Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seven Heavens

Post Seven Heavens

Excerpt from the Power New Testament revealing Jewish Roots
    by William J. Morford
    [Sum totals added]

Heavens is always plural in Hebrew, with seven levels of heaven, noted in Scripture. The names are: Vilon, Rakia, Shechakim, Zevul, Maon, Machon, and Aravot.

1. Vilon is 'That stretches out the heavens as a curtain (Vilon), and spreads them out as a tent to dwell in.' (Isaiah 40:22[85]) Vilon retires in the morning and comes out in the evening, and renews the work of creation daily. Vilon is the entire universe, going beyond what we can see with telescopes. Vilon is the word for curtain used in the Talmud, but a synonym, doq, pronounced like coke, is the word used in Isaiah 40:22

2. Rakia is where 'God set them in the firmament (Rakia) of the heavens.' (Gen 1:17[19]) This is a reference to the stars, sun, moon, and planets: outer space where the various heavenly bodies move in their prescribed orbits and /or maintain relationships in constellations, solar systems, galaxies, etc. Rakia is the part of the heavens that can be seen.

3. Shechakim is from 'He commanded the skies (shechakim) above and opened the doors of heaven; and He rained down manna upon them to eat.' (Psalm 78:23 [120]) This is where the millstones are located that grind manna for the righteous. His Word is still miraculously feeding us. Shechakim is the atmosphere.

4. Zevul is the location for 'I have surely built you a house of habitation (Zevul), a place for you to dwell in forever.: (1Kings 8:13 [32]) This is the location of celestial Jerusalem and the temple with the heavenly altar where Michael offers a sacrifice. How do we know that Zevul is this place? Because, 'Look down from heaven and behold the habitation (Zevul) of Your holiness and Your glory.' (Isaiah 63:16 [102])

5. Maon is where 'The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime and in the night his song shall be with Me.' (Psalm 42:8 [69]) This is where His ministering angels stay, singing in the night. We know that this is heaven because of 'Look down from your holy habitation (Maon) from heaven.' (Deuteronomy 26:15 [46])

6. Machon is the location of the storehouses of snow, rain, hail, whirlwinds, storms, etc. 'The Lord shall open unto you His good treasure…' Deuteronomy 28:12 [45] We know that this is heaven because 'Hear in Heaven, the habitation (Machon) of Your dwelling…' (1Kings 8:39 [58])

7. Aravot is that in which are righteousness, judgment, and charity, the storehouses of life, of peace and of blessing, the spirits of the righteous, with which the Lord will hereafter revive the dead. Those living here include the Ophannim, Seraphim, holy Chayyot, the ministering angels, the Throne of Glory, and the King of the Universe. 'Cast up a highway for Him Who rides upon the clouds (Aravot)’ His name is Yah. (Psalm 68:4 [91]) The storehouse of life contains the force of life for all those yet to be born because when God finished creation (Genesis 2:1 [4]) He had made everything that would ever be - including your descendants. The spirits of the righteous are the dead who are sleeping with their fathers.

Notice that the first three represent the universe, the visible night sky and sun, and the atmosphere. These are natural, physical things even when beyond the range of telescopes.

Each of the other four levels is both physical and spiritual. Three levels are translated Habitation, but that is not the clue we need. Three levels are populated: Zevul, with the celestial Jerusalem; Maon, with bands of ministering angels; and Aravot, with various heavenly beings, the Throne, and the spirits of the saints. That is probably the level Paul referred to, the third of the populated levels, in 2 Corinthians 12:2 [61]
    Last edited by shalag; 06-10-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: font size

Hi Shalag,
    Much to digest here -
    This morning I proclaimed 2 Corinthians 12:1-10 (6/23/07) in the Catholic Church as a lector. Paul can't explain how he got to Heaven, but he knows that he was there and he hung on to that vision / feeling / knowledge / without anybody discouraging him. We call that private revelation - It is not necessary that other people believe it, but the LORD will help us understand His plan better, if we keep our mind on Him. When I did not really know what the Lord wanted me to do, I would ask Him to give me dreams, visions or other confirmations, mainly through His word. His word never fails us. He always heard me because He has Mercy on us and wants us to understand His plan. He is not a man that he should lie...

When I was "in the Synagogue" learning about the Jewish way of life, Rabbi Goldberger told me point blank when I asked him to convert to Judaism : "We don't believe in three gods, we believe in ONE GOD, we don't believe in Angels, we don't believe in life after death. So if you want to convert, you must renounce JESUS". 9 month later I had to leave the Synagogue because I asked Rabbi Goldberger to accept Y'shua as Messiah...I know it was bold - I argued with the LORD about it - He wanted me to do that so I did. Pray for him,his family and Congregation (Orthodox Judaism) and for Peace to Jerusalem. I mention this because on Yom Kippur in 1998 Rabbi Goldberger gave a very animated homily: about the Angels in Heaven catching the prayers of the faithful and presenting them to God Almighty ... exact contradiction to the statement made to me. How many times is Heaven mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures and how do we know which level it is?
    Any idea? And how does that reconcile with Christianity? Thanks for all your input -
    Shalom
    White

PS: Do you have a diagram to lay out the 7 levels as explained above? - So the TV show "7th Heaven" proclaimed the Gospel? Just kidding. Our Lord can use any channel, any person, the young and the old to advance His plan which is salvation to the Jew first, then the Gentile - Romans 1:16. May His plan come forth as He has it planned from the beginning of time.

Post Heaven

Hei White!

Hei is the Hebrew letter that conveys the expressions of thought, words and actions. So here's my thoughts.

I was raised in the Catholic church, along with 12 years of strict Catholic schooling, singing 2 Masses a day - -before going on my search for truth. That landed me in many unlikely places - unfortunately the psychic realm, then to include charismatic influences, as well as Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, 7th Day Adventism, Messianic Jewishness - which finally led me to the Word of God and the Holy Spirit Himself. From that point on I kept my nose in my New King James bible along side Strong's concordance - and as of late - the Hebrew roots. And I will attest to the faithfulness of God and His covenant - that He who has started a good work - WILL bring it to completion in my life. I can remember a prayer a minister with the MJ's prayed with me as I began my 'walk'. He said, "What do you want to pray for - how about peace - - love - - joy - - and then he said Truth. And that is what hit my heart - I said I would pray for truth. I had been so bandied about by what 'other people' said, I told God I would only believe it if I saw it in the book! So - -now you know 'where I'm coming from'.

HEAVEN - I love this Word. The primary word used for heaven is ShMYM - sha mayim - which actually comes from two Hebrew words which mean sh(a)/fire mayim/water. Thus, in the New Testament we are told to "repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" Matthew 3:5 (48). And

Matthew 3:11 (54) I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Heaven belongs to by the poor in spirit, the DALET, the humble man who has repented of the world's wisdom and relies solely on the Word of God - and the one who suffers persecution for his faith in Christ and His Word.

Matthew 5:3 (48/MCh/marrow/vital/living)
    Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew (40) 5:10 (15/SAMEK wedding ring) = 55/bride
    Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

How many times is Heaven mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures and how do we know which level it is?
    The word 'shamayim' is used 395 times in the OT - and interestingly:

395 + The Heavens + God is in the midst of her + The Mighty God of Jacob + Breath, Inspiration + Eight + Isaiah + Jasper

Heaven by itself has a gematria of 390 (2x3x5x13) - the first three primes + One + Love

Heaven in Greek is used 238 (2x7x17) (relationship x rest x mouth) times. Heaven is also associated with the gematria of 961 / 31 (2) - The Lamb

961 + The New Jerusalem + Heaven + I create a new heavens + City of God (Full) + Spotless Ones + To be born again + Foundation + Thy faithfulness is to all generations

and how do we know which level it is?
    Essentially - only when they refer to it by the Hebrew 'name level' -listed in the 'seven heavens' - such as the firmament, the skies, the holy habitation, the clouds, etc. - do we have an idea.

You'd have to ask Richard about the layout of 'heaven' -that I don't know.

about the Angels in Heaven catching the prayers of the faithful and presenting them to God Almighty
    One time I was attending a Rosh ha Shanah service at a military hospital. They used the "Jewish prayer book" to read from. I was so astounded with what I heard that I borrowed the prayer book to copy the prayer. In that prayer it was as if they had been reading directly out of the New Testament and book of Revelation. This question reminds of that experience.

The New Testament mentions this:

Revelation (66) 8:3 (11) = (77)
    And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

Revelation (66) 8:4 (12) = 78
    And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

Hope this is helpful.

MamaZee Guest

Lightbulb 7 Heavens

This is very helpful.

Shanti Raja Guest

peaceman

Quote Originally Posted by shalag View Post
    Excerpt from the Power New Testament revealing Jewish Roots
    by William J. Morford
    [Sum totals added]

Heavens is always plural in Hebrew, with seven levels of heaven, noted in Scripture. The names are: Vilon, Rakia, Shechakim, Zevul, Maon, Machon, and Aravot.

1. Vilon is 'That stretches out the heavens as a curtain (Vilon), and spreads them out as a tent to dwell in.' (Isaiah 40:22[85]) Vilon retires in the morning and comes out in the evening, and renews the work of creation daily. Vilon is the entire universe, going beyond what we can see with telescopes. Vilon is the word for curtain used in the Talmud, but a synonym, doq, pronounced like coke, is the word used in Isaiah 40:22

2. Rakia is where 'God set them in the firmament (Rakia) of the heavens.' (Gen 1:17[19]) This is a reference to the stars, sun, moon, and planets: outer space where the various heavenly bodies move in their prescribed orbits and /or maintain relationships in constellations, solar systems, galaxies, etc. Rakia is the part of the heavens that can be seen.

3. Shechakim is from 'He commanded the skies (shechakim) above and opened the doors of heaven; and He rained down manna upon them to eat.' (Psalm 78:23 [120]) This is where the millstones are located that grind manna for the righteous. His Word is still miraculously feeding us. Shechakim is the atmosphere.

4. Zevul is the location for 'I have surely built you a house of habitation (Zevul), a place for you to dwell in forever.: (1Kings 8:13 [32]) This is the location of celestial Jerusalem and the temple with the heavenly altar where Michael offers a sacrifice. How do we know that Zevul is this place? Because, 'Look down from heaven and behold the habitation (Zevul) of Your holiness and Your glory.' (Isaiah 63:16 [102])

5. Maon is where 'The Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime and in the night his song shall be with Me.' (Psalm 42:8 [69]) This is where His ministering angels stay, singing in the night. We know that this is heaven because of 'Look down from your holy habitation (Maon) from heaven.' (Deuteronomy 26:15 [46])

6. Machon is the location of the storehouses of snow, rain, hail, whirlwinds, storms, etc. 'The Lord shall open unto you His good treasure…' Deuteronomy 28:12 [45] We know that this is heaven because 'Hear in Heaven, the habitation (Machon) of Your dwelling…' (1Kings 8:39 [58])

7. Aravot is that in which are righteousness, judgment, and charity, the storehouses of life, of peace and of blessing, the spirits of the righteous, with which the Lord will hereafter revive the dead. Those living here include the Ophannim, Seraphim, holy Chayyot, the ministering angels, the Throne of Glory, and the King of the Universe. 'Cast up a highway for Him Who rides upon the clouds (Aravot)’ His name is Yah. (Psalm 68:4 [91]) The storehouse of life contains the force of life for all those yet to be born because when God finished creation (Genesis 2:1 [4]) He had made everything that would ever be - including your descendants. The spirits of the righteous are the dead who are sleeping with their fathers.

Notice that the first three represent the universe, the visible night sky and sun, and the atmosphere. These are natural, physical things even when beyond the range of telescopes.

Each of the other four levels is both physical and spiritual. Three levels are translated Habitation, but that is not the clue we need. Three levels are populated: Zevul, with the celestial Jerusalem; Maon, with bands of ministering angels; and Aravot, with various heavenly beings, the Throne, and the spirits of the saints. That is probably the level Paul referred to, the third of the populated levels, in 2 Corinthians 12:2 [61]

Thread Information