 is 10 on the second alphabetic cycle.)

When Lekh and Qum combine they form a powerful command. The NET Bible comments this phrase in Jonah:

The two imperatives without an intervening vav (qum lekh; "Arise, go!"), form a verbal hendiadys in which the first verb functions adverbially and the second retains its full verbal force: "Go immediately." This construction emphasizes the urgency of the command. The translations "Go at once" (NRSV, NJPS) or simply "Go!" (NIV) are better than the traditional "Arise, go" (KJV, NKJV, ASV, RSV, NASB) or "Get up and go" (NLT).
This is very impacting because it is in fact saying that in this phrase "qum" denotates "immediately" and this is the distinguishing word that identifies the Gospel of Mark on Spoke 19! Dazzling!

This sense of rush that characterizes Mark is reflected on the missionary calling which is awkwardly presented in a very hurried manner by the end of the book:

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
This rush to go also appears in the angels' call to leave Sodom in Genesis 19:

Gen 19:14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up [qum], get you out [yatsar] of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.
Gen 19:15 And when the morning arose, then the angels hastened Lot, saying, Arise [qum], take thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here; lest thou be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
So the theme of the missionary calling resonates in distinct ways on several Spokes-Letters, with special emphasis to Tzaddi, Quph and Shin, proving that this concept is specially strong on the exact Spokes that shelter the Gospels!! (Tzaddi-Matthew, Quph-Mark, Shin-John)

So, GO preach the Gospel!

Victor
12-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Also in Genesis 3:10 there's the word afraid (YaRaH).

Very good!! It is debut of the Yod KeyWord Yara found in the alphabetic verses and Jonah!

But there's the mentioning of the tree of life in Genesis 3:22 as well. Looking at 22 Revelation is spoke 22. In Revelation the tree of Life is both mentioned in Revelation 2 to the Church of Ephesus and at the end in Revelation 22.

The "tree of life" themes marks Spokes 2 and 22 in the following fashion:
Spoke 2: Genesis 2:9; Genesis 3:24; Revelation 2:7; Revelation 22:2.
Spoke 22: Genesis 3:22; Revelation 2:7; Revelation 22:2,14.The phrase "tree of life" appears 10 times in the Bible. Thrice in Genesis (with all those links to Spokes 2 and 22), four times in Proverbs (with no links to Spokes 2 and 22), and thrice in Revelation (with all those links to Spokes 2 and 22).

This is very symmetric! 3 + 4 + 3, in the beginning, approximate middle, and end! The extremities are characterized by Spokes 2 and 22, while the central portion is found on Spoke 20.

2, 20 and 22 all display the digit 2 with prominence. Sounds like something is going on!

http://i36.tinypic.com/2e5496r.gif
Tree of Life - beginning, middle, end

The distribution of the tree of life in Scripture reminds me of the overall storyline of the Bible, beginning with the tree of life in Creation/Eden, the tree of life in the middle of history - the Cross!, and the conclusion in the Consummation of the Ages - the Tree of life in New Jerusalem.

The following picture represents the biblical plot from beginning (Law), passing through the middle (first century, the Cross and God's Judgment upon Jerusalem) and coming to an end (the final harvest).

http://beyondcreationscience.com/images/Etz_Chaim.jpg
Etz Chaim: God's Divine Diary

Victor
12-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Genesis 2:4 The first mentioning of YaHWeH

YES! There so much that can be said about Genesis 2 and the structure of the Bible that it could fill a book. God's Name links to Spoke 2 because in Book 2 we find the glorious revelation of God's Name to Moses. Exodus is called Shemuot, the Book of Names. The first mentioning of God's Name in the Bible is in Genesis 2 and the first explanation of His Name is Book 2!

Verse 4 relates to Spoke 4 because God's Name is called the Tetragrammaton, formed by four letters (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/../wheel/spokes/Dalet_Name.asp).

gilgal
12-20-2009, 02:11 PM
YES! There so much that can be said about Genesis 2 and the structure of the Bible that it could fill a book. God's Name links to Spoke 2 because in Book 2 we find the glorious revelation of God's Name to Moses. Exodus is called Shemuot, the Book of Names. The first mentioning of God's Name in the Bible is in Genesis 2 and the first explanation of His Name is Book 2!

Verse 4 relates to Spoke 4 because God's Name is called the Tetragrammaton, formed by four letters (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/../wheel/spokes/Dalet_Name.asp).
What do you think of the word call as in to call a name? Could it be associated with spoke 2? But name has been mentioned quite quite a few times in Genesis 2.

Looking for:
name + call
Genesis 2

11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

Also both Ish and Ishah are mentioned in verse 23 (spoke 1, both aleph words) although the word woman not capitalized is mentioned before in the chapter.