Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Melchizedek / Melchisedec

The mysterious Melchizedek brought forth the Bread and the Wine, and received tithes, in those days long before the Levitical priesthood and of course they had no way of recognizing him as a precept or 'type' of the Lord Jesus. Did they wonder what message he gave his constituents? And did the Children of Israel consider his position as both a king and a priest when the Levitical priesthood only allowed for one or the other, but not both?

"Without father, without mother..." (Heb7:3), and neither can his generations be determined in the O.T. -- did this Melchizedek simply materialize out of thin air? Is this one of the Christophanies or Theophanies such as the 4th man in the fiery furnace, the man who wrestled Jacob, or the swordsman who appeared to Joshua (5:13).

Melchizedek made what we'd call a cameo appearance in Genesis 14 and then a thousand years went by before he's mentioned again, by David, in Psalms 110:4. Then, ANOTHER thousand years passes before the subject of Melchisedec comes along in the Book of Hebrews.

Agree?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post

The mysterious Melchizedek brought forth the Bread and the Wine, and received tithes, in those days long before the Levitical priesthood and of course they had no way of recognizing him as a precept or 'type' of the Lord Jesus. Did they wonder what message he gave his constituents? And did the Children of Israel consider his position as both a king and a priest when the Levitical priesthood only allowed for one or the other, but not both?

"Without father, without mother..." (Heb7:3), and neither can his generations be determined in the O.T. -- did this Melchizedek simply materialize out of thin air? Is this one of the Christophanies or Theophanies such as the 4th man in the fiery furnace, the man who wrestled Jacob, or the swordsman who appeared to Joshua (5:13).

Melchizedek made what we'd call a cameo appearance in Genesis 14 and then a thousand years went by before he's mentioned again, by David, in Psalms 110:4. Then, ANOTHER thousand years passes before the subject of Melchisedec comes along in the Book of Hebrews.

Agree?
    I was always impressed by the joint debut of Melchizedek and the word "Hebrew" in Genesis 14 since Spoke 14 of the Bible Wheel holds the book of Hebrews which explains Melchizedek at length. There are many surprising correlations between the chapter sequence of Genesis and the content on the corresponding Spokes.

http://biblewheel.com/InnerWheels/Genesis/Genesis14.asp
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hebrew

Richard, What do you make of the guy named Eber in Genesis 10:21?
    Somewhere in the past I've read of him in connection with 'Hebrew', but can't recall now exactly what it was. :scratch:
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Richard, What do you make of the guy named Eber in Genesis 10:21?
    Somewhere in the past I've read of him in connection with 'Hebrew', but can't recall now exactly what it was. :scratch:
    Eber is from the same root as "Hebrew" which means "over, beyond, across" -

5677 Eber {ay'-ber}
    Meaning: Eber or Heber = "the region beyond" 1) son of Salah, great grandson of Shem, father of Peleg and Joktan 2) a Gadite chief 3) a Benjamite, son of Elpaal and descendant of Sharahaim 4) a Benjamite, son of Shashak 5) a priest in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua
    Origin: the same as 05676;; n pr m
    Usage: AV - Eber 13, Heber 2; 15

5680 Ibriy
    Meaning: Hebrew = "one from beyond" n pr 1) a designation of the patriarchs and the Israelites adj 2) a designation of the patriarchs and the Israelites
    Origin: patronymic from 05677;
    Usage: AV - Hebrew 29, Hebrew woman 2, Hebrew + 0376 1, Hebrewess 1, Hebrew man 1; 34

I don't have any thoughts about the appearance of Eber, but the Hebrew root word is interesting because it is very similar to the Greek huper (of similar meaning) and which is similar to the English word "over." So I wonder if there is a historical/linguistic connection between these words.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Richard, I've been reviewing...
    Eber is #14 (7x2), and shows up in Gen 10:21-25 having 2 sons: Peleg#15 in the Pedigree, and Joktan who had 13 sons and maybe a link to Melchizedek (doubt it). Then in Gen 11 is where Joktan isn't even mentioned.

Kinda like the twins of Judah -- Pharez#24, and Zerah who stole the stuff in Jericho and was burned along with entire family.
    Obviously a contrast between 'brothers', but any connection to 'over' escapes me, at least for now.

Worth noting, is how Melchizedek was a King-Priest, but the Levi line didn't include kings, and Uzziah was a king who was severely reprimanded for usurping the priest duties.

EPIPHANIES

Epiphanies
    JESUS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT! Bible scholars refer to the mysterious appearances in the Old Testament as "epiphanies" or "theophanies" or "Christophanies" (manifestations of Jesus) and compare Melchizedek with the man who wrestled with Jacob (Gen32:24),
    the man with the drawn sword who appeared to Joshua (Josh5:13), the fourth man in the fiery furnace (Dan3:25),
    and the three men who appeared to Abraham in Gen18.

Clearly, the King-Priest Melchizedek in the Old Testament was a harbinger or precept of the time (after Calvary) when believers could become both kings and priests unto the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, JESUS!

Epiphanies
    JESUS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT! Bible scholars refer to the mysterious appearances in the Old Testament as "epiphanies" or "theophanies" or "Christophanies" (manifestations of Jesus) and compare Melchizedek with the man who wrestled with Jacob (Gen32:24),
    the man with the drawn sword who appeared to Joshua (Josh5:13), the fourth man in the fiery furnace (Dan3:25),
    and the three men who appeared to Abraham in Gen18.

Clearly, the King-Priest Melchizedek in the Old Testament was a harbinger or precept of the time (after Calvary) when believers could become both kings and priests unto the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, JESUS!

3 who appeared to Abraham and Sarah about the New Baby are same pattern as the 3 men coming to Peter on the rooftop in Joppa with Great Sheet Vision!
    Note also how the 3 measures of meal by Sarah, contrast with 3 measures in the hidden leaven of Matt 13:33.

The unusual method of gematria which I have used, that involves writing sentences in a pseudo-translation using only Hebrew root words, confirms that Jesus is the priest forever after the order of Melchizedek as demonstrated in the attached file.

Melchizedek.pdf

76of86
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I might have the answer to my question about Eber the man, by looking at this chart.

http://bibleworldhistory.com/BEgypt.htm
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Ephesians 3

Thread Information