PDA

View Full Version : The Verse Chain Game

Richard Amiel McGough
06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
The game of Verse Chains is an edifying form of entertainment. The first person picks a verse, and comments on it if they like (you don't have to comment, but its a good part of the game).

The next person then picks a verse that has a word or phrase in common with the first verse. I will start by playing the first three rounds.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I chose that verse because it is the first verse of the Bible, and if you believe it, you have the key to the proper understanding of all creation. I also picked it because I like where it leads in the game of Verse Chains:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This verse actually has two links - the phrase "In the beginning" and the word "God". This an example of the more advanced version of Verse Chains that requires two, three, or four common words. If you play that game, you should note it in the title like this "Verse Chain with 2 words" or 3, or 4, as you like. I will end my turn with one of my favorite verses (I'm a "Word of God" kinda guy):

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

RAM

Rose
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

RAM

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Richard Amiel McGough
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Rose
06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.

Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of rigthteousness.

Richard Amiel McGough
06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Ephesians 6:14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness.

Psalm 111:8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

What stand forever? What are done in truth? The Works of God's Hands! (previous verse, 111:7)

Rose
06-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Psalm 111:8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

What stand forever? What are done in truth? The Works of God's Hands! (previous verse, 111:7)

Isaiah 26:7 The way of the just is uprightness; O Most Upright, You weigh the path of the just.

Richard Amiel McGough
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Isaiah 26:7 The way of the just is uprightness; O Most Upright, You weigh the path of the just.
Most Upright! Now there is a wonderful title of God.

Job 1:1 ¶ There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Rose
06-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Most Upright! Now there is a wonderful title of God.

Job 1:1 ¶ There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Job being a perfect and upright man makes me think of Noah.

Gen. 6:9 ......Noah was a just man,perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

Richard Amiel McGough
06-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Job being a perfect and upright man makes me think of Noah.

Gen. 6:9 ......Noah was a just man,perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

Well ... so you want perfection, do you? Here it is:

2 Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

arnion
06-07-2007, 09:38 PM
The contrast of our position and the perfection of our Savior is a treat to ponder. And the Bible helps do that. This verse catches my mind tonight:

The law appointed high priests who were limited by human weakness. But after the law was given, God appointed his Son with an oath, and his Son has been made the perfect High Priest forever. -NLT Hebrews 7:28

Why? Because the verse this comes from in Hebrews chapter 7 here is a perfect number...
28 = the sum of it's factors = 1 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 14

Richard Amiel McGough
06-08-2007, 06:59 AM
The contrast of our position and the perfection of our Savior is a treat to ponder. And the Bible helps do that. This verse catches my mind tonight:

The law appointed high priests who were limited by human weakness. But after the law was given, God appointed his Son with an oath, and his Son has been made the perfect High Priest forever. -NLT Hebrews 7:28

Why? Because the verse this comes from in Hebrews chapter 7 here is a perfect number...
A verse number mnemonic! Good choice, Arnion. I love it. Both the chapter number 7 and the verse number 28 are related to perfection in different ways (7 as a symbolic number, and 28 as a mathematically perfect number because it equals the sum of its divisors) and the numbers are further related by the fact that 28 is the seventh triangular number, Tri(7) = 28, and both these numbers relate to Genesis 1:1 which God composed with 7 words and 28 letters! I could go on ... <snicker>. I think I'll start a thread on Bible structure mnemonics.

Getting back to the verse chain, here is a reminder about what our High Priest and Saviour had to suffer for us:

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Richard

Rose
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM

I couldn't resist also quoting from Hebrews, one of my favorite books in the Bible.:)

Hebrews 12: 23 " to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,"

Richard Amiel McGough
06-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I couldn't resist also quoting from Hebrews, one of my favorite books in the Bible.:)

Hebrews 12: 23 " to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,"
Hey, that links to one of my favorites! I have to quote the whole passage, since one verse just doesn't do justice to the doctrine of the Deity of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

Colossians 1:15-18 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Victor
06-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Colossians 1:15-18 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Richard Amiel McGough
06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Very nice, also one of my favorites. Did you notice that your verse also shares the idea of "image" - only now its we made in the image of Christ, and in Colossians it was Christ who is the image of God. Nice sequence.

Its a good thing we don't have to worry about getting there!

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Victor
06-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Did you notice that your verse also shares the idea of "image"?

No! I was thinking in "Aleph" terms, not in Beth! Firstborn is linked to Spoke 1 because of its preeminence (aleph), but it also touches on Spoke 2 - Boker, Exo 4:22.

Both Col 1 and Romans share the image theme, which is more closely linked to Two and Bet. It is a repeating pattern: many times Spoke 1 encloses themes linked to Spoke 2, like The First Commandment (with its reference to "other gods", amplified in the Second), the First Day (where we find the first "division" (though its a secondary feature of that day)) and Deutero-Isaiah, where we find many concepts related to the number 2, like Image and idols.

But back to Spoke 1:

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.

Predestination is an Aleph concept!

Richard Amiel McGough
06-09-2007, 03:26 PM
No! I was thinking in "Aleph" terms, not in Beth! Firstborn is linked to Spoke 1 because of its preeminence (aleph), but it also touches on Spoke 2 - Boker, Exo 4:22.

Both Col 1 and Romans share the image theme, which is more closely linked to Two and Bet. It is a repeating pattern: many times Spoke 1 encloses themes linked to Spoke 2, like The First Commandment (with its reference to "other gods", amplified in the Second), the First Day (where we find the first "division" (though its a secondary feature of that day)) and Deutero-Isaiah, where we find many concepts related to the number 2, like Image and idols.

I agree. The consecutive letters have many "links" and overlaps. You have touched upon an ancient idea. The image below is from Aryeh Kaplan's translation of the Bahir, one of the oldest Jewish book outside of Scripture, which discusses the reasons for the shapes of the letters. It explains "Aleph" as a containing Bet within itself (represented by the white part at the top):

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/aleph_bet_Bahir.gif

Note that the Bahir speaks of man formed by God "with wisdom". That is B'Chokmah in Hebrew, and it links back to Genesis 1:1 because Reshith links to Wisdom because Ps 111:10 says Reshit Chokmah Yireh YHVH (The Beginning of Wisdom is the Fear of the Lord), but this also can be read as Reshit (Beginning) is Wisdom, which then connects Creation and the First word Bereshith with the verse that says God create everything with His Wisdom:

Psalm 104:24 24 O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom (b'chokmah) hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

We could have quite a thread on these topics. Obviously, I'm going to have to create a sub-forum so we can sort out the good from the bad of the Jewish tradition, since I know that many folks will stumble over any reference to it at all.

But getting back to your post ...

But back to Spoke 1:

Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.

Predestination is an Aleph concept!

OK! Here, I'll take a word from your verse, namely adoption, and also link it to the ultimate Aleph concept of God the Father!

Romans (Spoke 1) 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Av, the first word of the Hebrew language, proclaims the nature of the Triune God who designed it!

Victor
06-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Thank you Richard!

Romans (Spoke 1) 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Richard Amiel McGough
06-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Thank you Richard!

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

gilgal
06-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Daniel 4:20
The tree that thou sawest, which grew, and was strong, whose height reached unto the heaven, and the sight thereof to all the earth;

Richard Amiel McGough
06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Daniel 4:20
The tree that thou sawest, which grew, and was strong, whose height reached unto the heaven, and the sight thereof to all the earth;

Nebuchadnezzar's dream had a lot in common with the Tower of Babel:

Genesis 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

gilgal
06-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Nebuchadnezzar's dream had a lot in common with the Tower of Babel:

Genesis 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

1 Kings 22
17And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.

Note: The 11th book 1Kings starts with the building of the Temple and the attention it got from the surrounding nations and ends with the scattering of Israel, similar to Genesis 11.

Richard Amiel McGough
06-16-2007, 03:17 PM
1 Kings 22
17And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.

Note: The 11th book 1Kings starts with the building of the Temple and the attention it got from the surrounding nations and ends with the scattering of Israel, similar to Genesis 11.
Yes, that the link to "scattering" and the tower/temple is interesting. My wife noted the other day that the split in the Kingdom happened in 1 Kings 11:11, so it was indexed as 11:11:11. This is interesting because 11 is exactly half of 22, and the Number 22 defines the structure of the whole Bible.

Getting back to the game ... your verse links to a verse that shows all of us who have been scattered by the ravages of sin the way back to God:

Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Geoffrey
07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Matthew 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

1 Peter 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Richard Amiel McGough
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
1 Peter 5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Proverbs 4:9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

shalag
07-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Proverbs 4:9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

Esther 2:17 The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.

Abigail
07-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Esther 2:17 The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.

Job 31:36 Surely I would carry it on my shoulder; I would bind it to myself like a crown.

Geoffrey
07-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Job 31:36 Surely I would carry it on my shoulder; I would bind it to myself like a crown.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Richard Amiel McGough
07-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 10:21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

Abigail
07-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Isaiah 10:21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

Matthew 8:11 And I say to you that many shall come from east and west, and and recline at the table with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven

shalag
07-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Matthew 8:11 And I say to you that many shall come from east and west, and and recline at the table with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Richard Amiel McGough
07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

(I think that also answers the question about "who are the children of God" - children of Abraham after the flesh, or all who enter in to the eternal Covenant with God through Faith in Jesus Christ?)

shalag
07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

(I think that also answers the question about "who are the children of God" - children of Abraham after the flesh, or all who enter in to the eternal Covenant with God through Faith in Jesus Christ?)

2Corinthians 12:18 I urged Titus, and sent our brother with him. Did Titus take advantage of you? Did we not walk in the same spirit? Did we not walk in the same steps?

Richard Amiel McGough
07-27-2007, 09:51 PM
2Corinthians 12:18 I urged Titus, and sent our brother with him. Did Titus take advantage of you? Did we not walk in the same spirit? Did we not walk in the same steps?

1 Corinthians 12:4 4 ¶ Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

Craig
07-28-2007, 06:51 AM
1 Corinthians 12:4 4 ¶ Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

A blessing from GOD to all this day, I pray :pray: in the name of our LORD, Jesus.

I will take the singular form of GIFTS, and supply the following from Paul:

2ti 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

This puts me in mind of the agency we all may have through Christ Jesus to impart gifts of the Spirit, as well as exercise those which we have been given. Paul exhorts Timothy to "stir up" the gift in him, no doubt working out in practice his salvation, for his purification as well as for the edification of others.

Rose
07-28-2007, 08:16 AM
2ti 1:6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.

Psalm 77:6 "I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart, and my spirit makes diligent search."

This brings to mind that Gods Word should be a constant meditation in our hearts, and something we search for diligently!

Rose

shalag
07-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Psalm 77:6 "I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart, and my spirit makes diligent search."

This brings to mind that Gods Word should be a constant meditation in our hearts, and something we search for diligently!

Rose

2Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Richard Amiel McGough
07-28-2007, 03:51 PM
2Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Corinthians 6:1-10 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

I couldn't help myself ... there was too much good Scripture there to clip any of it out. I like the way that one verse in 2 Timothy 2:15 is "stretched out" into ten verses in 2 Corinthians 6:1-10.

RAM

shalag
07-28-2007, 08:45 PM
2 Corinthians 6:1-10 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) 3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, 5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; 10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

I couldn't help myself ... there was too much good Scripture there to clip any of it out. I like the way that one verse in 2 Timothy 2:15 is "stretched out" into ten verses in 2 Corinthians 6:1-10.

RAM

2Corinthians 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ?--I speak as a fool--I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often.

2Corinthians 11:27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness-- 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches.

Rose
07-28-2007, 10:37 PM
2Corinthians 11:27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness-- 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches.

Matt 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled"

What a wonderful promise the Lord gives us!

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
07-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Matt 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled"

What a wonderful promise the Lord gives us!

Rose

Luke 3:5-6 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; 6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Rose
07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Luke 3:5-6 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; 6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Zech.4:7 "Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone, with shouts of 'Grace, grace to it'"

The capstone! what a wonder to behold! Praise God forevermore!

Rose

shalag
07-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Zech.4:7 "Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone, with shouts of 'Grace, grace to it'"

The capstone! what a wonder to behold! Praise God forevermore!

Rose

James 4:6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble

Grace abounds!

Rose
07-30-2007, 10:18 PM
James 4:6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble

Grace abounds!

James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

Praise God for His mercy!

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
07-30-2007, 10:49 PM
James 4:10 "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

Praise God for His mercy!

Rose
Luke 1:15 15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

The same John the Baptist who was "great" in the sight of the Lord said "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30). Let us be like him!

shalag
07-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Luke 1:15 15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

The same John the Baptist who was "great" in the sight of the Lord said "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30). Let us be like him!

Mark 10:43 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.

Amazing that He says to us John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, but friends…

Geoffrey
07-31-2007, 09:52 AM
Mark 10:43 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant.

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

shalag
07-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Luke 18:39 And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.

Perseverance!

Richard Amiel McGough
07-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Luke 18:39 And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me.

Perseverance!

Isaiah 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

Let us thank God for His perseverance watching over us!

Geoffrey
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Isaiah 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Richard Amiel McGough
07-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Luke 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

This is an excellent example of wordplay in the Bible. The word "stones" in Hebrew is Ehvenim, which is a play on Benim (Sons). Even more interesting is the fact that the union of the words for Father (Aleph KeyWord Av) and Son (Bet KeyWord Ben) form the word Stone Ehven when the "Father and the Son" share the same Bet (House):

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/StoneOfProphecy.gif

This also shows how God designed the Hebrew Alphabet on the Pattern of the Trinity. Amazing stuff!

See this article: http://www.biblewheel.com/RR/SY_Even.asp

Rose
07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Luke 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Gen. 17:5 "No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations."

Rose

shalag
07-31-2007, 03:51 PM
This is an excellent example of wordplay in the Bible. The word "stones" in Hebrew is Ehvenim, which is a play on Benim (Sons). Even more interesting is the fact that the union of the words for Father (Aleph KeyWord Av) and Son (Bet KeyWord Ben) form the word Stone Ehven when the "Father and the Son" share the same Bet (House):

http://www.biblewheel.com/images/StoneOfProphecy.gif
Matthew 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

The rejection was not only of the Son, but of the Father-Son relationship.

Richard Amiel McGough
07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Gen. 17:5 "No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations."

Rose
Romans 4:17 17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

This is one of the most amazing Spoke 1 KeyLinks. The promise that Abraham would be the father of many nations (goyim = Gentiles, think on that for a while) is found only the Gen 17:4 and Rom 4:17 - 18. Interesting symmetry on the verse numbers to 17:4 <> 4:17.

Anyway, the thing so utterly amazing about this KeyLink is that it is based on the Aleph KeyWord Av = Father , the first Person of the Trinity, so we see the Promise of God echoing the nature of God and built into the structure of the Holy Word!

Can I say "wow" now?

Richard

PS - This is all explained on pages 65-67 of the Bible Wheel book. See Spoke 1 (http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Aleph_Abraham.asp) online.

shalag
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM

Rose

Genesis 32:28 And He said, "Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed."

Richard Amiel McGough
07-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Matthew 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

The rejection was not only of the Son, but of the Father-Son relationship.

Well said.

Since we posted at almost exactly the same time, your post didn't get a response, so I'll do it now.

Luke 20:17-19 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? 18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 19 ¶ And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

Rose
07-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Luke 20:17-19 And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? 18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. 19 ¶ And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs will follow those who believe; In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Rose

shalag
07-31-2007, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Rose;1512]Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs will follow those who believe; In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Rose[/QUOTE

James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Rose
08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Acts 2:46-47 "So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved."

Praise God for Pentecost! And may the Lord continue to add to the church daily :pray:

Rose

shalag
08-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Acts 2:46-47 "So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved."

Praise God for Pentecost! And may the Lord continue to add to the church daily :pray:

Rose
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity* that is in Christ.

Our reasonable service - to transform our mind to the mind of Christ!

Victor
08-03-2007, 08:05 AM
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

The words above form a KeyLink between the third epistle and the third chapter of Genesis (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis03.asp).

Richard Amiel McGough
08-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

The words above form a KeyLink between the third epistle and the third chapter of Genesis (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis03.asp).

Isaiah 3:10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.

It also forms a very strong link to Isaiah 3 (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Isaiah/Isaiah03.asp) and the Third Seal (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Isaiah/Isaiah03_Famine.asp) based on the idea of eating which is a primary theme of the Third Book, Leviticus (Note the first sin in Genesis 3 was a violation of the first Dietary Law).

shalag
08-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Isaiah 3:10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.

It also forms a very strong link to Isaiah 3 (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Isaiah/Isaiah03.asp) and the Third Seal (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Isaiah/Isaiah03_Famine.asp) based on the idea of eating which is a primary theme of the Third Book, Leviticus (Note the first sin in Genesis 3 was a violation of the first Dietary Law).

Deuteronomy 5:29 = (3x13) Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and withtheir children forever!

Richard Amiel McGough
08-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Deuteronomy 5:29 = (3x13) Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever!

That phrase is characteristic of Deuteronomy, the first book on Spoke 5. It is based on the 5th Commandment which is uniquely reiterated in the New Testament in Ephesians on Spoke 5 (http://www.biblewheel.com/Wheel/Spokes/Hey_Fifth_Commandment.asp):

Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Victor
08-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. 2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise) 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

The theme of the Family is very strong in Spoke 5. In the Fifth Day we first hear the commandment "be fruitful and multiply". Ephesians 6:1 links to the Fifth Chapter of 1 Timothy, a chapter about family:

1Ti 5:4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

shalag
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
The theme of the Family is very strong in Spoke 5. In the Fifth Day we first hear the commandment "be fruitful and multiply". Ephesians 6:1 links to the Fifth Chapter of 1 Timothy, a chapter about family:

1Ti 5:4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.
Exodus 22:22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.

An interesting succession of 2's here - 2 22 22 - but also of interest because of the Exodus/Beyt 22/Tav connection - the daughter.

Victor
08-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Exodus 22:22 Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.

An interesting succession of 2's here - 2 22 22 - but also of interest because of the Exodus/Beyt 22/Tav connection - the daughter.

Great! Five twos!

Another Beyt Tav link is the following one:

Jeremiah 22:3 Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

The link is two-dimensional: Exo 22 and Jer 22, both sharing the form (2,22).

shalag
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Great! Five twos!

Another Beyt Tav link is the following one:

Jeremiah 22:3 Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

The link is two-dimensional: Exo 22 and Jer 22, both sharing the form (2,22).

WOW!

This is interesting too:

Jeremiah 21:12 [2-21-12]
O house of David, thus saith the LORD; Execute judgment in the morning, and deliver him that is spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor, lest my fury go out like fuire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Exodus 12:12 [2-12-12]
For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.

Victor
08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
WOW!

This is interesting too:

Jeremiah 21:12 [2-21-12]
O house of David, thus saith the LORD; Execute judgment in the morning, and deliver him that is spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor, lest my fury go out like fuire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Exodus 12:12 [2-12-12]
For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the Lord.

Hey shalag, you're forcing me to quote two verses too! And since we are linking verses with so many twos and ones, what about a KeyLink on Spoke 21:

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

The phrase "to execute judgment" is unique to John and Jude on Spoke 21. I had this delightful suprise a couple of years ago when I was researching the Shin KeyWord Shaphat (To Judge). Think about it! A unique KJV phrase on Spoke 21 based on the 21st letter!

This links to your double reference to "execute judgment" in Exodus and Jeremiah on Spoke 2, which is bilaterally symmetric to Spoke 21 on the Wheel. The concept of "judging" is related to the duality involved in discerning between this and that, like separating people to life or to destruction.

Victor

PS: This theme based on duality is common to Spokes 2 and 21. I refer to the Second Commandment in Exodus:

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, (1) visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 (2) And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Note the two groups separated by God. This is reflected in John:

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; (1) they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and (2) they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

shalag
08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Hey shalag, you're forcing me to quote two verses too! And since we are linking verses with so many twos and ones, what about a KeyLink on Spoke 21:

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

The phrase "to execute judgment" is unique to John and Jude on Spoke 21. I had this delightful suprise a couple of years ago when I was researching the Shin KeyWord Shaphat (To Judge). Think about it! A unique KJV phrase on Spoke 21 based on the 21st letter!

This links to your double reference to "execute judgment" in Exodus and Jeremiah on Spoke 2, which is bilaterally symmetric to Spoke 21 on the Wheel. The concept of "judging" is related to the duality involved in discerning between this and that, like separating people to life or to destruction.

Victor

PS: This theme based on duality is common to Spokes 2 and 21. I refer to the Second Commandment in Exodus:

Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, (1) visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 (2) And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Note the two groups separated by God. This is reflected in John:

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; (1) they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and (2) they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Exodus 21:2 [2-21-2]
If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years; and in the seventh he shall go out free and pay nothing.

Again we see a 'separation' from slavery to freedom. :D

Richard Amiel McGough
08-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Exodus 21:2 [2-21-2]
If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years; and in the seventh he shall go out free and pay nothing.

Again we see a 'separation' from slavery to freedom. :D

And we have another near KeyLink based on the set (Hebrew, serve, go free) which selects only Exodus 21:2, Deut 15:12, and Jeremiah 34:9:

Jeremiah 34:9 That every man should let his manservant, and every man his maidservant, being an Hebrew or an Hebrewess, go free; that none should serve himself of them, to wit, of a Jew his brother.

shalag
08-03-2007, 08:06 PM
And we have another near KeyLink based on the set (Hebrew, serve, go free) which selects only Exodus 21:2, Deut 15:12, and Jeremiah 34:9:

Jeremiah 34:9 That every man should let his manservant, and every man his maidservant, being an Hebrew or an Hebrewess, go free; that none should serve himself of them, to wit, of a Jew his brother.
Exodus 12:44 [2-12-2^2x11] :D
But every man's servant that is bought for money, when thou hast circumcised him, then shall he eat thereof.

shalag
08-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Exodus 12:44 [2-12-2^2x11] :D
But every man's servant that is bought for money, when thou hast circumcised him, then shall he eat thereof.
2Kings 12:11 [12-12-11]
And they gave the money, being told, into the hands of them that did the work, that had the oversight of the house of the LORD: and they laid it out to the carpenters and builders, that wrought upon the house of the LORD.

shalag
08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
2Kings 12:11 [12-12-11]
And they gave the money, being told, into the hands of them that did the work, that had the oversight of the house of the LORD: and they laid it out to the carpenters and builders, that wrought upon the house of the LORD.

2 Kings 12:12 [12-12-12]
and to masons and stonecutters, and for buying timber and hewn stone, to repair the damage of the house of the Lord, and for all that was paid out to repair the temple.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM
2 Kings 12:12 [12-12-12]
and to masons and stonecutters, and for buying timber and hewn stone, to repair the damage of the house of the Lord, and for all that was paid out to repair the temple.
Hey shalag. Sorry you've had to play by yourself! Where did our friends go?

That was a pretty good find. I'll see your 12 12 12 and raise you to 12 11 11:

2 Kings 11:11 And the guard stood, every man with his weapons in his hand, round about the king, from the right corner of the temple to the left corner of the temple, along by the altar and the temple.

RAM

shalag
08-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey shalag. Sorry you've had to play by yourself! Where did our friends go?

That was a pretty good find. I'll see your 12 12 12 and raise you to 12 11 11:

2 Kings 11:11 And the guard stood, every man with his weapons in his hand, round about the king, from the right corner of the temple to the left corner of the temple, along by the altar and the temple.

RAM
Touche'
John 18:3 [spoke 21 -18+3 = 21]

Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons

shalag
08-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Touche' Posted by Shalag
John 18:3 [spoke 21 -18+3 = 21]

Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons2Kings 24:12 [spoke 12 12x2 +12]
And Jehoiachin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he, and his mother, and his servants, and his princes, and his officers; and the king of Babylon took him in the eighth year of his reign. :uplane:

Victor
08-18-2007, 05:25 AM
2Kings 24:12 [spoke 12 12x2 +12]
And Jehoiachin the king of Judah went out to the king of Babylon, he, and his mother, and his servants, and his princes, and his officers; and the king of Babylon took him in the eighth year of his reign.

Eze 17:12 Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;

shalag
08-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Eze 17:12 Say now to the rebellious house, Know ye not what these things mean? tell them, Behold, the king of Babylon is come to Jerusalem, and hath taken the king thereof, and the princes thereof, and led them with him to Babylon;
Ezekiel 12:2 [spoke 4 (2x2 12: 2]
Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.

It is interesting that the phrase rebellious house is only noted in the 26th book of Ezekiel, starting in Ezekiel 2/ Beyt: the house denoting 'relationship', and next in chapter 3/ Gimel: although they have the ability to hear and see they are not yet weaned/mature. This phrase is used 3 times in Chapter 2, 3 times in Chapter 3 with the next appearance in Chapter 12/ Lamed/ the heart mentioned 4 times. The other 3 mentions seem to prophesy of the witness and testimony of Jesus and are in Ezekiel 17/ Pei, the mouth, chapter 24 and 44 [the blood of Messiah].

Victor
08-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Ezekiel 12:2 [spoke 4 (2x2 12: 2]
Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.

It is interesting that the phrase rebellious house is only noted in the 26th book of Ezekiel, starting in Ezekiel 2/ Beyt: the house denoting 'relationship', and next in chapter 3/ Gimel: although they have the ability to hear and see they are not yet weaned/mature. This phrase is used 3 times in Chapter 2, 3 times in Chapter 3 with the next appearance in Chapter 12/ Lamed/ the heart mentioned 4 times. The other 3 mentions seem to prophesy of the witness and testimony of Jesus and are in Ezekiel 17/ Pei, the mouth, chapter 24 and 44 [the blood of Messiah].
Though the peak is on chapter 12 (actually 5 times), I find interesting that the first occurrence of "rebellious house" is in chapter 2 - Bet - the House (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=814#post814). The "rebellious house" idea in Ezekiel seems to echo the idea of rebellion that is very strong is Numbers when the people of Israel rebelled against the Lord. And the peak of Israel's rebellion takes place on Book 12, 2 Kings! ;)

Summing up, "Rebellious House" is interweaved with different Spokes on the Inner Cycle of Ezekiel and the Bible Wheel:

Spoke 2: First occurrence in Ezekiel 2;
Spoke 12: Peak of Israel's rebellion in 2 Kings aligned with peak of the distribution of "rebellious house" in Ezekiel 12;
Spoke 4: Rebellion as a work of the flesh highlighted in both Numbers and Ezekiel on Spoke 4 of the Bible Wheel (BW book pg. 175-176).Back to the chain:

Ezekiel 12:2 Son of man, thou dwellest in the midst of a rebellious house, which have eyes to see, and see not; they ears to hear, and hear not: for they are a rebellious house.

Isaiah 6:5,10 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. (...)
Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Victor

shalag
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Though the peak is on chapter 12 (actually 5 times), I find interesting that the first occurrence of "rebellious house" is in chapter 2 - Bet - the House (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=814#post814). The "rebellious house" idea in Ezekiel seems to echo the idea of rebellion that is very strong is Numbers when the people of Israel rebelled against the Lord. And the peak of Israel's rebellion takes place on Book 12, 2 Kings! ;)

Summing up, "Rebellious House" is interweaved with different Spokes on the Inner Cycle of Ezekiel and the Bible Wheel:
Spoke 2: First occurrence in Ezekiel 2;
Spoke 12: Peak of Israel's rebellion in 2 Kings aligned with peak of the distribution of "rebellious house" in Ezekiel 12;
Spoke 4: Rebellion as a work of the flesh highlighted in both Numbers and Ezekiel on Spoke 4 of the Bible Wheel (BW book pg. 175-176).Back to the chain:

Isaiah 6:5,10 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. (...) Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Victor

Book 12 - the essence of the 'heart'! :focus:

1Kings 1:20 [11 1 20]
And thou, my lord, O king, the eyes of all Israel are upon thee, that thou shouldest tell them who shall sit on the throne of my lord the king after him.

Richard Amiel McGough
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity* that is in Christ.

Our reasonable service - to transform our mind to the mind of Christ!

This forms a powerful link form Spoke 3 of the Bible Wheel to Chapter 3 of Genesis (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis03.asp):

KJV Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

shalag
08-22-2007, 09:36 AM
This forms a powerful link form Spoke 3 of the Bible Wheel to Chapter 3 of Genesis (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis03.asp):

KJV Genesis 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Lamentations 2:20 [spoke 3]
Behold, O LORD, and consider to who thou has done this, Shall the women eat their fruit, and children of a span long? shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sancturary of the Lord?

This makes one think about Genesis 3 in a more thoughtful manner.

Geoffrey
08-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Proverbs 30:20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

Rose
08-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Proverbs 30:20
Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.
Pro 8:13 (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/../GR/GR_Database.asp?bnum=20&cnum=8&vnum=13)The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Rose

shalag
08-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Pro 8:13 (http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/../GR/GR_Database.asp?bnum=20&cnum=8&vnum=13)The fear of the LORD to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Rose Psalm (19) 39:1 (40) = 59/ 17th prime/PEI/Mouth
To the Chief Musician. To Jeduthun (praising). A Psalm of David. I said, "I will guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, While the [I]wicked are before me."

Rose
09-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Psalm (19) 39:1 (40) = 59/ 17th prime/PEI/Mouth
To the Chief Musician. To Jeduthun (praising). A Psalm of David. I said, "I will guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue; I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle, While the wicked are before me." Phil 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Let us rejoice that one day everyone that has a tongue, will be confessing that Jesus is Lord :pray:

Rose

shalag
09-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Phil 2:11 [63] And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Let us rejoice that one day everyone that has a tongue, will be confessing that Jesus is Lord :pray:

Rose2John [63] 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Rose
09-05-2007, 06:42 PM
2John [63] 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Thanks be to God! For having justified us by the faith of Jesus Christ, because we believe in Him :pray:

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Thanks be to God! For having justified us by the faith of Jesus Christ, because we believe in Him :pray:

Rose

Romans 9:31-33 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

That's the Gospel! It has always been righteousness through faith. The Jews were never "saved" or "made right with God" by anything but faith.

Richard

Rose
09-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Rom 9: 31-33 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Isa 51:1 Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock [whence] ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit [whence] ye are digged.

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
09-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Isa 51:1 Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock [whence] ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit [whence] ye are digged.

Rose
That makes me think of one of your favorite verses:

Isaiah 55:1-2 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Rose
09-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Isaiah 55:1-2 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

And this is another of my favorite verses!

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
And this is another of my favorite verses!

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is thirsty come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rose

John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Looks like we are on a roll!

Rose
09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Looks like we are on a roll!

John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

When your on a roll why stop!

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM
John 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

When your on a roll why stop!

Rose
2 Timothy 1:6-7 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Stop? Who could stop in the midst of such a wonderful outpouring?

Richard

Rose
09-08-2007, 08:20 PM
2 Timothy 1:6-7 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Stop? Who could stop in the midst of such a wonderful outpouring?

Richard

Pro 18:21 Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Amen to that!

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
09-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Pro 18:21 Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Amen to that!

Rose
Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Let me hear an "amen" to that!

Richard

Rose
09-08-2007, 10:14 PM
Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Let me hear an "amen" to that!

Richard

Wow! the power of that verse. I need to step back and meditate on it for a moment.............the only verse that can stand up to that is...another verse from Gods Holy Word :D

1 Cor 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Rose

Richard Amiel McGough
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Wow! the power of that verse. I need to step back and meditate on it for a moment.............the only verse that can stand up to that is...another verse from Gods Holy Word :D

1 Cor 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Rose
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rose
09-10-2007, 02:03 PM
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree?

Since we've been talking about the natural olive tree on other threads, this verse came to mind.

Rose

shalag
09-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural , be graffed into their own olive tree?

Since we've been talking about the natural olive tree on other threads, this verse came to mind. RoseJudges 9:8 "The trees once went forth to anoint a king over them. And they said to the [B]olivetree, 'Reign over us!' Judges 9:9 But the olivetree said to them, 'Should I cease giving my oil, With which they honor God and men, And go to sway over trees?'

Rose
09-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Judges 9:8 "The trees once went forth to anoint a king over them. And they said to the olivetree, 'Reign over us!' Judges 9:9 But the olivetree said to them, 'Should I cease giving my oil, With which they honor God and men, And go to sway over trees?'

1Tim 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, [B]honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Rose

shalag
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
1Tim 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. RoseRomans 2:5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
6 who "will render to each one according to his deeds":
7 [B]eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness--indignation and wrath,
9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek;
10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
11 For there is no partiality with God.

Notice even though there is 'no partiality' - he makes a distinction between the 'Jew and the Greek'

Victor
09-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Romans 2:7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance (hipomone) in doing (ergos) good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
1Th 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work (ergos) of faith, and labour of love, and patience (hipomone) of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father.

Richard Amiel McGough
09-28-2007, 01:10 PM
1Th 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work (ergos) of faith, and labour of love, and patience (hipomone) of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father.

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister

Richard

Victor
09-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour (ergon) of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister

Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do (ergazomai) good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The sixth chapter of Hebrews is cognate with the sixth chapter of Galatians. We should lovingly work to help and to do good to our brothers (6 = work). This is our freewill offering both to God and to them (10 = the tithe, the offering). Therefore, we have 6:10.

Gematria strenghtens the above:

The Sixth = 610 (http://www.biblewheel.com/Gr/GR_Database.asp?SearchBy_Gematria=610) = Tithe

Labourers (ergatas) = 610 (http://www.biblewheel.com/Gr/GR_Database.asp?SearchBy_Gematria=610) = Working (katergazomeno)

Victor

Richard Amiel McGough
09-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Gal 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do (ergazomai) good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The sixth chapter of Hebrews is cognate with the sixth chapter of Galatians. We should lovingly work to help and to do good to our brothers (6 = work). This is our freewill offering both to God and to them (10 = the tithe, the offering). Therefore, we have 6:10.

Gematria strenghtens the above:

The Sixth = 610 (http://www.biblewheel.com/Gr/GR_Database.asp?SearchBy_Gematria=610) = Tithe

Labourers (ergatas) = 610 (http://www.biblewheel.com/Gr/GR_Database.asp?SearchBy_Gematria=610) = Working (katergazomeno)

Victor

Very interesting link you found there Victor! The same theme of labour (work = 6) is also found in John 6:

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

But that verse doesn't link to yours by the rules of the game, so I'll submit to you this one:

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

RAM

Victor
10-17-2007, 08:28 AM
1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

:thumb:

Richard Amiel McGough
10-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

:thumb:

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Now there's some comfort for the soul!

Richard

White
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
I follow your lead on 2:19:

Galatians 2:19 : With Christ I am nailed to the cross. I live now not with my own life, but Christ lives within me. (20) I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and sacrificed Himself for me.

and yesterday's/today's reading at the Catholic Church - Romans 1 & 2:

Romans 1:16 - Salvation to the Jew first then the Gentile, followed up with 2:9-11
9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

They are always leading - first salvation - then tribulation - then glory, honor and peace...

I'm hanging on to the last one - Glory, Honor and Shalom/Peace with Y'shua in the Heart of all -

That's HIS plan for all to follow...
Shalom
Monique

shalag
01-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I follow your lead on 2:19:

Galatians 2:19 : With Christ I am nailed to the cross. I live now not with my own life, but Christ lives within me. (20) I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and sacrificed Himself for me. Monique Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ

Rose
07-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi All, :yo:

I thought I would reawaken this thread.

Ephesians 4:11
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of ChristEph. 3:19 "And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

This verse has always been special to me, because it speaks of knowing Christs' love for us and in doing so we are filled with the fullness of God, which is His love for us. :pray:

Rose

Victor
07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Hi All, :yo:

I thought I would reawaken this thread.

Eph. 3:19 "And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulnessof God."

This verse has always been special to me, because it speaks of knowing Christs' love for us and in doing so we are filled with the fullness of God, which is His love for us. :pray:

Rose
When we find and know the love of Christ, it overwhelms and constrains us:

2Cr 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
So the Fifth Chapter of 2 Corinthians aligns with the Fifth Epistle, Ephesians. On the Fifth Spoke we learn much about God's Love, beginning with Deuteronomy, which "marks the transition to a new revelation of God - the revelation of His love", as Sidlow Baxter explains in his presentation of the Fifth Book (BW Book, page 194).

Victor

Rose
07-08-2008, 04:13 PM
When we find and know the love of Christ, it overwhelms and constrains us:
2Cr 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
So the Fifth Chapter of 2 Corinthians aligns with the Fifth Epistle, Ephesians. On the Fifth Spoke we learn much about God's Love, beginning with Deuteronomy, which "marks the transition to a new revelation of God - the revelation of His love", as Sidlow Baxter explains in his presentation of the Fifth Book (BW Book, page 194).

Victor

Rom.13:8 "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law."

Rom. 13:10 "Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

This is a wonderful display of love fulfilling all the law in the 13th chapter of Romans, which nicely parallels the 13th chapter of 1 Cor.

Rose

Victor
07-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Love = 13!!

Romans 13 and 1 Corinthians 13 are united in the same proclamation. You gave me the clue to the next verse on the chain:

Rom. 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1Co 13:4-5 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.

Rose
07-11-2008, 07:47 AM
1Co 13:4-5 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.Eph. 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

We know the fruits of love is displayed in kindness. :)

Rose

Victor
07-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Eph. 4:32 "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."

We know the fruits of love is displayed in kindness. :)

Rose

And when we do that we are following God's path, for He loved us first.

1Jo 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Rose
07-28-2008, 09:43 PM
And when we do that we are following God's path, for He loved us first.

1Jo 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I couldn't resist this one. :) These are also the only two verses where the phrase "God so loved" is used....another witness to the authorship of the Gospel of John.

Rose

Victor
07-29-2008, 10:32 AM
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I couldn't resist this one. :) These are also the only two verses where the phrase "God so loved" is used....another witness to the authorship of the Gospel of John.

Rose

Back to 1 John!

1John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Rose
11-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Back to 1 John!

1John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Back to the Gospel of John!
John 10:15 "As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep."

John 10:17 "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again."

John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Here is another connection between the Epistles of John and the Gospel of John, with the idea of laying down ones life because of love.

Rose

Rose
04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Back to the Gospel of John!
John 10:15 "As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep."

John 10:17 "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again."

John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Here is another connection between the Epistles of John and the Gospel of John, with the idea of laying down ones life because of love.

Rose
Eph. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

The greatest love a man can have is to give of his life for a friend....that is the kind of love which God loves us with.

God Bless

Rose

Victor
04-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Eph. 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,The greatest love a man can have is to give of his life for a friend....that is the kind of love which God loves us with.

God Bless

Rose

The great love of God wherewith He loved us was antecipated in the words of Deuteronomy (on Spoke 5, like Ephesians):

Deu 7:7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
Deu 7:8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Rose
04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
The great love of God wherewith He loved us was antecipated in the words of Deuteronomy (on Spoke 5, like Ephesians):
Deu 7:7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
Deu 7:8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Speaking of Spoke 5.....behold, we have a beautiful connection with the Lord bringing forth His people out of Egypt with a mighty hand in both Deut. 9 and Dan. 9. :D
Duet. 9:26 I prayed therefore unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, destroy not thy people and thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed through thy greatness, which thou hast brought forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand.
Dan. 9:15 And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.

God Bless

Rose

Victor
05-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Dan. 9:15 And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown [lit.: name], as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.

God Bless

Rose

From Daniel 9 to Nehemiah 9!

Neh 9:10 And shewedst signs and wonders upon Pharaoh, and on all his servants, and on all the people of his land: for thou knewest that they dealt proudly against them. So didst thou get thee a name, as it is this day.

Rose
05-01-2009, 12:50 PM
From Daniel 9 to Nehemiah 9!
Neh 9:10 And shewedst signs and wonders upon Pharaoh, and on all his servants, and on all the people of his land: for thou knewest that they dealt proudly against them. So didst thou get thee a name, as it is this day.

Oh, the wonders of 9! :D
Job 9:10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.God Bless

Rose

Rose
05-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Job 9:10 Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.God Bless

Rose

I couldn't let this 9 slip by....:D
Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

God Bless

Rose

Victor
05-02-2009, 01:33 PM

Rose

Job links to Psalm 40 (Spoke 18):

Psa 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

I couldn't let this 9 slip by....:D
Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

God Bless

Rose

Keeping up with the nines... The first mention of "great things" is in Book 9!

1Sa 12:24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Rose
05-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Job links to Psalm 40 (Spoke 18):
Psa 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
Keeping up with the nines... The first mention of "great things" is in Book 9!
1Sa 12:24 Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

This is indeed a good year for 9's :D
1 Sam.9:19 And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.

God Bless

Rose

Victor
05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
This is indeed a good year for 9's :D
1 Sam.9:19 And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.

God Bless

Rose

Still 9! :D

1 Chronicles 9:22 All these which were chosen to be porters in the gates were two hundred and twelve. These were reckoned by their genealogy in their villages, whom David and Samuel the seer did ordain in their set office.

Rose
05-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Still 9! :D

1 Chronicles 9:22 All these which were chosen to be porters in the gates were two hundred and twelve. These were reckoned by their genealogy in their villages, whom David and Samuel the seer did ordain in their set office.

9 it is! :lol:
Judges 9:35 And Gaal the son of Ebed went out, and stood in the entering of the gate of the city: and Abimelech rose up, and the people that were with him, from lying in wait....40)And Abimelech chased him, and he fled before him, and many were overthrown and wounded, even unto the entering of the gate....44)And Abimelech, and the company that was with him, rushed forward, and stood in the entering of the gate of the city: and the two other companies ran upon all the people that were in the fields, and slew them.Rose

Victor
05-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Judges 9:40 And Abimelech chased him, and he fled before him, and many were overthrown and wounded, even unto the entering of the gate.

1Samuel (Book 9) 17:52 And the men of Israel and of Judah arose, and shouted, and pursued the Philistines, until thou come to the valley, and to the gates of Ekron. And the wounded of the Philistines fell down by the way to Shaaraim, even unto Gath, and unto Ekron.

Rose
05-05-2009, 08:18 PM
1Samuel (Book 9) 17:52 And the men of Israel and of Judah arose, and shouted, and pursued the Philistines, until thou come to the valley, and to the gates of Ekron. And the wounded of the Philistines fell down by the way to Shaaraim, even unto Gath, and unto Ekron.

Dan. 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

Rose

Victor
05-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Dan. 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to (1) the men of Judah, and to (2) the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto (3) all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

Rose

Ezr 9:7 Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our iniquities have (1) we, (2) our kings, and (3) our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
Note the amazing similarity between Daniel 9:7 and Ezra 9:7!

Rose
05-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Ezr 9:7 Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our iniquities have (1) we, (2) our kings, and (3) our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
Note the amazing similarity between Daniel 9:7 and Ezra 9:7!

Wow! That's cool....:thumb:

Amos 9:4 And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.

Rose

Victor
05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow! That's cool....:thumb:
Amos 9:4 And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.
Rose

1Thessalonians (9th Epistle) 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
We should not render evil for evil because the vengeance is God's.

Good is a fundamental Tet KeyWord (Tov). Tet is the 9th letter.

Rose
05-07-2009, 01:10 PM
1Thessalonians (9th Epistle) 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

From the 9th Epistle it's just one little step over to the 9th Spoke....
2 Thess.3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

Rose

Victor
05-08-2009, 10:46 AM

From the 9th Epistle it's just one little step over to the 9th Spoke....
2 Thess.3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
Rose

Oooops! I called 1 Thessalonians the 9th Epistle when it is actually the 8th!! :eek: Sorry!

The 9th Epistle, therefore, resides on the 9th Spoke!

But keeping up with Spoke 9...

Psa 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
Psalm 97 is on Spoke 9 of the Inner Cycle of Psalms.

Rose
05-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Oooops! I called 1 Thessalonians the 9th Epistle when it is actually the 8th!! :eek: Sorry!

The 9th Epistle, therefore, resides on the 9th Spoke!

But keeping up with Spoke 9...
Psa 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
Psalm 97 is on Spoke 9 of the Inner Cycle of Psalms.

9's it is...
Acts 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
Rose

Victor
05-09-2009, 07:15 AM
9's it is...
Acts 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
Rose

The verse that follows links in a very interesting way to Acts 9, because 1 Samuel is Book 9 and it records Samuel making an objection to the Lord about meeting Saul just as Ananias objects to meeting Saul (Paul) for the same reasons!

1Sa 16:2 And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the LORD said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the LORD.
On the other hand, the verse above doesn't have a direct verbal similarity with Acts 9:13, so I'm contributing with two other verses in 1 Samuel to choose from. :D

Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
1Sa 6:9 And see, if it goeth up by the way of his own coast to Bethshemesh, then he hath done us this great evil: but if not, then we shall know that it is not his hand that smote us: it was a chance that happened to us.

Act 9:13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
1Sa 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
The last one above is actually a KeyLink formed by the highlighted words.

Rose
05-09-2009, 04:07 PM
The verse that follows links in a very interesting way to Acts 9, because 1 Samuel is Book 9 and it records Samuel making an objection to the Lord about meeting Saul just as Ananias objects to meeting Saul (Paul) for the same reasons!
1Sa 16:2 And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the LORD said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the LORD.
On the other hand, the verse above doesn't have a direct verbal similarity with Acts 9:13, so I'm contributing with two other verses in 1 Samuel to choose from. :D
1Sa 6:9 And see, if it goeth up by the way of his own coast to Bethshemesh, then he hath done us this great evil: but if not, then we shall know that it is not his hand that smote us: it was a chance that happened to us.

1Sa 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
The last one above is actually a KeyLink formed by the highlighted words.

More 9's

2 Sam. 9:13 So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the king's table; and was lame on both his feet.
The man that Ananias is speaking of is Saul, Mephibosheth is the grandson of king Saul, who is Pauls' (formerly Saul) namesake.

Rose

Victor
05-10-2009, 03:15 PM
More 9's

2 Sam. 9:13 So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the king's table; and was lame on both his feet.
The man that Ananias is speaking of is Saul, Mephibosheth is the grandson of king Saul, who is Pauls' (formerly Saul) namesake.

Rose

1Sa 18:29 And Saul was yet the more afraid of David; and Saul became David's enemy continually.
Saul became David''s enemy continually but David didn't treat Saul's grandson the same way. In fact, it was the other way around: Mephibosheth was recieved by David with hospitality and ate continually at the king's table.

Rose
05-10-2009, 07:15 PM
1Sa 18:29 And Saul was yet the more afraid of David; and Saul became David's enemy continually.
Saul became David''s enemy continually but David didn't treat Saul's grandson the same way. In fact, it was the other way around: Mephibosheth was recieved by David with hospitality and ate continually at the king's table.
Acts 9:24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.
And just as king Saul became the enemy of David, Saul was the enemy of the followers of Jesus before his conversion.

Rose

Victor
05-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Acts 9:24 But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him.
And just as king Saul became the enemy of David, Saul was the enemy of the followers of Jesus before his conversion.

Rose

After his conversion, Saul becames the persecuted instead of the persecutor (like David).

1Sa 19:2 But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David: and Jonathan told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secret place, and hide thyself:
And just as there were those who cared for Saul in Acts 9, Jonathan cares for David in 1 Samuel.

Rose
05-11-2009, 07:03 PM
After his conversion, Saul becames the persecuted instead of the persecutor (like David).
1Sa 19:2 But Jonathan Saul's son delighted much in David: and Jonathan told David, saying, Saul my father seeketh to kill thee: now therefore, I pray thee, take heed to thyself until the morning, and abide in a secret place, and hide thyself:
And just as there were those who cared for Saul in Acts 9, Jonathan cares for David in 1 Samuel.
Jer.9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
And in the same manner that Jonathan delighted in David because his heart was after God, God delights in those who hearts follow after Him.

Rose

Victor
05-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Jer.9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
And in the same manner that Jonathan delighted in David because his heart was after God, God delights in those who hearts follow after Him.

Rose

Back to 1 Samuel in one of its most famous passages!!

1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Rose
05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Back to 1 Samuel in one of its most famous passages!!
1Sa 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Indeed! To obey the voice of the Lord is better than sacrifice and Israel suffered greatly because they did not.
Dan. 9:10-11 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets. Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him....14) Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

Rose

Victor
05-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Indeed! To obey the voice of the Lord is better than sacrifice and Israel suffered greatly because they did not.
Dan. 9:10-11 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets. Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him....14) Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

Rose

Neh 9:33 Howbeit thou art just in all that is brought upon us; for thou hast done right, but we have done wickedly.
In both texts - Daniel 9 and Nehemiah 9 - God's works are contrasted with his people's.

Rose
05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Neh 9:33 Howbeit thou art just in all that is brought upon us; for thou hast done right, but we have done wickedly.
In both texts - Daniel 9 and Nehemiah 9 - God's works are contrasted with his people's.

Excellent :clap2:

But you used up all the words in the verse, so now what am I supposed to do! :lol:

Ah.....I see an unused word. :p

Deut. 9:18 And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger....27) Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; look not unto the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin:

Rose

Victor
05-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Excellent :clap2:

But you used up all the words in the verse, so now what am I supposed to do! :lol:

Ah.....I see an unused word. :p
Deut. 9:18 And I fell down before the LORD, as at the first, forty days and forty nights: I did neither eat bread, nor drink water, because of all your sins which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger....27) Remember thy servants, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; look not unto the stubbornness of this people, nor to their wickedness, nor to their sin:
Rose

It is so good to see how Scripture always keeps interconnecting! On and on...

Now it's time for Ezekiel 9:

Eze 9:8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

Rose
05-23-2009, 09:12 AM
It is so good to see how Scripture always keeps interconnecting! On and on...

Now it's time for Ezekiel 9:
Eze 9:8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

Back to Daniel 9 and the pouring out of God's anger on Israel!

Dan. 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
Rose

Victor
05-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Back to Daniel 9 and the pouring out of God's anger on Israel!
Dan. 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
Rose

Here's a nice near KeyLink to Book 9:

1Sa 15:24 And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.
Saul didn't obey the voice of the Lord and transgressed His law, because he feared the people and obeyed their voice instead of God's.

Rose
05-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Here's a nice near KeyLink to Book 9:
1Sa 15:24 And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.
Saul didn't obey the voice of the Lord and transgressed His law, because he feared the people and obeyed their voice instead of God's.

Our journey now leads us to Exodus, where we see instead of fearing the words of the people it is the Word of the Lord that is feared.
Exo. 9:20-21 He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses: And he that regarded not the word of the LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field. Rose

Victor
05-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Our journey now leads us to Exodus, where we see instead of fearing the words of the people it is the Word of the Lord that is feared.
Exo. 9:20-21 He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses: And he that regarded not the word of the LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field. Rose
Exodus 9 directly links to Nehemiah 9!

This verse is an allusion to what happened in Exodus, when God showed signs and wonders, not only upon Pharaoh, but also upon his servants, among which some feared the Word of the Lord.

The link is nicer because "servant" is a coordinated Spoke 9 theme. :D

Rose
05-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Exodus 9 directly links to Nehemiah 9!
This verse is an allusion to what happened in Exodus, when God showed signs and wonders, not only upon Pharaoh, but also upon his servants, among which some feared the Word of the Lord.

The link is nicer because "servant" is a coordinated Spoke 9 theme. :D

Back to Spoke 9, verse 9.....in contrast to God's sign and wonders, there are the lying signs and wonders of Satan, and those who are his servants.

2 Thess. 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Rose

Victor
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Back to Spoke 9, verse 9.....in contrast to God's sign and wonders, there are the lying signs and wonders of Satan, and those who are his servants.
2 Thess. 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
Rose

Isaiah 9:15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
The man of sin of 2 Thessalonians 2:9 fits perfectly with the description of the false prophet that teaches lies. And bearing false witness is a violation of the Ninth Commandment.

Rose
05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Isaiah 9:15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.
The man of sin of 2 Thessalonians 2:9 fits perfectly with the description of the false prophet that teaches lies. And bearing false witness is a violation of the Ninth Commandment.

That's good....:thumb:

Isa. 9:14 Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.
Because of the prophet that teaches lies (violation of the 9th commandment) Israel will be cut off....head and tail in one day!

Rose

Victor
05-30-2009, 01:31 PM
That's good....:thumb:
Isa. 9:14 Therefore the LORD will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day.
Because of the prophet that teaches lies (violation of the 9th commandment) Israel will be cut off....head and tail in one day!

Rose

That one was easy!

We have one more link to the 9th letter Tet (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Revelation/Rev09.asp), which is associated to "serpent".

Rev 9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

Rose
05-30-2009, 10:41 PM
That one was easy!

We have one more link to the 9th letter Tet (http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Revelation/Rev09.asp), which is associated to "serpent".
Rev 9:19 For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.
Here is another "9th letter -Tet", connection to serpent.
Amos 9:3 And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:

Rose

Victor
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Here is another "9th letter -Tet", connection to serpent.
Amos 9:3 And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel, I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence will I command the serpent, and he shall bite them:

Rose

Very good one, Rose! I hadn't noticed that connection!

Now back to Book 9, where we find a similar idea:

1Sa 13:6 When the men of Israel saw that they were in a strait, (for the people were distressed,) then the people did hide themselves in caves, and in thickets, and in rocks, and in high places, and in pits.

Rose
06-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Very good one, Rose! I hadn't noticed that connection!

Now back to Book 9, where we find a similar idea:
1Sa 13:6 When the men of Israel saw that they were in a strait, (for the people were distressed,) then the people did hide themselves in caves, and in thickets, and in rocks, and in high places, and in pits.

Joshua 9:6-7 And they went to Joshua unto the camp at Gilgal, and said unto him, and to the men of Israel, We be come from a far country: now therefore make ye a league with us. And the men of Israel said unto the Hivites, Peradventure ye dwell among us; and how shall we make a league with you?

Rose

Victor
06-07-2009, 08:41 AM
Joshua 9:6-7 And they went to Joshua unto the camp at Gilgal, and said unto him, and to the men of Israel, We be come from a far country: now therefore make ye a league with us. And the men of Israel said unto the Hivites, Peradventure ye dwell among us; and how shall we make a league with you?Rose

The word "league" in "make a league" can also be translated as covenant! "Making a covenant" is strongly linked to Spoke 9. There are several examples, but I'll post one that has uses the same translational word choice of Joshua 9:

1Sa 22:8 All of you have conspired against me, and there is none that sheweth me that my son hath made a league with the son of Jesse, and there is none of you that is sorry for me, or sheweth unto me that my son hath stirred up my servant against me, to lie in wait, as at this day?

Rose
06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
The word "league" in "make a league" can also be translated as covenant! "Making a covenant" is strongly linked to Spoke 9. There are several examples, but I'll post one that has uses the same translational word choice of Joshua 9:
1Sa 22:8 All of you have conspired against me, and there is none that sheweth me that my son hath made a league with the son of Jesse, and there is none of you that is sorry for me, or sheweth unto me that my son hath stirred up my servant against me, to lie in wait, as at this day?

Continuing on with Spoke 9 and book 9, I find that the name Jesse occurs 26 time in the book of 1 Sam. verse 21 times in the rest of the Bible.

1 Sam. 22:13 And Saul said unto him, Why have ye conspired against me, thou and the son of Jesse, in that thou hast given him bread, and a sword, and hast enquired of God for him, that he should rise against me, to lie in wait, as at this day?

Rose

Victor
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Continuing on with Spoke 9 and book 9, I find that the name Jesse occurs 26 time in the book of 1 Sam. verse 21 times in the rest of the Bible.
1 Sam. 22:13 And Saul said unto him, Why have ye conspired against me, thou and the son of Jesse, in that thou hast given him bread, and a sword, and hast enquired of God for him, that he should rise against me, to lie in wait, as at this day?
Rose

Psa 119:69 The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.
Saul said they were conspiring against him, but David was the one who was being persecuted. The quoted Psalm is from the Ninth Section (Tet).

Rose
06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Psa 119:69 The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.
Saul said they were conspiring against him, but David was the one who was being persecuted. The quoted Psalm is from the Ninth Section (Tet).

Returning to Spoke 9, book 9....
1 Sam. 12:20 And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart;....24) Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Even though David was persecuted by the wickedness of Saul, he continued to serve the Lord with all his heart.....which is just what Samuel is exhorting the people to do despite their wickedness.

Rose

Victor
06-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Returning to Spoke 9, book 9....
1 Sam. 12:20 And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart;....24) Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Even though David was persecuted by the wickedness of Saul, he continued to serve the Lord with all his heart.....which is just what Samuel is exhorting the people to do despite their wickedness.

Rose

2Ch 31:21 And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered.
King Hezekiah was an excellent example!

The verse above is found on Spoke 9 of the Inner Cycle of 2 Chronicles.

Rose
06-27-2009, 07:19 PM
2Ch 31:21 And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered.
King Hezekiah was an excellent example!

The verse above is found on Spoke 9 of the Inner Cycle of 2 Chronicles.

1 Chron. 9:11 And Azariah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the ruler of the house of God;....13) And their brethren, heads of the house of their fathers, a thousand and seven hundred and threescore; very able men for the work of the service of the house of God....26-27) For these Levites, the four chief porters, were in their set office, and were over the chambers and treasuries of the house of God. And they lodged round about the house of God, because the charge was upon them, and the opening thereof every morning pertained to them.
1 Chron. 9 is very rich in the service of the house of God.

Rose

Victor
06-28-2009, 07:14 AM
1 Chron. 9:11 And Azariah the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the ruler of the house of God;....13) And their brethren, heads of the house of their fathers, a thousand and seven hundred and threescore; very able men for the work of the service of the house of God....26-27) For these Levites, the four chief porters, were in their set office, and were over the chambers and treasuries of the house of God. And they lodged round about the house of God, because the charge was upon them, and the opening thereof every morning pertained to them.1 Chron. 9 is very rich in the service of the house of God.

Rose

Very nice link! "The service of the house of the God" links 1Ch 9 and 2Ch 31 on Spoke 9. And the idea of service, serving, servant is a theme associated to Spoke 9.

My link is in blue:
1Sa 3:15 And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision.
These are the only verses that speak about opening the house of the Lord in the morning.

Rose
06-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Very nice link! "The service of the house of the God" links 1Ch 9 and 2Ch 31 on Spoke 9. And the idea of service, serving, servant is a theme associated to Spoke 9.

My link is in blue:
1Sa 3:15 And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision. These are the only verses that speak about opening the house of the Lord in the morning.

Excellent Victor!

As the prophet Samuel received visions from God, so did Daniel in this well known prophetic vision of the end times.
Dan. 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation....23-24) At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Rose

Victor
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Excellent Victor!

As the prophet Samuel received visions from God, so did Daniel in this well known prophetic vision of the end times.
Dan. 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation....23-24) At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Rose

Ezr 9:4 Then were assembled unto me every one that trembled at the words of the God of Israel, because of the transgression of those that had been carried away; and I sat astonied until the evening sacrifice.
Daniel 9 and Ezra 9 are linked by the mention of the "evening oblation/sacrifice." And at what time did it it take place in Jewish reckoning? At the ninth hour! The ninth hour became the hour of prayer for Jews. Amazingly, Daniel 9 and Ezra 9 record great intercessory prayers made at the ninth hour!!

There's more in the article The Ninth Hour - the Hour of Prayer (http://www.biblewheel.com/gr/gr_9.asp) (scroll down the page to find it).

Rose
07-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Ezr 9:4 Then were assembled unto me every one that trembled at the words of the God of Israel, because of the transgression of those that had been carried away; and I sat astonied until the evening sacrifice.
Daniel 9 and Ezra 9 are linked by the mention of the "evening oblation/sacrifice." And at what time did it it take place in Jewish reckoning? At the ninth hour! The ninth hour became the hour of prayer for Jews. Amazingly, Daniel 9 and Ezra 9 record great intercessory prayers made at the ninth hour!!

There's more in the article The Ninth Hour - the Hour of Prayer (http://www.biblewheel.com/gr/gr_9.asp) (scroll down the page to find it).

Amazing indeed!
1 Sam. 9:26-27 And they arose early: and it came to pass about the spring of the day, that Samuel called Saul to the top of the house, saying, Up, that I may send thee away. And Saul arose, and they went out both of them, he and Samuel, abroad. And as they were going down to the end of the city, Samuel said to Saul, Bid the servant pass on before us, (and he passed on,) but stand thou still a while, that I may shew thee the word of God.
Here we have on Spoke 9, chapter 9, Samuel showing Saul the Word of God.

Rose

Victor
07-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Amazing indeed!
1 Sam. 9:26-27 And they arose early: and it came to pass about the spring of the day, that Samuel called Saul to the top of the house, saying, Up, that I may send thee away. And Saul arose, and they went out both of them, he and Samuel, abroad. And as they were going down to the end of the city, Samuel said to Saul, Bid the servant pass on before us, (and he passed on,) but stand thou still a while, that I may shew thee the word [davar] of God.

Here we have on Spoke 9, chapter 9, Samuel showing Saul the Word of God.

Rose

The scene above continues when Samuel immediately annoints Saul as king over Israel. A similar scene is found in 2 Kings 9:

2Ki 9:5 And when he came, behold, the captains of the host were sitting; and he said, I have an errand [davar] to thee, O captain. And Jehu said, Unto which of all us? And he said, To thee, O captain.
2Ki 9:6 And he arose, and went into the house; and he poured the oil on his head, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I have anointed thee king over the people of the LORD, even over Israel.

Rose
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
The scene above continues when Samuel immediately annoints Saul as king over Israel. A similar scene is found in 2 Kings 9:
2Ki 9:5 And when he came, behold, the captains of the host were sitting; and he said, I have an errand [davar] to thee, O captain. And Jehu said, Unto which of all us? And he said, To thee, O captain.
2Ki 9:6 And he arose, and went into the house; and he poured the oil on his head, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I have anointed thee king over the people of the LORD, even over Israel.

Going back to Spoke 9 we see a parallel verse of Samuel again anointing a soon to be king...this time it is David.
1 Sam. 15:16-17 Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the LORD hath said to me this night. And he said unto him, Say on. And Samuel said, When thou wast little in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the LORD anointed thee king over Israel?

1 Sam. 16:13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

Rose

Victor
07-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Going back to Spoke 9 we see a parallel verse of Samuel again anointing a soon to be king...this time it is David.
1 Sam. 15:16-17 Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the LORD hath said to me this night. And he said unto him, Say on. And Samuel said, When thou wast little in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the LORD anointed thee king over Israel?

1 Sam. 16:13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

Rose

I have long associated the theme of "anointing" with Spoke 9. Since the Holy Spirit is associated with the Number 3, the concept of anointing seems to be an overtone based on the reinforcement of this number (3 x 3 = 9).

Jdg 9:8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.

Rose
07-05-2009, 10:33 PM
I have long associated the theme of "anointing" with Spoke 9. Since the Holy Spirit is associated with the Number 3, the concept of anointing seems to be an overtone based on the reinforcement of this number (3 x 3 = 9).
Jdg 9:8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.

Very good! Here's a couple more.

Dan. 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

John 9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,....11)He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

Rose

Victor
07-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Very good! Here's a couple more.
Dan. 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

John 9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,....11)He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.
Rose

I'm giving two links as well!

To the first:

Heb 9:2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
Heb 9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all.
If holiness has to do with Spoke 3, I think it is natural that the "Most Holy" (a.k.a. "Holy of Holies") should be associated with Spoke 9 (= 3 x 3, Holy of Holies).

To the second:

1Sa 12:3 Behold, here I am: witness against me before the LORD, and before his anointed: whose ox have I taken? or whose ass have I taken? or whom have I defrauded? whom have I oppressed? or of whose hand have I received any bribe to blind mine eyes therewith? and I will restore it you.
Blindness also has to do with Spoke 9. It is the opposite idea of Vision, related to Spoke 20 (ra'ah, to see).

Rose
07-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm giving two links as well!

To the first:
Heb 9:2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
Heb 9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all.
If holiness has to do with Spoke 3, I think it is natural that the "Most Holy" (a.k.a. "Holy of Holies") should be associated with Spoke 9 (= 3 x 3, Holy of Holies).

To the second:
1Sa 12:3 Behold, here I am: witness against me before the LORD, and before his anointed: whose ox have I taken? or whose ass have I taken? or whom have I defrauded? whom have I oppressed? or of whose hand have I received any bribe to blind mine eyes therewith? and I will restore it you.
Blindness also has to do with Spoke 9. It is the opposite idea of Vision, related to Spoke 20 (ra'ah, to see).

Jumping over to the diameter of Spoke 9, which is Spoke 20 and looking at restore.

Pro. 6:31 But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.

Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

Rose

Victor
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Jumping over to the diameter of Spoke 9, which is Spoke 20 and looking at restore.
Pro. 6:31 But if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.

Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

Rose

Great find! Please note that the connection between the two verses is deepened by the sentences highlighted in red.

There is a real Bible Wheel Spoke 20 KeyLink found by the words (restore, *fold, give).

Here's my verse from Spoke 20 of the Inner Cycle of Job:

Job 20:18 That which he laboured for shall he restore, and shall not swallow it down: according to his substance shall the restitution be, and he shall not rejoice therein.
The highlighted words form a KeyLink with Proverbs 6:31.

Rose
08-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Great find! Please note that the connection between the two verses is deepened by the sentences highlighted in red.

There is a real Bible Wheel Spoke 20 KeyLink found by the words (restore, *fold, give).

Here's my verse from Spoke 20 of the Inner Cycle of Job:
Job 20:18 That which he laboured for shall he restore, and shall not swallow it down: according to his substance shall the restitution be, and he shall not rejoice therein.
The highlighted words form a KeyLink with Proverbs 6:31.

Back to the 9's

Mar. 9:12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.

Rose

Victor
08-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Back to the 9's
Mar. 9:12 And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
Rose

So the 9's we return!

Luk 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Rose
12-28-2009, 09:59 AM
So the 9's we return!
Luk 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Back to some fun and games...:playball:

Amos 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Act 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will.

Both Amos and Acts speak of raising up the tabernacle of king David.....and we know that tabernacle to have been raised on the third day by the one who now sits on the throne of David, who is the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS.

Rose

Edward Goodie
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=RAM;19]The game of Verse Chains is an edifying form of entertainment. The first person picks a verse, and comments on it if they like (you don't have to comment, but its a good part of the game).

The next person then picks a verse that has a word or phrase in common with the first verse. I will start by playing the first three rounds.

/QUOTE]

Hebrews 1:10 – And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Hebrews 1:11 – They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

….

Hebrews 8:13 – In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Covenant or physical creation??? :)

Richard Amiel McGough
02-01-2010, 09:15 PM
The game of Verse Chains is an edifying form of entertainment. The first person picks a verse, and comments on it if they like (you don't have to comment, but its a good part of the game).

Hebrews 1:10 – And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Hebrews 1:11 – They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

….

Hebrews 8:13 – In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Covenant or physical creation??? :)
I think that is an excellent insight! It should probably be it's own thread.

Now following your lead, I will find a verse that speaks of the creation of heaven and earth:
Isaiah 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.
And then this links to another verse in Isaiah which connects the creation of God's Covenant People with the creation of heaven and earth:
Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
Note the parallelism:
Behold I create new heavens and a new earth
Behold I create Jerusalem and her people
Now that's some pretty simple math!

Rose
02-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Gen.1:2-5 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good:and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....4-5) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.....9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Parallels between physical creation and spiritual?
Spirit of God gives light - divides light from darkness - light is called first day

The Word of God gives light - makes a distinction between light and darkness - lights every man that comes into the world

Rose

Edward Goodie
02-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Gen.1:2-5 And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good:and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....4-5) In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.....9) That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Parallels between physical creation and spiritual?
Spirit of God gives light - divides light from darkness - light is called first day

The Word of God gives light - makes a distinction between light and darkness - lights every man that comes into the world

Rose

Exactly right Rose! We are way too "physical" oriented in our understanding of Scriptures. Why must God tell us that he created the "physical" creation? It is rather obvious, isn't it? And if Genesis one is a physical creation account, it is a rather poor one. What about all the other planets and solar systems, etc.? Instead, it just speaks of heaven and earth, very covenantal-type terms!

Edward Goodie
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I think that is an excellent insight! It should probably be it's own thread.

Now following your lead, I will find a verse that speaks of the creation of heaven and earth:
Isaiah 51:16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou art my people.
And then this links to another verse in Isaiah which connects the creation of God's Covenant People with the creation of heaven and earth:
Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. 18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
Note the parallelism:
Behold I create new heavens and a new earth
Behold I create Jerusalem and her people
Now that's some pretty simple math!

Are you saying that Isaiah 51:16 is the "in the beginning" referenced by Hebrews 1:10-11?