Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by refugeeguru View Post
    (Not sure if the attachement will work - first time I have tried attaching a pdf to a post??) If it is readable, the pdf is on the Periodic Table -- an indication that there is WAY MORE science in the Bible than most Christians realise -- which tends to upset the fundies, who don't like the notion that science and the Bible have common ground.
    There seems to be a page missing between page 2 & 3.

I have a hard time understanding and linking the periodic table with the numerical values of words in the bible. I thought it would be more understandable and related to the biblical text.

But the first verse shows an interesting thing:

Gen 1:1 KJV - In the beginning [time] God created the heaven [space] and the earth [matter].

These three things can be divided into three:
    time: past, present, future;
    space: length, width, height;
    matter: solid, liquid, gas.

God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

---------------------------------------

What do you think of this

Then looking at verse 2:

Gen 1:2 KJV -
    And the earth [solid] was without form, and void;
    and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep [gas].
    And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters [liquid].
    Last edited by gilgal; 05-24-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Time and Space

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    There seems to be a page missing between page 2 & 3.

I have a hard time understanding and linking the periodic table with the numerical values of words in the bible. I thought it would be more understandable and related to the biblical text.

But the first verse shows an interesting thing:

Gen 1:1 KJV - In the beginning [time] God created the heaven [space] and the earth [matter].

These three things can be divided into three:
    time: past, present, future;
    space: length, width, height;
    matter: solid, liquid, gas.

God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

---------------------------------------

What do you think of this

Then looking at verse 2:

Gen 1:2 KJV -
    And the earth [solid] was without form, and void;
    and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep [gas].
    And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters [liquid].
    Hi Gilgal,

I think there is only one or two lines missing between pages 2 and 3 -- I will check with the guys in Israel. Rabbi Ginsburgh has had health problems (he seems to have bounced back again now),but thee guys are still in catch up mode, so it might take a while to get the missing line(s) back in.

The idea of "Space" having three axes is built into the verse (verse one) - we can think of up-down, left-right, forward-back as the 6 possible directions along teh 3 axes, with us, planted squarely at the centre of it all.

So we have "SEVEN" (SIX PLUS ONE) markers or indicators for space, just as we have for Time ( SIX days plus ONE DAY for a week). cf the first verse of the Bible, seven words, but the 4th and 6th (counting from the right) are variations on the same word -- so there ARE SEVEN words, but SIX different words.

בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ׃

Jewish understanding of scripture tends to be way more mathematical than the western / European approach - getting a handle on that mathematical approach can be quite a jump!!

(Will try and add some more comments on the water etc (verse 2) in the future),

Regards,

Peter

PS on the 6-7 split

Sorry, I left one line out:

The 6-7 split shows up in Jesus' 42 generations (6*7) in Matthew's Gospel -- and in many other "places" such as the 42 stops in the desert

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

The Butler's dream meant LIFE, but the Baker's dream meant DEATH. Has to do with how you slice it, I spose, but you'd better have the True Bread in your top basket... hmm?
    It's worth reading again. The butler was hoping something positive be said unto him. But Joseph wasn't soothsaying. He was telling the truth as it was revealed to him.

It was pharaoh's birthday and I guess he needed him.

The Priestly Blessing

Jewish understanding of scripture tends to be way more mathematical than the western / European approach - getting a handle on that mathematical approach can be quite a jump!!

(Will try and add some more comments on the water etc (verse 2) in the future),

Regards,

Peter
    Just one example of the level of "structure" and "numerical imagery" that can be in the Bible, over and above the meaning of the words in the text.

The Priestly Blessing, Numbers 6: 24 - 26 has plenty of beauty in it in English:

24 “The LORD bless you and keep you;
    25 The LORD make His face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.” ’

But as shown in the attached pdf, the way God dictated the letters of the Priestly Blessing to Moses, contained a lot of imagery -- which is linked to Jesus' "Our Father" / Lord's Prayer.

AaronicBlessingNotes.pdf

[The notes were done for a Hawaiian audience, hence the Hawaiian version of the blessing being included in the notes].

Quote Originally Posted by refugeeguru
    Just one example of the level of "structure" and "numerical imagery" that can be in the Bible, over and above the meaning of the words in the text.

The Priestly Blessing, Numbers 6: 24 - 26 has plenty of beauty in it in English:

24 “The LORD bless you and keep you;
    25 The LORD make His face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.” ’

But as shown in the attached pdf, the way God dictated the letters of the Priestly Blessing to Moses, contained a lot of imagery -- which is linked to Jesus' "Our Father" / Lord's Prayer.
    Numerical structure, you say? I like numerical structures. Here's something I wrote about the Aaronic Blessing way back in October of 2007 a few month after I started this forum. It's the opening post of a thread called Symmetry of the Aaronic Blessing:

=================================================

Some time ago - I don't remember when or where - I was discussing the Aaronic Blessing and noticed it has and beautiful symmetry. The Blessing is from Numbers 6:24-26:

24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
    25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

In the original Hebrew, these three verses contain 3, 5, and 7 words, respectively. Likewise, the number of letters follows an arithmetic progression of 15, 20, and 25 letters, respectively. Here is how it looks in the original Hebrew:

The three central words in the central verse (horizontal box) are the same as the three central words in the central colum (vertical box).

There is some very interesting gemtria in this passage too that I will share as I find time.

Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Spock's Vulcan Salute

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Numerical structure, you say? I like numerical structures. Here's something I wrote about the Aaronic Blessing way back in October of 2007 a few month after I started this forum. It's the opening post of a thread called Symmetry of the Aaronic Blessing:

=================================================

In the original Hebrew, these three verses contain 3, 5, and 7 words, respectively. Likewise, the number of letters follows an arithmetic progression of 15, 20, and 25 letters, respectively. Here is how it looks in the original Hebrew:

The three central words in the central verse (horizontal box) are the same as the three central words in the central colum (vertical box).

There is some very interesting gemtria in this passage too that I will share as I find time.

Richard
    The cross pattern is pretty amazing -- I hadn't spotted that one! (Nor had I heard of anyone else spotting it!) You must have been firing on all eight cylinders when you discovered that one!

The 3-5-7 pattern (jumping by 2) us symbolic of the priest's, patriarch's, father's two hands raised in blessing over his people, descendants, children.

Similarly, the 15 - 20 - 25 pattern (jumping by 5) is symbolic of the five fingers on each of his hands - as channels for the blessing flowing through the ten sephiroth, through his hands and on into, or upon, his children / people.

Leonard Nimoy watched how the rabbis held their hands during the saying of the blessing, when he was a kid, practised the positioning of the fingers - and then, years later as an actor, incorporated the hand position into Spock's "Vulcan Salute"

Name:  Spock_vulcan-salute.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  33.5 KB

The cross pattern is pretty amazing -- I hadn't spotted that one! (Nor had I heard of anyone else spotting it!) You must have been firing on all eight cylinders when you discovered that one!

The 3-5-7 pattern (jumping by 2) us symbolic of the priest's, patriarch's, father's two hands raised in blessing over his people, descendants, children.

Similarly, the 15 - 20 - 25 pattern (jumping by 5) is symbolic of the five fingers on each of his hands - as channels for the blessing flowing through the ten sephiroth, through his hands and on into, or upon, his children / people.

Leonard Nimoy watched how the rabbis held their hands during the saying of the blessing, when he was a kid, practised the positioning of the fingers - and then, years later as an actor, incorporated the hand position into Spock's "Vulcan Salute"
    Yeah, Nimoy's adaptation of that gesture is cool.

There seems to be a connection with samek in the blessing because that is the 15th letter with the value of 60:

3 + 5 + 7 = 15

15 + 20 + 25 = 60

I just Googled it and found that there are lots of connections between the Aaronic Blessing and the letter Samek. Here's one quick example:
    The numerical value of the samech, the fifteenth letter of the alef-beis, is sixty. In the Priestly Blessing recited every morn*ing there are fifteen words and sixty letters. When the kohen blesses the people, he must put his two hands together. According to the Mishnah there are thirty bones in each hand, sixty when the hands are joined.

What is unique about the Priestly Blessing? The results of such blessings are swift and without interruption, similar to the strength of a current of mighty water that no dam can stop. The Priestly Blessings embody the concept of the samech: infinite light and power.
    The Aaronic blessing is marked in the text with three sameks - one after each verse. There's probably a lot more going on here. For example, 15 + 60 = 75 = Kohen (Priest).
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Live Long and Prosper!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Yeah, Nimoy's adaptation of that gesture is cool.

There seems to be a connection with samek in the blessing because that is the 15th letter with the value of 60:

The Aaronic blessing is marked in the text with three sameks - one after each verse. There's probably a lot more going on here. For example, 15 + 60 = 75 = Kohen (Priest).
    Hi Richard,

One of the things going on with the Samek - 60, is God's promise to bless Abraham. When God said, to Abraham, "I will bless you", the "YOU" is, as usual, designated with a Cap, value, 20.

But when Moses wrote down the words, as dictated by "Himself", he wrote that Caph, with three Tagim on top of it, indicating that the 20 was to be multiplied by 3, pumping its value up to 60.

Penty of commentators believe that those "bonus" Tagim, and the 60, indicate a direct flow from the "Blessing of Abraham" through into the Priestly Blessing's 60 letters.

[Will see if I can find a picture of the 3 Tagim on the Caph).

The Cohen link is kind of cool!!

Bible, Abraham and Physics

Physics in the Bible - 248 Fundamental Particles

The two pdf papers have a bit of a Hebrew / Judaic flavour, but they make for interesting reading - especially for those who have heard of the E-8 Lie Group.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information