Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

The Gutenburg project.

Richard how do you see places like the Gutenburg ebook project in the Wheel ? I happened to find it the other day. http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page the only question is where to start looking ? SO many books to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    Richard how do you see places like the Gutenburg ebook project in the Wheel ? I happened to find it the other day. http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page the only question is where to start looking ? SO many books to check out.
    Well, its a 21st century kinda thing, so it corresponds to Spoke 21 where we find the Gospel of John, aka The Gospel of the Word:

In the beginning was the Word, and now that the Gutenberg project is online, it will cover the world like the waters cover the sea! (Or so let us pray.)

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Well, its a 21st century kinda thing, so it corresponds to Spoke 21 where we find the Gospel of John, aka The Gospel of the Word:

In the beginning was the Word, and now that the Gutenberg project is online, it will cover the world like the waters cover the sea! (Or so let us pray.)

Richard
    I think I am going to read John again starting tonight. I must confess that reading it tends to bring alot to the table as far as walking amongst the Jews . Yes I am looking forward to finding some jewels there.

Spoke 21: Many books" in the 21st Century

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    Christan,

Interestingly you say that there are "many books" to check out. In fact, we have been witnessing an explosion of information because of things like the Gutemberg project and many other Web-related projects.

And we are in the 21st century. Spoke 21 of the Bible Wheel perfectly describes this:
    Ecclesiastes 12:12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

John 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
    Ecclesiastes and John have similar book ends. The words (many,books) are found in only the two verses above in the NIV. So it fits well with your perception that nowadays there are just too many books!

Victor

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Christan,

Interestingly you say that there are "many books" to check out. In fact, we have been witnessing an explosion of information because of things like the Gutemberg project and many other Web-related projects.

And we are in the 21st century. Spoke 21 of the Bible Wheel perfectly describes this:
    Ecclesiastes 12:12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

John 21:25 Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
    Ecclesiastes and John have similar book ends. The words (many,books) are found in only the two verses above in the NIV. So it fits well with your perception that nowadays there are just too many books!

Victor
    That's a good one Victor. I wonder how it is linked together. It is also in the 21st chapter of John.
    Last edited by gilgal; 03-27-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Hello Christan

The Gospel of John is probably not the easiest place to start, but if you have read and are re-reading John, then there is much valuable insight John gives us, from his perspective, about Jesus.

One fact I recently read concerning the internet; (quoting from memory) Google reckon there are something like 132 million unique books in the world of which they have stored about 23 million to date.

Guess what John wrote; (John 21:25) And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. Watch out Google! Would you have big enough servers to cope with all those books?

David
    Last edited by David M; 03-28-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Thread Information