Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Solved: Can't view YouTube videos in Firefox 13.0

Rose and I both experienced this problem today. After an automatic update to Firefox 13.0, we couldn't watch YouTube videos. We would just get a message that says "An error has occurred." After a little googling about, I found this article which explained that there was a compatibility problem with RealPlayer. All I had to do was this:

Turn off Web Download & Recording in RealPlayer

1. Launch RealPlayer
    2. Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.
    3. Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel
    4. Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"
    5. Click OK and close RealPlayer
    6. Restart Firefox

That fixed it for both Rose and me.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Rose and I both experienced this problem today. After an automatic update to Firefox 13.0, we couldn't watch YouTube videos. We would just get a message that says "An error has occurred." After a little googling about, I found this article which explained that there was a compatibility problem with RealPlayer. All I had to do was this:

Turn off Web Download & Recording in RealPlayer

1. Launch RealPlayer
    2. Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.
    3. Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel
    4. Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"
    5. Click OK and close RealPlayer
    6. Restart Firefox

That fixed it for both Rose and me.
    It can be frustrating all the updates which take place. Once one set of problems have been resolved, a new release of one program is made that upsets the balance. I also get frustrated at the way browsers and associated programs want to muscle in and be the dominant program even thought they might allow you to change the default program.

I got fed up with RealPlayer and Google Chrome and have removed them in favor of sticking with other programs. I have vacillated between Internet Explorer and Firefox and am currently running both. The latest niggle that has crept in to Internet Explorer is that when signing in to this forum using the boxes at the top of the page, I log in and the site thanks me for logging in but does not log me in. It might if I ask it to "remember me". At this point, I usually switch back to Firefox. The problem I had with downloading attachments from this forum using Firefox has now been resolved with either an update or reloading Firefox.

Everything else seems to be OK at the moment, until the next update comes along to spoil it.

David

Quote Originally Posted by guest99 View Post
    folks,

i just got the problem solved and wanted to share the solution.

my ff is 14.0.1 and flash version is 11.3.300.270.

i have had trouble watching youtube videos for weeks even since updated the flash.

i got the youtube error message something like, video error, try again later and the snow screen.

i found this info, http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...-video-firefox

the page offers 2 solutions, #1-update your real player, if it doesn't solve the problem, #2-downgrade your flash version, to v10.x or 11.2.

i had prepared to downgrade my flash if the real player update doesn't work. my previous uninstall flash and reinstall it with the latest version didn't work though.

surprisingly the problem was actually due to the real player. i can watch youtube videos now after upgrading it to the latest version 15.0.6.14.

after upgrading the real player, it will update its driver in ff when u re-open ff and that should enable you to watch youtube videos.

hope this info could help those have the same problem as me.

cheers!
    Hey there guess99,

Thanks for the info. I'm not surprised that the problem was with the compatibility of the Real player with FF. After the latest upgrade to FF 14.0.1 I had my Flash video player crash frequently.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information