Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

Google Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bible Logic (logos)

Bible Logic (logos)?

Count the number of chapters in the 27 books of the New Testament – comes to 260.

Count the number of chapters in the 39 books of the Old Testament -- comes to 929. Together makes 1189.

1189/2 = 594.5 would be the Center of the Bible (chapterwise), and that proves to be at Psalm 118.

Psalms:118:15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

Yes, each of the 150 psalms count as a ‘chapter’. There are 594 chapters AHEAD of Psalm 118, and 594 chapters which FOLLOW.
    Psalm 118 has 29 verses, so verse 15 would be the middle, or center, of that chapter.

There’s more: We all know the 119th Psalm is our LONGEST psalm with it’s 8x22 acrostic design. Has anyone noticed how Psalm 117 is the SHORTEST, with only two verses?

Psalms:117:1: O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. 117:2: For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD. he Genesis-Joseph was a prophet and he told the Pharaoh in Genesis 41:32

'For that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass'.

Imagine that! And here we see two different ways of zeroing in on the MIDDLE OF THE BIBLE. PTL everybody!
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Who figures out these things? It would be a rare thing if it worked
    like this unless the total number of books of the Bible is exactly sixty-six(66) --
    Adding or subtracting a book would throw the whole thing off.
    Dux allows: "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out the matter". Pr25:2

Quote Originally Posted by duxrow View Post
    Bible Logic (logos)?

Count the number of chapters in the 27 books of the New Testament – comes to 260.

Count the number of chapters in the 39 books of the Old Testament -- comes to 929. Together makes 1189.

1189/2 = 594.5 would be the Center of the Bible (chapterwise), and that proves to be at Psalm 118.

Psalms:118:15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

Yes, each of the 150 psalms count as a ‘chapter’. There are 594 chapters AHEAD of Psalm 118, and 594 chapters which FOLLOW.
    Psalm 118 has 29 verses, so verse 15 would be the middle, or center, of that chapter.

There’s more: We all know the 119th Psalm is our LONGEST psalm with it’s 8x22 acrostic design. Has anyone noticed how Psalm 117 is the SHORTEST, with only two verses?

Psalms:117:1: O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. 117:2: For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD. he Genesis-Joseph was a prophet and he told the Pharaoh in Genesis 41:32

'For that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass'.

Imagine that! And here we see two different ways of zeroing in on the MIDDLE OF THE BIBLE. PTL everybody!
    The idea that Psalm 118 is the central chapter of the Bible is a very common error because it was spewed all over the internet and most folks didn't bother to check the facts. The true central chapter of the Bible is PSALM 117. It is the 595th chapter. There are 594 chapters before it, and 594 chapters after it. I explained this in detail in this post. You can count them yourself and confirm this fact.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Hey Richard, I knew about this before, but hadn't remembered seeing it on this forum. Anyway, my post deals with "chapters', not verses, and I've done the arithmetic myself (personally), so blame me if the numbers don't
    check out. Ps118 is preceded by 594 and followed by 594, and THEN I divide the 29 verses to arrive at Ps118:15.

Yeah, Snopes is usually reliable, and I haven't looked at it lately, but the letter of the Law kills, it's the Spirit that giveth Life, and points are awarded for playing horseshoes, too.

Hey Richard, I knew about this before, but hadn't remembered seeing it on this forum. Anyway, my post deals with "chapters', not verses, and I've done the arithmetic myself (personally), so blame me if the numbers don't
    check out. Ps118 is preceded by 594 and followed by 594, and THEN I divide the 29 verses to arrive at Ps118:15.

Yeah, Snopes is usually reliable, and I haven't looked at it lately, but the letter of the Law kills, it's the Spirit that giveth Life, and points are awarded for playing horseshoes, too.
    I was talking about middle chapter, not verse. There are 594 chapters before and after Psalm 117. You simply miscounted.

There is no middle verse because the number of verses is an even number. But there is a middle pair of verses which happen to be Psalm 103:1-2.

Interpretation of the Bible is not like horseshoes. The "Spirit" does not give points for making false statements that are "close."
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Maybe, RAM, You could tell me which number is wrong: the OT 929, or the NT 260 ?? And then 1189/2 = 594.5 ?
    Lucky we're not into calculus here, but I don't usually have difficulty with arithmetic. ha..

Maybe, RAM, You could tell me which number is wrong: the OT 929, or the NT 260 ?? And then 1189/2 = 594.5 ?
    Lucky we're not into calculus here, but I don't usually have difficulty with arithmetic. ha..
    Both of those numbers are correct. Your error was when you said that there were 594 chapters before and after Psalm 118. The correct answer is Psalm 117.

Check out my blog site

SOo, maybe you aren't seeing a bullseye, but are you on board with the shortest and longest psalms being ~centered in the Bible?

SOo, maybe you aren't seeing a bullseye, but are you on board with the shortest and longest psalms being ~centered in the Bible?
    I see the bullseye just fine. The problem was that you missed it.

The shortest chapter (Psalm 117) is also the center chapter. And the longest chapter is very near the center, being off by only two chapters. I was always impressed by the location of those two chapters, but if we are going to talk about the detailed structure of the Bible, we need to be accurate.

Check out my blog site

Roger, Dodger. Final say, then I'm thru with this subject. The chapter count from Genesis to the end of Job is 478. Adding 117 to that = 595. Nuff sed, thank you.

Thread Information