Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

What is your favorite Bible verses?

Hi, all!

What is your "all-time" favorite Bible verses?

Please explain why.
    Last edited by Skybreaker; 06-21-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: less is more

Quote Originally Posted by Skybreaker View Post
    Hi, all!

Please explain why.
    That's a really hard question!

How many answers do I get?

If I just have one, I guess I'll give the verse that God gave me. When I was 19 years old, I was in really bad shape. I was a wreck after my family had fallen apart. The mini-story is that my parents were divorced when I was a baby, I didn't meet my mom till I was eleven (and then just for a week), and my father committed suicide when I was 14. So I was really alone in the world, with a heart full of pain. So then when I was 19, I was hunted down by one of God's "hounds" and he dragged me off to a "Praise the Lord" festival in Vancouver Washington. For the first day, I was pretty miffed by all the people hollering "Praise the Lord!" and telling me that God told them this and God told them that. Then on the second day I started getting really upset that God never talked to me. So I sat by myself with my back against a wall, and "prayed" something like "You never talk to me God! You talk to everyone else, why don't you talk to me." I then had a very strange sensation. I felt as if I had heard God say "Read Psalm 27!" I didn't actually hear a voice - it was more like God directly implanted a thought in my mind. So I opened the Bible the hound-dog had given me, and I began to read "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" They were nice enough words, but they didn't mean much to me. Then I came to verse 10:

Psalm 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

My heart broke open and a fountain of tears burst forth, and I KNEW the Lord God Almighty had talked to me, personally, and touched the deepest pain in my life, and promised that He would be a Father to me, and never leave me, nor forsake me.

So that's my favorite verse.

Richard

Wow Richard,
    I'm still sitting here looking over stuff I had not seen on your website -
    What an incredible testimony - no touching testimony - I know HE made up for all the pain in your heart and filled it with the HOLY SPIRT :

"For the LORD has spoken ONLY when your heart is broken, with PAIN as deep as an Ocean so that HE can fill you with HIS EMOTION" = the HOLY SPIRIT ! The LORD gave me that verse before HE broke my heart on 7/22/1997.

Anyway - here is my favorite verse which the LORD gave me on 7/22/1996 when I asked HIM as I was holding my new Pink Bible in my hands : "I know somewhere in here is the key, but I don't know where. Where does it say WHITE AS SNOW? That night HE showed me : PSALM 51:7 : :"WASH ME AND I SHALL BE WHITER THAN SNOW!" Since that time, I have walked with the LORD every SECOND of the day - or almost. HE is my guide, my inspiration, my husband, my friend, my peace, my consoler, my EVERYTHING -Ask and you shall receive, Seek and you shall find, Knock and the DOOR (to Heaven) shall be opened. Thus I ask, and HE shows me... Pretty cool!

WHITE AS SNOW = also in ISAIAH 1:18 (my daughter's birthdate : 1/18/90)

Shalom
    White (That's why - WHITE AS SNOW)

Psalm 42

Quote Originally Posted by Skybreaker View Post
    Hi, all!

Please explain why.
    My FAVORITE verse - -- As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.
    (You alone are my heart's desire and I long to be with You!) I always heard it in song.

Why? It just speaks to my soul!

The verse the Lord gave me was Exodus 23:25
    So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.

I was seeking healing from a debilitating condition - and when a minister gave this verse to me I walked back down the aisle to my seat to look it up. At that point I felt a tremendous electricity go through my body - and I knew it was the 'living Word'. Chasmal.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That's a really hard question!

How many answers do I get?

If I just have one, I guess I'll give the verse that God gave me. When I was 19 years old, I was in really bad shape. I was a wreck after my family had fallen apart. The mini-story is that my parents were divorced when I was a baby, I didn't meet my mom till I was eleven (and then just for a week), and my father committed suicide when I was 14. So I was really alone in the world, with a heart full of pain. So then when I was 19, I was hunted down by one of God's "hounds" and he dragged me off to a "Praise the Lord" festival in Vancouver Washington. For the first day, I was pretty miffed by all the people hollering "Praise the Lord!" and telling me that God told them this and God told them that. Then on the second day I started getting really upset that God never talked to me. So I sat by myself with my back against a wall, and "prayed" something like "You never talk to me God! You talk to everyone else, why don't you talk to me." I then had a very strange sensation. I felt as if I had heard God say "Read Psalm 27!" I didn't actually hear a voice - it was more like God directly implanted a thought in my mind. So I opened the Bible the hound-dog had given me, and I began to read "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" They were nice enough words, but they didn't mean much to me. Then I came to verse 10:

Psalm 27:10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

My heart broke open and a fountain of tears burst forth, and I KNEW the Lord God Almighty had talked to me, personally, and touched the deepest pain in my life, and promised that He would be a Father to me, and never leave me, nor forsake me.

So that's my favorite verse.

Richard
    Amen! Praise the Lord!

This verse is very beautiful.

Deuteronomy 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distill as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Thread Information