and the only acquital is for the just.

The corpus dilecti is here on earth,
    (he left it behind so we'd know..)
    There's definitely been a crime committed,
    Mankind had better look out below!

The Rulers of Darkness, had they but known,
    Would never have smitten the Seed that was sown..1Cor2:8/1Pet1:23
    They went and killed that innocent Lamb,
    Not knowing he was surely the son of "I AM".

Two Testament witnesses will be at the trial,
    (Prima facie evidence the world knows..)
    His Will and Last Testament shown to the court
    The INHERITANCE denied to all foes.

The principal accused is the Devil.. his
    bloody head failed the DNA tests..
    The many accessories to his crimes
    will be known before Defense Rests: Heb4:9

The Counselor tells the Body of Christ
    not to fear for the Head up above..
    "Faith is the Evidence" we've been saved
    and IN HIM we're walking in love.

The High Court will soon be convening..
    Nobody's excused from this docket..
    You'd better retain the Advocate Son
    'Cause He's got the Judge in his pocket!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Two witnesses were required in the Old Testament for a life-death case, and now there's two witnesses emphasized in Rev11 -- any connection you think, or just a coincidence?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Two witnesses were required in the Old Testament for a life-death case, and now there's two witnesses emphasized in Rev11 -- any connection you think, or just a coincidence?
    Sure, the connection is obvious. Only not to the "life-death case" in particular but in any question, the truth is established by as many mutually confirming witnesses as possible. Two is just the minimum number.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hence all the faithful men and women spoken about by Paul in Hebrews chapter 11 of whom Paul goes on to say; "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God".

So, not only has God caused His message to be witten down which we have today in the form of the Bible, God has an abundace of witnesses down the ages all testifying about Him.

So why should anyone doubt all those witnesses?

David

Are the Two Covenants of Gal 4:24 same as two witnesses? (Because other subjects, like salvation and 'born-again' or 'translated', are treated as synonyms...)

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree". Galatians 3:13,-- and 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith".

Are the Two Covenants of Gal 4:24 same as two witnesses? (Because other subjects, like salvation and 'born-again' or 'translated', are treated as synonyms...)

"Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree". Galatians 3:13,-- and 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith".
    Hello Bob
    The following verse tells us that Laban made a covenant with Jacob and the covenant was their witness.
    Genesis 31:44 Now therefore come thou, let us make a covenant, I and thou; and let it be for a witness between me and thee.

On the same basis, the two covenants "old" and "new" made made by God are two witnesses.

A covenant made between two people is usually in the form or a written document and the document is their "witness".

The Bible is divided in to two; The Old Testament and the New Testament and by the word "testament" we know that to mean the same as the word "covenant", therefore today, we have two witnesses for God for the covenants that God made with humans.

The New Testament is not based on the Old Law given to Moses, but as Paul reminds us is based on the shed blood of Jesus. Hence Paul writes reminding us of Jesus's words (1 Cor 11:25) This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

David
    Last edited by David M; 08-02-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Hello Bob
    The following verse tells us that Laban made a covenant with Jacob and the covenant was their witness.
    Genesis 31:44 Now therefore come thou, let us make a covenant, I and thou; and let it be for a witness between me and thee.
    On the same basis, the two covenants "old" and "new" made made by God are two witnesses.

A covenant made between two people is usually in the form or a written document and the document is their "witness".
    haha. Remember when a handshake was all that was necessary? Anyhow, lots of covenants in OT, maybe to obscure how the TWO of Old and New are special in their way.
    The Bible is divided in to two; The Old Testament and the New Testament and by the word "testament" we know that to mean the same as the word "covenant", therefore today, we have two witnesses for God for the covenants that God made with humans.

The New Testament is not based on the Old Law given to Moses, but as Paul reminds us is based on the shed blood of Jesus. Hence Paul writes reminding us of Jesus's words (1 Cor 11:25) This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
    David

Not sure what you're saying about 'not based' -- takes all 1,2,3, for the Timeline -- Genesis, OT, NT -- Spirit, Soul, Body -- Trinity -- land, sea, air, etc.
    Many PRECEPTS in the OT: Moses had them drink the powdered gold. Melchizedek brought 'bread & wine'. The 'patterns', obviously, cannot all be exactly
    the same. Think we're mostly on the same page from what I've noticed of your comments, and don't mean to be nitpicky now--maybe just semantics. KaiRow

Hello Bob

DM A covenant made between two people is usually in the form or a written document and the document is their "witness".
    haha. Remember when a handshake was all that was necessary? Anyhow, lots of covenants in OT, maybe to obscure how the TWO of Old and New are special in their way.
    A handshake as far as I know is a type of bond. Our word should be as good as our bond. "let your yea be yea and your nay be nay".

I suppose if there are living witnesses to the handshake and they have heard the words spoken and agreed by the parties involved, that should be sufficient in the days when written documents were not so easily available.

Not sure what you're saying about 'not based' -- takes all 1,2,3, for the Timeline -- Genesis, OT, NT -- Spirit, Soul, Body -- Trinity -- land, sea, air, etc.
    Many PRECEPTS in the OT: Moses had them drink the powdered gold. Melchizedek brought 'bread & wine'. The 'patterns', obviously, cannot all be exactly
    the same. Think we're mostly on the same page from what I've noticed of your comments, and don't mean to be nitpicky now--maybe just semantics. KaiRow
    (1 John 5:8) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

This does not speak of "The Trinity" and apart from this one issue, I also think we are in agreement.

David
    Last edited by David M; 08-03-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Thread Information