Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Cult of Human Sacrifice

Judaism was almost founded on human sacrifice…if Yahweh hadn’t changed his mind at the last minute Isaac would have been sacrificed instead of the ram. The same however cannot be said for Christianity, because its foundation rests solely upon human sacrifice. The cult of Christianity began as a schism, that is to say a division that broke off from Judaism…what set it apart is that the sacrifice of a sinless human instead of sinless animals would ultimately end the need for blood atonement that Judaism required.

Most people focus so much on the idea of Jesus dying for their sins and then being resurrected that the human sacrifice aspect of Christianity is obscured, but the fact of the matter is when a person’s life is given to appease a god it is called Human Sacrifice, and that is exactly what happened with the sacrifice of Jesus. This sacrifice of Jesus is no different than the sacrificing of children to Molech recorded in the Old Testament by pagans; both are done to appease an angry god in need of blood atonement.

Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 04-15-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

HiRose,
    The story of "the ram in the bush" is a type of what Jesus has done for us --
    and the "offering of Isaac" a precept of God's offering to mankind.

He's the potter - we're the clay - and only HE knows what happens to them when they leave their bodies. He didn't admit to being a Spirituntil John 4:24, and WE probably weren't aware of being "Spirit, Soul, and Body" until 1Thes5:23. We're a Trinity! The 'body' may go to sheol, may go to Tallahasee; but it's the Spirit and Soul that counts.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    HiRose,

He's the potter - we're the clay - and only HE knows what happens to them when they leave their bodies. He didn't admit to being a Spirituntil John 4:24, and WE probably weren't aware of being "Spirit, Soul, and Body" until 1Thes5:23. We're a Trinity! The 'body' may go to sheol, may go to Tallahasee; but it's the Spirit and Soul that counts.
    It's not correct to say that we are a "Trinity" just because we have a body, soul, and spirit. How do those three things correspond to the Father, Son, and Spirit? If we tried to link them together, then the "spirit" must be the Spirit, and so the Father or the Son must be the body! What would that even mean? Comparing the Trinity with random threesomes found in nature is absurd and unbiblical.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    It's not correct to say that we are a "Trinity" just because we have a body, soul, and spirit. How do those three things correspond to the Father, Son, and Spirit? If we tried to link them together, then the "spirit" must be the Spirit, and so the Father or the Son must be the body! What would that even mean? Comparing the Trinity with random threesomes found in nature is absurd and unbiblical.
    Unbiblical? Ha. But maybe it should be "Triune". Anyway, I'm big on example, patterns, types, etc.

Heb:8:5: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

First the blade, then the ear, then the full-corn in the ear.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Unbiblical? Ha. But maybe it should be "Triune". Anyway, I'm big on example, patterns, types, etc.

Heb:8:5: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
    It doesn't seem you understood my comment. The body, soul, and spirit do not compare to God in any way. They are not a "type" or a "shadow" of the Trinity.

I say "unbiblical" because the Bible plainly states that God cannot be compared to the things that are created:

Isaiah 40:18 To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him? 19 The workman melteth a graven image, and the goldsmith spreadeth it over with gold, and casteth silver chains.

Paul made a big deal out of this in Romans 1:

Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

You have compared God to the "image" of people as a trinity of body, soul, and spirit. That is an error.

First the blade, then the ear, then the full-corn in the ear.
    There is no need to shout. If I have said something inaccurate, you should simply point out my error.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

HiRose,

He's the potter - we're the clay - and only HE knows what happens to them when they leave their bodies.
    Getting back to the topic of this thread - yes, the human sacrifice of Isaac was a "type" of the human sacrifice of Jesus. That seems pretty obvious. Therefore, it seems Rose's comment in her OP is confirmed.

Check out my blog site

HiRose,

Hi Duxrow,

What does that have to do with the point I brought up about Christianity being a cult of human sacrifice, because it founder "Jesus", gave his life as a sacrifice to appease an angry god?

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

You have compared God to the "image" of people as a trinity of body, soul, and spirit. That is an error.

There is no need to shout. If I have said something inaccurate, you should simply point out my error.
    Haha. Didn't see it 'shouting' -- thought "choking on stuffed words (Word Stuffing)". When Genesis said we were created in God's image we thought he looked like us, but an old man with long beard; until John4 brought in the Spirit God and we had to change our thinking so we'd look like Him! with long imagination..

Many patterns in the WORD, and the 'three' (whatever) are a challenge; like the Way, Truth, and Life.
    (can't always find just the right smiley, but fun trying, Thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Duxrow,

What does that have to do with the point I brought up about Christianity being a cult of human sacrifice, because it founder "Jesus", gave his life as a sacrifice to appease an angry god?

Rose
    Hi Rose, Cult or Sect; except He had inculcated our Confounded Language, we wouldn't have His Word to rely on. And he's not dead -- he's alive forever more, amen, altho I'll admit to wondering why He planted the Sect Seed where the loonies could get a hold of it. However, he's a husbandman and planted seed in Genesis and reaped a harvest in Revelation -- now I'm wondering how much spoiled or rotten fruit will be harvested. hmm?

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Duxrow,

Rose
    I don't see Jesus sacrifice to appease an angry God but as an heroic act to save sinners. I see sacrifice as heroic; if someone sacrifice his life to save a child from accident, is he a hero? Obviously yes. If a soldier died while fighting to save his country, is he a hero? Yes. Sacrifice means Love. I am sure unselfish sacrifice for love or to save someone will be rewarded in heaven. Let's appreciate Christ's death on the cross.

John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Animal sacrifice such as killing a calf means love towards the one that you honored. It may looked cruel to the animal but it doesn't make much difference as the animal will be killed anyway sooner or later for food. The animal that was sacrificed is a hero and is thus pardoned. It serves as a witness of your love to the one you honored and as a witness to the covenant between man and God.

Would you sacrifice your life for the love of Christ?

Thanks Lord for dying on the cross.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-16-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information