PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Dictatorship: Using the EPA to take "command and control"

Richard Amiel McGough
12-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Obama is now openly despising our democracy. Unable to prove the "science" behind the Global Warming Alarmism, he has chosen the path of the DICTATOR - here is the report from Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/09/administration-warns-command-control-regulation-emissions/
The Obama administration is warning Congress that if it doesn't move to regulate greenhouse gases, the Environmental Protection Agency will take a "command-and-control" role over the process in a way that could hurt business.

The warning, from a top White House economic official who spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity, came on the eve of EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson's address to the international conference on climate change in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Jackson, however, tried to strike a tone of cooperation in her address Wednesday, explaining that the EPA's new powers to regulate greenhouse gases will be used to complement legislation pending in Congress, not replace it. "This is not an 'either-or' moment. It's a 'both-and' moment," she said.

But while administration officials have long said they prefer Congress take action on climate change, the economic official who spoke with reporters Tuesday night made clear that the EPA will not wait and is prepared to act on its own. And it won't be pretty.

"If you don't pass this legislation, then ... the EPA is going to have to regulate in this area," the official said. "And it is not going to be able to regulate on a market-based way, so it's going to have to regulate in a command-and-control way, which will probably generate even more uncertainty."

Climate change legislation that passed the House is stuck in the Senate, but the EPA finding Monday was seen as a boost to the U.S. delegation in Denmark trying to convince other countries that Washington is capable of taking action to follow through with any global commitments.

The economic official explained that congressional action could be better for the economy, since it would provide "compensation" for higher energy prices, especially for small businesses dealing with those higher energy costs. Otherwise, the official warned that the kind of "uncertainty" generated by unilateral EPA action would be a huge "deterrent to investment," in an economy already desperate for jobs.
"So, passing the right kind of legislation with the right kind of compensations seems to us to be the best way to reduce uncertainty and actually to encourage investment," the official said.

Republicans fear that the EPA will ultimately end up stepping in to regulate emissions -- though many oppose the congressional legislation as well. They had urged Jackson to withdraw the finding in light of leaked e-mails from a British research center that appeared to show scientists discussing the manipulation of climate data.

Rep. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., ranking Republican on the House Select Committee for Energy Independence and Global Warming, said Tuesday he is going to attend the Copenhagen conference to inform world leaders that despite any promises made by President Obama, no new laws will be passed in the United States until the "scientific fascism" ends.

"I call it 'scientific fascism,'" Sensenbrenner said during a press conference with fellow climate change skeptics. Sensenbrenner said, "The U.N. should throw a red flag" on scientists who support global warming to the exclusion of dissent.
Administration officials, though, said the e-mails do not change the debate.

Former Vice President Al Gore, a leader in the movement on man-caused climate change, told CNN on Wednesday that the e-mails in questions were 10 years old and taken "out of context."

Richard Amiel McGough
12-09-2009, 12:21 PM
The Climategate scandal continues to expand. It seems that everything touching the Global Warming Alarmists' power grab is tainted with fraud, coverups, strong-arm tactics and absolute censorship of any scientific dissent:
The EPA Scientist silenced in Coverup (http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=34747)

The CRU e-mails have created a firestorm of criticism against the liberals -- including President Obama -- who insist that we enact the 'cap and trade' energy tax without further delay.

And now the EPA has its own 'Climategate.' It is in the report by EPA’s Dr. Alan Carlin who was -- according to this July 16 letter (http://republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/Media/file/News/071609_Followup_Letter_to_EPA_on_Carlin_Report.pdf ) to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson -- subjected to a gag order.

The March 16, 2009 report by Dr. Alan Carlin says -- among other things -- that 'As of the best information we currently have, the GHG/CO2 hypothesis as to the cause of global warming, which this Draft TSD supports, is currently an invalid hypothesis from a scientific viewpoint because it fails a number of critical comparisons with available observable data. Any one of these failings should be enough to invalidate the hypothesis; the breadth of these failings leaves no other possible conclusion based on current data.'

You can read the entire report here (http://www.humanevents.com/downloads-pdfs/Endangerment_comments_v7b.pdf). The report was disclosed by Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) at a Tuesday afternoon press conference in which he said that the report was not considered by EPA in reaching its Monday determination.

Silence
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Hello Richard,
Only a huge miracle can prevent this country from falling into a dictatorial state. The majority of people are so far from being able to see things as they really are, that any action which is based on reality and reason will not be tolerated. People want information presented to them in an easy to digest "sound bite" and dressed up in a flashy package. Enter-tainment has always been a hazard to freedom and a-muse-ment a dangerous place to be. When we lie to ourselves and say "It is just entertainment, what's wrong with a little fun and relaxation?", we ignore the fact that man was placed in the garden to tend and KEEP it. Shemer has as it's basic meaning "to surround and protect with a hedge of thorns". It implies something more diligent than just" keeping an eye on it". We also like to be proud of our independence and "free will" and ignore the fact that man was created to be an imitator, an image. Originally, this was a good thing, as we were created to be the image of God. Something that I read in one of the books at tentmaker.org is very interesting in this regard. The author pointed out that the word asah in Genesis 1:26, and the first instance of bara used in reference to the creation of man in Genesis 1:27 are both in the imperfect tense. "Let Us be making man in Our image..." is how the author thought it should be translated, implying a process was involved. The second and third instances of bara in Genesis 1:27 are in the perfect tense, and I don't yet know what changed or the significance of it, but as far as we are concerned today, Paul pointed out in 1 Corinthians how we are to be changed through a process, into the image of God through Jesus Christ - by gazing at Him as in a mirror (the Word of God). Like it or not, we humans really do operate on a "monkey see - monkey do" principle more than we realize. (this can work for good, or for bad, depending on what you look at.) Modern scientists are just now catching up to Paul in this regard since they discovered "mirror neurons" and began studying their functions and the implications. I found out about mirror neurons when I came across an article in the N.Y. Times by Sandra Blakeslee.
When you have people letting down their guard for a little entertainment and then add the "feel good" endorphines that are released in the body in response to music into the mix, you have a recipe for disaster. Even ancient pagan philosophers recognized the dangers of entertainment to personal freedom. The road down this slippery slope can even begin with listening to someone making a speech. The style of delivery can distract you from the ridiculous content.

Aristotle in his book Rhetoric said: "Poets also make use of this in inventing words, as a melody "without strings" or "without the lyre";
for they employ epithets from negations, a course which is approved in proportional metaphors... The form of diction should be neither metrical nor without rhythm.
If it is metrical, it lacks persuasiveness, for it appears artificial, and at the same time it distracts the hearer's attention, since it sets him on the watch for the recurrence of such and such a cadence..." .

According to the ancient Jewish historian Philo, the gods of the pagans exploit this weakness of men. "For the sake of a better effect, and with the intention of more easily cheating their devotees, they have set their lies to melodies, rhythms and meters..." .

Plato in Republic Book III - "If a man, then, it seems, who was capable by his cunning of assuming every kind of shape and imitating all things should arrive in our city, bringing with himself the poems which he wished to exhibit, but (we) should say to him that there is no man of that kind among us in our city, nor is it lawful for such a man to arise among us, and we should send him away to another city, after pouring myrrh down over his head and crowning him with fillets of wool (tarring and feathering him) but we ourselves, for our souls' good, should continue to employ the more austere and less delightful poet and tale-teller, who would imitate the diction of the good man and would tell his tale in the patterns which we prescribed in the beginning, when we set out to educate our soldier."

And in book IX of "The Republic" -

The regulations which we are prescribing, my good Adeimantus, are not, as might be supposed, a number of great principles, but trifles all, if care be taken, as the saying is, of the one great thing,-- a thing, however, which I would rather call, not great, but sufficient for our purpose.

What may that be? he asked.

Education, I said, and nurture: If our citizens are well educated, and grow into sensible men, they will easily see their way through all these, as well as other matters which I omit; such, for example, as marriage, the possession of women and the procreation of children, which will all follow the general principle that friends have all things in common, as the proverb says.

That will be the best way of settling them.

Also, I said, the State, if once started well, moves with accumulating force like a wheel. For good nurture and education implant good constitutions, and these good constitutions taking root in a good education improve more and more, and this improvement affects the breed in man as in other animals.

Very possibly, he said.

Then to sum up: This is the point to which, above all, the attention of our rulers should be directed,--that music and gymnastic be preserved in their original form, and no innovation made. They must do their utmost to maintain them intact. And when any one says that mankind must regard the newest song which the singers have,they will be afraid that he may be praising, not new songs, but a new kind of song; and this ought not to be praised, or conceived to be the meaning of the poet; for any musical innovation is full of danger to the whole State, and ought to be prohibited. So Damon tells me, and I can quite believe him;-he says that when modes of music change, the laws of the State always change with them.

Yes, said Adeimantus; and you may add my suffrage to Damon's and your own.

Then, I said, our guardians must lay the foundations of their fortress in music?

Yes, he said; the lawlessness of which you speak too easily steals in.

Yes, I replied, in the form of amusement; and at first sight it appears harmless.

Why, yes, he said, and there is no harm; were it not that little by little this spirit of licence, finding a home, imperceptibly penetrates into manners and customs; whence, issuing with greater force, it invades contracts between man and man, and from contracts goes on to laws and constitutions, in utter recklessness, ending at last, Socrates, by an overthrow of all rights, private as well as public.

Is that true? I said.

That is my belief, he replied.

Then, as I was saying, our youth should be trained from the first in a stricter system, for if amusements become lawless, and the youths themselves become lawless, they can never grow up into well-conducted and virtuous citizens.

Very true, he said.

And when they have made a good beginning in play, and by the help of music have gained the habit of good order, then this habit of order, in a manner how unlike the lawless play of the others!, will accompany them in all their actions and be a principle of growth to them, and if there be any fallen places a principle in the State will raise them up again.

Plato obviously thinks the state is capable of bringing people back to their senses and that music is a tool to be used in this regard (neither of which I agree with). I am sharing this only to show how seriously people should take the topic of music and entertainment, and the part they play in enabling the manipulation and subjection of people.