Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by TheForgiven View Post
    Actually that is not correct my friend. Romans 10:9-10 is not HOW to be baptized; that is an assumption based on a fallacy. Romans 10:9-10 is not HOW a Christian is saved, but is the very salvation of a Christian. In other words, it is not the "process" for salvation, but the "truth" of a saved Christian.

A Christian does not need God to send a Prophet to declare the 10 commandments to them. A Christian does not need someone to explain the resurrection of the dead. Nay, a Christian who professes the Lord Jesus as his/her Lord has already been resurrected from the dead, and through this faith are they saved. That is what Paul was explaining to Christians in Rome who were being confused by Jews who caused trouble stating that Christians must first obey the Laws of Moses before they could be true Christians. Paul counters this argument by showing that a Christian is not saved by observing the Laws of Moses; this would mean that someone would have to come from heaven down to earth and declare the laws of God; as was the case with Moses. Nay, a Christian has the Laws of God in his heart.

Therefore, a Christian who professes that Christ is His Lord, and that God raised Jesus from the dead, are thus proving their salvation through this faith, not site. Thus, Romans 10:9-10 is not HOW to be saved, but the very "TRUTH" of our salvation.

Joseph
    Hello Joseph
    Romans 10:
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    You are correct in your quotation, but I think belief in Christ must show a commitment to Christ and that can be shown by the works we do which can be just having conversations face to face or as we do on this forum.
    Baptism is important and while I would not say that without baptism Jesus is not going to reject everyone, I would say, that if you recognize baptism is something Jesus did and said that it was necessary to do in order to fulfill all righteousness why not do it? Better safe than sorry.

Jesus final instruction to his disciples was: (Mark 16:15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

This is why I think a true and full belief is; submitting to baptism, just as Naaman had to dip himself seven times in the river Jordan before he was healed of leprosy.

Baptism is a simple act of faith which is done before witnesses and is an outward sign of an inward belief. "At the end of the day" and "in the final analysis" as they say; it is what is in a person's heart that will count in the day of judgment. I think it is wise to obey than disobey. I think we should obey the requests of Jesus of which two are; 1)to be baptized and 2) to remember him by taking bread and wine.
    Jesus says; "this do in remembrance of me" and whilst that instruction was given to his immediate disciples, we see it was carried out by the Apostle Paul.
    1 Corinthians 11:
    23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
    24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said,
    Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

David
    Last edited by David M; 07-22-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Thread Information