Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

A shocking article about Obama's Pastor

A shocking article about Obama's Pastor and close friend. This reveals the kind of person Pastor Wright really is and also says a lot about Obama himself. IMO, he is not to be trusted!!

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    A shocking article about Obama's Pastor and close friend. This reveals the kind of person Pastor Wright really is and also says a lot about Obama himself. IMO, he is not to be trusted!!

I totally agree. I'll write more later as I find time.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I just watched the video on that page.

Jeremiah Wright twice repeated "GOD DAMN AMERICA!" from the pulpit!!!

He has been Obama's pastor for twenty years. There is no way in the world that Obama will be able to loose this dead and rotting albatros from his neck. He has no political future that I can see.

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I agree Richard. Everyone got excited about him as he seemed to have Rock Star status in the minds of the people. These revelations about him do not make him look like presidential material to me.

I agree Richard. Everyone got excited about him as he seemed to have Rock Star status in the minds of the people. These revelations about him do not make him look like presidential material to me.
    I would be thrilled if we could elect a black president because it might help mend a lot of bridges with other countries and it would help silence the black racist hate-mongers like Jeremiah Wright. The irony is that Wright's racist hatred may be what prevents Obama from becoming the first black president.

Richard

PS: I'm watching Fox news as I write this and just heard Jeremiah Wright assert that that the US Government invented HIV to kill blacks! He is a certified raving lunatic racist madman.

Check out my blog site

I am sure there are good reasonable black men who would make a good president. But this one comes with too much baggage.

I am sure there are good reasonable black men who would make a good president. But this one comes with too much baggage.
    I was beginning to think that Obama would be a viable possibility because he seems articulate and intelligent, and I figured that the checks and balances of the system (Congress, Senate, Press, public opinion, etc.) would be enough to counter any real damage his leftism might incur. As Spitzer just recently stated, we are a democracy - our government does not rise and fall with the individuals serving in it. So despite Obama's extreme leftist postitions, I thought perhaps more good would come than bad from his presidency. In particular, I am looking forward to the day when this country can move past race altogether. And that's the problem with Wright - he is actively seeking to instill racism and hatred of "white America" into the men, women, and children in his congretation. If there is any real problem with racism in 21st century America, a huge portion of it is due directly to demagogues like him. It seems likely that he will be the downfall of Obama's bid for the presidency, and the irony is that he and his ilk will then probably use Obama's failure to fuel more divisive rhetoric.

Richard

Check out my blog site

Important read from Frontpagemag:

Why Does Obama's Pastor Matter? By John Perazzo
    FrontPageMagazine.com | Monday, February 04, 2008

Barack Obama, in a way that recalls John F. Kennedy, a politician to whom he's frequently compared, has carefully controlled and burnished his image to create the impression of an independent figure, free from dogma and ideological entanglements. But there is one man who threatens to undermine Obama's appealing narrative as a man above the ugly quarrels and divisive partisanship of the past: his longtime pastor and spiritual adviser, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

On March 1, 1972, Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. became the pastor of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ (TUCC), a position he still holds to this day. Because he has been a revered figure in the life of presidential aspirant Barack Obama for two decades, Wright's political views, which he commonly draws from the tenets of liberation theology, are worthy of some scrutiny—if only to shed light on the teachings that have had enough resonance to retain Obama as a TUCC congregant since 1988. So great is Obama's respect for Wright, that the former sought the Reverend's counsel before formally declaring his candidacy for U.S. President. Moreover, Obama and his wife selected Wright to perform their wedding ceremony and to baptize their two daughters. These are honors of considerable magnitude, and it is reasonable to speculate that if we learn more about Rev. Wright, we may gain some insight into the personal qualities and belief systems Barack Obama holds in high regard.

When we read the writings, public statements, and sermons of Rev. Wright, we quickly notice his unmistakable conviction that America is a nation infested with racism, prejudice, and injustices that make life very difficult for black people. As he declared in one of his sermons: "Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!... We [Americans] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God."

In a similar spirit, Wright laments "the social order under which we [blacks] live, under which we suffer, under which we are killed."[1] Depicting blacks as a politically powerless demographic, he complains that "African Americans don't run anything in the Capital except elevators."[2] On its website, Wright's church portrays black people as victims who are still burdened by the legacy of their "pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism," and who must pray for "the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people."

Wright detects what he views as racism in virtually every facet of American life. In the business world, for instance, he attributes the high unemployment rate of African Americans to "the fact that they are black."[3] Vis-à-vis the criminal justice system, he similarly explains that "the brothers are in prison" largely because of their skin color. "Consider the 'three strikes law,'" he elaborates. "There is a higher jail sentencing for crack than for cocaine because more African Americans get crack than do cocaine."[4] Notwithstanding Wright's implication that the harsh anti-crack penalties were instituted by racist legislators for the purpose of incarcerating as many blacks as possible, the Congressional Record shows that such was not at all the case. In 1986, when the strict, federal anti-crack legislation was being debated, the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)—deeply concerned about the degree to which crack was decimating the black community—strongly supported the legislation and actually pressed for even harsher penalties. In fact, a few years earlier CBC members had pushed President Reagan to create the Office of National Drug Control Policy.[5]

In Wright's calculus, white America's bigotry is to blame not only for whatever ills continue to plague the black community, but also for our country's conflicts with other nations. "In the 21st century," says Wright, "white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns."

Read more ...

Check out my blog site

Thanks for the excellent article. It is very informative.

Obama is trying to distance himself from Wright's views with vague generalities like "I don't agree with everything my pastor says." It is important therefore to look at his record and see how it fits with Wright's position. The first point that comes to mind is Barak's total opposition to the war in Iraq, which is EXACTLY what we would expect from a follower of Wright, as evidenced by this extraordinarily ignorant and biased "War on Iraq IQ Test" which was published on his site 23 Feb 2003:

War on Iraq IQ Test

REV. JEREMIAH WRIGHT / Trinity Pastor's Page 23feb03

Take the War on Iraq IQ Test

Do you know enough to justify going to war with Iraq?
    1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have?
    A: 6% [correction - 4.8% of world's population - 6.2 billion vs. 280 million]
    2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?
    A: 50% [correction - 22% of global GDP]
    3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves?
    A: Saudi Arabia
    4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves?
    A: Iraq
    5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide?
    A: $900+ billion
    6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.?
    A: 50% [explanation - military expenditures for FY2003 may be $460-470 billion including $378.5 billion for the Pentagon, $15.4 billion for nuclear weapons programs, $3.8 billion for foreign military assistance, $1.4 billion for military-related activities of other agencies, $32 billion for military retirement benefits and health care for current employees, $30 billion for the CIA, plus funding for the Homeland Security Department]
    7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the UN?
    A: 10% (that's about $40 billion, the amount of funding initially requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan)
    8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II?
    A: 86 million
    9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons?
    A: Since the early 1980's.
    10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical & biological weapons on their own?
    A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government, along with Britain and private corporations.
    11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare against Iran?
    A: No
    12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
    A: 5,000
    13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the time?
    A: 0
    14. Q: How many gallons of agent Orange did America use in Vietnam?
    A: 17 million.
    15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th terrorist attack?
    16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the Gulf War?
    A: 35,000
    17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ?
    18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U. S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
    A: 6,000
    19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
    A: 40 tons
    20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
    A: 700%
    21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had destroyed in 1991?
    A: 80%
    22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything other than deterrence and self-defense?
    23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10 years ago?
    24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2003? A: 10,000
    25. Q: What percentage of these will be children? A: Over 50%
    26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on Iraq? A: 11 years
    27. Q: Were the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
    28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
    A: 20 million
    29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports?
    A: 12 years
    30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)?
    A: 38
    31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000 births)?
    A: 131 (that's an increase of 345%)
    32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
    A: 1.5 million
    33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to sanctions since 1997?
    A: 750,000
    34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?
    35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998?
    A:300
    36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?
    A:5
    37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Ba'ath Party HQ?
    A: Yes
    38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history.
    A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
    39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and dismantled?
    A: 90%
    40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in?
    41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992?
    A: Over 65
    42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between 1972 and 1990?
    A: 30+
    43. Q: How much does the U.S. fund Israel a year?
    A:$5 billion
    44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons?
    A: 8
    45. Q: How many nuclear warheads has Iraq got?
    46. Q: How many nuclear warheads has US got?
    A: over 10,000
    47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons?
    A: the US
    48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
    A: Over 400
    49. Q: Has Israel every allowed UN weapon inspections?
    50. Q: What percentage of the Palestinian territories are controlled by Israeli settlements?
    A: 42%
    51. Q: Is Israel illegally occupying Palestinian land?
    52. Q: Which country do you think poses the greatest threat to global peace: Iraq or the U.S.?
    A: ????
    53. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"?
    A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Members of Trinity are asked to think about these things and be prayerful as we sift through the "hype" being poured on by the George Bush-controlled media.
    Rev Jeremiah A Wright, Jr.
    War on Iraq IQ Test - written by: Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, placed the following 'War on Iraq IQ Test' on the Trinity "Pastor's Page" for Sunday, Feb. 23.
    Do we want a President whose foreign policy is informed by 20 years of sermons by Jeremiah Wright?

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information