Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

You've gotta try Google Chrome ~ it's like lightning!

I was testing this site this morning to check how it looks in various browsers (something every web designer must do) and was very surprised to find that site navigation is about twice as fast when viewed with Google Chrome. I strongly recommend that every give it a try. It makes using this forum much more enjoyable.

I'd love to know if others have the same experience.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I find Firefox is so frustratingly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    I find Firefox is so frustratingly slow.
    In general or just on this site?

Have your tried Chrome yet?
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

No because Firefox seemed friendly to web designers. But now I see that Firefox is taking so much time to load especially when you open to check your emails.

No because Firefox seemed friendly to web designers. But now I see that Firefox is taking so much time to load especially when you open to check your emails.
    Are you talking about Firebug which gives you an interactive way to view the code of any page when you hit F12? Chrome has that feature too.

You've got nothing to lose by downloading Chrome and giving it a try. If you don't like it, just delete it.

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    Are you talking about Firebug which gives you an interactive way to view the code of any page when you hit F12? Chrome has that feature too.

You've got nothing to lose by downloading Chrome and giving it a try. If you don't like it, just delete it.
    I tried it. The advantage is that there is a pop up which allows you to shut down a tab which is freezing which Firefox doesn't have that option. I tried blocking swf files with a addon application on Firefox and tried control-alt-del and ending plugincontainer which is the container for swf files such as videos and ads. But blogs and forums and email sites take a lot of time to load that i need to leave the computer and come back. Maybe my computer needs to be reformatted on i need a faster computer. I'm still working of XP.

But still Chrome is awfully slow for me. A simple facebook home page is taking a lot of time to load.

I tried it. The advantage is that there is a pop up which allows you to shut down a tab which is freezing which Firefox doesn't have that option. I tried blocking swf files with a addon application on Firefox and tried control-alt-del and ending plugincontainer which is the container for swf files such as videos and ads. But blogs and forums and email sites take a lot of time to load that i need to leave the computer and come back. Maybe my computer needs to be reformatted on i need a faster computer. I'm still working of XP.

But still Chrome is awfully slow for me. A simple facebook home page is taking a lot of time to load.
    How old is your computer? XP indicates pretty old.

And how fast is your connection? We have a DSL that runs about 3Mb/s

After using Chrome for a couple days, I had a few problems with it so went back to FF.

Check out my blog site

I think i got it around 2005.
    I was told before my last reformatting that the life doesn't seem long but it worked well until now.
    It still works well but the browsers are slow. We have high speed dsl.

Thread Information