Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pi in Genesis 1 ?

Greeting to All at this wonderful forum.

Has anybody seen how Pi is demonstrated in Genesis 1.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post

Hi Tesla,

Welcome to our forum!

As for your question, yes, Vernon Jenkins shows here how to calculated the first few digits of both pi and e (Euler's Constant) from Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 using the same formula:

(product of letters x number of letters)/(product of words x number of words).

Is this what you had in mind?

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Hi Tesla,

Welcome to our forum!

As for your question, yes, Vernon Jenkins shows here how to calculated the first few digits of both pi and e (Euler's Constant) from Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 using the same formula:

(product of letters x number of letters)/(product of words x number of words).

Is this what you had in mind?

Richard

Exactly that ... I tried it but it did not work for me ... I wanted to see
    it fleshed out ... I am not a mathematician I will study your link thanks !
    Last edited by Tesla; 12-19-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Exactly that ... I tried it but it did not work for me ... I wanted to see
    it fleshed out ... I am not a mathematician I will study your link thanks !
    Vernon went through the details of the calculation on this page. I haven't taken time to check his math because I'm not particularly impressed with the calculation. I don't think there is a problem with it, but its hard to see if it "goes anywhere." And if it is revealing something about the design of the text, I don't know what it would be. Any thoughts?

Richard
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Vernon went through the details of the calculation on this page. I haven't taken time to check his math because I'm not particularly impressed with the calculation. I don't think there is a problem with it, but its hard to see if it "goes anywhere." And if it is revealing something about the design of the text, I don't know what it would be. Any thoughts?

Richard
    It is highly relevant because the Torah is said to contain all knowledge.

It is highly relevant because the Torah is said to contain all knowledge.
    All knowledge? Well, the calculation only yields the first five digits of pi ....

Any idea where the rest of the digits would be hidden?

Another interesting approximation to pi is found in 1 Kings 7:23 (which skeptics use to falsely assert that the Bible says pi = 3). Chuck Missler explained how to get pi to five digits by a close examination of the Hebrew text here.

I know that the Jews have the tradition that the Torah contains all knowledge, and since I know that God designed it (and the rest of the Bible) I have little doubt that there is no end to the wisdom and knowledge hidden with it. But I don't know if it really does contain all knowledge, such as the infinited sequence of digits of pi in all bases? Nah ... but I sure am glad to meet another friend who holds the Word of God in high esteem!

Great chatting Tesla,

Richard

Check out my blog site

The sea stood on twelve oxen, 3 facing south, 3, north, 3 east and 3 west. If the 'circular' was made from a regular polygon, of the stipulated dimensions, with 12 sides for spacing the oxen (ie the oxen facing true north as well as those directly next to it on either side were seen as the 'north facing' oxen etc etc), then that shape would have had a 'circumference' of 3.

Did the Hebrews have a word for a 12 sided regular polygon? A 12 sided regular polygon is very round
    Last edited by Abigail; 12-20-2007 at 01:09 AM.
    He has told you, O man,what is good;
    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God

Micah 6:8

Hi Telsa,

For the ones that have difficulties with Math calculations I have simplified the calculation of Vernon a bit. I've also tried to explain way there are only 5 digits correct. Probably has the story about the change of name of Abram something to do with it, who got a hee, a 5, in his name. His name became Abraham. Here you can find a link to my page. On the end of that page you can find also a link to some other Pi calculations. I hope this helps a bit to understand and eccept the Pi calculation.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Colijn View Post
    Hi Telsa,

For the ones that have difficulties with Math calculations I have simplified the calculation of Vernon a bit. I've also tried to explain way there are only 5 digits correct. Probably has the story about the change of name of Abram something to do with it, who got a hee, a 5, in his name. His name became Abraham. Here you can find a link to my page. On the end of that page you can find also a link to some other Pi calculations. I hope this helps a bit to understand and eccept the Pi calculation.

Frank
    Thanks Frank ... its greatly appreciated !

Finally got Pi ... thanks to all for responding ...

anybody know if the "golden ratio"

or PHI is embedded somewhere as well ?

Enquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by Tesla; 02-02-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Thread Information