Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    These are the inconsistencies and male-bias that we see all throughout the Bible and the reason that I say the Bible could not be the word of God. We see Yahweh striking Onan dead for spilling his seed on the ground, yet on the other hand Judah commits whoredom and implants his seed in Tamar then calls for Tamar's death by burning... Earlier there is the case of Lot who offers up his two daughters to the angry mob in Sodom and there is not so much as a slap on the wrist from Yahweh for that... Or the case of the man who offers up his concubine to the men who want his male house guest - they take his concubine and rape her to death and Yahweh is nowhere to be found... And what about King David...he commits adultery and has Uriah killed...his punishment from Yahweh is the death of his firstborn... and on and on it goes...
    MOTIVES!!!

Only God can really know people's motives. Only God can really know what is in people's hearts. God's judgment is according to motives. To answer the above questions, you have to look at the people's motives. Doing so will not be as perfect as God's inspection, but it will be a start.

Psalm 7:9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins. 10 My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.

Psalm 13: 5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Psalm 15:2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

Psalm 17:3 Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 24: 3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Psalm 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

Psalm 27:8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalm 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Psalm 44:21 Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Psalm 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

What will God see in each of one of us as to our motives when suscribing to this forum for example?

David
    Last edited by David M; 05-05-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Understanding the difference between the Author of the Book and the god-of-this-planet, may be essential here.

No "forcing" apparent, and nothing known about Tamar's family. Setting the stage (precepts) of marriage, and how our 'brother' JESUS died w/o "fruit", so we may raise up His Name when we're fruitful. The 2 Covenants involved also, and Judah is important to the Pedigree.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    These are the inconsistencies and male-bias that we see all throughout the Bible and the reason that I say the Bible could not be the word of God. We see Yahweh striking Onan dead for spilling his seed on the ground, yet on the other hand Judah commits whoredom and implants his seed in Tamar then calls for Tamar's death by burning... Earlier there is the case of Lot who offers up his two daughters to the angry mob in Sodom and there is not so much as a slap on the wrist from Yahweh for that... Or the case of the man who offers up his concubine to the men who want his male house guest - they take his concubine and rape her to death and Yahweh is nowhere to be found... And what about King David...he commits adultery and has Uriah killed...his punishment from Yahweh is the death of his firstborn... and on and on it goes...
    Yeap, I guess there is no answer for that....Men Rule
    Beck

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Yeap, I guess there is no answer for that....Men Rule

Absitively, Beck. I RUN THINGS at my house: like the vacuum cleaner, washing machine, etc. Really, the men better look out 'cause women are moving on..
    Could be the first covenant was showing how STRONG MEN are eventually surpassed by FRUITFUL WIVES of the 2nd (New) Covenant. hmm?
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Thread Information