Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41
  1. #1

    Immanuel the Messiah. Why are people so slack to read Isaiah 7:14 and Daniel 9:26

    The Saviour's name is not Jesus Christ


    The Saviour's name is Immanuel the Messiah as foretold by the prophets Isaiah and Daniel

    I have been suggesting to people to check up for themselves the scriptures that say the Saviour's personal first birth name called Immanuel, and his choosen title name called Messiah.

    The name Jesus does not translate to the personal name Immanuel.

    The name Christ does not translate to the title name Messiah.

    This because of calling on the wrong name is a huge reason as to why God doesn't send healers to make the blind,deaf,dumb and diseased all well. So unless the flock gets educated by reading up the personal name of God's Son would be given at birth and the specific title name declaring his anointing to be of much more importance than others before him,then there will be no one will receive the gift of the ''Laying on of the Hands''

    So fakers such as Benny Hinn,Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar will never have the power of the Laying on of the Hands because they don't even know the Saviour's foretold personal name that was to be used in general public.


    The name Messiah means ''Anointed of YHVH''... whereas the name Christ only means ''anointed''

    The name Immanuel means ''YHVH with us'' .... whereeas Jesus means?

    The name Jesus was never given as a prophetic name to the Hebrews to teach the whole World....... Better you believers find out what you are really trying to honour.

    Immanuel the Messiah is the Saviour

    God Bless you all.
    Last edited by highflyertoo; 05-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    787
    Hello,

    This is a recent thread on the same subject, (quoting another website), which mentions other verses, too.

    His Name is Yahweh: http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/show...Name-is-Yahweh
    16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    Ephesians 3

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    The Saviour's name is not Jesus Christ


    The Saviour's name is Immanuel the Messiah as foretold by the prophets Isaiah and Daniel

    I have been suggesting to people to check up for themselves the scriptures that say the Saviour's personal first birth name called Immanuel, and his choosen title name called Messiah.

    The name Jesus does not translate to the personal name Immanuel.

    The name Christ does not translate to the title name Messiah.

    This because of calling on the wrong name is a huge reason as to why God doesn't send healers to make the blind,deaf,dumb and diseased all well. So unless the flock gets educated by reading up the personal name of God's Son would be given at birth and the specific title name declaring his anointing to be of much more importance than others before him,then there will be no one will receive the gift of the ''Laying on of the Hands''

    So fakers such as Benny Hinn,Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar will never have the power of the Laying on of the Hands because they don't even know the Saviour's foretold personal name that was to be used in general public.


    The name Messiah means ''Anointed of YHVH''... whereas the name Christ only means ''anointed''

    The name Immanuel means ''YHVH with us'' .... whereeas Jesus means?

    The name Jesus was never given as a prophetic name to the Hebrews to teach the whole World....... Better you believers find out what you are really trying to honour.

    Immanuel the Messiah is the Saviour

    God Bless you all.
    I'm quite surprised you take such a strident stance on this. There is not a single reference to Jesus as "Immanuel" in the NT except when Matthew applied Isaiah 7:14 to him at his birth. No one ever called him by that name.

    And you are wrong about it's meaning. It means "El with us" not "YHVH with us."

    And you are wrong on two points about the meaning of "messiah." 1) It is not a "name" (proper noun) - it is just a common noun, like chair, tree, and so forth. 2) It does not mean "anointed of YHVH." Where did you get that idea? The word is spelled Mem Shin Yod Chet - there is no reference to God or El or Yah in that word at all.

    The Greek word Christos (Christ) corresponds precisely to the Hebrew messiah. But you are correct that it is not a "name" - but rather a title. It was originally just a common noun meaning "anointed" but it acquired the status of a title because of it's association with Jesus Christ as THE messiah.

    I agree that Benny Hinn,Kenneth Copeland and Creflo Dollar are all fakers. But then, so are the vast majority of people who think they can heal by laying on hands. And those that are not fakers probably just know how to tap into a poorly understood natural human ability.

    And one thing to consider - if you are right, then God has utterly failed to guide his people into truth for 2000 years. With a track record like that, why would anyone believe anything he has to say? That's why I see no value in inventing my own religion, making up doctrines about the "proper names of Jesus" that will give the True BelieversTM magical powers.

    I just noticed a pattern in your thinking. You claim that Ezekiel's vision was literally enacted even though you have no proof. Likewise, you think that Jesus' name was literally Immanuel even though you have no proof that anyone ever called him that. The pattern I see is that you take mere words from the Bible and confidently assert what you think they mean even though you have no actual evidence to support your case. I find that insightful.

    So what religion are you following? Or did you make up your own? You sound like you are connected with the Hebrew roots movement. Are there any teachers that you follow or recommend?

    All the best,

    Richard
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #4
    Kristos only means ''anointed''. The Greeks called their own pagan priests who worshiped the Patheon gods by the name Kristos.

    The reason God's Son was called Messiah was to show the difference in his anointing.

    Messiah means ''Anointed of YHVH''

    And God's personal name is YHVH, so Immanuel means ''God YHVH with us'', stating the actual God that the saviour is representing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    Kristos only means ''anointed''. The Greeks called their own pagan priests who worshiped the Patheon gods by the name Kristos.

    The reason God's Son was called Messiah was to show the difference in his anointing.

    Messiah means ''Anointed of YHVH''

    And God's personal name is YHVH, so Immanuel means ''God YHVH with us'', stating the actual God that the saviour is representing.
    That is not correct. Kings and priests in the OT were called "messiah" too. Even Cyrus is called Messiah. The word messiah simply means "anointed" just like Christos.

    Immanuel means "El with us." That's what the word means. But the Bible says that YHVH is El, so it implies also "YHVH with us" but that is by implication only. The word does not "mean" that.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  6. #6
    Hello Richard.

    It's you who is thinking that you are seeing a pattern from your way of thinking of how you are interpretating me... Can you see that?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    That is not correct. Kings and priests in the OT were called "messiah" too. Even Cyrus is called Messiah. The word messiah simply means "anointed" just like Christos.

    Immanuel means "El with us." That's what the word means. But the Bible says that YHVH is El, so it implies also "YHVH with us" but that is by implication only. The word does not "mean" that.
    There are many anointed or elected,but there is only one Messiah. So as the scriptures state,manys false Messiahs shall arise. See Richard,only One Messiah. And those that are anointed are choosen,but they are not the Messiah.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    There are many anointed or elected,but there is only one Messiah. So as the scriptures state,manys false Messiahs shall arise. See Richard,only One Messiah. And those that are anointed are choosen,but they are not the Messiah.
    There are many messiahs, but only one of those messiahs was The Messiah. That's your mistake. The word "messiah" does not mean "anointed of YHVH." You just made that up, and it contradicts the plain fact that there are many people called "messiah" in the OT.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,804
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    Hello Richard.

    It's you who is thinking that you are seeing a pattern from your way of thinking of how you are interpretating me... Can you see that?
    I have no idea what "pattern" you are talking about. Please specify the "pattern" you think I am seeing.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Amiel McGough View Post
    There are many messiahs, but only one of those messiahs was The Messiah. That's your mistake. The word "messiah" does not mean "anointed of YHVH." You just made that up, and it contradicts the plain fact that there are many people called "messiah" in the OT.
    Can you show me Scripture where it shows the name written as Messiah other than in the book of Daniel.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •