Google Ads

Google Ads

Bible Wheel Book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: God Allows Rape

God Allows Rape

All around the world it is men who rape women and deny them their rights; throughout the pages of the Bible it is men who deny women their rights and approve of rape. The men who wrote the Bible say that God inspired it.

1. It is men who rape and deny women their rights.
    2. It is the male authored Bible that promotes rape and denies women their rights.
    3. Men say the Bible was inspired by God.

The conclusions one can come to is either men 'made-up' a male god to conform to their desires to dominate women, or Yahweh is a male-biased god who created women to be used by men.

Rose
    Never trust anything you are afraid to question ~

To know oneself is to know the universe...

Live Fully...Love Extravagantly...For the sake of Goodness

Be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt.10:16

Come let us reason together...Isa.1:18
    My new Blog site: God and Butterfly

Not from this world...from the other side
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    All around the world it is men who rape women and deny them their rights; throughout the pages of the Bible it is men who deny women their rights and approve of rape. The men who wrote the Bible say that God inspired it.

1. It is men who rape and deny women their rights.
    2. It is the male authored Bible that promotes rape and denies women their rights.
    3. Men say the Bible was inspired by God.

The conclusions one can come to is either men 'made-up' a male god to conform to their desires to dominate women, or Yahweh is a male-biased god who created women to be used by men.

Rose
    Men has been raping women millions of years ago and whether God existed or not. So please STOP blaming God! The title of the thread should be Men allow raping of Women! Why is there a deliberate atempt to discredit God. Soldiers raped in times of war and it happened in every war whether God exists or not and the military commanders allowed it fior morale reasons. So STOP blaming God! Where is the law of an eye for an eye? If someone rape my wife, don't you think that I will want to rape that fellow's wife in revenge? Is this fair or not fair? If the law said that rapist will be raped in return, will that be a deterrent to future wanna be rapist? What I am saying is that rape can be used for good and for bad. In some Musliom countries, rape has been used as a legal punishmnet for adultery and yet rape carries a death sentence And in modern western law adultery is allowed but not rape. Do animals committed rape, obviously YES!.It is in fact, rape is a natural practice among almost all animals including some primitive human tribes in the jungles.

The conclusion is that rape is a natural process in the animal world since time immemorial. So STOP blaming God!

Gid Blessed.
    Ask and You shall receive,
    Seek and You shall find,
    Knock and the door will be open unto You.

Quote Originally Posted by CWH View Post
    Men has been raping women millions of years ago and whether God existed or not. So please STOP blaming God! The title of the thread should be Men allow raping of Women! Why is there a deliberate attempt to discredit God. Soldiers raped in times of war and it happened in every war whether God exists or not and the military commanders allowed it fior morale reasons. So STOP blaming God!
    What do you mean stop blaming God? It is men who say that God inspired the Bible which promotes and allows men to rape women! Of course it is men who rape women for all sorts of sick reasons, and that is why I say the Bible was written by men who made up a god that promotes and allows women to be raped!

Men rape women, and they wrote a book called the Bible that has a Bronze Age tribal war god that condones their sick behavior.

Where is the law of an eye for an eye? If someone rape my wife, don't you think that I will want to rape that fellow's wife in revenge? Is this fair or not fair? If the law said that rapist will be raped in return, will that be a deterrent to future wanna be rapist? What I am saying is that rape can be used for good and for bad. In some Musliom countries, rape has been used as a legal punishmnet for adultery and yet rape carries a death sentence And in modern western law adultery is allowed but not rape. Do animals committed rape, obviously YES!.It is in fact, rape is a natural practice among almost all animals including some primitive human tribes in the jungles.

The conclusion is that rape is a natural process in the animal world since time immemorial. So STOP blaming God!

Gid Blessed.
    You sure sound like a nice person...saying that if someone raped your wife instead of punishing the rapist you would punish the rapist's innocent wife by raping her! Sounds pretty sick to me. But, I guess that's what the god of the Bible does all the time...he punishes innocent people for the sake of the guilty.

Rape doesn't apply to animals, so quite comparing humans to animals, unless you think of yourself as an animal!

If you want me to stop blaming God for promoting rape, then stop blaming God for writing the Bible. Follow my lead and call it a man made book.

Rose

If someone rape my wife, don't you think that I will want to rape that fellow's wife in revenge? Is this fair or not fair? If the law said that rapist will be raped in return, will that be a deterrent to future wanna be rapist?
    That's the sickest thing I've heard in a long time. Raping the wife of a rapist is not punishing the rapist. It's punishing his innocent wife! Have you no moral sense at all? I wonder how many Christians would agree with you.

What I am saying is that rape can be used for good and for bad.
    Rape can be used for good?

So STOP blaming God!
    God set up laws allowing rape.
    Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.
    And worse, God passed women around like party treats to punish kings that displeased him. First he gave Saul's wives to David, and then took David's wives and gave them to Absalom to be screwed on the rooftops!
    2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
    If it was such a crime for David to take Bathsheba, then why was it not a crime for the poor women who were passed from Saul, to David and from David to Absalom? Did they have any choice in getting screwed? Nope. They were used by God to punish David. It is a true horror to behold. It is primitive male dominance displayed through sexual violence. It's how primitive men showed dominance over other men by raping their womem. You are right, men have been doing despicable things like that forever. But here we see God "punishing" men by having their wives screwed by others. In this, he is acting just like a primitive and barbaric man.
    • Skepticism is the antiseptic of the mind.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    You sure sound like a nice person...saying that if someone raped your wife instead of punishing the rapist you would punish the rapist's innocent wife by raping her! Sounds pretty sick to me.
    Then what do you think I should do? Shall I say to the rapist,"You are forgiven son, please don't do it again ok? God Blessed you."? You bet I will chop his penis into pieces so that he will never rape again! Better to go to heaven without a penis than to get his whole body burn in hell.

But, I guess that's what the god of the Bible does all the time...he punishes innocent people for the sake of the guilty.
    How do you know they are innocent? If your children did something heinous, are you partially responsible?....Have you failed as a parent? Have you heard the phrase, "Like father, like son".

Rape doesn't apply to animals, so quite comparing humans to animals, unless you think of yourself as an animal!
    There are many instances of rape in animal behavior. If rape doesn't apply to animals, does sex also apply to animals? Are we not animals supposedly evolved from an ape?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociobi...eories_of_rape

Excerpt:
    It has long been noted that behavior resembling rape in humans is widespread in other animals, including ducks and geese, bottlenose dolphins[1], and chimpanzees.[2] Indeed in orangutans, close human relatives, copulations of this nature may account for up to half of all observed matings.[3] Such behaviours, referred to as ‘forced copulations’, involve an animal being approached and sexually penetrated whilst it struggles or attempts to escape. These observations of forced sex among animals are not controversial. What is controversial is the interpretation of these observations and the extension of theories based on them to humans. 'Thornhill introduces this theory by describing the sexual behavior of scorpion flies. In which the male may gain sex from the female either by presenting a gift of food during courtship or without a nuptial offering, in which case force is necessary to restrain her.'

If you want me to stop blaming God for promoting rape, then stop blaming God for writing the Bible. Follow my lead and call it a man made book.
    Rest assured, I will continue to counter-attack as long as God is innocently accused! I suspect Rose and RAM have a hidden agenda to their God-bashing and attempts to discredit God.

God forgive them for they know not what they are doing.
    Last edited by CWH; 04-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Seek and You shall find,

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    That's the sickest thing I've heard in a long time. Raping the wife of a rapist is not punishing the rapist. It's punishing his innocent wife! Have you no moral sense at all? I wonder how many Christians would agree with you.
    If you are in that case, what would you do? Do you say to the rapist, "It's ok son, just don't do it again, God Blessed."

Why not? Military commanders approved their soldiers of raping their enemies forcing the enemy to surrender and reducing further casualties and sufferings. Some Muslim countries used rape as a legal punishment for adultery. Rape is a norm in some primitive tribes. Non-violent "rape" are still practice in some countries such as forced marriages, chid marriages etc. Does people sometimes used evil against evil for the sake of good?...rob Peter to pay Paul?

God set up laws allowing rape.
    Deuteronomy 21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive, 11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife; 12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; 13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife. 14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.
    Doesn't sound like rape to me...raping own wife? No mention of the woman resisting the marriage. Please don't blame God. If there is no love, why carry on the relationship? Might as well divorced and re-marry? Isn't this what some modern people do?

And worse, God passed women around like party treats to punish kings that displeased him. First he gave Saul's wives to David, and then took David's wives and gave them to Absalom to be screwed on the rooftops!
    2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
    If it was such a crime for David to take Bathsheba, then why was it not a crime for the poor women who were passed from Saul, to David and from David to Absalom? Did they have any choice in getting screwed? Nope. They were used by God to punish David. It is a true horror to behold. It is primitive male dominance displayed through sexual violence. It's how primitive men showed dominance over other men by raping their womem. You are right, men have been doing despicable things like that forever. But here we see God "punishing" men by having their wives screwed by others. In this, he is acting just like a primitive and barbaric man.
    Didn't Israel's enemies did those abominable things to captured Israel's women? Don't you think it is fair, an eye for an eye? Would that deterred future Israel's enemies from committing those abominable things again? Didn't God punished David, Saul and Absalom and shamed them? Didn't God forgave people when they repent or do you wish that God punished them forever?

God Bless us all.
    Seek and You shall find,

Rest assured, I will continue to counter-attack as long as God is innocently accused! I suspect Rose and RAM have a hidden agenda to their God-bashing and attempts to discredit God.

God forgive them for they know not what they are doing.
    My agenda if far from being hidden Cheow, though I would phrase it differently than you...I would say that I am trying to discredit the Bible as the word of God by showing its male bias.

Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 04-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.

If you are in that case, what would you do? Do you say to the rapist, "It's ok son, just don't do it again, God Blessed."
    You are right CWH. The wives of all rapists should be raped. You are the true exemplar of Christian morals!

Why not? Military commanders approved their soldiers of raping their enemies forcing the enemy to surrender and reducing further casualties and sufferings. Some Muslim countries used rape as a legal punishment for adultery. Rape is a norm in some primitive tribes. Non-violent "rape" are still practice in some countries such as forced marriages, chid marriages etc. Does people sometimes used evil against evil for the sake of good?...rob Peter to pay Paul?
    Who could deny the great morals you have learned from the Bible?

Doesn't sound like rape to me...raping own wife? No mention of the woman resisting the marriage. Please don't blame God. If there is no love, why carry on the relationship? Might as well divorced and re-marry? Isn't this what some modern people do?
    The word you highlighted as "wife" is a mistranslation. The word means simply "woman." The woman was captured in war. She witnessed the soldiers kill her mom, dad, sisters, and brothers. Now she is taken and used sexually, and if the soldier doesn't like her ass, he tosses her out.

Modern people do not take female captives of war after committing genocide. That's called "war crimes." Modern people reject the kind of morality attributed to God in the Bible.

Didn't Israel's enemies did those abominable things to captured Israel's women? Don't you think it is fair, an eye for an eye? Would that deterred future Israel's enemies from committing those abominable things again? Didn't God punished David, Saul and Absalom and shamed them? Didn't God forgave people when they repent or do you wish that God punished them forever?
    Glad you brought that up! Every child knows that two wrongs don't make a right. That's why the "eye for an eye" law is primitive, barbaric, and fundamentally immoral. But it's taught in the Bible. Therefore, the Bible is fundamentally immoral.

And no, David did not receive punishment for his crimes! God broke his own laws! God punished the poor women that He Himself passed from Saul to David to Absalom. It is an absolute abomination to pass those woman around as sex toys! Yet God did it, and Christians declare it to be good. This shows how religion corrupts the minds and the morals of people who believe it.
    • Remember why we debate. We have nothing to lose but the errors we hold. Who but a stubborn fool would hold to errors once they have been exposed?

Check out my blog site

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Glad you brought that up! Every child knows that two wrongs don't make a right. That's why the "eye for an eye" law is primitive, barbaric, and fundamentally immoral. But it's taught in the Bible. Therefore, the Bible is fundamentally immoral
    Richard

It is called JUSTICE! Maybe you can criticize the administrators of the justice if the punishment that is given out does not fit the crime, but an "eye for an eye" is just. As you know, God set up cities of refuge where in an extreme case of an accidental killing, a person could flee and escape getting killed.

If a person steals and gets caught, the person must give back what they stole and repay the same again. If the victim of crime wants the perpetrator to be let off from their punishment, the victim is exercising mercy.

I would like to see what your form your justice would take Richard. What do you propose? What makes you think your proposals will work and why they are better than an "eye for an eye"?

You accuse God of being immoral and you do not want to acknowledge where God has shown justice or where God has shown mercy. Instead of blaming God, you should be blaming mankind. It is the free choice mankind has had that has brought all the trouble on the world. Blame mankind for all the wrong choices that mankind has made.

Individaully, we are all responsible for our own actions. That is why I have to blame myself instead of blaming God. I am responsible for my actions and if commit a crime against my neighbor, I have to expect the consequences. An "eye for an eye" is simple and basic. All modern-day law has done is complicate the law and dilute the punishment and that is why we have such a high crime rate and prisons are full to capacity and it is costing us fortunes to keep criminals locked up in prison.

Going back to the simple system of an "eye for an eye" ought to be put back into practice and then see what happens to the crime rate. The justice of such a law should be taught in the education system. This might deter youngsters from committing crimes.

To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is showing respect and equality. An "eye for an eye" is a sort of corollary to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Put this another way; "have done to you, what you have done to others", I think sums up an "eye for an eye." I cannot see the injustice in this. However, Richard, we bow to your superior thought and wait for your superior law and justice system to be presented to us.

David
    Last edited by David M; 04-07-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David M View Post
    Richard

It is called JUSTICE! Maybe you can criticize the administrators of the justice if the punishment that is given out does not fit the crime, but an "eye for an eye" is just. As you know, God set up cities of refuge where in an extreme case of an accidental killing, a person could flee and escape getting killed.

If a person steals and gets caught, the person must pay back what they stole repay as repay as much again. If the victim of crime wants the perpetrator to be let off from their punishment, the victim is exercising mercy.
    Hey there David,

I see no "JUSTICE" in the eye for an eye law. It is primitive and barbaric. It does not restore the eye that was destroyed, so how is it just? It only creates more suffering in the world.

And you don't really believe it is just, do you? I mean, would you want to see it put in practice as the law in America? Suppose you hit a pedestrian and are found guilty of negligent driving. Would you feel it was JUST for your spinal cord to be severed to make you a paraplegic like the person you hit? That's insane.
    And worse, there are many situations where it could not be applied at all. For example, suppose someone raped your wife. Should his wife be raped??? CWH says yes. And worse, that's exactly how God behaved when he took David's wives and gave them to be screwed on the rooftop by Absalom.
    2 Samuel 12:11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
    Where is God's compassion on those poor women? He passed them around like party treats from Saul to David to Absalom. God was punishing David by having another man screw his wives! That's the primitive morality of an "eye for an eye" coupled with the barbaric male dominance sexual display. They got screwed by all three men! Did they have any choice? Is this justice?

I would like to see what your form of Justice is Richard. What do you propose? What makes you think your proposals will work and why they are better?
    My form of justice would begin with modern civilized jurisprudence! I wouldn't go back to a barbaric law like an eye for an eye! Why do you think there is no civilized nation that follows that law?

And what about Jesus? I thought he was teaching true morality when he said:
    Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
    What's going on? I thought everyone agreed that the teaching of Jesus was the highest morality. But here we see he is contrasting his morality with that of the Old Testament! And why did he use that circuitous language "ye have heard that it hath been said" when he was talking about the eternal law of God given in the Torah in which not a jot or tittle would pass? It's all very confused.

You accuse God of being immoral
    That's not true. I accuse the Bible of teaching that God is immoral. Like when he commanded genocide, and participated in the killing of every man, woman, and child of the tribe of Benjamin with full knowledge that the Israelites would then kill every man, woman, and child of the town of Jabesh-Gilead with the express purpose of kidnapping 400 virgins as "wives" for the remaining soldiers of Benjamin!

You accuse God of being immoral and you do not want to acknowledge where God has shown justice or where God has shown mercy.
    I have never refused to acknowledge that God shows mercy in the Bible.

But his mercy to David was entirely unjust. David should have been killed, but he went free, and it was his innocent son that was killed! That is mercy to the guilty and injustice to the innocent. It is a double perversion of justice attributed to God in the Bible.

Instead of blaming God, you should be blaming mankind. It is the free choice mankind has had that has brought all the trouble on the world. Blame mankind for all the wrong choices. In Rose's book and I would here agree, men are probably more to blame for all the wrong choices made than women.
    You have totally, completely, and absolutely, missed the entire point. If we were talking about the sins of humans, there would be no problem. But that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about unjust acts and moral abominations that the BIBLE attributes to GOD. Got it?

Individaully, we are all responsible for our own actions. That is why I have to blame myself instead of blaming God. I am responsible for my actions and if commit a crime against my neighbor I have to expect the consequences. An "eye for an eye" is simple and basic. All modern law has done is complicate the law and dilute the punishment and that is why we have such a high crime rate and prisons are full to capacity and we are paying fortunes to keep criminals locked up in prison.

Going back to the simple system of an "eye for an eye" ought to be put back into practice and then see what happens to the crime rate. As part of the justice given out to criminals, they can be taught why this law is just.
    I agree there are many problems with modern laws. But that's because humans are involved. It wouldn't be better if we went back to an "eye for an eye" I can assure you of that! For example, what if the person was found innocent after the law removed his eye? As it is, we can let him out of jail. Under your system, it would be impossible to to give him back his eye.

All the best,

Richard

Check out my blog site

Thread Information