Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

What a Billion Muslims Really Think?

Inform yourself little bit about Muslim World, about the way how they see the west and their policy (especially the policy of U.S.), and what they really think about their own governments!

I believe in God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad!

The Evil comes from the greed, the envy and from arrogance.

Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

Quote Originally Posted by culi26 View Post
    Inform yourself little bit about Muslim World, about the way how they see the west and their policy (especially the policy of U.S.), and what they really think about their own governments!
    Thanks for the video. I'm really glad you posted it. I hope everyone watches it. And since we're on the theme of "getting informed" about what others believe, it would be a good idea for you to inform yourself about what I really think of Islam. I read the book the video is based on and wrote a very positive review about it over two years ago on my old blog:

“Who Speaks For Islam?: What a Billion Muslims Really Think”

WHO SPEAKS FOR ISLAM is an easy to read report on the largest study of Islamic beliefs ever conducted – over 50,000 hours of interviews with Muslims by Gallop. The results are analyzed by two highly respected experts in the field, John Esposito Ph. D. (Professor of Islamic Studies, Georgetown University) and Dalia Mogahed (Senior Analyst and Director of the Gallop Center of Muslim Studies).

I highly recommend this book. It is a quick read that quickly dispels vast volumes of false and biased information thoughtlessly presented as “facts” by nearly all media outlets. It is particularly important for evangelical Christians who have had their views skewed by anti-Islamic propaganda spewed by individuals and organizations with vested interested in presenting Islam as a false and threatening religion of violence. That is a mirror-image caricature of reality. The real problem is caused by a political force masquerading as “Islam” that is more opposed to than aligned with the genuine historical religion of Islam.

Given the current state of the world politics and the relation between Islam and West, ignorance is proving to be deadly. So read this book and get informed!

I also wrote this review of the book called "The Islamist" by Ed Husain:

Review of The Islamist by Ed Husain

Get informed! Read this book!

“THE ISLAMIST” should be read by anyone and everyone concerned about Islam and terrorism, especially those who think there is some sort of intrinsic connection between the two. Born in London to Indian immigrants, Husain was raised in a community of devoted, compassionate, and deeply spiritual Muslims with a profound love for God and their fellow human beings. But as a teen he was drawn away from his spiritual roots and got caught up in a politicized form of Islamic fundamentalism filled with the rhetoric of hate, violence, and world domination. After five years devotion to this political ideology masquerading as religion, Husain’s sleeping conscience was slapped into wakefulness when he witnessed real bloodshed flowing from the hateful rhetoric he had been propagating. Thus began the long process of cleaning his mind and soul from the poisonous political perversion of the authentic Islamic faith of his youth.

Husain accomplishes two great tasks in “The Islamist.”

• He clearly defines political Islamism as utterly distinct from the spiritual practice of the religion of Islam. As an Islamist, Husain was committed to a political movement that was antithetical to spiritual Islam and used Islam as a tool to influence Muslims and gain support for their cause.
    • He names many of the “moderate” Islamic groups that are in fact front-groups for Islamic fundamentalists. This is extremely important so that those of us working for world peace will not be duped into supporting terrorist groups.

This book is an antidote for many of the primary errors that continue to exacerbate the problem between Islam and the West. Again, I say that it should be read by anyone and everyone concerned about Islam and terrorism.
    I hope we all continue to "get informed" about what others believe. It is the only path to peace.

Great chatting!

Richard

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Thanks for the video. I'm really glad you posted it. I hope everyone watches it. And since we're on the theme of "getting informed" about what others believe, it would be a good idea for you to inform yourself about what I really think of Islam. I read the book the video is based on and wrote a very positive review about it over two years ago on my old blog:

“Who Speaks For Islam?: What a Billion Muslims Really Think”

WHO SPEAKS FOR ISLAM is an easy to read report on the largest study of Islamic beliefs ever conducted – over 50,000 hours of interviews with Muslims by Gallop. The results are analyzed by two highly respected experts in the field, John Esposito Ph. D. (Professor of Islamic Studies, Georgetown University) and Dalia Mogahed (Senior Analyst and Director of the Gallop Center of Muslim Studies).

I highly recommend this book. It is a quick read that quickly dispels vast volumes of false and biased information thoughtlessly presented as “facts” by nearly all media outlets. It is particularly important for evangelical Christians who have had their views skewed by anti-Islamic propaganda spewed by individuals and organizations with vested interested in presenting Islam as a false and threatening religion of violence. That is a mirror-image caricature of reality. The real problem is caused by a political force masquerading as “Islam” that is more opposed to than aligned with the genuine historical religion of Islam.

Given the current state of the world politics and the relation between Islam and West, ignorance is proving to be deadly. So read this book and get informed!

I also wrote this review of the book called "The Islamist" by Ed Husain:

Review of The Islamist by Ed Husain

Get informed! Read this book!

“THE ISLAMIST” should be read by anyone and everyone concerned about Islam and terrorism, especially those who think there is some sort of intrinsic connection between the two. Born in London to Indian immigrants, Husain was raised in a community of devoted, compassionate, and deeply spiritual Muslims with a profound love for God and their fellow human beings. But as a teen he was drawn away from his spiritual roots and got caught up in a politicized form of Islamic fundamentalism filled with the rhetoric of hate, violence, and world domination. After five years devotion to this political ideology masquerading as religion, Husain’s sleeping conscience was slapped into wakefulness when he witnessed real bloodshed flowing from the hateful rhetoric he had been propagating. Thus began the long process of cleaning his mind and soul from the poisonous political perversion of the authentic Islamic faith of his youth.

Husain accomplishes two great tasks in “The Islamist.”

• He clearly defines political Islamism as utterly distinct from the spiritual practice of the religion of Islam. As an Islamist, Husain was committed to a political movement that was antithetical to spiritual Islam and used Islam as a tool to influence Muslims and gain support for their cause.
    • He names many of the “moderate” Islamic groups that are in fact front-groups for Islamic fundamentalists. This is extremely important so that those of us working for world peace will not be duped into supporting terrorist groups.

This book is an antidote for many of the primary errors that continue to exacerbate the problem between Islam and the West. Again, I say that it should be read by anyone and everyone concerned about Islam and terrorism.
    I hope we all continue to "get informed" about what others believe. It is the only path to peace.

Great chatting!

Richard

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try to read these books(inshaAllah).
    I believe in God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad!

The Evil comes from the greed, the envy and from arrogance.

Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

Thread Information