Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: God Allows Rape

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,469
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Listen carefully, I said that whatever god people refers to is indirectly referring to our God because there can only be one Creator God. Why do you think there are common beliefs among every religion that there is a heaven and there is a hell and to do good? Their god's name may be different but they seems to believe some same fundamental beliefs in Christianity. Whether they'll be judged or forgiven for believing in other gods which indirectly refers to our Christian God is not for me to say.

    God Blessed our souls.
    But you are directly contradicting the Bible:
    Psalm 96:5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
    You say the "gods of the nations" all refer to the true God, whereas the Bible says they all refer to idols!
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    And what do you mean by doing right?And what God are you specifically refering to,to do the right by?
    I seems to be repeating myself; Love God with all your heart soul and might and Love your neighbor as yourself.

    How can the Canaanites be held accountable when they thought they were serving their gods in a righteous manner?
    People always think what they themselves do is always right. Does sacrificing children, incest, prostituiting priests, bestiality, adultery, child sex etc. the norm right? Suppose you go into a town in the US and all of them practice such things, what do you do?

    You said it may be that the God existing could be Allah, what if it's the Canaanites gods that exist when you go to the spirit world? Are you going to ask them for forgiveness because you don't want your soul snuffed out as you so enthuastically praised the soldiers for slaughtering the pagans,who by the way had never been given the oportunity to know and learn there was a God of the Hebrews.
    I have said before that God will forgive them for their evil if they repent. Because they were so evil, God allowed them to be killed so that the evil will not spread. It's like the Americans killing the Nazi for trying to exterminate the Jews. It's good over evil and such heroic act should be praised, isn't it?

    So how can you truly know you are doing right?Does your conscious lie to you or tell you the truth? Are you exempt from being deceived?
    The same question goes to you.

    God Blessed.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    But you are directly contradicting the Bible:
    Psalm 96:5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
    You say the "gods of the nations" all refer to the true God, whereas the Bible says they all refer to idols!
    Think about this, some religions prayed to graven images and idols made by hands, Buddha, Hinduism, pagans etc. yet God did not seemed to punish or destroy them why? The reason is because they were not under any covenant with God and they were not that evil compared to the Canaanites whereas there was a covenant between the Jews, the descendants of Abraham and God. The gods of the nations belong to those idols made by hands but were not under the covenant of God.

    It is the human brains that come out with their own religions whether good or bad just like human brains can devised thoughts good and evil.It is God that created the human brains and therefore whatever thoughts they devised about god indirectly refers to our God who made the human brain. Understand?


    God Blessinsg to all.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    So you are fine with the idea that men should rule over women, and women must be in subjection to men, obey them, and call them lord? I pity your wife.

    And as for governments - it is not the same at all. Men and women are equal under the law in the USA, and that's how it should be in all governments. You are showing (again) how religion retards moral and social progress!


    Yes, and so the women were like slaves not "wives" as you like to imagine.


    Finding something that is there is not the same as inventing something from your imagination.


    You are hiding from what I said by changing the subject.


    I was not talking about killing evil men. Again, you are hiding from what I said by changed the subject.


    You really need to learn the basic principles of Bible study. The Bible was not written in English. The Hebrew word translated as "humbled" is עִנָּה (Strong's 6031). Duane L. Christensen explained it's meaning in his entry on Deuteronomy 21:14 in the Word Biblical Commentary:
    The piel verbal form עִנָּה, which is translated here as 'you have humbled her,' carries the sense of 'doing violence to' in sexual matters (cf. 22:24, 29).
    The verses he cited make the truth of his claim perfectly obvious (note that they come from the same general context in Deuteronomy):
    Deuteronomy 22:23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her [have sex with her]; 24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

    Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her [have sex with her], and they be found; 29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
    My interpretation stands. The word "humbled" means "screwed" or "had sexual intercourse with" in these contexts. It is totally obvious to anyone who can read even the English translation and it is supported by the scholars.

    Your mimicry of my use of "brilliant" is making you look really stupid since you don't know what you are talking about.

    Again, your use of "brilliant" is idiotic. And you didn't answer my question. Why would God choose to act like a brutal Bronze age tribal war god? There are ten thousand things an Almighty God could have done rather than commanding more violence or letting the "sperms of their evil men to spread." For example, he could have just closed the wombs of the women that would have been impregnated by that sperm. Or he could have given some intelligent laws instead of the stupid, cruel, and immoral ones that we see in the Bible. But you can't see that because you are committed to the truth of things that are false. Good luck with that, Cheow.
    I am surprised you don't understand male behaviour; if the wives wombs were closed, it will only forced the men to look for other women that would bear them children and that will lead to rapes, adultery, prostituition, mistress, polygamy, divorce and remarry etc. To be fair and equal so that there is no male bias (Rose's favorite obsessive topic) God should castrate the men as well. But consider again, killing all evil people will drastically reduced evil in the world but good parents does not always bear good children, this call for continuous refinement to get rid of any remnant evil people just like continuous refinement to achieve fine gold. Since you said there are a thousand things an Almighty God can do rather than commanding more violence, why not tell us what some of these thousand things that God can do an I can tell you that killing of evil people is one of the best method to rid the world of evil. Closing the womb and castration of evil women and men are obviously out as it goes against human rights and God's command to fill the earth.

    May God removed all evil in this world.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-30-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,312
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    I am surprised you don't understand male behaviour; if the wives wombs were closed, it will only forced the men to look for other women that would bear them children and that will lead to rapes, adultery, prostituition, mistress, polygamy, divorce and remarry etc. To be fair and equal so that there is no male bias (Rose's favorite obsessive topic) God should castrate the men as well. But consider again, killing all evil people will drastically reduced evil in the world but good parents does not always bear good children, this call for continuous refinement to get rid of any remnant evil people just like continuous refinement to achieve fine gold. Since you said there are a thousand things an Almighty God can do rather than commanding more violence, why not tell us what some of these thousand things that God can do an I can tell you that killing of evil people is one of the best method to rid the world of evil. Closing the womb and castration of evil women and men are obviously out as it goes against human rights and God's command to fill the earth.

    May God removed all evil in this world.
    According to the Bible God already tried killing everyone on the planet with a Flood...it didn't work! Then God killed everyone in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah...it didn't work! After that God decided to use his "chosen people" as the killers and utterly destroy every last man, woman and child in the "Promised Land"...it didn't work! Also then he had them kill all the Midianites, the Ammorites, the Jabesh-gileadites and on and on it goes...it didn't work, the world is still full of bad people.

    I think Yahweh better come up with a new plan...Oh, that's right! He did change his mind, and gave his son as a human sacrifice, so he doesn't have to go around killing people on earth any more - now he just tortures unbelievers in Hell for eternity.

    Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

    To know oneself is to know the universe...


    Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

    Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

    Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    ********************************
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    According to the Bible God already tried killing everyone on the planet with a Flood...it didn't work! Then God killed everyone in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah...it didn't work! After that God decided to use his "chosen people" as the killers and utterly destroy every last man, woman and child in the "Promised Land"...it didn't work! Also then he had them kill all the Midianites, the Ammorites, the Jabesh-gileadites and on and on it goes...it didn't work, the world is still full of bad people.

    I think Yahweh better come up with a new plan...Oh, that's right! He did change his mind, and gave his son as a human sacrifice, so he doesn't have to go around killing people on earth any more - now he just tortures unbelievers in Hell for eternity.

    Rose
    Very well stated.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    According to the Bible God already tried killing everyone on the planet with a Flood...it didn't work! Then God killed everyone in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah...it didn't work! After that God decided to use his "chosen people" as the killers and utterly destroy every last man, woman and child in the "Promised Land"...it didn't work! Also then he had them kill all the Midianites, the Ammorites, the Jabesh-gileadites and on and on it goes...it didn't work, the world is still full of bad people.

    I think Yahweh better come up with a new plan...Oh, that's right! He did change his mind, and gave his son as a human sacrifice, so he doesn't have to go around killing people on earth any more - now he just tortures unbelievers in Hell for eternity.

    Rose
    And when God left for 2,000 years to let man handle his own affairs, have evilness been reduced? Obviously No.

    Obviously it didn't work because man's evil was so strong due to Satan"s influence but however God managed to control the rate of growth of evil at manageable level.

    God already have a plan but you just don't accept it that's all. Let evil men grows together and destroy them all together at a later time:
    Matthew 13:24-31
    Another Parable put he forth to them, saying. The Kingdom of Heaven is like a man which sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the weeds also. So the servants of the householder came and said to him. Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field! From whence then has it weeds? He said to them. An enemy has done this. The servants said to him. Will you then that we go and gather them up? But he said. Nay; lest, while you gather up the weeds, you root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together, until the harvest; and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather you together, first the weeds, and bind them in: bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.


    May God gather us into His barn.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,469
    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    And when God left for 2,000 years to let man handle his own affairs, have evilness been reduced? Obviously No.
    That's not obvious at all. On the contrary, it is we humans who have acted to reduce the evil that God ordained in the Bible. We now give women equal rights, whereas the Bible puts them in subjugation to men. The United Nations has outlawed infanticide, genocide, and slavery whereas God commanded those things things in the Bible. Most modern civilizations are infinitely better than the primitive and brutal civilizations that existed in Bible times.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Yakima, Wa
    Posts
    14,469
    Hi CWH,

    I'm posting this again because you did not answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    The word "humbled" in this context means "screwed" as in "having had sexual intercourse with." It's easy to prove. I'll leave that as an exercise for the student since I have little time this morning.
    Check any English dictionary, "humbled" has never mean "screwed". So one have humbled his wife and the wife have humbled her husband after sex sex....Brilliant! "Hey, Darling, can you humble me tonight?".
    You really need to learn the basic principles of Bible study. The Bible was not written in English. The Hebrew word translated as "humbled" is עִנָּה (Strong's 6031). Duane L. Christensen explained it's meaning in his entry on Deuteronomy 21:14 in the Word Biblical Commentary:
    The piel verbal form עִנָּה, which is translated here as 'you have humbled her,' carries the sense of 'doing violence to' in sexual matters (cf. 22:24, 29).
    The verses he cited make the truth of his claim perfectly obvious (note that they come from the same general context in Deuteronomy):
    Deuteronomy 22:23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her [have sex with her]; 24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

    Deuteronomy 22:28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her [have sex with her], and they be found; 29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
    My interpretation stands. The word "humbled" means "screwed" or "had sexual intercourse with" in these contexts. It is totally obvious to anyone who can read even the English translation and it is supported by the scholars.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

    Check out my blog site

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not from this world...from the other side
    Posts
    3,229
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That's not obvious at all. On the contrary, it is we humans who have acted to reduce the evil that God ordained in the Bible. We now give women equal rights, whereas the Bible puts them in subjugation to men. The United Nations has outlawed infanticide, genocide, and slavery whereas God commanded those things things in the Bible. Most modern civilizations are infinitely better than the primitive and brutal civilizations that existed in Bible times.
    Yeah, let's hope the United Nations will outlaw abortions, wars, adultery, gambling, fornication, prostituition, poverty, greed, disrespect, stealing, lust, pollution, pornography, narcotics etc.

    In Jesus Name.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •