PDA

View Full Version : Structure of Genesis 6:1-22

Rose
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Geneses 6 displays an interesting thematic/alphabetic structure in its 22 verses, sort of an integration of Spoke correlations and alphabetic keywords. Here is a very brief overview of the whole chapter.

Gen. 6:1 And it came to pass, when men (adam) began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
Verse 1 theme: Beginnings: man began to multiply on earth
2) That the sons (beni) of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose (bachar).
Verse 2 theme: Sons of God: beni is a bet keyword: Son is a Spoke 2 theme
3) And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Verse 3 theme: The Holy Spirit is a key Spoke 3 theme
4) There were giants (nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Verse 4 theme: Four races…giants, sons of God, daughters of men, offspring (men of renown)
5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually (hayom).
Verse 5 theme: Woe! (Isaiah 5:20) the wickedness of man
6) And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Verse 6 theme: Man (man made on the 6th day)
7) And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Verse 7 theme: in this 7th verse God is reflecting on all He has made
8) But Noah found grace (chen) in the eyes of the LORD.
Verse 8 theme: Grace is a chet (8th letter) keyword…. Noah was surrounded by God’s grace
9) These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Verse 9 theme: Noah exemplifies the 9th commandment, being a just witness to God in his generation
10) And Noah begat (yoled) three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Verse 10 theme: Yeled is a Yod (10th letter) keyword meaning to give birth to, Noah begat (yoled) three sons
11) The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12) And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13) And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled (male’) with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Verses 11-13 are grouped together into a theme in much the same way those three letters: Caph, Lamed, and Mem group to form the word Melech (king) in the Hebrew alphabet

Verse 11 theme: earth is corrupt, filled with violence
Verse 12 theme: corrupt, corrupted his way upon the earth
Verse 13 theme: the earth filled with violence
14) Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
Verse 14 theme: Making of the Ark for continuance of Noah’s generations
15) And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of itthirty cubits.
Verse 15 theme: Measurements of the structure of the Ark: Length=300 Breadth =50 Height =30. For its support
16) A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it (asah).
Verse 16 theme: Asah is a Ayin keyword (16th letter); meaning to do, or make
17) And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
Verse 17 theme: Destruction of all flesh with a flood
18) But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
Verse 18 theme: Because of the righteousness of Noah, God said He would establish a covenant with him
19) And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
Verse 19 theme: Flesh, two of all living flesh God told Noah to bring into the Ark
20) Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing (remes) of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
Verse 20 theme: every creeping thing on the earth comes by twos
21) And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
Verse 21 theme: Food, nourishment for everything in the Ark
22) Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Verse 22 theme: Noah completed, and finished all that God commanded

Rose

Victor
12-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Great job Rose! :thumb:

I remember that, on the early days of the Bible Wheel, the Inner Wheel of Genesis 6 was the first Bible chapter that I studied verse by verse looking for a possible alphabetic structure. Its exact 22 verses combined with some striking links captured my interest.

And now, here you are documenting many connections! I'll comment as I find time.

Victor
12-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Gen. 6:1 And it came to pass, when men (adam) began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

Verse 1 connects with the book of Genesis (Book 1) and also Genesis 1. "Adam" (Man) appears in this first verse and Adam is the name of the first man. It also links to Romans, which explains the theological meaning of "Adam".

"Began to multiply" alludes to God's commandment in Genesis 1 to be fruitful and multiply.

2) That the sons (beni) of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose (bachar).

Very good! 'Taking wives (ishah)' alludes to Genesis 2. (Compare Gen 2:22-24; 24:3; Exo 34:16; 1Co 7:39)

To choose something implies deciding between at least two things. This fundamental duality is reflected on the fact that "to choose" in Hebrew begins with the second letter Bet (Bachar).

4) There were giants (nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Verse 4 theme: Four races…giants, sons of God, daughters of men, offspring (men of renown)

This relates to various ideas: birth and the Number 4 are closely associated. Generation is a Dalet KeyWord - Dur.

And the only other time that "nephilim" appears in Scripture is in Book 4! (Numbers 13:33)

The phrase "men of renown" appears only twice in the KJV: verse 4 and Numbers 16:2!

Rose
12-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rose http://biblewheel.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16420#post16420)
Verse 1 theme: Beginnings: man began to multiply on earthVerse 1 connects with the book of Genesis (Book 1) and also Genesis 1. "Adam" (Man) appears in this first verse and Adam is the name of the first man. It also links to Romans, which explains the theological meaning of "Adam".

"Began to multiply" alludes to God's commandment in Genesis 1 to be fruitful and multiply.

Originally Posted by Rose http://biblewheel.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16420#post16420)
Verse 2 theme: Sons of God: beni is a bet keyword: Son is a Spoke 2 theme Very good! 'Taking wives (ishah)' alludes to Genesis 2. (Compare Gen 2:22-24; 24:3; Exo 34:16; 1Co 7:39)

To choose something implies deciding between at least two things. This fundamental duality is reflected on the fact that "to choose" in Hebrew begins with the second letter Bet (Bachar).

Verse 4 theme: Four races…giants, sons of God, daughters of men, offspring (men of renown)This relates to various ideas: birth and the Number 4 are closely associated. Generation is a Dalet KeyWord - Dur.

And the only other time that "nephilim" appears in Scripture is in Book 4! (Numbers 13:33)

The phrase "men of renown" appears only twice in the KJV: verse 4 and Numbers 16:2!

Thanks Victor! :signthankspin:

I was hoping to get your input....:D You always add many wonderful insights. I know there is much to be found in this treasure chest!

Rose

Victor
12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks Victor! :signthankspin:

I was hoping to get your input....:D You always add many wonderful insights. I know there is much to be found in this treasure chest!

Rose

Hey, look out for more! :winking0071:

Victor
12-09-2009, 03:28 PM
5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually (hayom).
This is one of the most definite passages of Scripture concerning the wickedness of man. This links to Isaiah 5, as you point out. It also reminds of the same diagnostic of 1 John 5.

1Jn 5:19 The whole world lieth in wickedness.
It reminds of Ephesians on Spoke 5 as well:

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But to me one of the greatest biblical passages describing the wickedness of man is found also in Ephesians:

Eph 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
Eph 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
It sounds to me that there is a strong thematic connection between these passages governed by 5/Hey and Verse 5.

Victor
12-09-2009, 03:43 PM

The word expression "continually" above translates the Hebrew expression kol-hayom (lit.: "all the day").

It appears once in an Alphabetic Verse, and it is a Hey verse!

Psa 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Such a great contrast between the wicked men of Genesis 6:5 and the Psalmist in Alphabetic Verse 5!

The word HaYom by the way is maximized in Book 5 (Deuteronomy)! It appears 74 times there, much more than in any other book.

Curiously, in the Septuagint the word for "imagination" of the thoughts is a Greek word that is hugely maximized in the book of Daniel on Spoke 5, where it has the meaning of understanding and consideration.

Victor
12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
7) And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Verse 7 theme: in this 7th verse God is reflecting on all He has madeVerse 7 describes the fulness of God's Judgment. It would affect man, beast, creeping thing and fowls. Verse 7 is actually a synopsis of Chapter 7! It describes in advance what would come about in the following chapter.
Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
Gen 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
The last verse above forms a KeyLink with Genesis 6:7.

The same kind of totality of judgment that affects also the animal life is described in the book of Joel on Spoke 7. (1:17-20;2:3)

Victor
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
9) These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Verse 9 theme: Noah exemplifies the 9th commandment, being a just witness to God in his generationThis is the first Bible character to be described as righteous and perfect. The word for "perfect" is thamiym, and it appears in the first verse of the great Psalm 119, which sits on Spoke 9 of Psalms. Compare the two:
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Psa 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
The link is expressed on two levels: Spoke 9 and also Spoke 1 (Genesis - Aleph).

Noah was put on par with Job in terms of righteousness. (Ezekiel 14:14) And Job used cognates of thamiym to describe himself in chapters governed by 9/Tet:
Job 9:21 Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.

Job 31:5,6 If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit, let me be weighed in an even balance, that God may know mine integrity.

Victor
12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Gen 6:10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Verse 9 begins with a catchphrase that characterizes Genesis. The first book of Scripture is structured after the ten toledoth (generations) that divide the portions of the text. Each portion is introduced by the phrase "these are the generations of...". In the case of Noah's toledoth, it starts in Verse 9 and finishes in Chapter 9! The last verse of Chapter 9 coincides with the end of the story of Noah.

Verse 10 of Gen 6 mentions Noah begetting three sons. In perfect agreement with this, Chapter 10 presents the toledoth of the three sons of Noah!
Gen 10:1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
Genesis 10 shows how all the families of the Gentiles descended of these three sons, and we know that Gentiles are symbolized by the Number 10. In the last verse of Genesis 10, we find:
Gen 10:32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

Rose
12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey, look out for more! :winking0071:

:bricks:
Wow! :sBo_reflection2:

Victor
12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
11) The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12) And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13) And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled (male’) with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Verses 11-13 are grouped together into a theme in much the same way those three letters: Caph, Lamed, and Mem group to form the word Melech (king) in the Hebrew alphabet

Verse 13 theme: the earth filled with violenceI can see how verses 11, 12 and 13 are grouped together - they form a unitary structure. But this has nothing to do with Melek (king), which is just another case of Kaph, Lamed and Mem going together. So I cannot consider this a link.

Does anyone have any idea? :pop2:

By the way, let me share what I just noticed. Verses 11-13 form a natural chiastic structure:

A - The earth also was corrupt before God,

B - and the earth was filled with violence.

C - And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

C' - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me;
B' - or the earth is filled with violence through them;
A' - and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

The Hebrew word for "corrupt" in A is the same one as "destroy" in A'! The correspondence is perfect. It makes me think of Revelation 11:18: "destroy them which destroy the earth."

B and B' state essentially the same. C and C' begin with "And God" did this and that. And "all flesh" is also mentioned in both.

Rose
12-09-2009, 11:27 PM

Verse 13 theme: the earth filled with violenceI can see how verses 11, 12 and 13 are grouped together - they form a unitary structure. But this has nothing to do with Melek (king), which is just another case of Kaph, Lamed and Mem going together. So I cannot consider this a link.

Does anyone have any idea? :pop2:

By the way, let me share what I just noticed. Verses 11-13 form a natural chiastic structure:

A - The earth also was corrupt before God,
B - and the earth was filled with violence.
C - And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

C' - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me;
B' - or the earth is filled with violence through them;
A' - and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

The Hebrew word for "corrupt" in A is the same one as "destroy" in A'! The correspondence is perfect. It makes me think of Revelation 11:18: "destroy them which destroy the earth."

B and B' state essentially the same. C and C' begin with "And God" did this and that. And "all flesh" is also mentioned in both.

Very good Victor!

That confirms the thematic link I noticed between those three verses, forming a structured unit declaring the sovereignty of God over the corruption of the earth.

Notice also how A' answers A, B' answers B, and C' answers C. Beautiful!

Rose

Victor
12-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Very good Victor!

That confirms the thematic link I noticed between those three verses, forming a structured unit declaring the sovereignty of God over the corruption of the earth.

Notice also how A' answers A, B' answers B, and C' answers C. Beautiful!

Rose

I think there is indeed a link in verses 11-13 and I'll present it now:

These three verses - 11, 12 and 13 - correspond to the three letters Kaph, Lamed and Mem. If we look at these verses carefully, a little pattern emerges:

Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled [male] with violence.
Gen 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all [kol] flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all [kol] flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled [male] with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
The highlighted words describe the fulness of the state of profound wickedness of the earth - the land was FILLED with violence and ALL flesh was corrupt.

We find that "filled" appears twice (11 and 13), as well as "all" (12 and 13). Now, these two words are written with three active letters: Kaph, Lamed and Mem! "Filled" is written with Mem and Lamed; "all" with Kaph and Lamed. The fulness of sin is revealed in the verses whose corresponding letters combine to describe this fulness!

Victor
12-26-2009, 04:45 PM
I would like to resume my examination of these verses.

14) Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

The mention of "rooms" that should be made in the ark reminds me of the following verse in John 14:

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Just as there are "mansions" in the House of God," there were "rooms" in the ark. This reminds that Noah and family would find rest in those rooms. Rest is the Nun KeyWord Noach, which is the same as Noah.

Verse 14 describes the preparation of the ark, and Christ says that He would "prepare a place" for us. This is explained in Hebrews, Epistle 14, which shows that Christ appeared before God in heaven just as the high priest in Israel entered the Most Holy in the Day of Atonement. (See John 14 - Hebrews (Spoke 14) (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168)) Now, the word for atonement in Hebrew is cognate with the word "pitch" (kaphar) in verse 14 of Gen 6, which was used to cover the ark. It is the first appearance of this word in Scripture and it is maximized in Leviticus in the description of the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur).

The Day of Atonement was the last of the Days of Awe - Yamim Noraim; note that Noraim begins with Nun the 14th Letter.

The plan of the Ark thus seems to typologically picture the plan of redemption.

Rose
12-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I would like to resume my examination of these verses.

The mention of "rooms" that should be made in the ark reminds me of the following verse in John 14:
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Just as there are "mansions" in the House of God," there were "rooms" in the ark. This reminds that Noah and family would find rest in those rooms. Rest is the Nun KeyWord Noach, which is the same as Noah.

Verse 14 describes the preparation of the ark, and Christ says that He would "prepare a place" for us. This is explained in Hebrews, Epistle 14, which shows that Christ appeared before God in heaven just as the high priest in Israel entered the Most Holy in the Day of Atonement. (See John 14 - Hebrews (Spoke 14) (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168)) Now, the word for atonement in Hebrew is cognate with the word "pitch" (kaphar) in verse 14 of Gen 6, which was used to cover the ark. It is the first appearance of this word in Scripture and it is maximized in Leviticus in the description of the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur).

The Day of Atonement was the last of the Days of Awe - Yamim Noraim; note that Noraim begins with Nun the 14th Letter.

The plan of the Ark thus seems to typologically picture the plan of redemption.

Wow! What an amazing connection, perfectly keeping with the Spoke 14 theme of continuance. Having the Ark with it many rooms assured the continuance of the human race through Noah and his family, just as the mansions "abodes" that Jesus went to the Father to prepare for, so that we as believers could receive the Holy Spirit, assuring the continuance of God's living temples.

I love your find showing the close relation between the words "kippur" and "kaphar", again blending with the themes of the 14th Hebrew letter nun, John 14, and the book of Hebrews on Spoke 14, adding greatly to the meaning of the context of verse 14.
Gen.6:14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

Rose

gilgal
12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Geneses 6 displays an interesting thematic/alphabetic structure in its 22 verses, sort of an integration of Spoke correlations and alphabetic keywords. Here is a very brief overview of the whole chapter.

3) And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
6) And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Verse 8 theme: Grace is a chet (8th letter) keyword…. Noah was surrounded by God’s grace
Verse 9 theme: Noah exemplifies the 9th commandment, being a just witness to God in his generation
Verse 10 theme: Yeled is a Yod (10th letter) keyword meaning to give birth to, Noah begat (yoled) three sons

15) And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of itthirty cubits.
Verse 15 theme: Measurements of the structure of the Ark: Length=300 Breadth =50 Height =30. For its support
16) A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it (asah).
17) And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
18) But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
Verse 18 theme: Because of the righteousness of Noah, God said He would establish a covenant with him
19) And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
Verse 19 theme: Flesh, two of all living flesh God told Noah to bring into the Ark
20) Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing (remes) of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
21) And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

Rose
Nice!

gilgal
12-29-2009, 11:18 PM

Bare children is a spoke 4 theme.

gilgal
12-30-2009, 07:08 AM

Three verses in spoke ten:

Genesis 5
32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Genesis 6
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Genesis 10
1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
There seems to be a connection between Noah who is the 10th generation from Adam and the book of Jonah. They both had to do with water, God's anger...

Japheth and Jephtae seem interesting.
Japheth (yod peh tav) is the 11th from Adam and Jephthah (yod peh tav chet) is mentioned in both Judges 11 and Hebrews 11.
The Strong's concordance says Japheth 3315:
"Expansion";
The Strong's concordance says Jephthah 3316:
"He will open"

Rose
12-30-2009, 06:04 PM

Rose

Gen.6:16) A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it (asah).

Another interesting point to note is that verse 16 is the only verse that mentions both window and door correlating with the meaning of the 16th letter Ayin (eye). Windows and doors are associated with looking out of which is what we do with our eyes :winking0071:

Rose

Victor
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Three verses in spoke ten:

Genesis 5
32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Genesis 6
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Genesis 10
1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

Awesome! Here I was making connections between the sons of Noah and the Number 10 and there was a triple connection to Spoke 10 that I didn't see! (I hadn't noticed Gen 5:32)

And of course there is a final reference to Noah's sons in Genesis 10:32.

Gen 10:32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

There seems to be a connection between Noah who is the 10th generation from Adam and the book of Jonah. They both had to do with water, God's anger...

One more link related to genealogy! Great job!

And of course Jonah means Dove and the first mention of dove in the Bible takes place in connection with Noah!

Japheth and Jephtae seem interesting.
Japheth (yod peh tav) is the 11th from Adam and Jephthah (yod peh tav chet) is mentioned in both Judges 11 and Hebrews 11.
The Strong's concordance says Japheth 3315:
"Expansion";
The Strong's concordance says Jephthah 3316:
"He will open"

Good! I'll comment at some other time this link you found on the thread The meaning of the name Jephthah (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1393).

Victor
01-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Verse 15 corresponds to Samek, the 15th Letter, which literally means Support. The base of the ark had an area of 300 x 50 square cubits. This equal 1500, a multiple of 15 - support!

In fact, the whole volume of the ark can be expressed in terms of 15: (15 + 15 + 15) x 10^4 cubic cubits!

Rose
01-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Verse 15 corresponds to Samek, the 15th Letter, which literally means Support. The base of the ark had an area of 300 x 50 square cubits. This equal 1500, a multiple of 15 - support!

In fact, the whole volume of the ark can be expressed in terms of 15: (15 + 15 + 15) x 10^4 cubic cubits!

Talk about support! I think God gave Noah an abundant supply of it...:D

Rose