Google Ads

Poll: Who won the debate?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread

Hector Avalos debates Keith Darrel: Is the Bible a Moral Code for Today?

This is an excellent debate. I would recommend it to anyone who thinks the Bible is a Moral Code for Today. Please watch it and vote for who you think won.

• Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    I just noticed that you voted for Keith Darrell in the poll on that thread about their debate. Did you actually watch it, or did you just vote for the Christian out of principle? I can't imagine how you could believe he won if you actually watched it.
    Yes I did, and wasted over an hour of my time. I agree with Darrel that Avalos had the better presentation material, but a debate is not won on style alone but by valid argument.
    Why was it a "waste" if the Christian won? You comment makes no sense. You should have been delighted by the Christian victory.

But there was in fact no Christian victory. On the contrary, the video demonstrates the vanity of the Christian claim that the God of the Bible is the source of morality when he could not reject Infanticide, Genocide, and Slavery as immoral.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

I wish more folks would watch this debate. It is a real hoot! The Christian begins by claiming that there would be no absolute morality without the God of the Bible, and then is compelled by Avalos to declare that Infanticide, Genocide, and Slavery are not always wrong! Hows that for the "moral absolutes" provided by the Bible?

Check out my blog site

I think more folks should watch this debate. It's very enlightening.

Check out my blog site

Thread Information