For about the last three weeks, we have been unable to edit posts containing special characters that come from copying and pasting from word processors or other sites like these kinds of angled quotes and others. And the same bug broke the "Reply With Quote" function. I found the solution over on the vBulletin forum in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird
Looking at the CKEditor site, it appears that a change in the default encoding of htmlspecialchars() (from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8) causes the editor to throw a blank box in some instances. Peachy.

I fixed it on my board by the following change to /vb/ckeditor.php

Line 507:
htmlspecialchars($value)

Changed to

htmlspecialchars($value, ENT_COMPAT | ENT_HTML401, "ISO-8859-1")
The solution works, so it looks like everything is up and working again. If you have any problems with anything in the forum software, please let me know. You are my eyes and ears.