I'm surprised there are so many people
    asking about the numbers 222.

I have always seen the number 222. I didn't put much thought
    into it until about 5-6 years ago. It never failed that everyday
    I looked at the time and it was 2:22.

I was born on February 22nd (222)
    A few years ago I really started thinking about it because
    those numbers were everywhere. I moved and the apartment
    was #222. So I'm thinking there HAS to be something up wih that?

My Mom passed away last January (she was living in Idaho and
    I live in Texas) . My sister gave me the phone # to the
    hospital and it was the area code 208-222-can't remember the other 4.
    I thought ok that's it ...that's why you see 222 all of the time.
    I still see the numbers all of the time.

Is this all coincidence? Am I reading into something too much?
    Is there really any significance to the numbers 222??

Anybody????

Cool 222

No, it is no mere coincidence, and by the true definition of the word yes it is. When you understand the true meaning of the word you will find that it is only two -(co) things accuring at the same point in time (incidenct), thus they were destined to be. I have studied a little numerology and the number 22 is very powerful and special. goggle the number and read the history on it. Though it will be defined as occult, or mystical information, all number have their own personal history, power, and definitions. We are all the sum of numbers before we are the name, and each of us will find some number repeating itself in our lives. In mine, it has been the number 13, defined as the destiny number. Be blessed on your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher13 View Post
    No, it is no mere coincidence, and by the true definition of the word yes it is. When you understand the true meaning of the word you will find that it is only two -(co) things accuring at the same point in time (incidenct), thus they were destined to be. I have studied a little numerology and the number 22 is very powerful and special. goggle the number and read the history on it. Though it will be defined as occult, or mystical information, all number have their own personal history, power, and definitions. We are all the sum of numbers before we are the name, and each of us will find some number repeating itself in our lives. In mine, it has been the number 13, defined as the destiny number. Be blessed on your journey.
    I just got off the phone with a family member. She told me she sees the number 222 everywhere and has been for several years. It bothers her a great deal because she does not understand it. She is not into mystical or demonic type stuff, but is a Christian. Does anyone know why this happens to some people?

Quote Originally Posted by ddwoods View Post
    I just got off the phone with a family member. She told me she sees the number 222 everywhere and has been for several years. It bothers her a great deal because she does not understand it. She is not into mystical or demonic type stuff, but is a Christian. Does anyone know why this happens to some people?
    The first and most obvious reason is "selective perception." Once the idea gets in the mind, folks will notice "hits" and ignore "misses." Noticing doublets and triplets is particularly common. Many people notice 11, 22, 111, 222, 333, etc. There is a naturalistic explanation that I think is both valid and likely.

But it also is possible that the person is becoming aware of a higher level "synchonicity" in which numbers and events occur in "coincidental" patterns that seem to have a lot of meaning. Many people have reported this as a significant part of their spiritual growth. It happened to me pretty much throughout the decade from 1990-2000 but has since faded away. But I now have an abiding deep appreciation of the broad range of symbolic signifcance of numbers. I just don't "experience" that significance directly as I did in the 1990s.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hebrew/Greek/English and 222

I moved this post to the other place you said would be more appropriate, I appreciate that you have examined english gematria and found it wanting, I only ask that you look at the Bereishit 1:1 portion and the Revelation 13:18...If you don't see anything there that is ok.
    shalom achi
    Last edited by BenYisrael; 11-04-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenYisrael View Post
    Shalom, the following is for your consideration. The question is did YHWH orchestrate the english language, which has become the international language of the world?

A=1 B=2 C=3 to X=24 Y=25 Z=26

Simple = 74 English = 74 Gematria = 74″ JESUS 74 MESSIAH 74 GOSPEL 74 THE KEY 74 THE KING 74 37x2=74
    Hi BenYisrael,

Welcome to our forum!

I have recently welcomed two other new members, biblenumeric and Ed J, who also is very interested in English Gematria. Here is what I wrote to them:
    We have talked a lot about English Gematria on a few threads in this forum. It might help if you review those threads and add your comments there so we don't have too much repetition. The main thread is called, appropriately enough, English Gematria. That is probably the best place to start because I present some statistical analysis and explanations about why I don't believe that English Gematria is meaningful. I also had an in-depth discussion with William Downie who is very intelligent and has done some very impressive work with English Gematria. Click his name to read that thread.
    So right now we have two new threads and two old threads all talking about the same topic. We'll probably want to consolidate our discussion to a single thread. Personally, I have already spent a lot of time responding in those other threads, so it would probably be best if you started by reading my reasons for not accepting English Gematria as meaningful. Then if you think I missed something or failed to understand something, you will know where to start. This way I don't have to repeat myself.
    My basic reservation with regards to English Gematria is that there is no way to discern between chance and design. I am fully convinced that God designed the Greek and Hebrew languages because many Scriptures exhibit an extremely profound structures which I call Biblical Holographs, but I have never seen anything similar in English Gematria so I remain unconvinced.

Many blessings to you in Christ our Lord,

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hi I like to tell something about the number 222. The word for knee, kneeling and for blessing and be blessed is in hebrew the same: b-r-k 2-200-20 (or 20-200-2). It is a typical word, because you see here the 2 in every layer (units, dozens, hunderds). So there is something with the 2. The 222 is the knee who actually devides us into two parts in our biological appearance. I have written we appear in our whole to the earth (standing up) as 1:4 in connection with Gen. 2 and more parts of Scripture: from head to earth, the head who controls everything as 1, and the other parts as 4 parts between our hinges. So feet and lower legs come to knees, and upper legs and torso above, as 2 parts devided by knees with other 2 parts. And so, making 90 degrees with knees, as being with the 4 divided in 2 parts, 2 parts being in contradiction, one appears before God. Not only as if everything is (all)right (standing up). Maybe Allison, you might like kneeing someone? lol
    And to bless means: giving a purpose.
    Last edited by NumberX; 04-12-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberX View Post
    Hi I like to tell something about the number 222. The word for knee, kneeling and for blessing and be blessed is in hebrew the same: b-r-k 2-200-20 (or 20-200-2). It is a typical word, because you see here the 2 in every layer (units, dozens, hunderds). So there is something with the 2. The 222 is the knee who actually devides us into two parts in our biological appearance. I have written we appear in our whole to the earth (standing up) as 1:4 in connection with Gen. 2 and more parts of Scripture: from head to earth, the head who controls everything as 1, and the other parts as 4 parts between our hinges. So feet and lower legs come to knees, and upper legs and torso above, as 2 parts devided by knees with other 2 parts. And so, making 90 degrees with knees, as being with the 4 divided in 2 parts, 2 parts being in contradiction, one appears before God. Not only as if everything is (all)right (standing up). Maybe Allison, you might like kneeing someone? lol
    And to bless means: giving a purpose.
    Hi, NumberX!

Check out the article on the Number 222 of the Bible Wheel Website.

Thank you Victor, on this first of the 2 (th month)
    Getting understanding feels great.
    Last edited by NumberX; 04-15-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Thread Information