Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

Road to Damascus

Name:  oxcart.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  9.8 KB

ROAD TO DAMASCUS

Have you traveled the road to Damascus? Have you asserted your right to protest?
    I don't fault you for not believing it all, but why haven't you taken the test?
    "DO IT YOURSELF, IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT", is advice my father gave me..
    and anything as important as eternal life should be given a high priority.

So finally I've taken the bull by the horns, and set out to see for myself,
    If this book called the Bible is at all reliable, or is it better left on the shelf?
    My studies have ranged from the Hebrew to Greek, and to begin with was utter confusion..
    But little-by-little the Light came through, until now it's a great profusion!

Were they saying it like this all along, and I just didn't have ears to hear?
    I don't recall it making any sense at all--their point was just not clear.
    I'd always thought it was the Preacher's job; Isn't that what we paid him for?
    Though I never agreed that his word was for me, and I slept 'cause I was so bored.

He claimed that the things he preached were from the Holy Bible..
    and I had enough sense not to argue with him--he might be infallible.
    So I tried to read The Book for myself--the words from the Book of Life;
    It was in my mind to do what it said, but I only got over in strife.

The things I read in Genesis didn't make good sense at all..
    If God wrote this book, I decided, He just did it to get my gall!
    But now that I've come to know Jesus, and the terms of the New Covenant,
    I've seen that a veil was over the Old; that those ways were not permanent.

If God were real, I once reasoned, Would anything be too tough for Him?
    No! So why doesn't he just announce his presence, and convict me of my sin?
    I'm ready to take my punishment, or at least I thought I was...
    Why did he wait till it got so great, and I became a lost cause?

The answers to these questions are now made clear to me,
    And I'll tried to spell them out for you--for your benefit, you see.
    But if your beliefs are like concrete: thoroughly mixed up and firmly set,
    Then give this poem to a friend who hasn't been saved as yet.

Paul's trip on the Road to Damascus was for the purpose of exposing a lie...
    But when that Great Light shined on him, he knew it was do-or-die.
    It turned his life around, and set his feet on the street called "Straight",
    and when the scales came off his eyes, he knew it was "Fish, or cut bait".
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

A resurrection bump
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

On the Road again' -- some of us have seen the Great Light and recognize the underlying truth to the account about Paul's conversion, because it's so much like our own!
    Not with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, tho it wouldn't surprise me to learn GOD had a hand in those Road shows, somehow.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Great Light

Would that Light on the Road to Damascus have been any faster than ordinary light?

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Would that Light on the Road to Damascus have been any faster than ordinary light?
    I don't know, but I doubt Paul had the interest or the experimental equipment to measure it!
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Lightbulb

Well, Paul evidentally had Jesus in his heart, and since Jesus is the Light of the World, John8, and He and his Father are ONE, John10:30,
    so they were represented by the two great lights on Day Four --

Don't think this hurts the Trinity, because the Stars were created also, so when we look UP and see all those lights in the heavens,
    it's a comparison of the way GOD looks down and see's the Christians who are 'lights' in their communities! Amen?

Soon, there will be no point going along the road to get to Damascus since Damascus is well on the way to becoming "a ruinous heap" as stated by Isaiah. Prophecy is still alive and kicking.

David
    Last edited by David M; 03-05-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Soon, there will be no point going along the road to get to Damascus since Damascus is well on the way to becoming "a ruinous heap" as stated by Isaiah. Prophecy is still alive and kicking.

David
    What's the difference between a FAILED prophecy, and a prophecy that never happened?

The prophecy was written about 2500 years ago. The "Damascus" that existed at the time it was written no longer exists. It speaks also of the "fortress of Ephraim" which no longer exists. The entirely historical context is long gone.
    Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. 2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. 3 The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts. 4 And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean. 5 And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm; and it shall be as he that gathereth ears in the valley of Rephaim. 6 Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the LORD God of Israel.
    The prophecy says things like "in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean." What could that possibly mean? How does it relate to anything in the modern world? How could ANYONE ever know if this "prophecy" were fulfilled? It is vague like a newspaper horoscope.

And what do the "two or three berries" refer to? This "prophecy" appears to be completely meaningless.

The prophecy is actually quite absurd in a modern context. For example, it says:

Isaiah 17:8 And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images.

Who is that talking about? Damascus is a fundamentalist MUSLIM country now. They've got no "idols" like in the days long ago when the prophecy was written. The author of the Bible was TOTALLY CLUELESS about the course that history would take. There is no indication of any kind that the writer had any supernatural knowledge that Damascus would become a Muslim nation.

This proves that Bible prophecies are false. And worse, Bible believers are self-deluded. I'm not trying to be rude but since David M respects the ROOD awakening I will speak in kind and declare that belief in Bible prophecy is delusional. Indeed, Michael Rood is one of the most delusional and/or deceptive teachers out there. He is a FAILED DOOMSDAY PROPHET. He predicted in the 1990s that the seventh millennium of earth's existence would begin on sunset, September 11, 1999. And he's a BLATANT LIAR! He pretends he is a JEW when he is not. Here's a page that gives lots of evidence about this ludicrous self-exalting conman.

I am constantly amazed at how utterly gullible Bible believers really are. They believe anything that fits their biases. Ron Wyatt and Michael Rood are to of the most blatantly obvious charlatans who have ever deceived believers. I see through them in half a second. Their bullshit stinks to high heaven. How could anyone fail to smell the stench?

Check out my blog site

Thread Information