Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Number 37

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Number 37

    Hi all,

    Am looking for answers, or theories, or even opinions on the following.

    Two years ago I started to see the number 37 everywhere. Started with what I call "double digits" on my phone's clock e.g 00:00, 01:01, 10:10 etc... of which this happens exactly 37 times every 24 hours. I saw this on the 37th week of my 37th year. So was a bit freaked by it.

    Subsequently I have changed my life, sought meaning and expression over security and possessions (trust me no altruistic motivation here) and had the word "thirtyseven" tattooed on my arm as a kind of life motto.

    I didn't know until a few minutes ago after reading this website, that 37 had such a significance in the bible and all the interesting mathematical properties.

    Anyway, I don't believe I am Jesus Christ, but I would be interested to hear other people's ideas regarding meaning or if you have had similar experiences.

    Gulp! Lets see what comes back.

    Thanks all,

    Rich

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by thirtyseven View Post
    Hi all,

    Am looking for answers, or theories, or even opinions on the following.

    Two years ago I started to see the number 37 everywhere. Started with what I call "double digits" on my phone's clock e.g 00:00, 01:01, 10:10 etc... of which this happens exactly 37 times every 24 hours. I saw this on the 37th week of my 37th year. So was a bit freaked by it.

    Subsequently I have changed my life, sought meaning and expression over security and possessions (trust me no altruistic motivation here) and had the word "thirtyseven" tattooed on my arm as a kind of life motto.

    I didn't know until a few minutes ago after reading this website, that 37 had such a significance in the bible and all the interesting mathematical properties.

    Anyway, I don't believe I am Jesus Christ, but I would be interested to hear other people's ideas regarding meaning or if you have had similar experiences.

    Gulp! Lets see what comes back.

    Thanks all,

    Rich
    Hey there Rich,

    Welcome to our forum!



    You "just happened" to pick/encounter one of the coolest numbers in the mathematical universe. Well done!

    I wrote a lot about the number 37 and its mirror 73 (a pair a palindromic primes that also form the fourth Hex/Star pair of geometric numbers) because those numbers are the prime factors of the value of Genesis 1:1 = 2701 = 37 x 73. I discovered that pattern before becoming Christian. It played an important role in convincing me that the Bible was inspired by God. My conviction that the Bible was inspired was then amplified a thousandfold by my discovery of the Bible Wheel. But after many years of intense study, I finally came to realize that the God of the Bible cannot be the true God because of all the errors and contradictions in the Bible and the bad stuff it says about God (e.g. commanding genocide). So now I'm stuck with a mystery. All the cool numbers and patterns I found in the Bible remain, but I don't know what any of it means!

    It's good to hear that you don't believe you are Jesus Christ. Over the last decade since I started this site, I've been contacted by about half a dozen folks who thought they were Christ or Elijah because of number patterns relating to their birthdays, names, and what not. It's really pathetic.

    So in answer to your question - I don't know what it means or if it means anything. One problem is selective memory can make the occurrence of any number seem to stand out. On the other hand, we are psychic beings and there is a big "Mind" out there of which we are a part, and that Mind seems pretty interested in numbers, and the Number 37 is about the coolest (or maybe 137) and so maybe you just "tuned in" to something.

    What do you think it might mean?

    Again, welcome to our forum!

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    Hi Richard,

    Thanks so much for your reply. Appreciate it, especially your openness and honesty about your beliefs.

    So my honest opinion is I don't know what it means, but I do know the meaning I put to it. To help give you an insight into my religous beliefy I subscribe to the AA philosophy..."god of my understanding". That means, it will only ever be my understanding of God as I don't believe I will ever understand God...that would lack the humility that faith requires.

    So 37...If you are interested here is the story of how 37 came about: http://www.thirtyseven.ch/why37

    You will see the reference to Nietzche and the return to child like innocence and wonder. Definitely 37 represents a breaking away from the Camel mind of must and obligation and a recognition of the Lion in me. My life has been revolutionised in the last two years and I am heading towards a life freer of obligation and increased self trust and confidence (and believe me that is an act of faith sometimes).

    So in short, if I had to put it in Higher Power terms, I would say it is a moving towards what God wants me to be. For me to live my life on Gods terms and not on the obligations of social pressure. I do know that in my more stressful and doubtful moments about my path, 37 appears with more regularity than when I am in the flow.

    I hear you on conditioning, and I am sure that comes to play. But I have had many occassions when I have woken up in the middle of the night and checked the time and it has been 00:37, 04:37 etc. I guess my body clock could be conditioned too.

    Anyway, it probably has no meaning past what I put on it.

    I love your site. I have a bachelor degree in Pure Mathematics and a lover of 37, so you (or our ancestors!) have created something I can really get my teeth into. I didn't know that 37 was integrated into the star of David until last night. So I will definitely be back and crawl your pages. Maybe even get a copy of your book.

    All the best & keep up the good work.

    Richard

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    1,681
    37 is also gematria of "hayachid" = the singular one.

    Genesis 1:5,

    And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night, and it was evening and it was morning, day one.

    day one, יוֹם אֶחָד, "yom echad".

    Rashi:
    According to the sequence of the language of the chapter, it should have been written, “the first day,” ( יום ראשון) as it is written regarding the other days, “second, third, fourth.” Why did Scripture write“one” ? Because the Holy One, blessed be He, was the only one in His world, for the angels were not created until the second day. [i.e., יוֹם אֶחָד is understood as ‘the day of the only One’] So is it explained in Genesis Rabbah (3:8).

    The day of the only One = "yom hayachid".

    Singular one in Greek "monogenès" , John 1:18,
    θεὸν οὐδεὶς ἑώρακεν πώποτε: μονογενὴς θεὸς ὁ ὢν εἰς τὸν κόλπον τοῦ πατρὸς ἐκεῖνος ἐξηγήσατο.

    The reason behind that:

    Although man was only created on the sixth day, he was as resurrected one already present on the first.
    That's why the first day is called "yom echad", day one

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mio, Michigan
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by thirtyseven View Post
    Hi all,

    Subsequently I have changed my life, sought meaning and expression over security and possessions (trust me no altruistic motivation here).

    Gulp! Lets see what comes back.

    Thanks all,

    Rich
    Hello Rich! Thanks for stopping in to say "Hi".

    Your statement reflects your modesty, after all, you are keeping those manufacturers in business and their employees working!

    Cheers!

    John

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by thirtyseven View Post
    Hi Richard,

    Thanks so much for your reply. Appreciate it, especially your openness and honesty about your beliefs.

    So my honest opinion is I don't know what it means, but I do know the meaning I put to it. To help give you an insight into my religous beliefy I subscribe to the AA philosophy..."god of my understanding". That means, it will only ever be my understanding of God as I don't believe I will ever understand God...that would lack the humility that faith requires.

    So 37...If you are interested here is the story of how 37 came about: http://www.thirtyseven.ch/why37

    You will see the reference to Nietzche and the return to child like innocence and wonder. Definitely 37 represents a breaking away from the Camel mind of must and obligation and a recognition of the Lion in me. My life has been revolutionised in the last two years and I am heading towards a life freer of obligation and increased self trust and confidence (and believe me that is an act of faith sometimes).

    So in short, if I had to put it in Higher Power terms, I would say it is a moving towards what God wants me to be. For me to live my life on Gods terms and not on the obligations of social pressure. I do know that in my more stressful and doubtful moments about my path, 37 appears with more regularity than when I am in the flow.

    I hear you on conditioning, and I am sure that comes to play. But I have had many occassions when I have woken up in the middle of the night and checked the time and it has been 00:37, 04:37 etc. I guess my body clock could be conditioned too.

    Anyway, it probably has no meaning past what I put on it.

    I love your site. I have a bachelor degree in Pure Mathematics and a lover of 37, so you (or our ancestors!) have created something I can really get my teeth into. I didn't know that 37 was integrated into the star of David until last night. So I will definitely be back and crawl your pages. Maybe even get a copy of your book.

    All the best & keep up the good work.

    Richard
    Hey there Richard,

    Fascinating story. I liked this paragraph from the page you linked:
    That is what 37 about. 37 appeared at a time in my life where I was attempting to achieve goals of high personal value that were at odds with my job, my finances and what could be considered rational behaviour. After this night I found a new will to complete my little project which found me alone in Patagonia with only a kayak for company. The magic of this period cannot be underestimated. Many things happened along the way which could be called coincidences if they happened once. But time and time again I met people and ‘coincidences’ happened so that I was able to succesfully complete my trip.
    I can totally relate to your experience. It sounds much like what happened to me back in the fall of 1990. I suddenly became aware of numinous numbers -- very Jungian and archetypal -- and they captured my mind and seemed very meaningful. I had a lucid dream in which a woman said "Are you looking for Dumbo? 12 x 44." This led to a rigorous and diligent study of the meaning of numbers. This site is a result of that experience. You can read about it in my thread called Looking for Dumbo.

    And for years I had the experience of spontaneously awakening to look at repeated digits on my digital clock. 1:11, 2:22, etc. I don't think it is merely selective memory or a pre-programmed brain, but it is important to keep that possibility in mind once you begin to consciously notice the number patterns. We greatly increase the odds of finding something if we are actively looking for it.

    It sounds like we have a lot in common. I too have a degree in Mathematics, and also in Physics. I look forward to our future conversations.

    All the best,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    37 is also gematria of "hayachid" = the singular one.

    Genesis 1:5,

    And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night, and it was evening and it was morning, day one.

    day one, יוֹם אֶחָד, "yom echad".

    Rashi:
    According to the sequence of the language of the chapter, it should have been written, “the first day,” ( יום ראשון) as it is written regarding the other days, “second, third, fourth.” Why did Scripture write“one” ? Because the Holy One, blessed be He, was the only one in His world, for the angels were not created until the second day. [i.e., יוֹם אֶחָד is understood as ‘the day of the only One’] So is it explained in Genesis Rabbah (3:8).

    The day of the only One = "yom hayachid".

    Singular one in Greek "monogenès" , John 1:18,
    θεὸν οὐδεὶς ἑώρακεν πώποτε: μονογενὴς θεὸς ὁ ὢν εἰς τὸν κόλπον τοῦ πατρὸς ἐκεῖνος ἐξηγήσατο.

    The reason behind that:

    Although man was only created on the sixth day, he was as resurrected one already present on the first.
    That's why the first day is called "yom echad", day one
    It is very interesting that Genesis 1:5 uses the cardinal "echad" (one) whereas the rest of the days use the ordinal (second, third, etc.).

    And it is interesting the term μονογενὴ - translated as "only begotten" in the KJV but better translated as "unique" or "one and only" - is used in Psalm 21 LXX (Psa 22:21 in Hebrew Bibles and Psa 22:20 in English) to translate yachid.
    NAS Psalm 22:20 Deliver my soul from the sword, My yachid from the power of the dog.
    This is, of course, the Psalm Christ quoted from the cross.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    1,681
    The gematria of Hevel (Abel) is also 37.

    It might be well that the blood of Hevel is the blood of the New Testament.

    Genesis 4:10,
    Your brother's blood cries out to Me from the ground.

    Rashi:
    Your brother’s blood: Heb. דְמֵי, the plural form. His blood and the blood of his descendants
    Same you'll find in NT:

    Matthew 23:35
    And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

    Greek:
    ὅπως ἔλθῃ ἐφ' ὑμᾶς πᾶν αἷμα δίκαιον ἐκχυννόμενον ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος Αβελ τοῦ δικαίου ἕως τοῦ αἵματος Ζαχαρίου υἱοῦ Βαραχίου, ὃν ἐφονεύσατε μεταξὺ τοῦ ναοῦ καὶ τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου.

    ἐκχυννόμενον , that has been shed, also in Matthew 26:28,

    τοῦτο γάρ ἐστιν τὸ αἷμά μου τῆς διαθήκης τὸ περὶ πολλῶν ἐκχυννόμενον εἰς ἄφεσιν ἁμαρτιῶν.

    There is more about it ...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvius View Post
    The gematria of Hevel (Abel) is also 37.

    It might be well that the blood of Hevel is the blood of the New Testament.

    Genesis 4:10,
    Your brother's blood cries out to Me from the ground.

    Rashi:
    Your brother’s blood: Heb. דְמֵי, the plural form. His blood and the blood of his descendants
    Same you'll find in NT:

    Matthew 23:35
    And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

    Greek:
    ὅπως ἔλθῃ ἐφ' ὑμᾶς πᾶν αἷμα δίκαιον ἐκχυννόμενον ἐπὶ τῆς γῆς ἀπὸ τοῦ αἵματος Αβελ τοῦ δικαίου ἕως τοῦ αἵματος Ζαχαρίου υἱοῦ Βαραχίου, ὃν ἐφονεύσατε μεταξὺ τοῦ ναοῦ καὶ τοῦ θυσιαστηρίου.

    ἐκχυννόμενον , that has been shed, also in Matthew 26:28,

    τοῦτο γάρ ἐστιν τὸ αἷμά μου τῆς διαθήκης τὸ περὶ πολλῶν ἐκχυννόμενον εἰς ἄφεσιν ἁμαρτιῶν.

    There is more about it ...
    I understand how the blood of Abel could represent all the shed blood of the righteous, but I don't see how you could suggest it is the blood of the new covenant since we know that blood is the blood of Christ. Are you saying that Abel was Christ? Or are you saying that his blood was a symbol of the blood of Christ? I don't follow what you are getting at. I don't see why the mere appearance of the same word ἐκχυννόμενον (shed) would imply an identity between the blood of Abel and that of Christ.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Enschede / Netherlands
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    I understand how the blood of Abel could represent all the shed blood of the righteous, but I don't see how you could suggest it is the blood of the new covenant since we know that blood is the blood of Christ. Are you saying that Abel was Christ? Or are you saying that his blood was a symbol of the blood of Christ? I don't follow what you are getting at. I don't see why the mere appearance of the same word ἐκχυννόμενον (shed) would imply an identity between the blood of Abel and that of Christ.
    "yom echad", day one, (we said) is taken to mean "yom hayachid", because the resurrected one, although only created on the sixth day, was already present on the first (since the resurrected one lives eternal).

    Day one is the day of the light, the light that is said to have been taken away immediately, hidden, so that the wicked could not make use of it.
    Jewish tradition does know it as "or (ha)ganuz", the hidden light.
    ("or ganuz" has gematria 273, like also "rega" , (Paul's) indivisible moment.)
    It reads: "And God saw the light that it was good", "vayar elohim et haor ki-tov".
    Or in other words: light = good.
    In Genesis 1:12 the third "tov" occurs. It is the 153rd word from the beginning. Which wouldn't have been the case if the earth had brought forth "ets pri oseh pri", fruittree making fruit, instead of "ets oseh pri", tree making fruit.
    The earth did do so because of Adam's sin. (Genesis 3:17).
    And yet it reads: "And God saw that it was good" -
    Only the sinner doesn't see, since the light of the first day has been taken away, obscured, even because of his sin, his crime.
    It's the big secret of scripture.

    In the case of Cain and Abel it says the like, even so that you might think in fact murder was the original sin.
    Genesis 4:11,
    And now cursed are you from the ground, which has opened her mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand.

    Rashi:
    And now cursed are you from the ground:Even more than it [the earth] was already cursed for its iniquity, and also with this it continued to sin. — [from Gen. Rabbah 5:9; Mechilta Beshallach, Massechta d’Shirah , ch. 9] As stated above (1:11), the iniquity was its failure to produce trees with the taste of the fruit.
    Both Adam and Cain dwell "to the east of Eden"
    Cain "b'erets Nod"
    Rashi:
    in the land where all the exiles wander.
    "to the east of" makes the garden a future place, "in the west"

    After Deuteronomy 8:8 wine, the fruit of the vine, is the fruit of the third day.
    Jesus saying:
    Mark 14:23-25,
    And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it. And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which has been shed for many. Amen, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”
    Last edited by sylvius; 06-14-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •