Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
    After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
    What would real men do?
    What would real women demand?
    Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
    God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wf...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMBUoxLOmA

Regards
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.
    Excellent post, my friend.

I agree completely that "Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice."

But I'm not so sure that "God was arguably right for his time." He could have done better ... a LOT better in my estimation. But I will admit that Jesus did a lot better than the OT.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Excellent post, my friend.

I agree completely that "Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice."

But I'm not so sure that "God was arguably right for his time." He could have done better ... a LOT better in my estimation. But I will admit that Jesus did a lot better than the OT.
    In that day, might made right and in that sense, the requirements for survival were somewhat different than today.

We are not in the barbaric days anymore. For most of us that is.

Jesus was much better than his genocidal dad.

Most of what the writers put in his mouth was unworkable rhetoric though. He had no workable commands.

Regards
    DL

Should man rule over women for women's own good?
    Should man rule over women for women's own good?

Scriptures, and other myth's, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
    After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man's dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.
    Hi DL,

You bring up an interesting question that finds its origin in male thought. Imagine for a moment the reverse of that question, "Should woman rule over man for man's owns good?" How different the outcome would have been if Yahweh was female. The only perspective a man can write from is male, so to the ancient male mindset it was perfectly normal for man to rule over women because that was most advantageous to him in keeping a position of authority.

This male mindset of the Bible clearly shows how the biblegod originated from a male dominated culture that feared losing control, so the god they created was the only one they could have formed given their primitive, tribal thought patterns. Keeping that in mind, one can easily understand why the face of god changes so much from the Old to the New Testaments; as man's thinking evolves so does his god.

What do you think?
    What would real men do?
    What would real women demand?
    Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice. We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king's first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king's duty is to raise woman's position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
    God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.
    Most definitely the law should be gender neutral for we are all humans! And yes, men have dominated women long enough, it is time for humans of all races and genders to treat each other with equality, leaving behind the tribal mentality of our ancestors who clung to mythological beliefs in primitive gods, because of their ignorance. Most humans alive today are considerably smarter than the biblegod we read about in Scripture, so let them act like it with intelligent thought.

All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Well put Rose.

What do you think it will take to light a fire under women and men to move towards a more equal society?

I have yet to find the match to light the fuse.

Regards
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    Well put Rose.

What do you think it will take to light a fire under women and men to move towards a more equal society?

I have yet to find the match to light the fuse.

Regards
    DL
    Hi DL

All I know to do is keep on writing articles to try and spread the word, because each one of us can make a difference in creating a world that we would like to be born into. As more and more people "wake up" to equality, there will come a tipping point at which time many more minds will be for equality for all humans then against it.

All the best,
    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi DL

All I know to do is keep on writing articles to try and spread the word, because each one of us can make a difference in creating a world that we would like to be born into. As more and more people "wake up" to equality, there will come a tipping point at which time many more minds will be for equality for all humans then against it.

All the best,
    Rose
    Yes. For now we must try to use the butterfly effect.

Our little puffs of air will add to the coming storm.

Regards
    DL

Yes. For now we must try to use the butterfly effect.

Our little puffs of air will add to the coming storm.

Regards
    DL
    The world is like an orchestra warming up. All the different performers are tuning their instruments at the same time. It sounds quite cacophonous right now, but as more and more performers begin to tune in to each other and the Great Cosmic Score harmony will begin to dominate. We see it happening already. The world is waking up from the nightmare of history. Morality based on Reality and true intuitive goodness is beginning to take hold. Dogmas are evaporating as folks wake up to the reality that each one of us is a judge of what is right and wrong. And so we follow our hearts and our bliss and we participate in the creation of a world into which we would want to be born. That is the ultimate test of morality. Would you want to be on the receiving end of what you do?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    The world is like an orchestra warming up. All the different performers are tuning their instruments at the same time. It sounds quite cacophonous right now, but as more and more performers begin to tune in to each other and the Great Cosmic Score harmony will begin to dominate. We see it happening already. The world is waking up from the nightmare of history. Morality based on Reality and true intuitive goodness is beginning to take hold. Dogmas are evaporating as folks wake up to the reality that each one of us is a judge of what is right and wrong. And so we follow our hearts and our bliss and we participate in the creation of a world into which we would want to be born. That is the ultimate test of morality. Would you want to be on the receiving end of what you do?
    Well put.

I hope you are right and FMPOV, you are except for the U. S., whose literalism and fundamentalism is slowing the progress of the rest of the West.

Regards
    DL

Well put.

I hope you are right and FMPOV, you are except for the U. S., whose literalism and fundamentalism is slowing the progress of the rest of the West.

Regards
    DL
    You got that right!

I think the internet is helping to eradicate fundamentalism because it presents so many different points of view. Fundamentalism is like a one-pixel camera because it has only one point of view. That's the poverty of fundamentalism. A healthy mind should be able to hold a myriad of contradictory views in tension, and so see profound depth of reality. It's like stereo vision. The two eyes present the same scene from slightly different points of view, and that's how we get depth perception. You lose that if you have only one eye.

The internet also helps because fundamentalists lose all the arguments and so must run and hide. Thus they eliminate themselves from public discourse and their influence wanes. Or to use our musical metaphor - they quit singing and go sit in a corner. Of course, some of the more arrogant will try to destroy the symphony by screaming and shouting, but that only turns the masses against them. So the symphony will come to harmony and then they will see how beautiful it is and start singing along with their own unique voices.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information