Thanks for the link. But when you post a news item, it would be best if you could briefly tell folks what it is about, and why you thought might be of interest.
I checked out the link, and certainly is a lot there that would be excellent grist for our mill here. Here are the links to the articles in the newsletter:
1. Where is the United States in Prophecy?
2. Israel- God's Timepiece
3. A Revived Roman Empire?
4. The Gog/Magog War
5. Apostate Christianity
6. The Rise of Islam
7. Increase in Knowledge/New Technologies
8. Christian Worldviews/Issues
9. Other World Events To Watch
Here's my take on those issues:
- Yep, and it rang Midnight in 70 AD and promptly exploded into ten million pieces. The current secular political entity in Palestine is not a continuation of the Biblical nation of Israel.
- Absurd. Futurists require a revived Roman empire to redestroy a rebuilt Temple to refulfill the prophecies that God fulfilled in 70 AD.
- Nobody really knows the meaning of the Gog/Magog stuff. All the speculation has so far been proven false. The USSR doesn't even exist anymore!
- Yeah ... they make some good points in this part.
- More good points.
- True, but they build too much from a very small verse without any other verse to confirm their interpretation. That's not good hermeneutics.