Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

John 11 and Rev. 11

John 11 Rev. 11

Thematic link:
    John 11:38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. 39) Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? ..43) And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44) And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
    Rev. 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half (31/2 days = 4 days), and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
    Both John 11 and Rev. 11 speak of bodies being dead 4 days (31/2 days = 4 days) and then being called forth to life by God.

God Bless

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Very good Rose! This links to the theme of Resurrection. The first one recorded in the Bible is in Book 11 (1 Kings). I wrote more about it in a thread about Spoke 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Very good Rose! This links to the theme of Resurrection. The first one recorded in the Bible is in Book 11 (1 Kings). I wrote more about it in a thread about Spoke 11.
    I've always had a "tickle" in the back of my mind that connects the Number 11 with Resurrection, but I've never known why exactly. The first occurrence in 1 Kings is intriguing, and the fact that resurrection is maximized on Spoke 22 which also resides on the 11th Diagonal. I'll need to give it some more thought.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I've always had a "tickle" in the back of my mind that connects the Number 11 with Resurrection, but I've never known why exactly. The first occurrence in 1 Kings is intriguing, and the fact that resurrection is maximized on Spoke 22 which also resides on the 11th Diagonal. I'll need to give it some more thought.
    Hey friend! I think you forgot that you had already pointed out what you had in the back of your mind that connected 11 and Resurrection. You wrote:
    Some years ago, when I was spending a lot of time exploring gematria, I had a "tingle" that there was a link between the Number 11 and Resurrection. Actually, it was more linked to powers of 11. A few examples:

11 x 11 x 9 = In three days (John 2.19)

11 x 11 x 26 = The Resurrection of the Dead (1 Cor 15:42)

11 x 11 x 28 = And they shall never perish (John 10:28)

11 x 11 x 36 = Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. (John 11:23)

We also have a link to the polar opposite of this theme:

11 x 11 x 11 x 2 = The Power of Death (Heb 2.14)
    This was on the same Spoke 11 thread.

Spoke 11: Kaph section of Psalms and the Resurrection

Consider the Kaph section of Psalm 119. Spurgeon comments on it:
    This portion of the gigantic Psalm sees the Psalmist in extremis. His enemies have brought him to the lowest condition of anguish and depression; yet he is faithful to the law and trustful in his God. This octave is the midnight of the Psalm, and very dark and black it is. Stars, however, shine out, and the last verse gives promise of the dawn.
    The "lowest condition" corresponds to the position of Kaph on the Bible Wheel - in the bottom part of the Alphabetic Circle. It is appropriate that this letter can have a connotation of going to death (the "lowest condition" we can reach) and then raising up.

Now we can read the Kaph section of this Psalm having the theme of resurrection in mind:

81 My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.

82 Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?

83 For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes.

84 How many are the days of thy servant? when wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me?

85 The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after thy law.

86 All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully: help [root of the name Lazarus, resurrected on John 11] thou me.

87 They had almost consumed me upon earth; but I forsook not thy precepts.

88 Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth.
    All the highlighted words connect to either death in metaphorical language or to the hope of resurrection.

It also links to Spoke 22 and the Tav section of the same Psalm (Spokes 11 and 22 are on the same diameter of the Wheel):
    Psa 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
    Victor

Thread Information