Who Am I ?
Who am I ?
1. His mother named him Samuel “asked of the Lord”. 1:20 (Holy Spirit to them that ASK: Lk11:13)
2. There was much ado about his speaking and being weaned from milk prior to his priestly duties. 3:9 (From milk to meat: 1Cor3:2)
3. He personally anointed King Saul, and afterwards David. Just those two, 15:1 and 16:13. (1John2:27 for special anointing)
4. Samuel “wrote a book about the kingdom”, 10:25. (Not by will of men, but by Holy Spirit: 1Pet 1:21).
5. He was 'called up from the dead' in a ghostly seance by the so-called 'witch of Endor". 28:12 (Mark 1:8 Another name for Holy Spirit)
6. He wore a mantle. 28:14 (cp to Elijah/Elisha)
7. None of his words 'fall to the ground'. 3:19. (John16:13 - Whatever the Spirit hears, he speaks..)
8. To reject him is to reject God. 8:7. (Father, Son, Holy Ghost -- Trinity)
9. He's a Teacher. 12:23 (John 14:26 'leading to further truth')
(The Book of 1st Samuel introduces this special baby (Prophet: Acts13:20) into the era between the Judges and the Kings.)
Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2