Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: God Allows Rape

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Here are some videos why Congolese soldiers raped and the atrocious rapes in Congo. The videos saddens me and they show how evil and wicked and horrible men can be , can't imagine what it's like during Noah's time. Hope Rose will love them
    Yes, those videos show how wicked and horrible men can be ... just like the men who committed the genocidal atrocities in the Bible.

What do you mean when you say you "hope Rose will love them"? That sounds very sick and perverted. Was it meant as some kind of joke?
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Precisely, to stimulate your obsession! The 32,000 virgins were not raped but were married to the Israelites soldiers and there are many proofs that they were given in marriage and were not forcefully raped. Have you seen any of the Congolese soldiers marrying their rape victims? I know it will opened an old can of worms and I don't wish to discuss with someone who is obsessed with God ordering the rapes.
    How can you continue to push the lie that the 32,000 virgins would freely choose to marry the brutal, wicked men that just slaughtered everyone they knew and loved? How can you be so heartless? Do you really think that those women in would willingly marry and have sex with the soldiers who just murdered their moms, dads, brothers, sisters, cousins, and everyone else they knew and loved? Your comments horrify me.

And what about God's Holy Law that says the soldiers could screw the women, and if they weren't delighted by them, could just toss them out like a used rag?
    Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her [screwed her].
    How could any moral person give such a law? It let the Israeli soldiers capture a woman in war, kill her whole family, screw her, and the toss her out like a used rag? This is the most immoral law that I have ever seen.

Does it sounds like rapes with all those words such as wife, bring her home, husband, not sell her, make merchandise of her....? These are not the behaviors of rapists as seen in the videos!
    You conveniently left out the part that says the soldiers can screw the women and then "let them go."

But you are correct, the kind of rape allowed in the Bible is not as graphic as what we saw in the videos, though it is connected with genocide. And that's the problem with God commanding his people to become mass murderers and baby killers. That is PRECISELY what brutalizes the human soul, and it leads to the kind of behavior we see in those videos. That's why the commands in the Bible were so totally wicked and evil. God brutalized the souls of the Israelis, and so it is very likely that they acted like the rapists in the videos.

It's pretty pathetic if the only way you can make God look good is by comparing him with the men in those videos.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Not from this world...from the other side
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    How can you continue to push the lie that the 32,000 virgins would freely choose to marry the brutal, wicked men that just slaughtered everyone they knew and loved? How can you be so heartless? Do you really think that those women in would willingly marry and have sex with the soldiers who just murdered their moms, dads, brothers, sisters, cousins, and everyone else they knew and loved? Your comments horrify me.
    There is no lie, if it is not marriage, then why were the words, husband and wife mentioned? Have you ever thought if God were to tell them that He killed them because of evil but will resurrect them a few thousand years later and if they married into God's people they including their loved ones will be pardon and their descendants will become God's people and thus they will be guaranteed a part of God's inheritance. God was kind to give them a full month's of mourning and perhaps to consider. If the 32,000 virgins were not willing to marry the Israelites they could have refused or killed themselves, why didn't they? or was there something for them to gain by obeying God's command to marry the Israelites? Obviously, God had no intention to keep them as old virgins till menopaused.

And what about God's Holy Law that says the soldiers could screw the women, and if they weren't delighted by them, could just toss them out like a used rag?
    [INDENT]Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her [screwed her].
    This is a false logic, nothing in those passages said "they were tossed like rags" but were told to let them go without making any monetary profits from them, that's was kind in which no evil people would have done that. Based on ancient Jewish law, when the marriage is suddenly terminated, the men had to gave their ex-wives some monetary compensation. I am fascinated by the word "humbled" which seems to suggest additional meanings like "tamed", disciplined", "calmed" besides "screwed her". You don't humbled your wife when you "screwed her" do you?....or was the wife so "wild" during sex that one have to humble her? Humbled seems to suggest disciplining an arrogant people through marrying God's righteous people.

But you are correct, the kind of rape allowed in the Bible is not as graphic as what we saw in the videos, though it is connected with genocide. And that's the problem with God commanding his people to become mass murderers and baby killers. That is PRECISELY what brutalizes the human soul, and it leads to the kind of behavior we see in those videos. That's why the commands in the Bible were so totally wicked and evil. God brutalized the souls of the Israelis, and so it is very likely that they acted like the rapists in the videos.

It's pretty pathetic if the only way you can make God look good is by comparing him with the men in those videos.
    No, I was trying to make people visualize how terrible human war can be and when there is lawlessness human hearts can be very wicked and evil. It was said in Genesis that men's heart was continuously evil, was God justified then to destroy all humans on earth with a flood? It stated that it grieved God deeply to do so, does that sounds like a totally evil and wicked God? A cold hearted killer and rapist as seen in the videos will not grieved or regret deeply when he murdered or raped.

Genesis 5:
    5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, 'I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.

May God continue His Blessings on us.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-26-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

[QUOTE=CWH;43524]
    There is no lie, if it is not marriage, then why were the words, husband and wife mentioned? Have you ever thought if God were to tell them that He killed them because of evil but will resurrect them a few thousand years later and if they married into God's people they including their loved ones will be pardon and their descendants will become God's people and thus they will be guaranteed a part of God's inheritance. God was kind to give them a full month's of mourning and perhaps to consider. If the 32,000 virgins were not willing to marry the Israelites they could have refused or killed themselves, why didn't they? or was there something for them to gain by obeying God's command to marry the Israelites? Obviously, God had no intention to keep them as old virgins till menopaused.

This is a false logic, nothing in those passages said "they were tossed like rags" but were told to let them go without making any monetary profits from them, that's was kind in which no evil people would have done that. Based on ancient Jewish law, when the marriage is suddenly terminated, the men had to gave their ex-wives some monetary compensation. I am fascinated by the word "humbled" which seems to suggest additional meanings like "tamed", disciplined", "calmed" besides "screwed her". You don't humbled your wife when you "screwed her" do you?....or was the wife so "wild" during sex that one have to humble her? Humbled seems to suggest disciplining an arrogant people through marrying God's righteous people.

No, I was trying to make people visualize how terrible human war can be and when there is lawlessness human hearts can be very wicked and evil. It was said in Genesis that men's heart was continuously evil, was God justified then to destroy all humans on earth with a flood? It stated that it grieved God deeply to do so, does that sounds like a totally evil and wicked God? A cold hearted killer and rapist as seen in the videos will not grieved or regret deeply when he murdered or raped.

Genesis 5:
    5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, 'I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.

May God continue His Blessings on us.
    So the (stolen virgin women/booty) foreign women weren't divorced,only let go,because they didn't have an Israeli marriage ceremony in the first place?

I am so apalled at the violence that God's choosen people were allowed to inflict on other peoples by order of the Priests/Prophets.

Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post
    So the (stolen virgin women/booty) foreign women weren't divorced,only let go,because they didn't have an Israeli marriage ceremony in the first place?

I am so apalled at the violence that God's choosen people were allowed to inflict on other peoples by order of the Priests/Prophets.
    Hey there highflyertoo,

Welcome to our forum!

Your comment shows how contrary the Bible is to popular Christian ethics which treats divorce and sex outside of marriage as if they were some horrible crimes. God had no problem giving a law that allowed a man to take a woman, sexually use her, and let her go if she didn't "delight" him. You won't see that preached from the pulpit any time soon.

I too am appalled by the violence commanded by God in the OT. But I'm even more appalled by the efforts of Christians to justify such wickedness. But they have no choice because they are committed to the dogma that the Bible is the "inerrant and infallible Word of God."

Again, welcome to our forum. I look forward to your contributions to our discussions.

Richard

Check out my blog site

[QUOTE=highflyertoo;43537]

Hi, highflyertoo

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your contributions.

If the "stolen" virgin women were not married , please explain why the words of husband and wife is mentioned. If they were let go, didn't that constitute divorce? I was told in ancient Jewish tradition, if the men wanted divorce they can just say so in public or write a letter of divorce. Please also help RAM to explain why humbled was used, do you humble your wife/girlfriend during sex? I see no violence or rape at all in this passage:

Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her
    Doesn't violence happened between men? Doesn't human law punished criminals severely? So what is the difference between human punishing criminals severely and God punishing evil sinners severely? Both has the intention to serve justice and rehabilitate criminals and evil doers. Rest assured that God will not punish good righteous God-fearing people. If you want to avoid God punishments, just Love God with all your heart, soul and strength And Love thy neighbor as yourself.

God Blessings to all!
    Seek and You shall find,

Hey there highflyertoo,

Welcome to our forum!

Your comment shows how contrary the Bible is to popular Christian ethics which treats divorce and sex outside of marriage as if they were some horrible crimes. God had no problem giving a law that allowed a man to take a woman, sexually use her, and let her go if she didn't "delight" him. You won't see that preached from the pulpit any time soon.

I too am appalled by the violence commanded by God in the OT. But I'm even more appalled by the efforts of Christians to justify such wickedness. But they have no choice because they are committed to the dogma that the Bible is the "inerrant and infallible Word of God."

Again, welcome to our forum. I look forward to your contributions to our discussions.

Richard
    Hello RAM.There are many things in the scriptures that I have been questioning for a long time as they have severly bothered me how one person is slain by the Lord while the other is not for similar sins.

I have and are in part a religious nutcase,and have been the second if not worst outright blasphemer of all time against God and his Heavenly Host.(And I am not happy about blaspheming Holy Lord God and his Holy Host).

I was right into Prophecy and believe I have had some dreams of the future.... I am 44 years old and don't get why God would make people for perdition when the Devil is allowed to walk around free after all the evil he did before going into the garden to deceive Eve who ''didn't know'' about sin to commit the so called sin of eating the forbdden fruit.

Hope you and I and the current believers can discuss some things inparticular about the End Times Prophecies.

[QUOTE=CWH;43546]
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyertoo View Post

Hi, highflyertoo

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your contributions.

If the "stolen" virgin women were not married , please explain why the words of husband and wife is mentioned. If they were let go, didn't that constitute divorce? I was told in ancient Jewish tradition, if the men wanted divorce they can just say so in public or write a letter of divorce. Please also help RAM to explain why humbled was used, do you humble your wife/girlfriend during sex? I see no violence or rape at all in this passage:

Doesn't violence happened between men? Doesn't human law punished criminals severely? So what is the difference between human punishing criminals severely and God punishing evil sinners severely? Both has the intention to serve justice and rehabilitate criminals and evil doers. Rest assured that God will not punish good righteous God-fearing people. If you want to avoid God punishments, just Love God with all your heart, soul and strength And Love thy neighbor as yourself.

God Blessings to all!
    Hello CWH.

Are you saying the Soldier showed his sorrow to the ''stolen virgin'' after hacking her Mother and Father to bits and pieces by forcing his penis in her vagina? Please remember how the Man was approved by God to go into her,and then after that to let her go is she didn't be subservient to his traditions and ownership. He the soldier was in fact being her Baal (Master or Lord).

I think my above post was in response to the word Humble rather than Humbled.

So Humbled is to humiliate . I think that wraps it up then.
    Last edited by highflyertoo; 04-27-2012 at 08:17 PM.

You have yet to answer the questions why are the words husband and wife mentioned if it is not marriage. There is a possibility that the virgins were willingly married to the men if not why didn't they protest and got killed, why didn't they ran away, why didn't they commit suicide, why didn't they refused the marriage, why didn't they disfigured or maimed or self injured themselves to prevent the marriage, why didn't fight they retaliate or discard/kill the babies of their "rapists", why didn't they destroy their virginity before marriage?....or was there a gain by marrying the Israelites seeing they were not so evil compared to their Canaanite men. Were they convinced that the Canaanite men were evil and sinful and God had to kill them with the promise that they will be pardoned and resurrected in the future if they repent? Was there a promise of pardon and heavenly reward for them and their descendants if they married and bore children of the Israelites? The other issue of letting them go was so that they could remarry or carry on with their renewed life was perhaps so that they will not become widowed as these Israelite men need to go to wars against God's enemies soon and were not expected to return and live long to see their children and family.

Humbled means humiliated, fine. They were humbled after they slept with their Israelite husbands because they were once arrogant non-God fearing people and now they have assimilated into the Jewish family as part of God's people and they and their children will now be eligible to receive part of God's inheritance and promise.

May God Bless us all.
    Seek and You shall find,

Hey there highflyertoo,

Welcome to our forum!

Richard
    So RAM agrees that it is moral to divorce and have sex outside marriage. Brilliant!

Let me explain to you that divorce and sex outside marriage is not a horrible crime but it is to be avoided as it has something to do with morality. I know it is not strongly enforced as the country's law do not consider them as crime, Imagine how the society will become if everybody divorce and remarry and divorce and remarry multiple times; it will become a mockery of marriage, might as well fornicate, why marry? Divorce tends to affect children psychologically and they may become anti-social as evidenced in children of broken marriages. Imagine everyone have sex outside marriage, will society becomes promiscuious?

Where is your sense of morality RAM?

Blessings of God to all.
    Seek and You shall find,

Thread Information