Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Ark

As a last thing I would like to add to the subject, Victor, is giving the connection with the physical world. That makes sense in this way. Our tongue, language and words have to do with water. Our words move through a watery surrounding when we speak. Our tongue lies in a watery surrounding. Our mouth (and throat) is naturally watered by saliva, spittle. So also nature comes along helping it explain to us, where we can find it. And sometimes we like to stick our tongue out of the water to someone

Now let's look at The Arc The Triomphe again, this time with lights coming towards us. This one you can make your wall-paper and the numbers connected to it are 1024x768.

I hope you readers enjoyed it as much as I did, think the Noah-story is really wonder-full.
    Last edited by NumberX; 05-08-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Tongue as Firmament

Quote Originally Posted by NumberX View Post
    As a last thing I would like to add to the subject, Victor, is giving the connection with the physical world. That makes sense in this way. Our tongue, language and words have to do with water. Our words move through a watery surrounding when we speak. Our tongue lies in a watery surrounding. Our mouth (and throat) is naturally watered by saliva, spittle. So also nature comes along helping it explain to us, where we can find it. And sometimes we like to stick our tongue out of the water to someone
    Good comparison! The Ark was surrounded by waters just like the tongue is surrounded by waters!

And the Ark floated upon the waters below and had the waters from heaven pouring over it. Similarly our tongues have waters above and below.
    Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
    Continuing with the temple imagery that I mentioned in the other post, the tongue can be seen as a firmament (curtain, wall) dividing between the waters above and below, just like in Day 2 of Creation. The waters below picture the netherworld (throat, pit) and the waters above are like a "heaven" (in Portuguese this upper part of the mouth is called "mouth's sky/heaven") with the head picturing God's abode. No wonder then that the Hebrew words for tongue and firmament share the same numerical value!

Lashon (Tongue) = 380 = Firmament (Raqiya)

Lashon is written Lamed + Shin Nun, which makes me think of the Staff (Lamed) between the Teeth (Shin). When we pronounce the letter L (Lamed), our tongues point upward to "heaven" just like the letter Lamed points upward to God.

LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. - Psa 119:89
    Last edited by Victor; 06-06-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Very good comparison of you too, Victor. Gives to think that in Dutch this upper part of the mouth is called gehemelte and verhemelte, ver-hemel-te, with hemel = heaven in it too! I wonder who gave it this name.
    Last edited by NumberX; 07-16-2010 at 12:46 AM.

I am facinated by the depth of meaning behind the ark, and the connection to the tongue etc. I would be interested, Number X and Victor, in how you interpret the flood and the ark coming to rest on the mountains of Ararat, in light of this. Also...do you think the following verses in Revelation are connected in some way?
    Rev 12:15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
    Rev 12:16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Thanks so much for your facinating input! Kathryn

Hello again Richard...I'm sorry to jump threads with this, but wasnt sure how else to do it. Yesterday I asked you if the "kole/voice" was connected somehow to the "et Kol". From your explanation, I can't see any logical connection either, but after reading the posts on the ark today, the niggle has returned I'm sure this is an excellent example of wishful thinking , but I hope you will indulge me here a bit. Don't despair; my father would emerge from sessions of trying to transport me out of the realm of abstract thinking and into the logical, practically in tears.
    If the ark can be seen as a container/word and the dimensions, the tongue as a wall dividing the depths and the heavenlies and scripture says that the fountains of the depths were broken up and the floodgates of heaven opened , my brain is still trying to connect the voice/kole to the et Kol. It would seem as though the et Kol..everything He made, was profoundly moved during the flood...and now with this understanding of the ark/word/tongue etc...is the voice/kole...somewhere in there?
    Last edited by kathryn; 06-07-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
    Hello again Richard...I'm sorry to jump threads with this, but wasnt sure how else to do it. Yesterday I asked you if the "kole/voice" was connected somehow to the "et Kol". From your explanation, I can't see any logical connection either, but after reading the posts on the ark today, the niggle has returned I'm sure this is an excellent example of wishful thinking , but I hope you will indulge me here a bit. Don't despair; my father would emerge from sessions of trying to transport me out of the realm of abstract thinking and into the logical, practically in tears.
    If the ark can be seen as a container/word and the dimensions, the tongue as a wall dividing the depths and the heavenlies and scripture says that the fountains of the depths were broken up and the floodgates of heaven opened , my brain is still trying to connect the voice/kole to the et Kol. It would seem as though the et Kol..everything He made, was profoundly moved during the flood...and now with this understanding of the ark/word/tongue etc...is the voice/kole...somewhere in there?
    Hey there Kathryn,

Far be it from me to attempt "transport you out of the realm of abstract thinking!" That is my native domain!

And I think it is obvious that there is a super-strong connection between God's Voice (Qol) which created everything (Et-Kol) - that is obvious from the text. But is there a connection based on the phonetic similarity between Qol and Kol? That seems to be your question.

I think your "niggle" (which I usually refer to a mental "tickle" but niggle works quite well!) is probably based on the truth of the connection between God's Qol and the creation of Kol, but I still don't have any sense that there is a connection between those two words.

But I could be missing something of course, so I'll put this on the "back burner" and let you know if it ever starts to boil.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hee hee! Thanks Richard...and I think you're right about my niggle. It was when I read Victor's post connecting the Lamed to the tongue that got to me, as it was the only seeming connection between the two words...and after reading the posts this morning..suddenly saw that one similarity accentuated
    Last edited by kathryn; 06-07-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by NumberX View Post
    Very good comparison of you too, Victor. Gives to think that in Dutch this upper part of the mouth is called verhemelte, ver-hemel-te, with hemel = heaven in it too! I wonder who gave it this name.
    That's interesting. The German for heaven is himmel - very similar. But the German for palate is gaumen which seems completely unrelated.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

me again Richard...I see we were both replying at the same time. In case you missed my comment on the tongue, above your last reply....just wanted to ask if that could be a possible connector between the two words...as very tenuous as it might seem???

I keep seeing this giant tongue lying right in the middle of the Et Kol...har!

Thread Information