Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Ark

Here's the latest news on Noah's Ark:

Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Here's the latest news on Noah's Ark:

Great News Rose! That should silent skeptics like Victor. I always believe Noah's Ark is still in Mount Ararat.

More video on Noah's Ark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1Q1...eature=related

Many Blessings.

The video said what was found was a wooden structure inside a cave measuring 11 meters long and 2 meters high in 2007.
    I don't see how that translates into the 'ark' of the Bible?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberX View Post
    Hi Victor,

Let's try to find out where the ark of Noah is in The Word..
    Thebah means at first 'word' and also 'ark'. You could wonder why they choose 'ark'. No wonder they can't find it lol.
    The measures are given by God: 50 width, 300 long and 30 high, that's the word 'LaSHoN' meaning language, tongue, with what we speak.
    So what was Noah building?
    At 600 years in his life his thebah is finished, he has build 120 years on it. We see it's the 1 of the 1:4, when the 1 is finished the mabul comes.
    Now in the material world building an ark on dry land is foolish isn't it? All kinds of persons coming to opposed you, that's normal. Now building with the God-given language-numbers like this website does, aren't all kinds of persons coming to oppose too? Haven't there been asking for what purpose are you doing it? I would say it rejoices my heart.
    And didn't have everybody had to build their words and language from his/her early age..?
    Except Noah, he was already 480 years old (lol, should you look at it in the material world, which is obviously not how you should look at it).
    The story of Noah is around us and in us: Around us: Other persons saying we have to look it up in the material world, I will show you some photo's, while you think hmm I don't really go for that. In us: We have to do this and that first before we can make time for learning about the words in The Word.

Let's learn some more about it:
    Now let's look at the 30, the Lamed, the hight of the thebah
    With the lamed the word lashon begins
    One of the meanings of Lamed is learning. The word pupil, disciple, scholar is Thalmid 400-30-40-4 and the root of the word is 30-40-4: Lamed. So the Lamed is here the first measure for connecting this material world with above, with heaven, with the other world. We learn(ed) things at school, that's necessary and useful for the earth, the horizontal, but the real learning explained here in the story of Noah is for the vertical, God gives the measure. Further in the story is it not so that there come immediately to the highest point, no the tebah with it's lashon, starts it's journey at a low starting point to get higher and higher.

There is so much more to tell about the Story of Noah in this way. Like does the tebah look like an pyramid? See my contribution here http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...?t=1597&page=2
    I'm sorry, NumberX, but this is over my head. I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheow Wee Hock View Post
    Great News Rose! That should silent skeptics like Victor. I always believe Noah's Ark is still in Mount Ararat.

More video on Noah's Ark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1Q1...eature=related

Many Blessings.
    It seems that you don't understand my point.

I won't rush to believe in one more of the numerous "expeditions" that have been going on for decades claiming that they have found "Noah's Ark". We cannot even be sure if it still exists. The Flood is both historical and theological, but it doesn't mean we must find an ark "on the mountains of Ararat."

If anyone ever finds an "ark," this should be backed up by overwhelmingly strong, serious, evidence. The Bible commands us to be skeptics. "Prove all things." (1Th 5:21)

A couple of articles on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

I won't rush to believe in one more of the numerous "expeditions" that have been going on for decades claiming that they have found "Noah's Ark". We cannot even be sure if it still exists. The Flood is both historical and theological, but it doesn't mean we must find an ark "on the mountains of Ararat."

If anyone ever finds an "ark," this should be backed up by overwhelmingly strong, serious, evidence. The Bible commands us to be skeptics. "Prove all things." (1Th 5:21)

Thanks for the links Victor.

It is very interesting that the first link connects Noah's Ark with the Caner deceptions. I just blogged about what I think of this whole situation:

Live from Liberty University: Dr. Ergun Caner discovers Noah's Ark!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Of course, there is a possibility of a hoax but the undeniable fact is that the Noah's ark rested on Mount Ararat. Moses wrote that account in Genesis in about BC 1500. which means the ark should still be there during his time. I don't expect Noah's ark to be in perfect petrified state after so long but definitely not in sawdust. And how could petrified wood be found on top of Mount Ararat at 13,000 feet? The wood should be from cypress. If the Bible said it rested on Mount Ararat, it must be there somewhere:

Genesis 8:3 The water receded steadily from the earth. At the end of the hundred and fifty days the water had gone down, 4 and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.

These should be the features one should look out for regarding the Noah's ark:

Genesis 6:14 So make yourself an ark of cypress [c] wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. 15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. [d] 16 Make a roof for it and finish [e] the ark to within 18 inches [f] of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.

Many Blessings.

Of course, there is a possibility of a hoax but the undeniable fact is that the Noah's ark rested on Mount Ararat. Moses wrote that account in Genesis in about BC 1500. which means the ark should still be there during his time. I don't expect Noah's ark to be in perfect petrified state after so long but definitely not in sawdust. And how could petrified wood be found on top of Mount Ararat at 13,000 feet? The wood should be from cypress. If the Bible said it rested on Mount Ararat, it must be there somewhere:
    Have you never heard that wooden structures can rot and completely disappear?

I see no basis for your assertion that it "must be there somewhere." Where are the thousands of other wooden structures built since that time? Almost all of them have decayed into nothing.

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Have you never heard that wooden structures can rot and completely disappear?

I see no basis for your assertion that it "must be there somewhere." Where are the thousands of other wooden structures built since that time? Almost all of them have decayed into nothing.

Richard
    I see no reason why wood from Noah's ark cannot last so long considering the cld and dry condition on top of Mount Ararat. Wooden items and clothings and mummies have been found well preserved in 4,000 years old pyramids due to the arid desert condition and the pyramid's tightly closed structure. Any proof that Noah's ark has decayed into nothing ? or is this your assumption? If the Bible said that Noah's ark rested in Mount Ararat, it must be there, no doubt about it.

Do you know why God asked Noah to coat the rooms of the ark with pitch? So as to make it water tight and to preserve the wood!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_preservation

"treatment of wood has been practised for almost as long as the use of wood itself. Some accounts reach back to the beginning of recorded history. For example the Bible in Genesis, 6:13-14 "And God said unto Noah... make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch." There are also records of wood preservation reaching back to ancient Greece during Alexander the Great's rule, where bridge wood was soaked in olive oil. The Romans protected their ship hulls by brushing the wood with tar."

Many Blessings.

I see no reason why wood from Noah's ark cannot last so long considering the cld and dry condition on top of Mount Ararat.
    I never said it was impossible. You said the ark MUST still exist. That is a false statement. I was merely correcting your error. It is possible that it no longer exists. Indeed, it is most likely that it does not exist since almost all wooden artifacts that old have completely decayed.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information