What is the Bible Wheel?

A Simple Beginning

(Click to view larger image.)

The Bible Wheel is a circular presentation of the Bible that I discovered by rolling up the traditional list of the sixty-six books like a scroll on a spindle wheel of twenty-two spokes which correspond to the twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet. The order of the Hebrew alphabet is established in the alphabetically structured passages of the Old Testament, most notably Psalm 119 that praises God’s Word from Aleph to Tav, from beginning to end. This exemplifies how everything in the Bible Wheel is derived from Scripture and Scripture alone.

Read more from Chapter 1 of the Bible Wheel book

A Unified View from a Higher Dimension

On May 12, 1995, I completed the first draft of the Bible Wheel shown below. I placed the Hebrew Letters on the outer rim so there would be room to write their names and listed the numerical position of each Book below its name for easy reference.The Bible Wheel

The structure consists of a circular matrix of sixty-six Cells on a Wheel of twenty-two Spokes. The sixty-six Cells form three wheels within the Wheel called Cycles. Each Cycle spans a continuous sequence of twenty-two books as follows:

The three cycles of the Bible Wheel

With the completion of the Bible Wheel, we now have a fully unified view of the whole Bible as a symmetrical, mathematically structured two-dimensional object. The increase from the traditional one-dimensional list of books to the two-dimensional Bible Wheel immediately reveals a host of unanticipated correlations between the three books on each spoke with each other and the corresponding Hebrew Letter.

Read more from Chapter 1 of the Bible Wheel book

A Large-Scale Pattern Appears

On May 14, 1999, after four years of fruitful study of the correlations between the books and Hebrew letter on each Spoke, I noticed that the three books on the first Spoke were also the first books of three primary divisions of Scripture:

The first Spoke of the Bible Wheel

This “coincidence” prompted me to examine the traditional groupings of the books. I discovered that Christian scholars have noted from ancient times that the books of the Bible naturally fall into distinctive categories that form this pattern on the Bible Wheel:

The Canon Wheel

The pattern begins with the first five books known variously as the Torah, the Law of Moses, or the Pentateuch. These five books are colored dark purple in the diagram above (Genesis to Deuteronomy). They are followed by twelve historical books from Joshua to Esther (dark red). The next five books are known as the Wisdom Books (dark purple). This completes the first Cycle of twenty-two books. The next Cycle begins with Isaiah, the first of the five Major Prophets (light purple). These are followed by the twelve books of the Minor Prophets (light red). This completes the Old Testament. Next comes the five books of New Testament History (Gospels and Acts, light purple) and the whole pattern is completed with twenty-two Epistles that occupy Cycle 3 (blue).

The Three Cycles of the Bible Wheel

Read more from Chapter 2 of the Bible Wheel book

The Canon Wheel – Sevenfold Symmetric Perfection

The image below is called the Canon Wheel. It displays the seven canonical divisons to reveal a deep, intrinsic symmetry in the structure of the Bible.The Canon Wheel

The symmetry embodies three symbolic elements – the Circle, the Number Seven, and the Alphabet. Each of these symbols convey different aspects of the ideas of unity, perfection, and completeness. The Number Seven is the premier Biblical symbol of perfection and completeness. The Circle encompassing the entire Bible is a universal archetype of unity and wholeness. The correspondence of each book with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet is complete from Aleph to Tav (the first and letters letters of the Hebrew alphabet). This echoes the symbolic meaning of the Alpha Omega that defines the nature of Deity:

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. — Revelation 1:8

With the advent of the Canon Wheel, we now have an overwhelming convergence of distinct, independent, universal, and Biblical symbols representing different aspects of the unity, perfection, and completeness of the Holy Bible. They synergistically interact to amplify the symbolic meaning each holds individually so that the significance of the whole is immeasurably greater than the sum of its individual parts. And yet for all this, we have only just begun to discover the wonder revealed by the simple act of “rolling up the Bible like a scroll.”

Read more from Chapter 3 of the Bible Wheel book

Hidden in Plain View for a Thousand Years

The Florence Baptistry

The image above is a mosaic of Christ Pantocrator (Ruler of All) from the Baptistry of San Giovanni of Florence, ca. AD 1300. It is an archetype of Christian iconography. Of primary significance is the tri-radiant halo behind the head of Christ. This form is echoed in the circle the encompasses Christ with his outstretched arms.

Christ praying in the GardenThe tri-radiant halo, also known as the cruciform nimbus, is the primary Sign of Deity used in traditional Christian art. It originated sometime around the sixth century and became a standard of almost all icons that followed. It has deep symbolic significance – the three rays simultaneously represent the two fundamental Christian doctrines of the Trinity and the cross of Christ. These symbolic elements carry over directly onto the Canon Wheel which now appears to be nothing less than a divine icon of the very faith taught in the pages of the book it faithfully represents. We now have a super-convergence of archetypal and Biblical symbols that combine to declare not only the unity, completion, and perfection of the Holy Bible, but also its central Gospel theme of the cross, and all of this conspires to reveal the ancient Sign of Deity – the signature of its Author! The significance of this symbolic confluence is amplified yet again when we recall how effortlessly everything unfolds when we simply “roll up the Bible like a scroll” and label the seven canonical divisions.

Read more from Chapter 3 of the Bible Wheel book

This entry was posted in Bible Wheel and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

54 Comments

1. Posted March 31, 2010 at 11:19 am | Permalink

This is one of the most amazing sites I’ve seen in YEARS! I may do a brief article advertising your site to my readers…with your permission, course.

2. Posted March 31, 2010 at 11:28 am | Permalink

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the encouraging words! You certainly have my permission to advertise this discovery on your site.

All the best,

Richard

PS: Folks can view Ed’s site by clicking on his name.

3. Posted April 7, 2010 at 8:20 am | Permalink

I spread the word of this amazing discovery to all the readers of Living With Fire.

Blessings to you, brother.

Ed
    Deut. 29:29

4. Posted January 12, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Greetings Richard,

I was surfing the web and came across your site. I am amazed so far at your Bible wheel, and how everything falls into place.

It’s funny that in the last comment Ed signed off with Deut. 29:29, because I wanted to comment to you that there is new revelation to be found on my website. It is regarding Holy Week chronology. The mystery has been revealed. Now, all Biblical Perspectives (Judaism, Messianic Judaism, Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant) are reconciled in one chronological timeline.

There is a lot of information in the free “Twilight Report” that you may be interested in. One my writings deals with the intersection between the natural (science) and the Supernatural (God) on the day of Jesus’ Crucifixion. I thought that you would be interested since you have a Physics background. I left the hypothesis for someone to run a computer simulation to prove the Supernatural. Now, after I read your background, it seems as though you may understand how to do it.

If you have time, stop by and take a look. I really think that you will be amazed. If you are amazed at this new revelation, maybe your Bible wheel may also show some correlation with this timeline.

Thanks for your time, David

Bringing Christian harmony to all the world.

5. Posted January 12, 2013 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

Hi David,

I watched the introductory video on your site and must say it was very professionally done. It looks great, but there were a couple points you probably would like to fix. First, the Hebrew phrase “beyn ha arbayim” was referred to as a Hebrew word. This is a small point, but folks who are interested in precision (like me) find such things rather off-putting. Second, the word “beyn” was consistently mispronounced as “bee-in” when it should sound like “bane” (to rhyme with rain). Getting this right seems particularly important since it is central to your thesis.

As for your hypothesis stated in your Computer Simulation PDF file, it needs to be refined. You wrote:

Hypothesis: Given that the movement of our Sun in the solar system is abruptly and completely stopped, and suspended in space, the resulting movement of the Earth would break free from the ecliptic and continue in its upward path and natural rotation. This resulting movement of the Earth would agree with Newton’s laws of motion, and with the natural law of conservation of angular momentum.

I find this difficult to understand. There is no “movement of our Sun in the solar system” so there is no way it could have “abruptly and completely stopped, and suspended in space.” It is the earth that moves around the sun. The idea that the Earth then “would break free from the ecliptic and continue in its upward path and natural rotation” likewise makes no sense to me. I scanned through all the other PDF files leading up to this hypothesis and did not see a clear explanation of what you meant. If you want folks to understand you, it would probably be best to write up a lucid explanation as briefly as possible.

But I did find one file that showed the spiral paths the planets form when we shift our view from the inertial frame of the sun to the inertial frame of the Milky Way galaxy. I’m guessing you meant that the sun suddenly stopped its movement relative to the Milky Way galaxy. But that doesn’t really make much sense since the galaxy is not an absolute frame of reference, so there is no reason to choose it over any other. It makes more sense just to use the inertial frame of the sun, or the earth if we were to be “Biblical” about it. In any case, your thesis needs to be clarified before anyone could do any testing of it.

All the best,

Richard

6. Posted January 12, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Thank you Richard for your quick reply and helpful feedback.

I do include a pdf file of a near plane view of the solar system. The whole solar system is moving together as a whole. If you stop the movement of the main component of that system (sun), wouldn’t the rest of that system (planets) continue its movement based on its momentum?

I do hope that you will spend more time looking at the material. You can visually see how the Catholic understanding of a Friday (Nisan 15) Crucifixion first began. You can visually see how the Orthodox understanding of a Friday (Nisan 14) Crucifixion first began. You can visually see how the Messianic Judaism Passover Seder first began. You can visually see the transition from the first covenant to the second covenant in the chronology. You can visually see how two important Pharisaic traditions first began during the fourteenth day of the first month at the appointed time, “beyn ha’ arbayim”, on the day Jesus was crucified and shed His Holy Precious Blood. You can visually see how there is complete harmony between the Gospel of John and the Synoptic Gospels. All of this is seen in the twelve diagrams in the itemized timeline pdf file.

All divisions within Christianity have a single common denominator for their misunderstanding. This issue can be summed up in two questions.

• Why do the Christian scholars use the Jewish “inclusive reckoning practice” in their exegesis for (Matthew 12:40), but do not use the same Jewish “inclusive reckoning practice” in their exegesis of (Exodus 12:19)? (seven vs. eight days that no leaven was found in the houses.)

• Do they understand that this inconsistency would have placed Jesus, and the entire congregation of Israel, in a position of obeying a Pharisaic tradition that breaks the command of God? This position is not faithful to the Word of God, and it also violates doctrinal integrity. Jesus followed all of His Father’s commands.

Thanks again for looking at the material.

David

7. Posted January 12, 2013 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Richard,

I just wanted to say that I didn’t see your last paragraph before I replied. Sorry about that.

Also, your expertise in Physics is better than mine. My engineering degree is from the eighty’s. Why would everything fall into place, if the three hour period of darkness was not caused as I explained it? Would you be able to explain the cause for this effect, in a better way, that I apparently was unable to adequately get across? Scriptural and historical records indicate a solar eclipse. (Jewish leaders Report to Pilate, and the, oldest and main manuscripts of Luke). A natural solar eclipse during the full moon is impossible, so that only leaves a supernatural eclipse.

Regards,
    David

8. Posted January 12, 2013 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

Hey there David,

When you say that the “whole solar system is moving together as a whole” you need to specify what it is moving relative to. That’s relativity. There has not been any “absolute motion” since Einstein. Therefore, it doesn’t make any sense to talk about the sun “stopping.” Stopping relative to what?

Now I think I get you basic idea. You are thinking of taking some point of view out in space somewhere and imagine watching the solar system move by, and then you imagine stopping the sun relative to your own point of view. But that doesn’t make any sense until you choose a frame of reference.

Astronomers begin by defining a “local standard of rest.” Relative to that, our solar systems moves at about 43,000 miles per hour (70,000 km/hr) roughly in the direction of the bright star Vega in the constellation of Lyra. Then you have to consider the motion of our “local standard of rest” which moves at about center of the Milky Way galaxy at 483,000 miles per hour! And then you must consider the motion of the Milky Way galaxy relative to the the CBR (Cosmic Background Radiation). It’s speed? 1.3 million miles per hour!

So when you talk about the sun “stopping” what is it stopping relative to?

Here is a good page where you can read about the relative motion of the planets around the sun, the sun around the galaxy, and the galaxy through the universe.

Now I looked more at your explanation. It seems your central thesis is this:

I have no reason to think that “between the evenings” would have that meaning, especially since it doesn’t make sense to speak of the sun “stopping.” And there are other contradictions that can’t be solved that way such as the anointing at Bethany which happened both before and after the Triumphal Entry depending on which Gospels we read. And there are many other contradictions throughout the Bible so the idea of solving a 2000 year old contradiction this way just isn’t convincing to me. Sorry. I’m just letting you know how things seem to me.

All the best,

Richard

9. Posted January 12, 2013 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

Hey there David,

The impression of “everything falling into place” is a very compelling experience. The problem is that many people see “everything falling into place” in contradictory ways. So we must sharpen our intellects to avoid falling into error. Let me show you by example. Here is your explanation:

The solution is found in how one interprets twilight, “between the two evenings”, in [Exodus 12:6]. If one interprets one of the evenings as belonging to Jewish man, and the other evening as belonging to God, then the apparent contradiction disappears. Does God have an evening from His perspective? Yes! The first three days of Creation all had evenings associated with them, yet man was not created until the sixth day. So these evenings must belong to God. What is God’s evening? Well, we know that it could not be sunset, since the sun was not created until the fourth day. God’s evening then would be the end of God’s day, the end of light, the beginning of darkness. Even though from Jewish man’s perspective the fourteenth day ends at sunset, from God’s perspective, the fourteenth day continues until first darkness. Therefore, between these two evenings, would be the time period between sunset and darkness. This time period, from Jewish man’s perspective, would fall entirely on the Jewish fifteenth calendar day, however, from God’s perspective, it would be considered to be on the fourteenth day between the two evenings.

I do not find your explanation intellectually satisfying or well-founded in Scripture. First, it sounds like you interpret the days of Genesis 1 as literal 24 hour days. That doesn’t work for many reasons. Second, you leap to the conclusion that God has “an evening from His perspective.” I don’t think it follows from what the Bible says and it doesn’t even make sense to me.

From a logical perspective, your solution looks to me like “special pleading.” It does not follow any general principles that I use to understand the rest of Scripture.

All the best,

Richard

10. Rose
    Posted January 13, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Hi David,

If one is going to appeal to the supernatural, then there is no need for any kind of explanation, because anything that god does is suspending the natural laws anyway.

11. Posted January 17, 2013 at 8:06 am | Permalink

Richard,

Your skepticism about God and the Bible is wrong, badly wrong. I do not believe that you have ever heard of the Kingdom Bible or the Golden Ratio format of the Bible. I urge you to go to my website and learn about it, because the eternal destination of your soul depends upon it.

In fact, I have created a special web page on my site dedicated to discussing the so-called “Bible Wheel” idea, and why it is completely wrong. I have no beef with you personally, and I make that clear on the site. It is only and completely about the Bible, and I just want people to use your experience as a pointer to the truth (kind of like C). You can find it here:

I’m sure that both you and your wife are smart, educated people with good intentions. But I think that your “Bible Wheel” idea provides a great opportunity to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and explain why the Traditional format of the Bible (Old and New “Testaments”) is completely false and needs revision. The Kingdom Bible version (of which I am the Editor and Translator) provides the true format of the Bible, and it proves that the Bible is of completely divine origin because of the Golden Ratio format of UCCOO. It takes too long to explain it all in a posting like this, so I have provided over 20 videos on youtube that provide the necessary background to the Kingdom Bible project. You can find the links on this page: here, or you can search youtube with “Kingdom Bible UCCOO format” to find the entire list of videos.

My website provides a free download of the current edition of the Kingdom Bible in pdf format. You can find it here: here

You can correspond with me at the email attached to this post.

12. Posted January 17, 2013 at 8:08 am | Permalink
  13. Posted January 17, 2013 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Please go to http://www.phibible.org to find the true format of the Bible and why the “Bible Wheel” could not possibly be true.

I have dedicated a special page to this subject at http://www.phibible.org/Miscellaneous/BibleWheel.htm

14. Posted January 17, 2013 at 8:21 am | Permalink

I see that you made up your own order of books for the Bible. By what authority do you change the Bible? Why should anyone think that your invention is correct?

15. Posted January 17, 2013 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Hey there Max,

You are correct, I had never heard of the “Kingdom Bible” before.

How could your invention of a new Bible have anything to do with the “eternal destination” of my soul? Do you consider yourself a prophet of God with a new revelation?

Your assertion about the Bible Wheel are false and unfounded. Whether you accept or reject the traditional structure of the Protestant Bible of 66 books is irrelevant. It exists, and the Bible Wheel is an accurate 2D representation of that object, so it is not false. Simple as that. The only question is if the Bible Wheel reveals patterns that require explanation – meaningful patterns that cannot be explained as the product of any conscious effort by the people who put it together. This is why it seems your Kingdom Bible couldn’t prove anything – anyone can make up any patterns they want given the raw material.

I’ll have to review your material before commenting more.

All the best,

Richard

16. Posted January 18, 2013 at 4:41 am | Permalink

It takes much too long to explain in this context. I have prepared over 20 videos on youtube that go into all of the details of the why and how of the Golden Ratio format of the Bible. Here is a quick link to them.

God called me to the task of finding the true format of the Bible over 30 years ago, and I found it (or rather began to find it) around 2005 when I discovered the principle of UCCOO based upon the Fibonacci sequence from which the Golden Ratio is derived. After that, the Lord showed me place after place in the Bible where this pattern is found, and in fact, it is found on every page and in every Division, Volume, Book, Part, Chapter, Section, Paragraph, Sub-paragraph and even below that in some places. God has done something truly amazing in his Word. I urge you to watch and listen to the videos to learn about it.

17. Posted January 18, 2013 at 4:48 am | Permalink

Remember that my comment is not an attack on you. I am only pointing out that there are not 66 documents in the Bible, only 63, because Chronicles, Kings, and Samuel were not originally broken in two pieces when they were written. It is a historical fact that the reason they were broken into two “Books” was that the writing medium of the day (sheepskins, vellum or whatever) was far too bulky and difficult to handle if the entire body of text for each Book as a whole were to be placed onto a single skin, vellum or whatever it was. So for convenience, they simply broke the Books at what they thought might be the middle point, and created two separate “Books”, but originally they were not. God did not inspire the breaking of the documents, only the original text.

Therefore, there is no validity to the idea of 66 as a number related to the number of Bible documents. I pointed you to the videos in the post above, so I will leave it at that for now.

18. Posted January 18, 2013 at 4:50 am | Permalink

And btw, no, I am not a prophet, only one of his servants trying to do his will, one day at a time.

19. Posted January 18, 2013 at 7:43 am | Permalink

Hey there Max,

Don’t worry, I didn’t feel like you were attacking me. And just to let you know, I love a challenge!

I agree that the division of the books like Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles was probably done because of the size of the scrolls, but that’s irrelevant to the Bible Wheel because the BW is nothing but a 2D representation of an actual object that exists in the world – the traditional 66 book canon. I never appeal to “authority” to justify anything. The only reason the BW appears to be significant is because it exposes patterns that in that object – the 66 book canon – that seem to be highly significant and so in need of explanation.

Now you say that there are “really” only 63 books because you recombined three pairs that were previously divided. What about Ezra/Nehemiah? Those books were originally one book. How do you deal with this? Should you not have really only 62 books?

Also, I’ve looked around your site a bit and have not found any clear and straightforward description of your claims. I don’t have time to sift through thousands of pages trying to figure out your thesis. Do you have a page where you simply state your thesis in a few paragraphs? And I’m confused by your table of Bible books on your Bible Wheel page. I see some of the standard names (Genesis, Exodus, etc.) but then I see all sorts of things listed that don’t have any name of a standard Bible book. So I don’t even know what your table is supposed to mean.

I also note that you have rearranged the order of the NT History section to be Matthew, Luke, John, Mark, Acts. How do you justify this? Do you have an objective rule, or would ten different people come up with ten different orders? That’s the real problem with inventing systems like yours. Folks can make up whatever they want and there is no way to tell who is right and who is wrong, or if there is any right or wrong rearrangement.

Are you familiar with other attempts similar to yours? I’ve seen a number different arrangements declared to be the “correct” order.

20. Posted January 18, 2013 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Hey there Max,

A few points you might want to consider. Your entire thesis appears to be that your rearrangement reveals an underlying pattern that unifies Scripture. That’s exactly the same claim I make about the Bible Wheel. Of course, the difference between your patterns and mine are that mine is that mine don’t require any rearrangement or manipulation on my part at all. The BW simply displays patterns that already exist implicitly.

I noticed on your site that you appreciate the meaning of the alphabetic structure of Psalm 119 as representing the “completeness and perfection” from Aleph to Tau. That’s one of the reasons the BW seems so significant. It “seals” the Bible from Aleph to Tau, or to use the Greek equivalent, from Alpha to Omega. And this happens with the BW without any effort or manipulation.

I also thought you might be interested in the work of others who rearrange the Bible to fit patterns. One of the more prominent examples was Restoring the Original Bible by Ernest L. Martin. I critiqued it here.

21. Posted January 18, 2013 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Again, the videos take you from the beginning of the project and explain everything. The Bible is extremely complex, and cannot be explained in a couple of paragraphs. I’ve spent at least 2 hours in one-on-one sessions with pastors laying the groundwork, and even that is barely sufficient to even begin. It took me over five years of continuous study before I discovered the Golden Ratio pattern in the Scriptures, so how could I possibly expect everyone else, most of whom barely even understand the basics of Christianity, let alone the details of Deuteronomy or even the Gospel of John, to grasp such a powerful concept as the Golden Ratio applied to the Word of God? If it were that easy to understand, it surely would have been found long ago, but it wasn’t.

You should listen to my video testimony to understand where I personally am coming from, so that you don’t think I am some kind of flake with no testimony. All of the “Foundation” videos are numbered from 1 to the teens to show which ones should be watched/listened to first. Start with those, and after you’ve watched them, we’ll have something to talk about.

As far as Ezra and Nehemiah goes, in fact, they ARE part of a larger LOGICAL Book, which is also composed of all of the post-captivity documents (Lamentations, Esther, Nehemiah, Ezra, and Haggai), which makes up Part 1, and Revelation, which makes up Part 2. Each Part of every large BOOK, always contains Five Chapters. Revelation contains Five Chapters; the post-captivity documents make up Five Chapters, thus making up ONE Book. This structure is EXACTLY the same in every BOOK all through the Bible. Thus, God gave us the pattern that holds true for the smaller documents:
    The FIVE Book Pairs (Joshua-Judges, Hebrews-Romans, Daniel-Zechariah, Job-Proverbs, 1 and 2 Corinthians) have the exact same structure when combined, as each of these documents have five Chapters, so that when combined, they make up a logical Book with Ten Chapters. All of the large Books (Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Lev., Deut., Jer., Isaiah, Ezek., Samuel, Kings, Chronicles, Matthew, Luke, John, Mark, Acts) all have Ten Chapters divided into two Parts of Five Chapters each. Thus, this leaves the smallest documents in the Bible, each of which, when combined with the other documents that they logically belong to, make up a Logical Book Group. The Psalms are 150. Using the pattern found elsewhere, you find that (when combined with other Psalms in the same type of logical groups) they have the exact same pattern that (leaving out a lot of explanation that requires the video presentation) gives us 15 Books, with a total of 40 Books. The number 40 should remind you of a number of events mentioned in the Bible: the Flood, Jesus’ fasting in the wilderness, etc).

God uses numbers in the Bible; and the vast majority of them are related to the Golden Ratio derived from the Fibonacci sequence: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8… The Bible only uses the first FIVE numbers of this sequence. Did you notice the abundance of the number FIVE yet?

I know these statements are begging for more explanation, but you’ll have to watch the videos. It just takes too much space.

22. Posted January 18, 2013 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Richard,

You are not the first, nor will you be the last, to find some coincidence which “seems” to hold true, and then use that to build a structure upon it that, to the untrained eye, looks very good.

I commend you for your efforts to understand the Bible better. If even half of all those who profess to believe in Jesus Christ (which apparently doesn’t include you, because in your own words, you “left the faith”) put forth the effort that you have, I’m certain that our churches would be far more fruitful than they are.

I’m just telling you what I know for a fact, and I understand why you may not be ready to accept that, at least for now. If you really want to know the truth about the Bible, then I invite you to study what I have provided on youtube, and read the Kingdom Bible for yourself. It will take probably a number of weeks or even months of continuous study before you can begin to really appreciate the Kingdom Bible, but if you give it a chance, I believe that you will.

God is so good, and we are so unworthy of what He has done for us on the cross, and we are also unworthy of the great treasure that He has given us in his precious Word.

God Himself said, through the inspired psalmist, “I will worship toward your holy Temple, and praise your Name for your lovingkindness and for your truth: for you have magnified your Word above all your Name.” Psalm 138:2

I want to leave one note of caution: currently the KB is undergoing revision, because I recently discovered that within the paragraph divisions of the current edition, there are yet more Golden Ratio divisions to be found. Some paragraphs as they currently are, as just right. Others contain either 3 or 5 sub-paragraphs in the exact same pattern found in the Chapters, Sections, and paragraphs. I had seen some of these previously, but my own understanding of the Bible had not yet grown to be able to know what to do with them. Now at least, I am in the process of learning how these should be dealt with. But in the meantime, the current edition of the KB contains some limitations, and even some errors in the format.

The vast majority of the format is very good, but not yet perfect. Nonetheless, you can benefit a great deal even with the limitations of this edition. I just want you to be aware of this. The Sermon on the Mount, in particular, in the current edition format has been significantly updated, and that has not yet been published.

23. Posted January 18, 2013 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Lastly, the translation of the Kingdom Bible is very solid, and has scarcely changed except in very tiny snippets for a number of years. The KJV edition of the KB uses the KJV text as is with no changes to the words, but updates all of the out-of-date punctuation and improper capitalization, and adds text coloring for quotations of any Person of the Trinity. There is a Spanish edition of the KB, but is not available at this time, because of the current ongoing revision.

24. Posted January 18, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Hey there Max,

I think we could have a fruitful discussion, but this particular comment thread is not the place to be discussing your project, since it is for discussion of the Bible Wheel. If you would like to discuss these things more, it would be best if you registered on my forum. You could start your own thread so the conversation would be devoted to your work. And there are lots of other folks on the forum who are interested in patterns in the Bible who would probably join in.

Hope to see you there!

Richard

25. Posted January 22, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink

I’m very busy, as not only am I trying to do yet another iteration in the development of the KB format, but I’m also attending college full-time trying to finish my CS degree and get back into engineering work. This is my last semester with a lot of programming, so if I can find some time I will. I am set up with the forum, so we will have to see how it goes. I have to support my work through a secular career, similar to the Apostle Paul’s method.

26. Posted January 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Hey there Max,

Good luck with your school and work. The forum will be here when you find time.

All the best,

Richard

27. Gerry Mason
    Posted January 28, 2013 at 11:26 pm | Permalink

Hello, I thought I only had a couple of short questions…

Those first-
    If I search a topic and find a succession of prime numbers, what is that indicating? Do prime numbers hold a particular meaning due to being prime?

One particular question of canon order. Have you ever seen an indication that the book of John would fit first in the gospel order?

Having read your updated testimony and seeing your 2013 resolution I am compelled to humbly offer this: for earlier today I was studying Love and unity specifically. My first thought reading your current faith status was that you found proof of divine order without transitioning to faith. Sure your name’s not Thomas :)? So, God by human perspective should be infinite, yes? Are you disappointed to not completely understand? Your strengths clearly are math and reason based. The Word says the greatest teacher of scripture is the Holy Spirit, which comes by faith.

Ironically (there is no word for coincidence in Hebrew), this relates to my question, as the gospel focused on faith is John, while the first three are proofs to various communities and stations. I have had a similar experience with the teachers of my kids in Christian schools. Most Seminary trained teachers seem to reduce the Bible to a work of literature. Then, study commentaries rather than read the word directly. Taking from John, the scripture is a document come to earthly life. A complete unit, with portions, but not separations. John parallels Genesis of material creation, by introducing the age of Grace and the presence of the Holy Spirit. Grace and faith go together. If you can prove it, it isn’t faith.

In Love, by Love, and thru Love,
    John for a day

28. Posted January 29, 2013 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Hey there John,

I appreciate your comments, but I see no basis for your suggestion that I “found proof of divine order without transitioning to faith.” Why would you think that? I get the impression you haven’t read my former testimony when I was a Christian. I was every bit as much “faith-filled” as any other. It never was dead intellectualism. I used to describe myself as a “blood-bought born-again Bible believing Trinitarian Christian.” I explain more in my articles Why I Quit Christianity and Why I became a Christian.

You are correct that there are strong correlations between John and Genesis based on the idea of creation, but putting John as first in the order of the Gospels would not align it with Genesis on Spoke 1 so that wouldn’t help. Your suggestion of moving the books around to find better patterns is the basis of my Bible Wheel Challenge which is a way to test if the patterns in the Bible Wheel are objectively valid. Here is how I stated it years ago:

The Bible Wheel Challenge asserts that the Christian canon is truly perfect in the twofold sense that 1) no rearrangement of its books would improve upon the patterns discovered on the Bible Wheel, and 2) any rearrangement would cause an obvious degradation of existing patterns. The challenge is for the opponent to suggest a rearrangement and present arguments for why such a change would produce patterns equal to or superior to those presently seen in the Bible Wheel. This challenge simultaneously proves the invincibility of the Bible Wheel even as it demonstrates the vacuity of the skeptics canard that “patterns mean nothing because they can be found in anything.” It is an extremely powerful challenge because it can not be refuted without interacting with the data, and the data is the touchstone that proves the Bible Wheel.

This challenge has been online for about ten years and no one has yet tried to answer it. I still think the patterns are truly optimal given the books, but they could have been a lot better if the books themselves were better. So it has the feel of something like evolution, where organisms are highly optimized for their environment but are far from “perfect” since they are limited by their historical development.

So the Bible Wheel remains a mystery, but it cannot prove the Bible to be the authoritative “Word of God” that most Christians think it is. An intelligent reading of it does not allow for that possibility.

As for the primes – they are significant because they are the “building blocks” of the composite numbers. Every number is a product of primes. It’s rather like the periodic table of number theory.

Now you said:

I am not disappointed about what I don’t understand. I am disappointed because of what I do understand. People who believe the Bible tend to ignore and explain away the parts they don’t like. I am not willing to do that, and I am utterly convinced that no God would want anyone to corrupt their minds that way.

Finally, the idea that “if you can prove it, it isn’t faith” shows why faith can be so destructive. It corrupts the minds and the morals of believers when they are told to believe something “on faith” without proof. That’s what every religion does. Muslims believe the Koran without faith. Mormons believe their book. Every cult teaches faith without proof. How is Christianity any different?

Thanks for taking time to share you insights,

Richard

29. Gerry Mason
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Richard,
    Thank you for your thoughtful reply. You are correct that I had not read your prior testimony. I came to the blog only to ask my simple questions.

My comment regarding a divine inspiration as a proof was meant to be a paraphrase of some of your comments and testimony that I did read. Perhaps “perfect order” might have been a better reflection. I am still perplexed that you see the mathematic order in scripture, but consider questions of scripture errors rather than lack of understanding.

I do understand that religion is a problem, rather than a solution. Of course, my perspective is that faith and scripture are not a religion. Religion is a human problem. Man is inherently flawed. This is the same reason that unity of man, apart from a loving God, is closer to evil than good. In fact, the greatest value of “diversity” is to prevent the coming together of all of man’s worst tendencies. Seeking a complete morality is unattainable for humans. The only option is to define morality down to something flawed man, individually or collectively can achieve.

You referenced evolution as an example. Any geneticist can explain that duplication and mutation always result in inferior and less complex organisms in nature. This is true even if one allows “millions of years.” By the same token, our ancestors were stronger genetically than we are; probably a lot smarter, too.

In any case, my intention was merely to offer some food for thought, rather than to “re-convert” you. We each have our own path. I have found your research a valuable reference and appreciate your openness.

Kind Regards,
    GM

30. Posted January 31, 2013 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I’m glad this conversation is continuing. I too am “perplexed” by the patterns in Scripture since they suggest a “design” from an intelligence that transcends humans whereas the same cannot be said about the text itself. I don’t see how your suggestion that all the problems could be resolved by merely assuming that we have a “lack of understanding” could work. The problem is not that I don’t understand what the text says, the problem is that I understand all too well and see that it is impossible to “explain away” all the problems. One possibility is to assume that God designed the Bible to be some kind of test to see if we put truth over the dogma that the Bible is the “inerrant and infallible Word of God.” If God is the author, then he know he deliberately wrote a book that contains many errors, contradictions, ancient mythology, and moral abominations attributed to God. So what is an honest person to do? I cannot pretend the problems are not there or that they could be explained away as a “lack of understanding.” Yet neither can I deny that the Bible has profound wisdom, that it contains deep patterns that cohere with the meaning of the plain text, and that it has played a central role in the formation of world consciousness. That’s why I’m mystified.

I don’t understand your idea that “faith and scripture are not a religion.” Those are the defining characteristics of religions like Islam, Mormonism, Catholicism, Protestantism, etc., etc., etc, To say that Christianity (with its foundation in Scripture and faith) is not a “religion” seems like a meaningless word game to me. I know that Christians like to say that their religion is different then everyone else’s but that seems like a rhetorical trick with no content because there is no way to distinguish between “religion” and “Christianity” as far as I can tell.

Your assertion that “Any geneticist can explain that duplication and mutation always result in inferior and less complex organisms in nature” is not true. Can you substantiate it? Have you ever studied evolution at all? It is one of the most firmly established and well-verified of all scientific theories.

All the very best,

Richard

31. Posted February 5, 2013 at 6:27 am | Permalink

“What is the Bible Wheel?” was indeed a marvelous post, can not wait to go through a lot more of ur
    blogs. Time to waste a bit of time on the internet lolz.
    Thanks for the post -Brad

32. garry
    Posted February 11, 2013 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

There is no way, other then in elitist fashion, to say that Christianity is “not a religion.” Richard is absolutely correct about that. And warning here, I am CLEARLY not nearly as educated, inteligent, ETC. as Richard or several others here that have posted. Shoot, I can’t even spell good (“well” maybe?). AT ANY RATE!!! lol. The point that I wanted to make is this: Like it or not, EVERY system of worship, even (or perhaps ESPECIALLY) nonothestic systems, ARE “religion.” And it is religion that has seperated man from God since the Garden itself. That is the whole message of that story that God has preserved all these years. The choice that God symbolized wtih the two trees is as true today as it was for Adam. If you choose to devour fruit from “trees” who bear fruit that dictates to you what is “good/right” and what is “evil/wrong” then you have chosen a religious system over actually “walking with God.” Once you start eating from THAT tree, you die. I.e., you no longer have council from a LIVING God, but a system that believes that it has it all figured out instead. And it was the serpent that preached the the very first sermon ever preached that convinced them to do so. And please, don’t anyone whoop up on me with the “situational ethics” line. I am not talking about that. But, having said that, EVERY situation, EVERY individual, EVERY combination of the two, is too complex, too disguised, too… well, too dang everything, for us to fool ourselves into thinking that we can jot down laws, rules, exhaustive lists of “do’s and don’ts,” etc. in advance to know how to deal with it. That is where “religion” (Christianity included) falls woefully short of being much of any good… in fact, most always just the oppisite: it’s is harmful, hurtful, and uncompasionate. Always has been, always will be. Richard is to be commended (yeah, I know, “but he doesn’t believe in…” I know, I got it) for having the ba… (careful now garry…) “courage” to be plain about it. Christianity IS a religion. Not one that Jesus started, just one that got started after his death and resurection.

33. garry
    Posted February 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Could I add one more wee tidbit? You know, I am working on a article about what I call, “Bible worshipers.” Here’s the thing: The Bible can easily have “errors” in it. It is a book, it was written by men, same as you and I (well, I inclued you chicks in that “men” thing too, although you apparently weren’t allowed to write, or perhaps learn to write… HOWEVER, there ARE women written about!). I have no problem with that. Heck, if for no other reason then translation errors, lost understandings of words, phrases, customs, times lived in, what have you. But, I KNOW the God of the bible, and HE is “inerrorant.” If you pick the bible apart, analize it to death, study it until you have gone mad, but fail to see the most important reason that God has preserved it through all these thousands of years, then you benifit from it no more then… well Richard does! (please forgive me Richard, trying to make a point to the “bible worshipers” if you will allow me to use your current beliefs (or lack there of) that way.) The overwhelming message that it’s preservation should have is simply this: God DOES communicate with men and women. If you don’t see that, if you don’t understand that, if you don’t believe that, then why on earth would you serve a silent God that a book tells you about? Unless mere “religion” is satisfactory for you. It isn’t for me. If it had been, I wouldn’t know God today as I do. All I would know is what some other man has told me about him… from what some other man told him about him… from what some other man… well, you get what I’m saying I hope! (btw, that Max Day guy seems really, REALLY proud, almost as proud and full of himself as Moses was! A true bible worshiper and a prime example of what I am talking about!)

34. garry
    Posted February 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

Ok, scratch that last remark… It came off not as I intended. Sounds a bit snippity. I apologize to Max Day, not so much for what I said as for how I said it. Yeah… ok, for saying it at all. Wasn’t necessary.

35. Posted February 13, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

Hi Garry,

We are in good agreement that “laws, rules, exhaustive lists of do’s and don’ts” can’t encompass morality. I’ve written about that a lot here and there.

I think your interpretation of the two trees is an interesting way to apply the story but I doubt it is what the original authors intended. And I am confused when you say that “God has preserved the story all these years” since your interpretation does not seem to concur with how Paul interpreted the fall. So are you saying the OT was preserved by God, but not the NT? Or do we have to reinterpret Paul to conform to your interpretation of the fall?

All the best,

Richard

36. Posted February 21, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

When someone writes an article he/she retains the idea
    of a user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.
    Therefore that’s why this paragraph is outstdanding. Thanks!

37. Posted March 6, 2013 at 6:29 am | Permalink

Here is a page with preview photos from the upcoming release of the 7th Edition of the Kingdom Bible.

38. Marilynn
    Posted April 13, 2013 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

Greetings I am so grateful I found your blog
    page, I really found you by accident, while I was looking on Aol for something else, Anyhow I am here
    now and would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

39. cathy
    Posted April 17, 2013 at 8:53 am | Permalink

I just found your blog and am very intrigued by the BW. Do you realize that the picture of the scroll you show at the top of the blog looks very much like the space pictures of the milky way galaxy? Amazing! The heavens surely declare His Glory and pour forth speech so that mankind is without excuse. I enjoyed reading the exchange between you and David Behrens.

Maybe you will find this connection interesting. I was looking up the gematria of 172 when I found your site. There are 172 Hebrew words in the Ten Commandments, so I wanted to look up all the words with the gematria of 172. The very fist word is a’queb (heel or footprint) is from Gen. 3:15 (garry posted about the garden in eden; this word is connected to the serpent/deceiver who constantly challenges the authority of God’s word & instructions). Another derivative of the word is e’kev (come to pass) is found in Deuteronomy 7:12 and Isaiah 14:24: “The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand”. Here’s the connection I’m making: by keeping Torah (God’s instructions) and the Testimony (of Messiah) we do battle and defeat the serpent (Rev. 14:12, 1 John 5:7, Isa. 8:20).

God makes known the end from the beginning. There is a mystery in Beresheit (Genesis). The two Hebrew letters Aleph &Tav (First & Last, Alpha & Omega) appear together in Genesis 1:1 (you see it in the Hebrew, but it’s not translated. Genesis 1:1 is comprised of 7 words, “seven” represents Spiritual Perfection. Revelation 1:8 confirms the one who is the Alef-Tav hidden in Genesis 1:1 is Elohim Yehoshua! Baruch Ha’Shem.

40. Michael Korn
    Posted May 7, 2013 at 3:03 am | Permalink

“If even half of all those who profess to believe in Jesus Christ (which apparently doesn’t include you, because in your own words, you “left the faith”) put forth the effort that you have, I’m certain that our churches would be far more fruitful than they are.”

Regarding Max’s statement here, it is my experience, based on visting churches of virtually every denomination and reading apologetics works by Catholics, Orthodox, and Evangelical authors, that Christians generally do not put forth any effort. In fact the whole thrust of Christianity, confirmed by the words of Jesus Himself in the Gospels, is to find rest from intellectual and moral laboring.

Christians have a dangerous tendency to rely on “experts” like Max and to let them do all the thinking for them. And then they have the audacity to proclaim that eating from the Tree of Knowledge led to the downfall of man…

41. Michael Korn
    Posted May 7, 2013 at 4:07 am | Permalink

Richard,

I looked at the comments of Behrens briefly. He seems to make a number of errors:

1. Bayn Ha Arbayim I was taught in Orthodox Jewish yeshiva means Between the Shadows, and refers to the afternoon offering between the time of noon, when the sun starts casting an eastern shadow as it moves to the west, and sunset, when the shadowing process is complete.

2. Jews sacrificed the Paschal lamb on 14 Nissan. This is called Erev Pesach not the first day of Unleavened Bread which was 15 Nissan. Leaven became forbidden around noon of 14 Nissan, but they actually were forbidden to eat unleavened products until 15 Nissan.

3. There were ordinary festival sacrifices on the morning of 15 Nissan, but these were not termed Paschal Lambs (Qorban Pesach). Jesus could not have brought a paschal lamb offering on 15 Nissan because there would have been no priests in the Temple to offer it for Him.

It saddens and amazes me that Christians not only demonize Jews but insist on stealling, distorting and coopting their own sacred traditions.

42. Michael Korn
    Posted May 7, 2013 at 4:12 am | Permalink

twilight mentioned below could not be after dark, or else it would then be 15 NIssan:

The Lord spoke to Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, on the first new moon of the second year following the exodus from the land of Egypt, saying: Let the Israelite people offer the passover sacrifice at its set time: you shall offer it on the fourteenth day of this month, at twilight, at its set time; you shall offer it in accordance with all its rites and rules

— Num. 9:1–3, JPS translation

43. Herbert M Pepper
    Posted May 7, 2013 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

Everyone should check out what Dr. Ralph Allison discovered regarding what I consider to be another name for the conscience. His website is dissociation.com. The name is Essence. I know that my Essence is connected to the creator. The information he received from the supervisor of the Essences came as a direct result of his practice as a Psychiatrist. He worked with patients with multiple personality disorder for over 22 years. He has numerous papers available to be printed. Don’t mind the copyright. He gives permission to anyone. The Essence(s) want people to be aware of them and what they do for mankind.

44. Shuruk
    Posted May 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

@R.A. McGough

Dear Sir,

There are 39 books in the Tanach, as there are also 39 turns on the Tzitzit. The number 39 is found to be significant in that it is the gematria (numerical equivalent) of the words: “The Lord is One” Deuteronomy 6:4)

When you add the 27 books of a New Testament, the total is 66 (which you have shown me).

The Tanakh uses the literal word ‘curse’, 66 times. Also, 66 members of Jacob’s (Israel’s) family went into Egypt, which was truly a curse from my point of view, in fact, we celebrate every year the leaving Egypt. I don’t see 66 as being a necessarily good number, or am I wrong about this?

Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Wild guesses and other speculation is perfectly acceptable to me.

Respectfully,
    Shuruk

45. Posted May 24, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

Hey there Shuruk,

I don’t think you can really get at the symbolic meaning of a number (assuming one exists) by cherry picking a few examples and then interpreting them as “good” or “bad” or whatever. If there are no guiding principles anyone can make up anything they want.

When I was studying gematria I would look for coherent self-reflective self-confirming structures which I called Biblical Holographs. They are passages in which the same prime number(s) would recur in nested multiples. I was particularly impressed if those primes also were the numerical value of the central message of the passage. One of the most striking examples of this is the Shema. You mentioned the gematria of the part that says YHWH echad (The Lord is one) which has the value of 39 which is a multiple of the prime number 13. There are four nested multiples of 13 in that one verse, and 13 is the value of “echad” which is the central message of the verse:

13 x 1 = 13 = echad (one)
    13 x 2 = 26 = YHVH (The Lord)
    13 x 3 = 39 = YHVH echad (The Lord is one)
    13 x 86 = 1118 = Sum of Shema (Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one)

The last identity is particularly striking because the number 86 is the value of Elohim (God) and so the sum of the entire Shema is 1118 = 13 (ONE) x 86 (GOD) which is the meaning and message of the text itself. I call this the Unity Holograph.

The Unity Holograph

Great chatting,

Richard

46. Posted August 10, 2013 at 7:24 am | Permalink

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague
    who had been conducting a little research on
    this. And he in fact ordered me dinner due to the fact that I
    discovered it for him… lol. So let me reword this..
    .. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this issue here on your site.

47. Posted September 18, 2013 at 1:07 am | Permalink

Stop by my web blog … Garden Furniture Vintage [fdradio.com]

48. Posted September 18, 2013 at 2:59 am | Permalink

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.

Check out my blog butiksbelysning led

49. Posted July 10, 2014 at 10:34 am | Permalink

Finasteride on the other hand has been approved by Food and Drug Administration to treat enlargement of
    prostate. Traction Alopecia (often caused by excessive or tight braiding or
    ponytails). Testing blood or saliva usually is done in the morning and evening with the normal ranges as noted below.

Review my blog; igrow hair rejuvenation laser reviews

50. Posted July 11, 2014 at 3:56 am | Permalink

A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I believe that you need to write more about this topic, it
    may not be a taboo subject but usually folks don’t speak about such topics.
    To the next! Many thanks!!

my blog post: website

51. Posted July 12, 2014 at 2:17 am | Permalink

A Los Gatos plumbing expert is a strategy to all of your plumbing Los Gatos problems.
    It is said that it is useful in the opening of drainage in some cases.
    Your time is valuable, so it doesn’t make much sense to spend all of it dealing with a plumbing problem.

Here is my web blog … Install tub pompano beach Real estate

52. Posted July 15, 2014 at 4:32 am | Permalink

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The wwords in your postt seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
    I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to
    do with web browser compatibility buut I thought
    I’d post to let you know. The layout look great though!
    Hope you get the issue solved soon. Maany thanks

53. Posted July 21, 2014 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

I’m really impressed together with your writing talents as well as
    with the layout on your weblog. Is tat this a paid subject matter or did
    you modify it yourself? Anyway kewp up the excellent
    high quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great blog
    liike this one today..

Here is my weblog skip hire Uxbridge

54. Posted July 22, 2014 at 1:50 am | Permalink

What’s up colleagues, how is the whole thing, and what
    you desire to say on the topic of this post, in my view its in fact awesome designed for me.