PDA

View Full Version : Spoke 22 connections

Rose
10-05-2009, 07:58 AM
S.S. 7:13 (book 22)The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.

Rev. 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree andwere for the healing of the nations…..4) And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their forehead.….14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The above verses which begin on Spoke 22 (governed by the Hebrew letter Tav = the cross) in the 22nd book of the Bible: the Song of Solomon, find their completion in the 22nd chapter of Revelation, developing a unique theme between the words; manner of fruits, the gates of the Lord, and our beloved Savior Jesus Christ.

-------------------------------------------------------------

First and Last

Deepening the connections around “22”, there is the first mention of the tree of Life in the first book (beginning) of the Bible, Genesis. Beginning in chapter 3 verse 22 man is driven from the Garden and denied access to the Tree of Life. Cherubim are placed at the east gate to keep them from entering in.
Gen. 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Then in the last book (end) of the Bible: Revelation chapter 22, the Gates are opened and mans access to the Tree of Life is restored.

Rev.22:13-14 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Quite beautiful, wouldn’t you say?

Rose

Victor
10-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Great links!

The exquisite poetry in the Song of Solomon gives rise to several delicate links between this book and Revelation. The Shulamite (in the Song) and the New Jerusalem (in Revelation) are images of the Church. They are both described with much beauty and share characteristics.

This one link about fruits is actually a KJV KeyLink! It is very sensitive to translation, making it very intriguing. The word set is (manner, fruits), which is found nowhere else in the Bible.

As for the tree of life, it is yet another beautiful link that unites Genesis and Revelation, which occupy mirror Spokes on the Wheel. The Bible begins and ends with the tree of life.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2e5496r.gif

God denies the right to the tree of life in Genesis 3:22 and restores it in Revelation 22:14. You point out the correspondence between the Number 22 in both passages. Add to it the fact that the remaining numbers, 3 and 14, reside on the same diameter of the Alphabetic Circle.

The Book of Revelation does like to mention the "tree of life". It also appears elsewhere:
Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
The tree of life has traditionally been interpreted as the Wood of the Cross! And we know that the 22nd Letter Tav that governs Song of Solomon and Revelation is a symbol of the Cross. Behold the Tree of Life!

http://www.judahsglory.com/etzchaimyshua.png

The fruit of this Tree - the flesh and blood of Christ - is for the healing of the Church. It is appropriate that the Shulamite speaks of her Beloved as a Tree:
Son 2:3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Son 2:4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Such sweet Love! Such delicious Fruit! Blessed are they that have the right to the Tree of Life!

Victor

P.S.: There are more links such as these in another thread: Song of Solomon and Revelation (spoke 22) (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086).

Rose
10-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Spokes 1 and 22 have the greatest significance of all the Spokes because of their placement on the Bible Wheel. Jesus called Himself the First and the Last, giving much weight to things having to do with beginnings and endings. The First and Last Spokes of the Bible Wheel manifest many themes that are found only in those Spokes. In my last post I touched on the theme of the “Tree of Life” (that is the Tree of Life in the Garden), which is found only in the first book of the Bible, Genesis on Spoke 1, and the last book in the Bible, Revelation on Spoke 22.

Another strong thematic connection between the First and Last Spokes of the Bible Wheel is found in Isaiah (Spoke 1) and Revelation(Spoke 22). When one reads the text of Isaiah 60 it’s almost like reading Revelation 21. Nowhere else in the entire Bible is the theme of the Lord being the light of the city, whose gates are not shut day or night, and drawing to itself nations of Gentiles and Kings found.

Isa. 60:1-3 (Spoke 1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising…..11) Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men maybring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.

Rev. 21:22-26 (Spoke 22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

The treasures never end!

God Bless

Rose

Rose
10-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Great links!

The exquisite poetry in the Song of Solomon gives rise to several delicate links between this book and Revelation. The Shulamite (in the Song) and the New Jerusalem (in Revelation) are images of the Church. They are both described with much beauty and share characteristics.

This one link about fruits is actually a KJV KeyLink! It is very sensitive to translation, making it very intriguing. The word set is (manner, fruits), which is found nowhere else in the Bible.

As for the tree of life, it is yet another beautiful link that unites Genesis and Revelation, which occupy mirror Spokes on the Wheel. The Bible begins and ends with the tree of life.

http://mob47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/tntdzns/Kabbalahtreeoflife.gif

God denies the right to the tree of life in Genesis 3:22 and restores it in Revelation 22:14. You point out the correspondence between the Number 22 in both passages. Add to it the fact that the remaining numbers, 3 and 14, reside on the same diameter of the Alphabetic Circle.

The Book of Revelation does like to mention the "tree of life". It also appears elsewhere:
Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
The tree of life has traditionally been interpreted as the Wood of the Cross! And we know that the 22nd Letter Tav that governs Song of Solomon and Revelation is a symbol of the Cross. Behold the Tree of Life!

http://www.judahsglory.com/etzchaimyshua.png

The fruit of this Tree - the flesh and blood of Christ - is for the healing of the Church. It is appropriate that the Shulamite speaks of her Beloved as a Tree:
Son 2:3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Son 2:4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
Such sweet Love! Such delicious Fruit! Blessed are they that have the right to the Tree of Life!

Victor

P.S.: There are more links such as these in another thread: Song of Solomon and Revelation (spoke 22) (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086).

Great follow up.....:signthankspin:

Isn't it amazing that everywhere one looks in Scripture abundant treasures are found, and living water pours forth!

Many blessings to you Victor for all your diligent work....it is much appreciated. :D

Rose

Victor
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Great follow up.....:signthankspin:

Isn't it amazing that everywhere one looks in Scripture abundant treasures are found, and living water pours forth!

Many blessings to you Victor for all your diligent work....it is much appreciated. :D

Rose

It is amazing! Everywhere we look we find new deeply spiritual and artistic connections.

I should also add that the Hebrew phrase in the picture above translates as "Tree of Life."

Victor
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
What a grand finale we find in the Last Spoke! Through her existance, the Church does the commandments of the Lord. For all this hard work she is rewarded by being granted the right to the tree of life. As she enters through the gates of New Jerusalem, she offers all the fruit of her hands, her works in this life, as a sacrifice to her Beloved.

This is all summarized in symbolic language in Bible passages governed by the letter Tav. Check it out:

The Church does the commandments of the Lord. For all this hard work she is rewarded by being granted the right to the tree of life.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
As she enters through the gates of New Jerusalem, she offers all the fruit of her hands, her works in this life, as a sacrifice to her Beloved.
Son 7:13 The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.
And all of this is encapsulated in a Tav alphabetic verse! It is the final acrostic verse of the praise of the Virtuous Woman, who is an image of the Church!
Tav - Pro 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
The Bride of Christ offers Him all her works, the fruit of her hands, and now it the time for her to receive her due, as she enter the gates of the Holy City. The conclusion of the praise of the Virtuous Woman coincides with the climax of all Scripture!

Note the common themes:
My reward is with me [Christ], to give every man according as his work shall be!
[Husband,] Give her of the fruit of her hands!
They may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Her own works praise her in the gates.
Fruits... which I have laid up...
The fruit of her hands...
At our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits.
Let her own works praise her in the gates.We have a KeyLink based upon an Alphabetic Verse! It is (give, fruit*, gates), which picks Proverbs 31:31 and Song 7:13. Note that "give" is the word in the Alphabetic Verse that begins with Tav. There's also a near KeyLink that is very similar to the first: (give, work*, gates), within three verses, which picks Proverbs 31:31 and Revelation 22:12-14.

It is just... amazing!

Rose
10-06-2009, 02:56 PM
What a grand finale we find in the Last Spoke! Through her existance, the Church does the commandments of the Lord. For all this hard work she is rewarded by being granted the right to the tree of life. As she enters through the gates of New Jerusalem, she offers all the fruit of her hands, her works in this life, as a sacrifice to her Beloved.

This is all summarized in symbolic language in Bible passages governed by the letter Tav. Check it out:

The Church does the commandments of the Lord. For all this hard work she is rewarded by being granted the right to the tree of life.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
As she enters through the gates of New Jerusalem, she offers all the fruit of her hands, her works in this life, as a sacrifice to her Beloved.
Son 7:13 The mandrakes give a smell, and at our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits, new and old, which I have laid up for thee, O my beloved.
And all of this is encapsulated in a Tav alphabetic verse! It is the final acrostic verse of the praise of the Virtuous Woman, who is an image of the Church!
Tav - Pro 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
The Bride of Christ offers Him all her works, the fruit of her hands, and now it the time for her to receive her due, as she enter the gates of the Holy City. The conclusion of the praise of the Virtuous Woman coincides with the climax of all Scripture!

Note the common themes:
My reward is with me [Christ], to give every man according as his work shall be!
[Husband,] Give her of the fruit of her hands!
They may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Her own works praise her in the gates.
Fruits... which I have laid up...
The fruit of her hands...
At our gates are all manner of pleasant fruits.
Let her own works praise her in the gates.We have a KeyLink based upon an Alphabetic Verse! It is (give, fruit*, gates), which picks Proverbs 31:31 and Song 7:13. Note that "give" is the word in the Alphabetic Verse that begins with Tav. There's also a near KeyLink that is very similar to the first: (give, work*, gates), within three verses, which picks Proverbs 31:31 and Revelation 22:12-14.

It is just... amazing!

WOW! :woah: :woah: I'm stunned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose

Victor
10-06-2009, 05:02 PM
WOW! :woah: :woah: I'm stunned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose

YES, it is stunning! I discovered the KeyLink when I was searching for a common set of concepts shared by Song 7:13 and Revelation 22:14. I was suprised when the exact three passages that I quote above were picked up: all governed by Tav with one being an Acrostic itself!

The search consisted in looking for verses that had 'gates' with either 'fruit*' or 'tree*'. It produced a triple KeyLink!

Rose
10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
YES, it is stunning! I discovered the KeyLink when I was searching for a common set of concepts shared by Song 7:13 and Revelation 22:14. I was suprised when the exact three passages that I quote above were picked up: all governed by Tav with one being an Acrostic itself!

The search consisted in looking for verses that had 'gates' with either 'fruit*' or 'tree*'. It produced a triple KeyLink!

I had a strong sense that there was a connection in Proverbs 31, because of the mention of "gates" in verse 31, but I totally missed the TAV link with "give".

It still amazes me that even though the Bible Wheel has been around for 14 years there are still connections of the magnitude that was just found.

Rose

Victor
10-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I had a strong sense that there was a connection in Proverbs 31, because of the mention of "gates" in verse 31, but I totally missed the TAV link with "give".

Wow, had you noticed there was a connection in Proverbs 31 to our verses in Song and Revelation? When I noticed yesterday that there was a common set of words uniting the three verses, all I had to do was to meditate for a while on the biblical doctrines of God rewarding us for our works and the living sacrifices we offer to God to understand how the passages were all interconnected.

The word for "give" in Proverbs 31:31 is Nathan, which is conjugated in the imperative and so begins with Tav. The word "give" is then an important element that links the concepts in Pro 31, Sng 7 and Rev 22.

It still amazes me that even though the Bible Wheel has been around for 14 years there are still connections of the magnitude that was just found.

Rose

Hey, we haven't seen nothing yet! There's much more to found and documented! :Investigate: :bricks:

Victor
10-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Just as the Church, the New Jerusalem, is rewarded for her good works, so is Babylon the Great, the woman who is her polar opposite in Revelation, rewarded for evil deeds.

Proverbs 31:31 says "Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." In the Septuagint, the phrase "give her" was translated as "δοτε αυτηι". In the New Testament, this phrase occurs only once: in the Book of Revelation!

Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her [δοτε αυτηι]: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
This is incredible. The destiny of the Virtuous and the Wicked Women of Revelation are antecipated in the Tav Alphabetic Verse of Proverbs 31! And the same words are uniquely used!!

Richard Amiel McGough
10-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Just as the Church, the New Jerusalem, is rewarded for her good works, so is Babylon the Great, the woman who is her polar opposite in Revelation, rewarded for evil deeds.

Proverbs 31:31 says "Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." In the Septuagint, the phrase "give her" was translated as "δοτε αυτηι". In the New Testament, this phrase occurs only once: in the Book of Revelation!
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her [δοτε αυτηι]: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
This is incredible. The destiny of the Virtuous and the Wicked Women of Revelation are antecipated in the Tav Alphabetic Verse of Proverbs 31! And the same words are uniquely used!!
And there is more! Consider these two sequential Tav verses from the alphabetically structured passages of Lamentations and compare them to the two sequential verses in Revelation:
TAV (Lam 3:64) Render (tashiv) unto them a recompence, O LORD, according to the work of their hands

TAV (Lam 3:65) Give (titen) them sorrow of heart, thy curse unto them.

TAV (Rev 18:6) Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

TAV (Rev 18:7) How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.I am STUNNED! We have a perfect alphabetic + thematic correlation!

Richard

Rose
10-07-2009, 01:20 PM

This is incredible. The destiny of the Virtuous and the Wicked Women of Revelation are antecipated in the Tav Alphabetic Verse of Proverbs 31! And the same words are uniquely used!! And there is more! Consider these two sequential Tav verses from the alphabetically structured passages of Lamentations and compare them to the two sequential verses in Revelation:
TAV (Lam 3:64) Render (tashiv) unto them a recompence, O LORD, according to the work of their hands

TAV (Lam 3:65) Give (titen) them sorrow of heart, thy curse unto them.

TAV (Rev 18:6) Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

TAV (Rev 18:7) How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.I am STUNNED! We have a perfect alphabetic + thematic correlation!

Richard

Come on guys! As soon as I get up off the floor.... :sBo_reflection2: I'm knocked down again.....:rofl::bounce: This is so incredible, I'm walking around in a daze...:dizzy:

Rose

Victor
10-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh sure! There's much more! The final three verses in Lamentations 3 begin with Tav and they are all very apocalyptic! There are several KeyLinks to Revelation in these passages. Consider for example:

Theme: A reward according to the work of their hands
KeyLink Search set: (reward/recompense, according, work)
Verses:
Lam 3:64 Render unto them a recompence, O LORD, according to the work of their hands.

Theme: The Lord renders recompense
Link Search set: (render*, recompense, Lord)
Verses:
Lam 3:64 Render unto them a recompence, O LORD, according to the work of their hands.
Isa 66:6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
In this case we have a link with Isaiah 66 which is functionally equivalent to Book 66 (Revelation). This search also picks Jeremiah 51:6 which is the oracle against Babylon that serves as a template for the prophecy against Mystery Babylon in Revelation.

Theme: Give them sorrow of heart
Link Search set: (give, sorrow, heart)
Verses:
Lam 3:65 Give them sorrow of heart, thy curse unto them.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.This is not a KeyLink because it also picks up Deuteronomy 28:65.

Theme: "Destroy them!"
KeyLink Search set: (ang*, destroy, them)
Verses in context:
Lam 3:66 Persecute and destroy them in anger from under the heavens of the LORD.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
Those are the two final occurrences of the phrase "destroy them" in the Bible. Note that the word "destroy" in Lamentations is conjugated and so begins with Tav, just like "persecute".

This is an absolute wonder. I wish I had the time to expound the countless links that can be found everytime we explore the Bible in its grander context of a unified book.

Richard Amiel McGough
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Oh sure! There's much more! The final three verses in Lamentations 3 begin with Tav and they are all very apocalyptic! There are several KeyLinks to Revelation in these passages. Consider for example:

Theme: A reward according to the work of their hands
KeyLink Search set: (reward/recompense, according, work)
Verses:

Theme: The Lord renders recompense
Link Search set: (render*, recompense, Lord)
Verses:
Isa 66:6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
In this case we have a link with Isaiah 66 which is functionally equivalent to Book 66 (Revelation). This search also picks Jeremiah 51:6 which is the oracle against Babylon that serves as a template for the prophecy against Mystery Babylon in Revelation.

Theme: Give them sorrow of heart
Link Search set: (give, sorrow, heart)
Verses:
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.This is not a KeyLink because it also picks up Deuteronomy 28:65.

Theme: "Destroy them!"
KeyLink Search set: (ang*, destroy, them)
Verses in context:
Lam 3:66 Persecute and destroy them in anger from under the heavens of the LORD.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
Those are the two final occurrences of the phrase "destroy them" in the Bible. Note that the word "destroy" in Lamentations is conjugated and so begins with Tav, just like "persecute".

This is an absolute wonder. I wish I had the time to expound the countless links that can be found everytime we explore the Bible in its grander context of a unified book.
Wow .. they are all KeyLinks! Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Thanks bro ... I was hoping you would expand on this theme cuz I got work to do too. But now that these links have been posted, we are sure to find time to flesh them out a bit.

God bless you bro - you are a true ally and fellow-worker in this wonderful field of the Lord's Word.

Richard

Victor
10-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow .. they are all KeyLinks! Amazing, amazing, amazing!

Thanks bro ... I was hoping you would expand on this theme cuz I got work to do too. But now that these links have been posted, we are sure to find time to flesh them out a bit.

God bless you bro - you are a true ally and fellow-worker in this wonderful field of the Lord's Word.

Richard

Let us rejoice with the infinite wonders of God's Word!

It is a pleasure to serve the Lord shoulder to shoulder with you in the proclamation of the Gospel.

Richard Amiel McGough
10-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Let us rejoice with the infinite wonders of God's Word!

It is a pleasure to serve the Lord shoulder to shoulder with you in the proclamation of the Gospel.
Have you looked recently at the Table of Alphabetic Links and KeyLinks (http://www.biblewheel.com/Topics/Alphabetic_Structure.asp)? There are many that need to be added - especially the Tav KeyLinks from Lamentations to Revelation. And I think there are many others that have been posted in this forum that have not been added. I hope to get to that soon. I haven't updated the table for a few years! :sEm_oops:

Richard

Victor
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Have you looked recently at the Table of Alphabetic Links and KeyLinks (http://www.biblewheel.com/Topics/Alphabetic_Structure.asp)? There are many that need to be added - especially the Tav KeyLinks from Lamentations to Revelation. And I think there are many others that have been posted in this forum that have not been added. I hope to get to that soon. I haven't updated the table for a few years! :sEm_oops:

Richard

It is always good to come back to that table - it powerfully encourages us to see the grand glory of the Holy Structure of God's Most Excellent Word! I always come back to it from time to time.

Yes, the table hasn't been updated for quite a while! :sEm_oops: There are articles on the website that have not been mentioned anywhere, like Zephaniah: Pollution of God's House (http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Nun_Pollution.asp).And there are several alphabetic links documented on the forum as well.

Mad Mick
03-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Richard,
I noticed how you displayed the 22 chapters of Revelation on a 5th inner circle. Are you planning on making that the prefered model in the future? If not, why?
Mick

Richard Amiel McGough
03-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Richard,
I noticed how you displayed the 22 chapters of Revelation on a 5th inner circle. Are you planning on making that the prefered model in the future? If not, why?
Mick
I included the 22 chapters of Revelation for meditation upon that pattern. But there are many other patterns too, so I can not include them all. For example, there is no easy way to "show" the Isaiah-Bible correlation. I could but "Genesis - Isaiah 1" in Cell 1, and "Exodus-Isaiah 2" in Cell 2 and so forth, but it gets too crowded. Less is more. The users merely have to remember to hold those correlations in their minds - which is good exercise anyway.

So the representation that I prefer includes only the elements that are absolutely necessary to understand the Symbol. These are

1) The Alphabetic Circle
2) The 66 Books
3) The colors to show the seven divisions of the Canon Wheel

Here it is:

http://biblewheel.com/intro/images/colorBW_500.jpg

Any questions, insights, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So what do you think about this design? Does it have any meaning for you?

Richard

Mad Mick
03-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Richard, do you see any future merrit for the extension of the spokes to seperate, Rev. from Romans, Ephes. from Phili. and 2Peter from 1John. I vaguely recall there was a reference to this but forget where and what your answer was.
Mick

Richard Amiel McGough
03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Richard, do you see any future merrit for the extension of the spokes to seperate, Rev. from Romans, Ephes. from Phili. and 2Peter from 1John. I vaguely recall there was a reference to this but forget where and what your answer was.
Mick
Yes, the pattern extends to Cycle 3 (in a less obvious way). I talk about this a little bit in Part I, Chapter 6 of the Bible Wheel book (source (http://biblewheel.com/book/Chapters/Chapt06.asp)). There is a coherent structure of the first two Cycles.

Spokes 1-5: Torah & Major Prophets
Spokes 6-17: 12 OT History & 12 Minor Prophets
Spokes 18-22: Wisdom & 5 NT History Books

Furthermore, the divisions containing 12 books subdivide in accordance with the Babylonian Exile:

Spokes 6-14: 9 Pre-exilic History & Minor Prophets
Spokes 15-17: 3 Post-exilic History & Minor Prophets

Here is how these patterns look on the Wheel:

http://biblewheel.com/Canon/OT_Symmetry.gif

Note that I extended the line between Spokes 14 and 15 into the 3rd Cycle. This marks out the first 14 Epistles which is the entire corpus of Pauline Epistles (assuming, along with tradition, that Hebrews is Pauline). And it marks out the three "Epistles to the Scattered" (James & 1,2 Peter). The Epistles to the Scattered align with the Post-exilic books on the first two Cycles.

If find it extremely interesting that the Number 14 plays a central role in this structure:

Cycle 1: 14 History books preceding the Babylonian Exile
Cycle 2: 14 Prophetic books preceding the Babylonian Exile
Cycle 3: 14 Epistles of Paul

A similar pattern is found in the text of Scripture, in the genealogy of Jesus Christ which also is divided by the Babylonian Exile:

So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and
from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and
from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

This is an example of the amazing self-reflection of the content of Scripture in its form.

Keep the questions coming! I love answering them.

Richard

Victor
03-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Richard,
Mick

I included the 22 chapters of Revelation for meditation upon that pattern. But there are many other patterns too, so I can not include them all.

The 22 chapters of Revelation are in fact displayed as a fifth cycle in one of the pictures on the main site. But though this idea is somewhat interesting, it can make matters worse for someone who is trying to understand the basics of the Bible Wheel concept. Revelation is an Inner Wheel, so this "5th inner circle" is actually "inside" Cell 66 of the Bible Wheel.

But it is actually very beautiful to note that Revelation has exactly 22 Chapters, coinciding with the number of letters of the Hebrew Alphabet. So the Final Book is the Alphabetic Capstone of Scripture, which itself is the alphabetically-structured Work of God!