Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,969

    Psalm 3-47 and John 3

    I'm looking at Psalm 3-47 of Richard's article:
    http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheel...ms/Psalm03.asp

    I noticed:
    The word "increased" is from the root pic (rabab, Strongs #7231) whence we get Rabbi.

    Maybe there's a reason why Nicodemus the Rabbi is mentioned in John 3?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,969
    Clap hands. I don't see any connections but many appear in spoke 3. Is it a coincidence?

    Job 27:23 KJV - [Men] shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.
    Psalm 47:1 KJV - [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.]] O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
    Psalm 98:8 KJV - Let the floods clap [their] hands: let the hills be joyful together
    Isaiah 55:12 KJV - For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap [their] hands.
    Lamentations 2:15 KJV - All that pass by clap [their] hands at thee; they hiss and wag their head at the daughter of Jerusalem, [saying, Is] this the city that [men] call The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth?
    Nahum 3:19 KJV - [There is] no healing of thy bruise; thy wound is grievous: all that hear the bruit of thee shall clap the hands over thee: for upon whom hath not thy wickedness passed continually?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,503
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    I'm looking at Psalm 3-47 of Richard's article:
    http://www.biblewheel.com/InnerWheel...ms/Psalm03.asp

    I noticed:
    The word "increased" is from the root pic (rabab, Strongs #7231) whence we get Rabbi.

    Maybe there's a reason why Nicodemus the Rabbi is mentioned in John 3?
    Actually, it was Christ who was called Rabbi by Nicodemus in John 3:
    John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
    And of course there is a strong connection with the Holy Spirit (Third Person) in John 3:
    John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    This is the primary connection it would seem to me. The appearance of "rabbi" in this context may have some significance but it's hard to tell.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,503
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgal View Post
    Clap hands. I don't see any connections but many appear in spoke 3. Is it a coincidence?

    Job 27:23 KJV - [Men] shall clap their hands at him, and shall hiss him out of his place.
    Psalm 47:1 KJV - [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.]] O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.
    Psalm 98:8 KJV - Let the floods clap [their] hands: let the hills be joyful together
    Isaiah 55:12 KJV - For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap [their] hands.
    Lamentations 2:15 KJV - All that pass by clap [their] hands at thee; they hiss and wag their head at the daughter of Jerusalem, [saying, Is] this the city that [men] call The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth?
    Nahum 3:19 KJV - [There is] no healing of thy bruise; thy wound is grievous: all that hear the bruit of thee shall clap the hands over thee: for upon whom hath not thy wickedness passed continually?
    The appearance of "clap" in those verses looks random to me. The word "clap" is saphak, a Samek keyword whereas the verses you cite are from the third spoke of the Inner Cycles of chapter sequences. It can be very challenging to discern between chance and design on the Inner Cycles. There are nine verses that mention clapping hands, and you found three that happen to fall on the third spoke. It looks like coincidence.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    The appearance of "clap" in those verses looks random to me. The word "clap" is saphak, a Samek keyword whereas the verses you cite are from the third spoke of the Inner Cycles of chapter sequences. It can be very challenging to discern between chance and design on the Inner Cycles. There are nine verses that mention clapping hands, and you found three that happen to fall on the third spoke. It looks like coincidence.
    That's right. There's no alphabetic pattern but in some cases it might show Gematria pattern of 3 or 25 or 47... but not in this case.

    I was looking at John 3 because often people say if you're a Christian you're to be born again.

    Born again means to be born of the Spirit. I believe that to be born of the Spirit recognizing the crucifixion of the Son of God is necessary as Jesus told Nicodemus.

    But I still don't understand because everyone in the bible apart from Jesus sinned, even after they knew/believed in God. It also makes me wonder why Joseph didn't hesitate to take an Egyptian as a wife. She might not be born again!

    But in John 3 Jesus says, "if a man isn't born again he cannot see the kingdom of God".

    Or what about 1 John that says, "if a man is born of God he cannot sin".

    1 John 3:9 KJV - Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    1 John 3:10 KJV - In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
    1 John 3:11 KJV - For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
    1 John 3:12 KJV - Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

    So it's not only in the New Testament but in the Old too, that Cain wasn't born again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •