Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

Agree, Sylvius, that Joseph in Egypt was a type or figure of Jesus in several respects.
    The 74 names in Lk3 (37x2) is nice, and the diff spelling of multiple names OK too, but the most important is to see how the generations of "Ten" require Noah to be followed by Abraham, and then Boaz. (They are No. 10, 20, 30). Gets you to David #33.

Call your attention to the 2nd Ten at 1Chr1 24-27, and the 3rd Ten at the end of Ruth.

Then the 3x14 of Matthew becomes understandable.

No, don't think I'll get into Greek -- used to say "it's ALL Greek to me". hah. The KJV seems entirely suitable without introducing external info, IMO. But am blessed when support comes from wherever.
    In Luke's genealogy David is the 35th generation.

So not only an extra generation slipped in between Arpachshad and Shelach,
    but also one in the ten generations from Perez till David there slipped in one extra generation:

Δαυὶδ τοῦ Ἰεσσαὶ τοῦ Ἰωβὴδ τοῦ Βόος τοῦ Σαλὰ τοῦ Ναασσὼν τοῦ Ἀμιναδὰβ τοῦ Ἀδμὶν τοῦ Ἀρνὶ τοῦ Ἑσρὼμ τοῦ Φάρες

David of Jesse of Obed of Boaz of Sala of Nahshon of Amminadab of Admin of Arni of Hezron of Perez

Ruth 4 has:
    18. And these are the generations of Perez: Perez begot Hezron.
    19. And Hezron begot Ram, and Ram begot Amminadab.
    20. And Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmah.
    21. And Salmon begot Boaz, and Boaz begot Obed.
    22. And Obed begot Jesse, and Jesse begot David.
    So Ram has been split in two. (not so our RAM )

LXX:
    18. καὶ αὗται αἱ γενέσεις *φαρες *φαρες ἐγέννησεν τὸν Eσρων
    19. Eσρων δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Aρραν καὶ Aρραν ἐγέννησεν τὸν Aμιναδαβ
    20. καὶ Aμιναδαβ ἐγέννησεν τὸν *νααςων καὶ *νααςων ἐγέννησεν τὸν *σαλμαν
    21. καὶ *σαλμαν ἐγέννησεν τὸν *βοος καὶ *βοος ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ωβηδ
    22. καὶ Ωβηδ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Iεςαι καὶ Iεςαι ἐγέννησεν τὸν *δαυιδ

Matthew has:

Φάρες δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἑσρώμ, Ἑσρὼμ δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἀράμ, 4Ἀρὰμ δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἀμιναδάβ, Ἀμιναδὰβ δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ναασσών, Ναασσὼν δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Σαλμών, 5Σαλμὼν δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Βόες ἐκ τῆς Ῥαχάβ, Βόες δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἰωβὴδ ἐκ τῆς Ῥούθ, Ἰωβὴδ δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Ἰεσσαί, 6Ἰεσσαὶ δὲ ἐγέννησεν τὸν Δαυὶδ τὸν βασιλέα.

So the extra generation here seems to be an invention of Luke.

Thanks for bolding it for me.. still not sure we're on same page..
    Gave you the link to my website where is chart of pedigrees, so hope you'll advise me if you see any 'typo's'

The important thing IMO is seeing how Jesus THE WORD is All 66 books -- none missing, none too many. Gives you confidence to explore the irregularities (discreps, some say) for what the Holy Ghostwriter has hidden within the pages, without listening to the junk put out by 'tradition' or unbelievers. OK?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Thanks for bolding it for me.. still not sure we're on same page..
    Gave you the link to my website where is chart of pedigrees, so hope you'll advise me if you see any 'typo's'

The important thing IMO is seeing how Jesus THE WORD is All 66 books -- none missing, none too many. Gives you confidence to explore the irregularities (discreps, some say) for what the Holy Ghostwriter has hidden within the pages, without listening to the junk put out by 'tradition' or unbelievers. OK?
    I am not a 66 book (bible wheel) believer ...

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    I am not a 66 book (bible wheel) believer ...
    Fair enough! His mercies are new every morning, so what is your opinion of the Book of Lamentations?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

A final query, Sylvius, then I'll call it quits. Have wondered about Groundhog Day, and what Eurozone folks think about it? Leviticus 12 calls for purification before entering the Temple, and it's one week followed by 33 days -- seeming to fit with the week following Christmas, and then 33 days would fall on the 2nd of February. (For a boy 33, for a girl 66)

Do you know of this, or anything of how Groundhog Day originated?

A final query, Sylvius, then I'll call it quits. Have wondered about Groundhog Day, and what Eurozone folks think about it? Leviticus 12 calls for purification before entering the Temple, and it's one week followed by 33 days -- seeming to fit with the week following Christmas, and then 33 days would fall on the 2nd of February. (For a boy 33, for a girl 66)

Do you know of this, or anything of how Groundhog Day originated?
    I never heard of it.

but 2nd of February is my birthday ...

I know it is 40 days after Christ was born in Bethlehem's stable, the days of Mary's purification (after Leviticus 12.1-6) being completed, Simeon and Anna making their appearance in the Temple.

In Catholic tradition it is called Candlemas.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03245b.htm
    Last edited by sylvius; 08-01-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Reminds me of how scripture tells us FOUR TIMES, of how David ruled 7 years in Hebron and 33 years in Jerusalem.
    AND, how the number 30+3, refers to David's mighty men... But some folks just keep saying "So what?" hah.

Reminds me of how scripture tells us FOUR TIMES, of how David ruled 7 years in Hebron and 33 years in Jerusalem.
    AND, how the number 30+3, refers to David's mighty men... But some folks just keep saying "So what?" hah.
    33 is 2/3 x 49,

Or better: on the 33rd day of the omer 2x16 days are past and 1x16 days are still future.

It's called "lag ba'omer" ("lag" = 'lamed-gimel" = 30-3).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_BaOmer

It's counted as the fifth day of the fifth week.
    4 weeks = 28 days + 5 days = 33 days.

So the number "5" is highlighted in a certain way.

Also called "hod sheb'hod" = splendor within splendor

I bet it was on this day that Paul made haste to arrive in Jeruslaem before the day of pentecost. (Acts 20:16)

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    33 is 2/3 x 49,

Or better: on the 33rd day of the omer 2x16 days are past and 1x16 days are still future.

It's called "lag ba'omer" ("lag" = 'lamed-gimel" = 30-3).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_BaOmer

It's counted as the fifth day of the fifth week.
    4 weeks = 28 days + 5 days = 33 days.

So the number "5" is highlighted in a certain way.

Also called "hod sheb'hod" = splendor within splendor

I bet it was on this day that Paul made haste to arrive in Jeruslaem before the day of pentecost. (Acts 20:16)
    Thanks Sylvius, I'd never broken down the '33' like this before..now will take time to digest.

Name:  3x16per.gif
Views: 22
Size:  110.5 KB

The clue of Acts might be that Paul is ever still underway to reach the day of (his) Pentecost.

Acts 2 relates the happenings of the first Pentecost after Jesus' death and resurrection.
    The counting of the omer starts on the second day of Passover.

The synoptici (Matthew, Mark and Luke) have Jesus crucified on the first day of Passover, and laid in the grave at the end of that day = beginning of Sabbath and also the beginning of the counting of the omer.

Acts 2 is about "Jewish" Pentecost, the Gospel not yet having been preached to the Gentiles.

So Paul's Pentecost must be of another order.

Before that day came Paul was arrested and finally landed in Rome.

Acts ending in a strange way:
    Acts 28:
    30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
    31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

In (the beautiful) original Greek:
    30 δὲ διετίαν ὅλην ἐν ἰδίῳ μισθώματι, καὶ ἀπεδέχετο πάντας τοὺς εἰσπορευομένους πρὸς αὐτόν,
    31 κηρύσσων τὴν βασιλείαν τοῦ θεοῦ καὶ διδάσκων τὰ περὶ τοῦ κυρίου Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ μετὰ πάσης παρρησίας ἀκωλύτως.

"two whole years" - two millennia?
    " received all that came in unto him" - Jews and Gentiles
    "with all confidence" Greek: μετὰ πάσης παρρησίας

παρρησία = openness, frankness; boldness, confidence, assurace; before the public.

It's just that hardly no one comes in unto him ...

Thread Information