Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ha Biblecodes works still in my old computer:

Genesis 78064 letters, 20612 words, 1533 verses.

Exodus 63529 letters, 16713 words, 1210 verses.

Leviticus 44790 letters, 11950 words, 859 verses.

Numbers 63530 letters, 16408 words, 1288 verses.

Deuteronomy 54892 letters, 14294 words, 956 verses.

Torah as a whole 304805 letters, 79977 words, 5846 verses.

So something is not right and my Numbers 25:19 -thesis does not stand ...

i counted after in my Tenach-edition,

Genesis has 1533 verses, while the Chazak says 1534 verses.

So that's not right.

Numbers has 1289 verses, (Numbers 25 having 19 verses).
    while the Chazak says 1288 verses.

So that's not right too.

The rest I didn't count after.

So it seems Biblecodes is right. It is computronic.

So the secret of the 5845 verses yet must have to do with the two verses Numbers 10:35-36, which are traditionally seen as forming an apart book,
    and with the extra verse Numbers 28:19 "And it was after the plague".

5846 - 2 = 5844
    5844 + 1 = 5845.

So maybe my fantasy was not so bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    Ha Biblecodes works still in my old computer:

Genesis 78064 letters, 20612 words, 1533 verses.

Exodus 63529 letters, 16713 words, 1210 verses.

Leviticus 44790 letters, 11950 words, 859 verses.

Numbers 63530 letters, 16408 words, 1288 verses.

Deuteronomy 54892 letters, 14294 words, 956 verses.

Torah as a whole 304805 letters, 79977 words, 5846 verses.

So something is not right and my Numbers 25:19 -thesis does not stand ...
    In my computertronic database I have these verse counts (with differences from yours):

Gen 1533 (0)
    Exo 1213 (+3)
    Lev 859 (0)
    Num 1288 (0)
    Deu 959 (+3)

Total 5852 (+6)

I would have to check to see if this is because of English vs. Hebrew versification.

i counted after in my Tenach-edition,

Genesis has 1533 verses, while the Chazak says 1534 verses.

So that's not right.

Numbers has 1289 verses, (Numbers 25 having 19 verses).
    while the Chazak says 1288 verses.

So that's not right too.

The rest I didn't count after.

So it seems Biblecodes is right. It is computronic.
    Like I said, there is no reason to trust tradition about these numbers. Tradition is famous for being wrong. E.g. 600,000 letters in Torah?!

So the secret of the 5845 verses yet must have to do with the two verses Numbers 10:35-36, which are traditionally seen as forming an apart book,
    and with the extra verse Numbers 28:19 "And it was after the plague".

5846 - 2 = 5844
    5844 + 1 = 5845.

So maybe my fantasy was not so bad at all.
    The only "secret" about the 5845 verses is that it's wrong!

Or if it's "right" it's only "right" for one particular version.

The fact that you are trying to save your fantasy from reality suggests you prefer fantasy over reality. That could lead to some real problems you know ...
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    The fact that you are trying to save your fantasy from reality suggests you prefer fantasy over reality. That could lead to some real problems you know ...
    Pinchas became priest without being anointed,
    like Jesus became Messiah without being anointed.

Numbers 25:12-13,
    Therefore, say, "I hereby give him My covenant of peace. It shall be for him and for his descendants after him [as] an eternal covenant of kehunah, because he was zealous for his God and atoned for the children of Israel."

In the same place where Pinchas killed Zimri and Kozbi John the Baptist appeared and also Jesus came to be baptized, and the heaven was seen rending, etc. and Jesus later returned to be questioned about divorce.

Pinchas said to have been Eliyahu in his zealous act, Eliyahu the forerunner of the Messiah.
    Like also John the Baptist was Eliyahu in his act of baptizing.

Mark 1: 6,
    And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;

After 2 Kings 1:8,
    And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.
    Last edited by sylvius; 07-05-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Pinchas became priest without being anointed,
    like Jesus became Messiah without being anointed.

Numbers 25:12-13,
    Therefore, say, "I hereby give him My covenant of peace. It shall be for him and for his descendants after him [as] an eternal covenant of kehunah, because he was zealous for his God and atoned for the children of Israel."
    Don't you find it odd that Moses killed his own relatives? He was son-in-law of Jethro, Priest of Midian.

How do you know that Pinchas was not anointed?

If you read Numbers 25 carefully, you will see that it may have been a battle between the Mosaic Priesthood vs. the Aaronic Priesthood (which won).

In the same place where Pinchas killed Zimri and Kozbi John the Baptist appeared and where also Jesus came to be baptized, and where the heaven was seen rending, etc. and where Jesus later returned to be questioned about divorce.

Pinchas said to have been Eliyahu isn his zealous act, Eliyahu the forerunner of the Messiah.
    How do you know it was the "same place"?

Who says that Pinchas was Eliyahu?

Like also John the Baptist was Eliyahu in his act of baptizing.

Mark 1: 6,
    And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;

After 2 Kings 1:8,
    And they answered him, He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And he said, It is Elijah the Tishbite.
    Yes, of course everyone knows that John the Baptist fulfilled the prophecy of the Elijah who was to come.

Matthew 11:11 "Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force. 13 "For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 "And if you care to accept it, he himself is Elijah, who was to come.

Note that the name Elijah first appears in the NT in Matthew 11 corresponding to Book 11 (1 Kings) where Elijah first appears in the Bible. This is one of many examples of how the chapter sequence of Matthew matches that of the book sequence in the Bible.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Don't you find it odd that Moses killed his own relatives? He was son-in-law of Jethro, Priest of Midian.
    It were Midianite merchants who sold Joseph to Egypt.
    Shim'on,the moralist, being the one to initiate the selling. (because of Joseph's gay manners), which was why Joseph took him as captive, Genesis 42:24, Rashi:
    Simeon: He [was the one who] had cast him into the pit. It was he who said to Levi,“Behold, that dreamer is coming” (Gen. 37:19).

How do you know that Pinchas was not anointed?
    From Rashi:

an eternal covenant of kehunah: Although the kehunah had already been given to Aaron’s descendants, it had been given only to Aaron and his sons who were anointed with him, and to their children whom they would beget after their anointment. Phinehas, however, who was born before that and had never been anointed, had not been included in the kehunah until now. And so, we learn in [Tractate] Zevachim [101b],“Phinehas was not made a kohen until he killed Zimri.”
    If you read Numbers 25 carefully, you will see that it may have been a battle between the Mosaic Priesthood vs. the Aaronic Priesthood (which won).
    How you get that?

How do you know it was the "same place"?
    In the plains of Moab across the Jordan from Jericho. (Numbers 22:1)

cf. John 1:28,
    These things took place in Bethany across the Jordan, where John was baptizing.
    John 10:40
    He went away again across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing at first, and there he remained.
    Mark 10:1,
    And Jesus stood up from that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan

Who says that Pinchas was Eliyahu?
    The Baal Haturim:

http://torah.org/learning/perceptions/5766/pinchas.html

It's expressed in the broken "vav" of אֶת בְּרִיתִי שָׁלוֹם, "et b'riti shalom" = My covenant of peace.

Ha, I quote myself:

http://www.goedbericht.nl/forum/inde...rum=7&topic=40

...Another explanation of the severed 'vav' (the letter 'vav' of 'shalom' is cut ) is that Pinchas is Eliyahu. Likewise, we find that 'Eliyahu' is written without the 'vav' (Aleph-lamed-yud-heh) and 'Ya'akov' is written with its 'vav' (Yud-ayin-kuf-VAV-bais), which is said to have been taken from Eliyahu as a surety until Moshiach comes and redeems his sons. This is what it says, "Ya'akov will exult, Israel will rejoice (yismach)" (Tehillim 14:7), the letters of 'yismach' being that of 'Moshiach,' for there will be rejoicing in the Days of Moshiach when the 'vav' will be returned to Eliyahu making it complete. (Ba'al HaTurim)

Gepost: Mei 3, 2004 07:24:06

De naam Ja'akow (= Jakob) wordt meestal geschreven 'jod-ajin-kof-beth' --maar 5x met 'waw' ; nl. in Lev.26,42;
    Jer.30,18; Jer.33,26; Jer.46,27; Jer.51,19.

Opmerkelijk: getal van 'Ja'akow', zonder 'waw', is 182.
    Getal van 'Jisrael' is 541; getal van 'Satan' 359 , en 541=182+359.

Getal van 'Ja'akow'met 'waw' is 188.
    Getal van 'Esaw'(Esau) is 376.
    En 376 = 2 x188.

Het bijbelse jaar 3760 (=10 x 376) komt overeen met het traditionele geboortejaar van Jezus; dit zou ook het geboortejaar zijn geweest van Rabbi Akiba.

Geert

Yes, of course everyone knows

that John the Baptist fulfilled the prophecy of the Elijah who was to come.
    Last edited by sylvius; 07-05-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Numbers 33:48-49,
    They journeyed from the mountains of Abarim and camped in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho
    They camped along the Jordan from Beth jeshimoth to Abel shittim, in the plains of Moab.
    This was the last desert-journey and the last desert-station, the 42nd.

I think that's why Matthew counts 42 generations from Abraham to Jesus.
    And I think Matthew's star was the star seen by Balaam, Numbers 22:17,
    I see it, but not now; I behold it, but not soon. A star has gone forth from Jacob, and a staff will arise from Israel which will crush the princes of Moab and uproot all the sons of Seth.
    I even think Balaam is meant to be one of the magi who came the venerate the newborn baby-boy.

About the letter "vav" that was taken up by Jacob:
    Rashi on Leviticus 42:26,
    וְזָכַרְתִּי אֶת בְּרִיתִי יַעֲקוֹב And I will remember My covenant [with] Jacob:

Heb. יַעִקוֹב. [The name יַעִקוֹב is] written in full, [i.e., with a “vav,”] in five places [in Scripture], and [the name] אֵלִיָּהוּ is written defectively [without a “vav,” i.e., אֵלִיָּה also] in five places [in Scripture]. Jacob took a letter [“vav”] from the name of Elijah [the Prophet] as security-that he will come and herald the redemption of his [Jacob’s] children [and since this is Elijah’s mission in life, his name will remain “incomplete,” as it were, until he fulfills it, speedily, in our days. The five instances of the “vav” symbolize the five fingers of the hand; i.e., this security arrangement between Jacob and Elijah was sealed by a handshake (Gur Aryeh)].
    and, as mentioned on the Dutch forum:
    "Ya'akov", written in full, has gematria 188, while Esau "Eisav" has gematria 376 = 2 x 188.
    Biblical year 3760 coinciding the Christian year 0, the year Jesus was born in Betlehem's stable, above which the star stood still, Matthew 2:9,

and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was
    Last edited by sylvius; 07-06-2012 at 02:39 AM.

The 5 times "Ya'akov" written with "vav" are to be found in Leviticus 26:42, and in Jeremiah 30:18; 33:26; 40:27; 51:19.

The 5 times "Eliyah", written without "vav" are to be found in 2Kings 1:3; 1:4;1:8; 1:12; 4:2.

So one of these five times is in the verse Mark 1:6 alluded to.

Rabbi Ginsburgh on "the Jewish star":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-4qd0KKMQ&feature=plcp

points at some peculiarities of the word "kochav", written "kaf - vav - kaf - bet".

Sum of the lettervalues is 48,
    Product of the lettervalues is 4800.

Which makes me think of the hundredfold yield of the seed that fell into good earth, etc...!

Rabbi Ginsburgh on "the Jewish star":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn-4qd0KKMQ&feature=plcp

points at some peculiarities of the word "kochav", written "kaf - vav - kaf - bet".

Sum of the lettervalues is 48,
    Product of the lettervalues is 4800.

Which makes me think of the hundredfold yield of the seed that fell into good earth, etc...!
    Genesis 15:5,
    And He took him outside, and He said, "Please look heavenward and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So will be your seed."

Mark 4:14,
    The sower soweth the word.

Genesis 22:2,
    And He said, "Please take your son, your only one, whom you love, Isaac, and go away to the land of Moriah and bring him up there for a burnt offering on one of the mountains, of which I will tell you."
    v.5:
    And Abraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the donkey, and I and the lad will go yonder, and we will prostrate ourselves and return to you."

Rashi:
    yonder: Heb. עַד כֹּה, lit. until there, i.e., a short way to the place that is before us. And the Midrashic interpretation (Tan. ad loc.): I will see where is [the promise] that the Holy One, blessed be He, said to me (above 15:5):“So (כֹּה) will be your seed.”

Thread Information